Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleMycomancer
Psi Cubed
 User Gallery

Loc: United States
Migraine and .5g, treasure coast
    #13734587 - 01/05/11 10:55 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

So i didn't make it to work today.  I woke up with a headache, which I didn't think much of at that point.  Then the undulating geometries in my peripheral vision which has always been my signal of oncoming migraine. 

Now, the last two times i saw this aura, the migraine never followed, which was strange but awesome.  I was hoping the same would happen this time and headed out for work.  I take a train into work, and by the time i was at my last stop i was emailing my boss that I couldn't make it in.  It was horrible, i had taken some ibuprofen but it didn't make a dent as usual.

On the painful ride home i started to remember about people using sub-psychedelic dosages to treat headache/migraine/clusters, and i was ready to try anything.  I have a low tolerance for just about anything and I wast real sure what would constitute a sub-psychedelic dose.  I decided arbitrarily on .5grams. 

So anyway here is what i wrote periodically during my experiment, someone may find it useful.

9:06 am  .5g at

9:50  feel an incredible lightness, mind feels normal no oev or cev, head still hurts but i feel it has only slightnened lessened.  its my body that feels great

1034 feeling same as before, except i feel i am right at the threshold to visuals at this dose, just one step before it ignites,  like at this point you make them come with a wee  bit of effort, bu they are not self sustaining at all  it requirex absdoluyte focus and

att3n6tion for just a slight movement.  as far as my migraine goes it is still noticeable espeici9ally when lying down but overall it is dulled

12:16 well, ive gone out for coffee and ate lunch.  the physical well being is still there but diminishing.  mentally i had a thinking pattern like on a trip, shifted, but correspondingly lower in relation to dosage.  It was still amazing, i was walking around and felt great, kept calling things beautiful as i passed them, in my mind everything was beautiful and i felt amazing.  All on a sub-psychedelic dose.  And this is coming from a guy who consumed them during a pretty heavy migraine. I am still feeling very good,  i never felt out of control, or had an unintended boughts of laughter.  I feel had i been around people I would be very social, similar to a decent alcohol buzz

So the verdict on the migraine.  ok i am not suffering the migraine anymore.  It is still there, mind you, but its now completely dissociative.  There in the background and it doesn't bother me at all, though i still get a reminder of its presence if i bend down to pick something up for example, i def get the pro-dome pain, but less.  The moment you are distracted by something like say music, it dissapears into the background and everything goes on being beautiful again.

1ish:  feeling completely normal now, with some added insight.  with confidence I can say, that right now I feel like I would had I not had a sub-psychedelic dose.  I am experiencing now what feels to be a completely usual prodome effect that migraine suffers will understand what I mean by that.  The beneficial effect occured in the few hours following the dose, where I had wonderful distractions and pain was neatly put in the background of experience, so in that respect there was absolutely value in this.  Otherwise i could had just suffered the whole thing.
Take of this what you will.

Edited by Mycomancer (01/05/11 12:22 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisible1EyeCries
Paper Weight
 User Gallery

Loc: Earth
Re: Migraine and .5g [Re: Mycomancer]
    #13734800 - 01/05/11 11:40 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

funny that u post this, i suffer from cluster, chronic cluster might i add, tho the doc i used to see thought it was more of a cluster migraine hybrid, as the physical syptoms of my headaches were that of a cluster and the pain is defiantely debilitating but they last longer than a classic cluster attack,1.5-3 hours which have a precursing shadow and and after effect as well, its like i always have a fuse lit, just every couple hours it ignites the dynamite, cluster headaches suck and so do migraines and id do anything to never feel this pain again, i would rip my genitals off with my bare hand if that was the trade i would have to make to be free from these headaches

yesterday i got sick of being hooked up on my oxygen tank, and i have used mushrooms before to try and stop the headaches completely like alot of other have had success with, 1.5g up to 3 gram doses, only being headache free the 12 hours or so the mushrooms had effects on me. aftert hey wore off i was back at square one.

well i decided to take about .5g yesterday when i felt the next attack coming, powdered them in my grinder and put em on a spoon with some honey, and about 15 minutes my shadow (which eventually turns into a full blown attack if i dont get on oxygen right away) was gone, that was about 2 pm, my headache did not return till 9pm than night, where i would have had to jump back on the oxygen multiple times to keep the pain at bay

i did the same thing today with.3g
maybe even .2 or .1 could be successful in keeping them at bay?

and as with you i got a slight buzz for about  2 hours, i was on the edge of the cliff just looking over into the rabbit hole, like i was at the concert but in the back row

if u look at the chemical equation of psilo and lsd, lsa and a lot of migraine meds like imitrex, the chemical is almost exactly the same, very interesting, along with the chemical equation of seratonin which many believe is low in people that suffer migraines and clusters

although there is a ton of other things going on during these headaches, i think its a big part of the puzzle into understanding why

AO

Invisibledysphoria
lost soul

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Migraine and .5g [Re: 1EyeCries]
    #13737755 - 01/05/11 08:48 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

i have successfully used both lsd and mushrooms to treat migraine headaches for some time now. i prefer them over traditional medicines ive been prescribed.

my longest use was .5-1g every day for about a month, during which time i had many positive changes. and i also do not remember getting very high after the first few days. occasionally id have mild mushroom like side effects, such as heavy breathing and watery eyes, but few if any hallucinations. after the month was over, i did not get any headaches for quite some time. in fact, they just started coming back, about 4-5 years after the fact. could be coincidence, could be because mushrooms are medicine. who knows.

in any case, be safe, know your own mind, and best of luck.

--------------------

Invisible1EyeCries
Paper Weight
 User Gallery

Re: Migraine and .5g [Re: dysphoria]
    #13737908 - 01/05/11 09:09 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

dysphoria said:
i prefer them over traditional medicines ive been prescribed.

:thumbup: some of that shit will fuck u up bad and most of them arent even made for headache treatments

OfflineEywa_devotee
Goddess Worshiper
Male User Gallery

Loc: State of Confusion, Arkan... Flag
    #13738612 - 01/05/11 11:18 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

LSD seems to be the most effective at treating migraines and cluster headaches IMO. You need to take at lest a threshold dose, preferably a heavy dose if you can make time for it. A heavy dose gives remission for at least several weeks, usually 2-3 months. Definitely works a lot better than the trex or the $$$ Maxalt...

--------------------
"Love one another." "To Love is to know me." "Love is the Law, Love under Will." "In Compassion, all sorrows end." Regardless of the Master, the message is the same- Choose love and you shall live, Choose Fear and you shall die. Help bring peace to this Earth: Love one another, and serve others before yourself.

Invisible1EyeCries
Paper Weight
 User Gallery

Re: Migraine and .5g [Re: Eywa_devotee]
    #13740481 - 01/06/11 11:00 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Eywa_devotee said:
LSD seems to be the most effective at treating migraines and cluster headaches IMO. You need to take at lest a threshold dose, preferably a heavy dose if you can make time for it. A heavy dose gives remission for at least several weeks, usually 2-3 months. Definitely works a lot better than the trex or the $$$ Maxalt...

for about 80 percent of the people who find little to no relief from traditional meds and have chosen the road of alternatives, what im trying to say is it doesnt work as well for everyone

Invisible1EyeCries
Paper Weight
 User Gallery

#13740591 - 01/06/11 11:19 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

psilo - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Psilocybn.svg
lsd - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:LSD_2D,_3D.png
dmt - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:DMT.svg
imitrex - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Sumatriptan.svg

BOL 148 - http://www.dosenation.com/listing.php?id=7392 (currently being researched and exploring funding for medicinal use http://www.entheogencorp.com/)

i find the similarity in these molecules fascinating, from lsd to bol is looks like Br is added and the compound is no longer hallucinogenicc but has the same effect on migraine and clusters

imitrex was designed for migraine patients, but is effective in aborting a cluster attack as well, but the nature of cluster make everyday use and multiple doses in 24 hours a dangerous thing, but is a life saver when lets say your at work, for some reason as well imitrex causes rebounds in most cluster patients and some migraines, where the returning headache lasts longer in duration and is far more intense and tougher to get rid of, forcing people to continue to repeaditly use imitrex, creating a vicious cycle of pain and drug use, for something so expensive id rather consume a 1/4 tab or better of lsd or some mushies

it seems to me that these thingsare known to help migraine and clusters (psilo,lsd,dmt) but no pharmaceutical company can patent or produce these, so its not gonna make them any money, perhaps the same issue with MJ for medicinal use as it cant really be cpontrolled or profited from by pharm companies because its naturally occuring

for some things this country sucks, since we let so many suffer when answers are right there but made illegal, and we spend our money on sending machines to mars and other countries instead of helping those in our own

just some shit to ponder

AO

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract