Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinevts1134
Re: why are the stems stronger than the caps
    #13773 - 04/22/00 10:18 PM (23 years, 11 months ago)

Wow thank you for clearing that up for me link. This was completle a drunken stuper question that was asked here at my house last nigh and I don't even remember posting this, but this is good to know.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleLinkA
Intrinsically No Good

Loc: Lost Woods, Hyrule
Re: why are the stems stronger than the caps [Re: vts1134]
    #13774 - 04/23/00 09:33 AM (23 years, 11 months ago)

they're not. that's an urban myth. actually, that's backwards from what i usually hear. but, both the stems and the caps are equal in potency. and neither cause better visuals than the other.

Link

------------------
How I wish that somewhere there existed an island for those who are wise and of good will.
-Albert Einstein

--------------------
Wonder had gone away, and he had forgotten that all life is only a set of pictures in the brain, among which there is no difference betwixt those born of real things and those born of inward dreamings, and no cause to value the one above the other.  -- H.P. Lovecraft "The Silver Key"

Invisiblerebelmoon
enthusiast
    #13776 - 04/23/00 12:10 PM (23 years, 11 months ago)

in pharmacotheon, jonathan ott suggests that the caps are indeed more potent. as well as smaller mushrooms since when they grow fast and large, their mass is increased by water and little else.
i doubt you can tell the difference though b/t the stems and caps.
-daniel.

--------------------
"habit is the ballast that chains the dog to its vomit" - s beckett

InvisibleLinkA
Intrinsically No Good

#13777 - 04/23/00 02:15 PM (23 years, 11 months ago)

rebelmoon, did you get that from the same source as the psychoactive piss? i would have to say you're mistaken on this, too. you may want to find another source of information.

Link

------------------
How I wish that somewhere there existed an island for those who are wise and of good will.
-Albert Einstein

--------------------
Wonder had gone away, and he had forgotten that all life is only a set of pictures in the brain, among which there is no difference betwixt those born of real things and those born of inward dreamings, and no cause to value the one above the other.  -- H.P. Lovecraft "The Silver Key"

Invisiblerebelmoon
enthusiast
    #13778 - 04/23/00 06:22 PM (23 years, 11 months ago)

link,
heh heh yeah its from the same "source" as the psychoactive piss. but that was just my interpretation (see the actual quote i just posted in that thread for what ott really says).
jonathan ott is a highly repsected figure in the psychedelic community. "pharmacotheon" is praised by the likes of shulgin and hofmann. it has a bibliography with 25570 sources for fucks sake. if there is an expert it is him.
but whatever.
-daniel.

--------------------
"habit is the ballast that chains the dog to its vomit" - s beckett

Offlineteyju
    #13779 - 04/23/00 08:20 PM (23 years, 11 months ago)

from what i've researched in the relationship between the mushroom mass vs potency, is that the larger ones are not simply less potent but rather have the same potency spread over a larger area. they both have the same potency, just not the same potency per unit of mass.

InvisibleLinkA
Intrinsically No Good

#13780 - 04/23/00 09:56 PM (23 years, 11 months ago)

that's true, teyju, but not really relevant here :wink:

Link

------------------
-Albert Einstein

--------------------

Offlinevts1134
    #13781 - 04/24/00 10:37 AM (23 years, 11 months ago)

OK I have a question. How come when I post a serious question that is germaine to my persuit of fungi perfecti I get nothing, or somewhere near that number. But when I post a drunken stupper post that I didn't even care about nor remember it now is being debated. I just find that funny thats all

[This message has been edited by vts1134 (edited April 24, 2000).]

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds