Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Advanced Mycology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinecbull
enthusiast
extraction?
    #1376657 - 03/14/03 06:33 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

hey long time no see. I haven't been here for about a half a year due to some problems i had.
I see all this extraction stuff going around really interesting.
I only have 2question's about it i did alot of reading and got a few diff answers.

1# is extracting from a cake any diff from extracting from shrooms them self? what would the potency diff be?<--- if theres a diff

2# i see a few posts down from me some one asked about what would a gram of crystals be? and the answer was 1 gram for 50 cc if u wanted a cc a hit. Is this correct? I mean it don't sound right if u can get 1 gram off say 3 cakes right or even 1 gram form say 10-12 grams of shrooms you would break that up to 50ccs and each would be a hit how is that possible theres no way 2 cakes could produce 50 hits of shrooms. if this isnt the right answer what would be im courious thinking about trying it, if its worth it.example--> say u take 10 grams of shrooms and make a 1 gram crystal out of it its not possible to take 10 grams (which would be = to almost 3 hits of shroom doing a 1/8th a hit) and turn it into 50 hits it just don't sound right to me.

you know im sitting here thinking bout extract. well everyone know to eat verm isnt good for you right then how we know that extracting from a cake isnt harmful! dose the alchol or methonal extract anything from the verm?

ohh heres a 3rd ? i also read a few diff answers to this when using 91% or everclear alchol how long should i let the crumbled cake and or shrooms sit in the alchol befor evaperating? i heard a few week a few days 24 hours and if u use a hot water bath 4 hours which is right? bleep out the hot water bath tho im not doing that

--------------------
FAPA - Member Since -5-21-2002

Edited by cbull (03/14/03 07:47 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinewhite_rabbit
alice in wonderland
Re: extraction? [Re: cbull]
    #1376908 - 03/14/03 08:53 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

i did a extraction and evaped it on a pyrex plate so instead of getting the crystals gathered up together like in a jar i had a film that looked like and acted like plastic. i added these pics for u guys to help me out is this what it supposed to look like? and also i need to know how many hits 1 gram can dish out 1 want to take my gram i get from this and make 1 cc hits how many cc hits can it make this is important i asked it befor but like cbull said 50 hits to 1 gram dont sound right and i dont want to o.d on this shit

ps honestly this extract looks excatly like big ass buggers, is that normal

Edited by white_rabbit (03/14/03 09:55 PM)

Invisiblepoke smot!
floccinocci floofinator
Male

Re: extraction? *DELETED* [Re: white_rabbit]
    #1377884 - 03/15/03 10:01 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Post deleted by poke smot!

Reason for deletion: x

OfflineQuick Blaze
Messenger

Loc: On My Way
Re: extraction? [Re: poke smot!]
    #1377991 - 03/15/03 10:56 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

"By using of dilute acetic acid the solution was placed in a boiling water bath for 10 min after extraction and anaysis and was then analysed 10 min after extraction and analysis and was then anal ysed again"

does anyone know where one could find acetic acid?...

--------------------
"Life is one BIG road with Lots of signs. So when you riding through the ruts, don't you complicate your mind. Flee from hate, mischief and jealousy. Don't bury your thoughts, put your vision to reality "

Invisiblezeta
Stranger

Re: extraction? [Re: Quick Blaze]
    #1378107 - 03/15/03 12:04 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

White vinegar is just dilute acetic acid.

OfflinePantherina
Alchemist

Loc: Nirvana
Re: extraction? [Re: Quick Blaze]
    #1378109 - 03/15/03 12:04 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Diltue Acetic acid (ethanoic acid) is in fact white vinegar. This may not be pure enough for your purposes. So better to order it from a chemical warehouse (it does nt cost much). Or distill it from the vinegar. Hope this helps.
You could just use methanol which you can get OTC at a car/plane model shop (99.1%) they use it as fuel, just check it doesnt contain anything else.
White rabbit your extract looks fine. You could purify it. What did u use to extract it with?.

--------------------
The man who lost the plot, so had to improvise

OfflineAudi0
have ur cake andbeat it 2
Female User Gallery

Loc: Dirty South !
Re: extraction? [Re: Pantherina]
    #1378396 - 03/15/03 02:37 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

would denatured alcohol work instead of methanol or 91% iso alcohol?

--------------------

OfflineBigJohnson
Whoa! You guysneed to lightenup!

Loc: The Yard
Re: extraction? [Re: Audi0]
    #1378498 - 03/15/03 03:17 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I wouldn't use denat alcohol. It leaves behind a poisonous residue after evaporation, and you certainly wouldn't want to injest it before it evaporates. Denat alcohol is poisonous.

Your best bet for a fast, pure extraction is to dry your fungus matter (fruits or mycelium) completely, add to a blender with pure methanol (heet brand works), and then filter off the solid and repeat the extraction. After you have collected the two alcohol washes, repeat extraction using distilled water and a small amount of vinagar, maybe one part white vinagar to 20 parts water. Combine alcohol with the water/acid/solid and simmer it all for a few hours. Filter out the solid and evaporate the liquids. Simmering in a baking dish in the oven can really speed up evaporation. You will be left with a yellow/brown sludge. To this add dry acetone and mix. You should see a seperation. You should now have pale alkaloid salts that do not dissolve and a solution of acetone + crap you don't want. Cover this solution and put it in the freezer. Make sure it is air tight or moisture will get in and screw things up. Wait at least 8 hours, remove the solution, and decant the dirty liquid. Keep the solid! Any leftover acetone in the solid will evaporate off quicky. If you wish, you can repeat the wash to obtain a purer crystal.

--------------------
Should the US relegalize drugs?

http://www.lp.org/issues/relegalize.html

OfflineJssMthrFcknChrst
Son of the LordGod Almighty

Loc: Vatican City
Re: extraction? [Re: BigJohnson]
    #1378762 - 03/15/03 06:04 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Denatured alcohol can be denatured in different ways. Basically it is just made undrinkable. Often acetone or methanol is used to denature, and these will evaporate with the alcohol. Find out what was used to denature you alcohol, you may be able to use it. Just make sure that it is something volatile and evaporates cleanly. And to completly dry the extract.

--------------------

OfflineAudi0
have ur cake andbeat it 2
Female User Gallery

Loc: Dirty South !
Re: extraction? [Re: JssMthrFcknChrst]
    #1378774 - 03/15/03 06:12 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

if HEET works ill try it. cant go wrong at 75 cents a bottle.

--------------------

OfflineJssMthrFcknChrst
Son of the LordGod Almighty

Loc: Vatican City
Re: extraction? [Re: Audi0]
    #1378939 - 03/15/03 07:48 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Haven't tried HEET, but theres no reason it shouldn't. Pretty much methanol, with some other things that shouldn't be harmful. Methanol is supposed to be better at extracting the psilocybin, however not so good at extracting psilocin and bacytiocin (sic? kinda drunk).

--------------------

InvisibleEffedS
 User Gallery

Loc: Daylight Slavings
Re: extraction? [Re: white_rabbit]
    #1379016 - 03/15/03 08:23 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Thats looks like a CP extraction gone bad!!!  :shocked:  :grin:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Advanced Mycology