Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinegrib
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Here and there
U.S. Government takes over NWA flight stranding my wife
    #1374494 - 03/14/03 04:14 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I received a call at 1:00 this morning from my wife. She was calling from an airport in a European capital. After arriving at the airport for her flight home she was told by the airline that the US government had taken her plane to transport troops to Kuwait.

Those sorry bastards! No one bothered to call to let her know that this had happened (although the order was presidential and was issued on Monday the 10th!).

So, my wife is at the airport with our 1 year old son. they tell her that there is no flight. OK, so she asked to be on the next flight and they told her that she has to go to the center of the city for new tickets. OK, that's only about 40km. $100 in taxi fares, etc. and she finally has a flight.

The US Government and Northwest airlines are all sorry bastards. Beware.

--------------------
<~>Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake <~>

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: U.S. Government takes over NWA flight stranding my wife [Re: grib]
    #1374546 - 03/14/03 04:42 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Sorry to hear your story. That sucks.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

Loc: Calgary, Alberta
Re: U.S. Government takes over NWA flight stranding my wife [Re: grib]
    #1374613 - 03/14/03 05:11 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Maybe I'm a little out of the loop, but doesn't the U.S. Military have it's OWN planes? That sucks man...my sympathies to your wife.

--------------------
"Life has never been weird enough for my liking"

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

Re: U.S. Government takes over NWA flight stranding my wife [Re: Rono]
    #1374626 - 03/14/03 05:16 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

The government here, as well as most countries I believe, have the power to commandeer planes and ships to transport troops. I'd be surprised if the same doesn't hold true in Canookland.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

Loc: Calgary, Alberta
Re: U.S. Government takes over NWA flight stranding my wife [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1374639 - 03/14/03 05:21 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I understand that...but are they that desperate for aircraft that they need to commandeer planes? Where exactly is the billions of dollars in military spending going?...airline tickets???

--------------------
"Life has never been weird enough for my liking"

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

#1374646 - 03/14/03 05:25 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Big Motherfucking Bombs

--------------------

Offlinegrib
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Here and there
    #1374697 - 03/14/03 05:44 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Where exactly is the billions of dollars in military spending going?...airline tickets???

You know, excellent question...

First class airfare for politicians and government employees? $750.00 toilet seats? $50 per nut and bolt (that cost about .50 at a hardware store) etc., etc., etc.

--------------------
<~>Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake <~>

OfflineFred Garvin
Male Prostitute
Loc: The northern part of sout...
    #1374768 - 03/14/03 06:05 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Maybe I'm a little out of the loop, but doesn't the U.S. Military have it's OWN planes? That sucks man...my sympathies to your wife.

Actually we have quite a fleet of transports, C5's, C141's, C17's etc. But they are all at maximum use right now. Some have to be taken out of service periodically for phased inspections to the airframe and engines. With the massive troop and equipment buildup that is still going on, it's not surprising to see the gov commandeer a portion of the civillian fleet. They were predicting this months ago, I guess it's finally happening. They did it during the first gulf war as well.

You'd think the NWA would've been a little more helpful though, it sounds like they were total dicks.

--------------------

The above statements are just the incoherent babblings of your friendly neighborhood Cracker!

Shur drinkin kils brane sells--but only the week ones!!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion