Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineYellowSubmarine
Soviet Pig

Loc: U.S.S.R.
EGO PROBLEMS 101
    #1376607 - 03/14/03 06:03 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I have a question. Whether this topic belongs here, I don't know. Forgive me ahead of time, my writing can be a little rough around the edges as my mind often travels faster than my fingers do. I am having a dilema and it involves mushrooms. I grow them because I believe in them and I sell them for two reasons. 1) I believe they are very positive when used in the right hands and can change peoples perspectives on life itself (at least for me that's what it does) the other reason is because of the money issue that is attached to them. I was raised on capitalism. If you love something it will make you happy. I go through this constant tug of war with myself. I feel like I defintley shed the old me in terms of my own opinions regarding what the government states as an "illegal substance" I feel that it is my body, my mind, I can do what I want with it and so should others. I don't know, I'm just looking for some advice here. I feel that by giving people the option of taking the mushroom, I have opened myself up to a lot of Cosmic Karma I guess you could say. I still believe that this thought is the product of my own nefertarious ego but it is still an issue nonetheless.

-Steve

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineupupup
guardian

Loc: George "I love Hitler" Bu...
Re: EGO PROBLEMS 101 [Re: YellowSubmarine]
    #1376632 - 03/14/03 06:18 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

If you love something it will make you happy.

That would be eroneouse in my opinion as happiness cannot be found externally......nor is it a static emotion that you will just constantly feel.....

I am overall, confused by your post.
If I get you right your having a moral dilemma about selling something that is uplifting the human condition as you see it. Is that right?

If you believe in the premise that you created in the statement of  I have opened myself up to a lot of Cosmic Karma then what would you even need to sell them for? Is not the Karma that you create, if you feel it's good karma, not be enough?

To be Frank, I think your looking for someone to justify your selling the shrooms. To me you need no justification except that now since your asking that you must have conflict about selling them, in which case I would say stop. Give them away, or don't give them away. Let this conflict do as it will within you.

All things rise and pass away as will your inner conflict regarding this subject. The bad news is another inner conflict will come to take it's place......

fucking yin and yang.......

welcome to the dharma....... :laugh:

--------------------
Support bacteria - they're the only culture some people have.

Edited by upupup (03/14/03 06:20 PM)

OfflineYellowSubmarine
Soviet Pig

Re: EGO PROBLEMS 101 [Re: upupup]
    #1376644 - 03/14/03 06:24 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks for the post man. This split within myself just recently happened. I had a long talk with my roommate who sees things from his point of view regarding what I am doing. All it did was bring it into question and gave me another angle on what was going on. I do believe it is a good thing, mushrooms, but the money attachment becomes sort of this oxy moron. I believe it is the mushroom that allows us to see this funny attachment to the materialistic world but then again it does ultimately boil down to the fact that it is money to be made. It's the money that always puts that damn negative spin on it.

I think I am going to relax a bit, take some shrooms and think things out.

-Steve

Offlineupupup
guardian

Loc: George "I love Hitler" Bu...
    #1376675 - 03/14/03 06:39 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

You can take some satisfaction in the fact that you are essentially trapped within this monetary system. No matter what you do short of living in a secluded cave and exsisting on sunlight, your stuck in the money pit......

On a lighter note, you could get busted and then your housing, food, and clothes all get paid for but then again your roomate won't be your friend anymore but a 6'4" redneck named bubba who keeps telling you that you look "hot".......

--------------------
Support bacteria - they're the only culture some people have.

OfflineYellowSubmarine
Soviet Pig

Re: EGO PROBLEMS 101 [Re: upupup]
    #1376864 - 03/14/03 08:26 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

hahaha of course, always a possibility.

i don't know, i'm flippant about all of this. i believe that world needs a good mass trip in these weird times

-

OfflineFunGuyFan
Stranger

Loc: Hack Hack Cough Cough
    #1378740 - 03/15/03 05:51 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Here's my take on it. I think maybe the only reason anyone is concerned about growing being right or wrong is because it is illegal. The only real danger is getting busted. I consider cultivation a trade. I have a trade, although mine is legal so people accept it. I don't ever hear anyone saying tobacco farmers should be concerned about the morality of what they do, even though their trade kills. I think they have a right to grow whatever they want. Its your choice to kill yourself with the tobacco or use it recreationally. If it is your body then it is your choice. I just wish everyone felt that way. Unfortunately most humans let themselves be put in a box.
The only reason you should think twice about what your doing is if you are putting someone elses safety at risk without their concent or if you are letting the cashflow take importance over everything else. Then I think there should be room for concern. otherwise if you truly enjoy it then why not if you are smart about you business?

--------------------

"Don't touch me while your laughing maniacally"

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology