Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinerjudd42
Stranger
LSD - Losing touch with reality....
    #13735794 - 01/05/11 03:35 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I am currently a mid 20 aged college student. I've taken Psilocybin mushrooms 4 times, amanita muscaria once and LSD 5 times.
I've always had pretty normal trips, lots of weird things but nothing completely out of the ordinary aside from a couple somewhat timid LSD visual hallucinations.
My last LSD experience was definitely the strangest, and I've come here to see if anyone has had a similar experience.
I had taken two strong hits of LSD, around 30% more than my previous heaviest experience, which I figured was a decent amount for somebody inexperienced (somewhat) with LSD.
The night had been pretty regular, typical amazing LSD night. About 4 hours in, my friend talked me into smoking pot while under the effects. I was pretty resistant, the only drug I've combined with LSD was spice (Don't do it!!!!) but nonetheless, decided pot would be much better.
So after smoking a sober friend of mine decided he wanted to take us space cruising in his car.
We left the house and after about two minutes of driving he turned on Boards of Canada - Aquarius. I was really feeling the LSD and pot by this time and I closed my eyes and tilted my head back listening to the music.
Within seconds the feeling became much more intense, and it felt like I was floating. I started to feel like I was losing consciousness, with heavy closed eye patterns. Being a fairly experienced psychedelic user, this didn't panic me too much, but I was debating whether or not I should keep my eyes open and fight it. Decided I would close my eyes again, this time it started to feel even more intense. I could gradually feel myself losing consciousness, like in a sort of meditative/dreaming state. I decided to go deeper. I started to feel myself completely losing touch with reality and was not sure whether or not I was dying.
Within about 30 seconds of closing my eyes I felt completely free of my body. I was floating in mid air, moving between two intricate blue and black waves of patterns and colors. I felt like this was due to the song, the two consistent deep sounds felt like they were the patterns that were surrounding me.
Has anyone else experienced this? A sort of meditative, dreamy state with VERY detailed believable patterns. I felt like I had broken through to another reality.

Just to be a bit more specific, I'm not talking about the general vision change or whatever psychedelic drugs provide. I know what this feels/looks like. I'm talking about a completely unique experience. Like dying, losing reality and existing in another dimension almost. Obviously it's a bit hard to try and put into words  :wink:

Edited by rjudd42 (01/05/11 03:39 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinetrue
story

Loc: Humboldt county
Re: LSD - Losing touch with reality.... [Re: rjudd42]
    #13735814 - 01/05/11 03:39 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

usually smoking some ganja will intensify an lsd trip for me. try smoking a rip of dmt during the peak of an lsd trip. or better yet salvia.

--------------------
zero content is the goal

Offlinerjudd42
Stranger
Re: LSD - Losing touch with reality.... [Re: true]
    #13735820 - 01/05/11 03:41 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Certainly pot will increase LSD effects, but I'm not necessarily talking about a change in intensity. I felt like my breakthrough was more of a change in mind or reality, not intensity.

OfflineROFL_my_ WAFFLE

Loc: Florida Flag
    #13735857 - 01/05/11 03:46 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Maybe it was a combination of things... I wouldn't worry about it.

--------------------

OfflineGEncore
Authentic
Male

Loc: Buenos Aires Flag
Re: LSD - Losing touch with reality.... [Re: ROFL_my_ WAFFLE]
    #13735878 - 01/05/11 03:51 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Sounds like just a very strong trip, nothing to worry about.

Offlinerjudd42
Stranger
Re: LSD - Losing touch with reality.... [Re: GEncore]
    #13735901 - 01/05/11 03:55 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Acutally, the only time I considered it to be a worry whatsoever, was at the time of choosing unconsciousness over consciousness. I'm certainly not worried about it now, it was probably the most important experience of my entire life.
I was just curious as to if someone else feels like they have made it to that other "realm".

InvisiblePsilocypher
Explorer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Earth
    #13735937 - 01/05/11 04:03 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

rjudd42 said:
We left the house and after about two minutes of driving he turned on Boards of Canada - Aquarius. I was really feeling the LSD and pot by this time and I closed my eyes and tilted my head back listening to the music.

I love that song!

--------------------

Offlinecandyflip420
Original Gangster
Male

Re: LSD - Losing touch with reality.... [Re: Psilocypher]
    #13736045 - 01/05/11 04:24 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Sounds like you had ego death . Weed with enhance the effect of acid alot . Makes trips pretty spiritual

--------------------

OfflineSalviNate
Misnomer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dablands Flag
Re: LSD - Losing touch with reality.... [Re: candyflip420]
    #13736778 - 01/05/11 06:12 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

You came out of your head and flew down I55 20ft above the ground on lsd with your own soundtrack...Sounds like a good ass trip to me!

--------------------

Edited by SalviNate (01/05/11 06:36 PM)

Invisiblemarkofthebeast
Male

Re: LSD - Losing touch with reality.... *DELETED* [Re: SalviNate]
    #13736898 - 01/05/11 06:30 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Post deleted by rustyeffect

Reason for deletion: .

--------------------
They call me Mark

:penguinmonkey:

Edited by œȾȿȝȴɧʢǥ (ȏɟ/ȿɮ/ɷɖ 68:82 PM)

Offlineeazy_jesus
Stranger

Loc: GA
Re: LSD - Losing touch with reality.... [Re: markofthebeast]
    #13737420 - 01/05/11 07:56 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

rustyeffect said:
Try taking lsd alone while listening to headphones and smoking some weed.  :awesome:

No joke, one of the greatest experiences of my fucking life.

Offlinenicechrisman
Interdimensional space wizard
Male User Gallery

Re: LSD - Losing touch with reality.... [Re: eazy_jesus]
    #13737551 - 01/05/11 08:19 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

eazy_jesus said:
Quote:

rustyeffect said:
Try taking lsd alone while listening to headphones and smoking some weed.  :awesome:

No joke, one of the greatest experiences of my fucking life.

yes. Good stuff. Last time I took LSD I tripped around town, and kinda had a little paranoia tenseness about me. Not real bad, but still noticeable. Next time, I'm gonna go the headphones laying in bed route. It can be pretty awesome. I think some of the most awesome psychedelic experiences are the more internal ones.

Rp- that sounds like an awesome trip. I'm a little jealous.

--------------------
"Cosmic Love is absolutelely ruthless and highly indifferent:
it teaches its lessons whether you like/dislike them or not."

John C. Lily

Edited by nicechrisman (01/05/11 08:19 PM)

OfflineAzure Essence
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: LSD - Losing touch with reality.... [Re: nicechrisman]
    #13737619 - 01/05/11 08:26 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I used to make sure I had time set aside to go for a nice long walk with headphones, but lately I find I'm making sure I set aside the time to lay in bed with music and just become an orb of pure sensation

Offlineeazy_jesus
Stranger

Re: LSD - Losing touch with reality.... [Re: Azure Essence]
    #13737659 - 01/05/11 08:32 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Azure Essence said:
I used to make sure I had time set aside to go for a nice long walk with headphones, but lately I find I'm making sure I set aside the time to lay in bed with music and just become an orb of pure sensation

:thumbup:

My friends think I'm crazy for dosing up alone in a dark room. They just don't understanddddddd.

Offlinenicechrisman
Interdimensional space wizard
Male User Gallery

Re: LSD - Losing touch with reality.... [Re: eazy_jesus]
    #13737740 - 01/05/11 08:45 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

eazy_jesus said:
Quote:

Azure Essence said:

:thumbup:

My friends think I'm crazy for dosing up alone in a dark room. They just don't understanddddddd.

yeah, you can go so much deeper into the experience. Maintaining social consciousness can really detract from the states of consciousness that are available in psychedelics.

--------------------
"Cosmic Love is absolutelely ruthless and highly indifferent:
it teaches its lessons whether you like/dislike them or not."

John C. Lily

OfflineAzure Essence
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #13737790 - 01/05/11 08:52 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Oh yeah, it's the only way I trip now. I dont trip with people anymore, they just distract from the extremely important experience going on.

Eventually I want to try tripping with earplugs and eye covers.

Offlineeazy_jesus
Stranger

#13737828 - 01/05/11 08:59 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

nicechrisman said:
Maintaining social consciousness can really detract from the states of consciousness that are available in psychedelics.

EXACTLY. I'd rather be in my own head than trying to explain things to people.

Invisibledrr
Female
    #13738053 - 01/05/11 09:31 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

rjudd42 said:
I am currently a mid 20 aged college student. I've taken Psilocybin mushrooms 4 times, amanita muscaria once and LSD 5 times.
I've always had pretty normal trips, lots of weird things but nothing completely out of the ordinary aside from a couple somewhat timid LSD visual hallucinations.
My last LSD experience was definitely the strangest, and I've come here to see if anyone has had a similar experience.
I had taken two strong hits of LSD, around 30% more than my previous heaviest experience, which I figured was a decent amount for somebody inexperienced (somewhat) with LSD.
The night had been pretty regular, typical amazing LSD night. About 4 hours in, my friend talked me into smoking pot while under the effects. I was pretty resistant, the only drug I've combined with LSD was spice (Don't do it!!!!) but nonetheless, decided pot would be much better.
So after smoking a sober friend of mine decided he wanted to take us space cruising in his car.
Within seconds the feeling became much more intense, and it felt like I was floating. I started to feel like I was losing consciousness, with heavy closed eye patterns. Being a fairly experienced psychedelic user, this didn't panic me too much, but I was debating whether or not I should keep my eyes open and fight it. Decided I would close my eyes again, this time it started to feel even more intense. I could gradually feel myself losing consciousness, like in a sort of meditative/dreaming state. I decided to go deeper. I started to feel myself completely losing touch with reality and was not sure whether or not I was dying.
Within about 30 seconds of closing my eyes I felt completely free of my body. I was floating in mid air, moving between two intricate blue and black waves of patterns and colors. I felt like this was due to the song, the two consistent deep sounds felt like they were the patterns that were surrounding me.
Has anyone else experienced this? A sort of meditative, dreamy state with VERY detailed believable patterns. I felt like I had broken through to another reality.

Just to be a bit more specific, I'm not talking about the general vision change or whatever psychedelic drugs provide. I know what this feels/looks like. I'm talking about a completely unique experience. Like dying, losing reality and existing in another dimension almost. Obviously it's a bit hard to try and put into words  :wink:

What you are describing, is the essence of the psychedelic experience. Now that I have been there and back, even low doses are powerful - the loss of reality is much more mild, but nonetheless there. It isn't just a high like other drugs. What you are experiencing is transcendence... if you could imagine that, but a hundred times more intense, you will begin to get an idea of what an ego death experience means. The loss of reality is so severe that you have nothing left to hold on to - you are tumbling into an abyss of patterns, without your body.

Offlinerjudd42
Stranger
Re: LSD - Losing touch with reality.... [Re: drr]
    #13740474 - 01/06/11 10:58 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

drr said:

What you are describing, is the essence of the psychedelic experience. Now that I have been there and back, even low doses are powerful - the loss of reality is much more mild, but nonetheless there. It isn't just a high like other drugs. What you are experiencing is transcendence... if you could imagine that, but a hundred times more intense, you will begin to get an idea of what an ego death experience means. The loss of reality is so severe that you have nothing left to hold on to - you are tumbling into an abyss of patterns, without your body.

Thanks for the replies.
That is interesting. The experience made me feel like I had never felt psychedelics before, even after heavy hallucinations with other usage. At the time, it felt like I had a choice to pick either life or death, and I went 90% death. Which was spectacular, but it only felt like traveling there for a minute or two. I was going to quit using acid, but after the last experience, I think I will instead go for a full blown death :wink:.
I wish I would've done it the first time, but thinking back on it, I was terrified. Confronted with my own existence, I felt like if I gave it up I was gone.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds