Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinenermski
Stranger

Loc: South East
Cubes are out in GA
    #1374014 - 03/13/03 08:20 PM (21 years, 11 days ago)

Just thought I would let you guys know, the cubes are out. In fact, they've been out for about a week now where I live, central georgia. So put on your shrooming shoes and get ready to hit up them cow fields.

--------------------
It's better to overdose than to underdose.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMESCALATO
hunting.
 User Gallery

Loc: Central Alabama
Re: Cubes are out in GA [Re: nermski]
    #1374278 - 03/13/03 11:22 PM (21 years, 11 days ago)

??????? wondering if they are out in central alabama ?????? i shall go and see today, cause we had a good rain yesterday.

--------------------

Offlinestaleyx
Fried en doBoom!
Loc: Near Atlanta
Re: Cubes are out in GA [Re: MESCALATO]
    #1374486 - 03/14/03 02:08 AM (21 years, 10 days ago)

Yay. I love you for posting this. I have to go this weekend to find another field where the cows are in it.

--------------------
huh?

Offlinenermski
Stranger

Loc: South East
Re: Cubes are out in GA [Re: staleyx]
    #1376068 - 03/14/03 11:34 AM (21 years, 10 days ago)

Well I am a little more south from Atlanta. They are growing very sparingly right now and this cold front just came in so this weekend is not looking so good.

--------------------
It's better to overdose than to underdose.

OfflineATLien
Harm ReductionGuru

Loc: Atlanta Georgia
    #1376167 - 03/14/03 12:10 PM (21 years, 10 days ago)

the temp has been around 50-60 degrees in North Atlanta, and I've seen some varieties appearing (saw them in horse fields from the roadside, prolly not cubes).

--------------------

OfflineGRiMBLe_GRuMBLe
journeyman
Loc: Alabama, Land of Cubensis
Re: Cubes are out in GA [Re: ATLien]
    #1376457 - 03/14/03 02:53 PM (21 years, 10 days ago)

Sweet, I'm south Alabama, right on the coast. I bet theres cubies out here too....better go get a paper sack and hit the road....

--------------------
Free Yourself From Yourself

Offlinestaleyx
Fried en doBoom!
Loc: Near Atlanta
Re: Cubes are out in GA [Re: GRiMBLe_GRuMBLe]
    #1376515 - 03/14/03 03:15 PM (21 years, 10 days ago)

im with ya grimble

--------------------
huh?

OfflinesinoptiK
TranceAddict

Loc: USA
Re: Cubes are out in GA [Re: staleyx]
    #1377369 - 03/15/03 02:47 AM (21 years, 9 days ago)

can't wait for them to start poppin up in ga. I know of many fields in northern ga that produce heavily if the farmers didn't use fungicide this year in their feeds.

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: Cubes are out in GA [Re: sinoptiK]
    #1377732 - 03/15/03 06:51 AM (21 years, 9 days ago)

> I know of many fields in northern ga that produce heavily if the farmers didn't use fungicide this year in their feeds.

According to MJ, they don't use fungicide in their feeds, that's just a myth.
And no, the goverment does not require they feed the cows food with fungicide. The government has bigger fish to fry than the war on mushrooms. They're more concerned with the cocaine coming from Colombia and the meth labs that are popping up in suburbia.

Salt licks also do not affect mushroom growth. It all boils down to the weather conditions being right and the spores being present.

OfflineASloan471
Stranger

Loc: SC
Re: Cubes are out in GA [Re: Gumby]
    #1377916 - 03/15/03 08:16 AM (21 years, 9 days ago)

Post Deleted by Administrator

--------------------
???`?._.?????`?._.????Reality Is Just A Crutch For Those Who Cant Handle The Drugs????._.???`???._.???`?

OfflineLD50_13grams
Masterseeker

Loc: where am i?
Re: Cubes are out in GA [Re: ASloan471]
    #1378011 - 03/15/03 09:06 AM (21 years, 9 days ago)

after all this rain we have seen here in GA for the past 3 weeks how are your fields not swampt? the ground is still cold , and the fileds are soaking wet with 3 inches of water resting on the top soil of many parts in the fileds , with all this goey mud the cows are trampling up the soil completly mashing into the mudd a good 2-5 inchs , in the entire field, which means that the myceleum is also getting destroyed ...i will go check it out right as it gets dark tonight , and will be checking every night at different fileds everynight , shurely if they are poping in central GA then they will show here close to the fla line . great news tho on yalls find in ytour own special fields ...strange that they arnt in the same shape as the ones here but good t hear none the less .

--------------------
The cow is my mother , for i was not born until i found my home. I was in her womb until i found truth, its a shame that many generations will remain in the womb there entire lifes on this earth , never to learn , never to live.

OfflineASloan471
Stranger

Loc: SC
Re: Cubes are out in GA [Re: LD50_13grams]
    #1378047 - 03/15/03 09:29 AM (21 years, 9 days ago)

Post Deleted by Administrator

--------------------
???`?._.?????`?._.????Reality Is Just A Crutch For Those Who Cant Handle The Drugs????._.???`???._.???`?

InvisibleMESCALATO
hunting.
 User Gallery

Loc: Central Alabama
Cubes are out in Ga [Re: ASloan471]
    #1378220 - 03/15/03 11:12 AM (21 years, 9 days ago)

checked my favorinte spots in central Ala didint even find mycellium but tommorow i will go further south if i find i will let yous guys know.

pray for rain!

--------------------

Edited by MESCALATO (03/15/03 12:10 PM)

OfflineRemy
Bitches Brew
 User Gallery

Loc: Atlanta, GA
    #1379727 - 03/16/03 02:14 AM (21 years, 8 days ago)

Yea I found about 30 or 40 monsters on horse shit this weekend.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Cubes are out in GA [Re: Remy]
    #1379734 - 03/16/03 02:20 AM (21 years, 8 days ago)

Well Remy, What kinda monster shrooms did you find on Horse shit.

The reason I ask is because Psilocybe cubensis rarely ever grows on horse shit and usually never more than one shroom on a pile of horse shit and that would be one to every 5000 P. cubensis found on cow or buffalo shit.

Do you hcve photos of them growing in the horse shit then please post them for us to see. It would be a firstr for the academic scenee to show 30 or 40 on hosrse shit.

mj

Edited by mjshroomer (03/16/03 02:22 AM)

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #1379745 - 03/16/03 02:30 AM (21 years, 8 days ago)

One must remember that on large farms cattle are generally moved from paddock to paddock at different times of the years, and young cattle may graze where other cattle do not, and they too are moved around from filed to field.

It ois like rotating crops. Also some fileds may produce for two or three years and then nothing for several years. There is no known reason why this happens but alot of it depends on when the cattle were in the fileld. When the cows drop their pies, there is much amonia from urine inthe fields, the cattle may wander into other grazing fields while the mycelium grows inthe cow pie, thent he cattle four to six weeks later are returned to the field and the shrooms will start to pop up or they may come up with no cattle in the field because they are grazing elsewhere.

Also, most shrooms grow from where manure fell on gass which had spore residues and deposits onthe blades of grass. Then the cow shits. Six weeks later these shrooms grow up around the edges of the manure. Some also grow from Cattle who have eaten the shrooms while grazing and the mycelium begains to grow inthe ri stomacks. This will make shrooms pup up inthe middle of pies which may be a few days old when they hit the ground.

OIthers will grow from mycelium in manured soil. Many different conditions must me met for a good fruiting.

In Hawaii there have been fields I went in next to many fields all separated by fences but the cattle are always moved aropund to graze.

Some of the fields nexct to each other would have shrooms and then one inbetween two which had them did not.

And not all fields have mushrooms unless they came withg the cattle who are there.

Again, this does not mean that spores on pone fioeld will blow over to the next as suggested by stamets, although that can happen.

mj

Twenty-five years in the field you began to understand their lifestyle and cycles. and weather c0onditions. IT is not something you learn in two or three years of picking shrooms.

mj

OfflineRemy
Bitches Brew
 User Gallery

Loc: Atlanta, GA
Re: Cubes are out in GA [Re: mjshroomer]
    #1380454 - 03/16/03 07:54 AM (21 years, 8 days ago)

Quote:

Well Remy, What kinda monster shrooms did you find on Horse shit.

All Psilocybe cubensis, growing in clumps of 5-10. I didn't take pictures of them on the shit, but I can take pictures of what I kept from my find. They are without a doubt cubes, and some of the most beautiful, and large cubes I have ever picked. Although it is supposedely rare to find cubes on horse shit, I have been finding them on horse shit for about two years. This was on the shit pile at a horse farm in around Alanta. Next time I go I will take pics, of them growing, but I do not appreciate you trying to discredit me, becuase I know I picked cubes, and I tripped on them last night.

Edited by Remy (03/16/03 08:01 AM)

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: Cubes are out in GA [Re: mjshroomer]
    #1380501 - 03/16/03 08:06 AM (21 years, 8 days ago)

Quote:

The reason I ask is because Psilocybe cubensis rarely ever grows on horse shit and usually never more than one shroom on a pile of horse shit and that would be one to every 5000 P. cubensis found on cow or buffalo shit.

Maybe thats the case where you're hunting. Around Atlanta, cubensis are found on horse manure almost just as frequently as they are on cow manure(if not more frequently, north of ATL). Just because the master ethno-mycologist John Allen finds them in Florida or Thailand only on cow or buffalo shit, doesn't mean it's the same everywhere.

If the search function was working I'd tell you to do a search, LK has found tons of cubes growing on horse shit in the Atlanta area, and he's got pictures to prove it.

Edited by GumbyDude (03/16/03 09:15 AM)

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #1380582 - 03/16/03 08:42 AM (21 years, 8 days ago)

Yes the Lizard King was finding Cubensis, last year in a Georgia horse pasture, with horses only.

He posted plenty of images of this.

The caps that he was finding, i remember thinking that they were strangely bright-colored, compared to other Cubes we have normally seen growing from cow dung.

I tend to dissagree with mjshroomer's philosophy about why Shrooms grow in some pastures and not in others..and i dont think that the mushrooms move about from field-to-field,, the cows move the Shrooms around..mushrooms don't have legs so therefore,,they cannot walk.  :grin: :grin:

Keep shroomin,
GG

P.S. What is this thing supposed to be?? 

wtf is a wexican?  :smile:

Keep shroomin,
GG 

OfflineATLien
Harm ReductionGuru

Loc: Atlanta Georgia
Re: Cubes are out in GA [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #1380720 - 03/16/03 09:37 AM (21 years, 8 days ago)

I've always heard it had to do with the different types of feed the animals were given. Horses (especially in North ATL) are fed pure grain, and I've always thought that was good for mushroom poo

but I may be wrong, if so, correct me....

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate