Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTrife
shroomin' n00b(for now)
Loc: East Coast, USA
Questions about chronic tek...
    #1373307 - 03/13/03 02:55 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Hey guys, my dog Ralphie has a few questions concerning the chronic tek, which can be found, here

Number one, unfortunatly this site doesn't specifiy, but Ralphie assumes you use uncut 1/2 pint cakes on this tek, right?

Ralphies question number two... does the outside area around the quart jars need to be somewhat clean? He's thinking if so, of putting the quart jars inside of a sterilite container,but if not, he'll just put them hidden inside his closet.

Also ralphie just wants to confirm, when putting his 1/2 pint jars in the PC, he turns the lid rubber side up and screws the top on losely - then covers the top with a lil bit of aluminum foil, right? During this process the innoculation holes would be covered up with tape, leaving the half screwed on top to be the only way for air exchange during PCing? Then once it's done, i just unscrew the top and flip over the lid (would now be rubber side down) and tighten the lid, right?

If he innoculates them on the 15th, provided he keeps the temp of incubator at like 82 degrees, would it be okay if he is out of town until the 23rd?

--------------------
I dream of rain...........

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTrife
shroomin' n00b(for now)
Re: Questions about chronic tek... [Re: Trife]
    #1373637 - 03/13/03 05:19 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

bumpies

--------------------

OfflineApocolypse
Stoner
Loc: Central US
    #1373690 - 03/13/03 05:40 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

From what I have read, I dont think that if you are using a mutilspore innoc, you would need to leave them seal up, just put them seal down and loose lids, cover with foil, then after PC, tighten them down immediately to keep the bad things out. Like I said, no first hand exp. (yet), so someone correct me if I led him astray, I just felt bad no one was answering.

Apoc

--------------------
-All pictures and associated text featured in any posts of mine are the sole property of Batman who flies by my window in the morning, he asked me to post it online for him and so I do-

OfflineTrife
shroomin' n00b(for now)
    #1374868 - 03/14/03 04:33 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Come on guys, please help me

--------------------

Invisibledog
straw dog

Loc: Route 66
    #1374892 - 03/14/03 04:41 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Number one, unfortunatly this site doesn't specifiy, but Ralphie assumes you use uncut 1/2 pint cakes on this tek, right?

Correct
Quote:

does the outside area around the quart jars need to be somewhat clean? 

My friend left his on his bookshelf, his desk, wherever. No problems.
Quote:

Then once it's done, i just unscrew the top and flip over the lid (would now be rubber side down) and tighten the lid, right? 

No, just leave it. All that would do is increase your contam risk.
Quote:

If he innoculates them on the 15th, provided he keeps the temp of incubator at like 82 degrees, would it be okay if he is out of town until the 23rd?

Yup. Just leave 'em warm and in the dark.  :smile:

--------------------

Fascism (fash'izem) n. A governmental system marked by a centralized dictatorship, stringent socioeconomic controls, and often belligerent nationalism. see also: the Bush Administration.

OfflineTrife
shroomin' n00b(for now)
Re: Questions about chronic tek... [Re: dog]
    #1375039 - 03/14/03 05:30 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

dog....

...I...

LOVE YOU MAN!  :grin:

Now just hope all goes well for Ralphie :smile:

--------------------

Offlinemtglu
Hundredaire

Loc: California
    #1375501 - 03/14/03 08:24 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Mysterious Dr. X has some words of advice for Ralphie: He tried this tek, thinking it would be easy, and for the most part it was. However, those photos from Chronic are the very best of what you could expect. Dr. X's mushies kept running into the side of the glass, and they always looked very cramped in the jars, so he switched them to a terrarium with perlite after only 3-4 days. Dr. X says, "By all means, go for it, but just be warned they might not turn out like those pictures. Also, getting the cakes out of the jars was a gigantic pain in the ass, resulting in many inadvertently harvested mushrooms."

--------------------
" I think Pringles' initial intention was to make tennis balls. But on the day that the rubber was supposed to show up, a big truckload of potatoes arrived. But Pringles is a laid-back company. They said "Fuck it. Cut em up." "

-Mitch Hedberg

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies