Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13
Offlineigwna
The Cap'n
Male

Loc: New England, USA
Re: Red Dead Redmpetion [Re: Olympus Mons]
    #13036746 - 08/11/10 02:03 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

i dont have a card set up with my account :frown:

--------------------
I don't believe in cops, bosses, or politicians. Some call that anarchism. I call it having a fucking heart that beats.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineHeadTripVertigo
at least I'm housebroken
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Red Dead Redmpetion [Re: igwna]
    #13105250 - 08/26/10 01:05 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

http://movies.ign.com/articles/111/1116191p1.html
here's an interesting RDR story. 
well.  it's a RDR story I just found.

--------------------
TACOS LIKE A MOTHERFUCKER

Invisible4runner
 User Gallery

Loc: State of Jefferson
Re: Red Dead Redmpetion [Re: HeadTripVertigo]
    #13136243 - 09/01/10 09:19 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Well good god after all this time I was able to rent it. My local video store got it right away but it was always out.
Damn this is a fun game. Of course I am having fun wathcing waterfalls and hunting. I guess I will be buying this game after all. Right up there with GTA:SA... or better?

Offlinebeatyou
one
 User Gallery

Loc: austin, tx
Re: Red Dead Redmpetion [Re: 4runner]
    #13163976 - 09/08/10 08:09 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

anunnakian said:
Well good god after all this time I was able to rent it. My local video store got it right away but it was always out.
Damn this is a fun game. Of course I am having fun wathcing waterfalls and hunting. I guess I will be buying this game after all. Right up there with GTA:SA... or better?

I think I've spent more time on this game than GTA:SA so far, most of it being mulltiplayer, so maybe it doesn't count. The multiplayer is fuckin fun though

Invisibleshroom360
Freak of Nature
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Sound
Re: Red Dead Redmpetion [Re: beatyou]
    #13165011 - 09/08/10 01:02 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

beatyou said:
Quote:

anunnakian said:

I think I've spent more time on this game than GTA:SA so far, most of it being mulltiplayer, so maybe it doesn't count. The multiplayer is fuckin fun though

IMO this game is better than any GTA.

Offlinewhatever123
Whatever I did, I'm sorry
Male User Gallery

Loc: San Diego, CA
Re: Red Dead Redmpetion [Re: beatyou]
    #13197596 - 09/15/10 01:54 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

beatyou said:
Quote:

anunnakian said:

Absolutely. The multiplayer is just as good if not better than the single player mode.
And yes, it is definitely better than any GTA.

--------------------
Koala Koolio said:
there should be a 3 month waiting period between registration and posting. :wink:

Offlineigwna
The Cap'n
Male

Loc: New England, USA
Re: Red Dead Redmpetion [Re: whatever123]
    #13198581 - 09/15/10 10:26 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

just bought the new add on last night. i was too bloody high on oxies to know what the hell i was doing though. lookin forward to checking it out tonight or tomorrow.

--------------------
I don't believe in cops, bosses, or politicians. Some call that anarchism. I call it having a fucking heart that beats.

Offlinethe bizzle
the joke that no one spoke

Loc: :seriousbusiness:
Re: Red Dead Redmpetion [Re: igwna]
    #13204219 - 09/16/10 12:43 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

RDR is one of the best and coolest games I have ever played

at first I was like meh..another one of these games

then I realized how awesome it is

:billymaythumbup:

--------------------
MY HAIR IS A BIRD 
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID

OfflineToTheSummit
peregrinus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Las Vegas
    #13697135 - 12/28/10 05:27 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I was gonna start a new thread, but I opted to revive this one instead.

A couple days ago, while playing RDR, I had about 15 minutes of some of the best video game chaos I've had in years.  I was riding around in the wilderness in Tall Trees (just south of Nekoti rock) when I saw a pack of wolves chasing a bear around.  I proceeded to dispatch the bear and about 4 of the wolves.  As I started skinning I heard another pack of wolves approaching.  Looked up to again see a bear in the mix also.  Again I killed the bear and a couple wolves.  But as soon as I could skin a couple animals I was attacked by another bear.  I continued killing bears and wolves as fast as I could.  I would only get the chance to skin one or two animals before another one was on top of me.  The bears were spawning 2 at a time, usually about 10 seconds between each bear.  And about every other set of bears had a pack of 4-6 wolves chasing them around.  And I'd only have about 30 seconds each time to work on skinning before the next group arrived.

It was pure chaos trying to skin a couple animals before I was jumped by the next group.  While I was skinning the bears kept getting on top of me before I could react and knocking me down.  I'd take medicine, jump up, switch from my knife (since I'd been skinning) to my buffalo rifle and hope to get a shot off before the next pounding.  Once I turned around to see a bear rearing up on its hind legs about 2 feet away.  I put the muzzle of the buffalo rifle right against his face and let loose.  Then another bear hit me from behind immediately.  It was just craziness and I was laughing out loud and yelling at the bears like a crazy man the whole time.  "YOU'LL HAVE TO DO BETTER THEN THAT, BITCH!".
Good thing no one was home to witness my insanity! :lol:

I've never had animals spawn like that anywhere in the game, especially large and dangerous animals like bears.  It was so much fun I just kept killing and skinning as long as I could before they finally took me out.  Afterward I was kinda bummed when I thought about all the meat/hides/hearts/claws I lost by not having it saved.  I don't know how many animals I had skinned.  Probably close to 20 bears before it was over and I don't know how many wolves.  And the area was covered in bodies ready to skin.  I could've made a fortune if the rapid spawning spree would've stopped!

Anyway, just enjoying this game and wanted to share my crazy bear hunt.  And I thought bumping this thread was more appropriate then starting a new one.

--------------------
You invented the wheel....You push the motherfucker!!

Offlineflangenips
Batshitinsanse
 User Gallery

Loc: aotearoa Flag
Re: Red Dead Redmpetion [Re: ToTheSummit]
    #13702027 - 12/29/10 05:07 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

bought it a few days ago, i'm am very pleased. I usually travel everywhere myself. rather than catch a coach. I like doing random good deeds and picking up stranger missions along the way. Just completed the mission where you defend the train, fricken awesome. Love the setting, love kicking ass at liars dice, made lots of moolah that way. Hunting is fun, and the main missions are awesome.

--------------------
All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher. - Ambrose Bierce

InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

Loc: Radio Free Tibet!
Re: Red Dead Redmpetion [Re: the bizzle]
    #13719699 - 01/02/11 02:37 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah, I just got this game last week, and it has achieved a new level of awesomeness in video games.

The way that nature, itself, is rendered is amazingly good: the change in lighting as day shifts into night (the growing shadows and the changing color of the light); the dust on the dry plains; the behavior of the animals; the way that birds and clouds cast shadows on the land. The first time a thunderstorm broke, on the dry dusty plains, I could actually smell it in the air. Now, that's immersion!

There is also a good balance of main missions, side missions, and challenges, as well. Hunting is one of the best parts of the game; especially when your trying to meet a challenge and level up.

The overall arc of the narrative was satisfying as well (when played all the way through to the credits).

I still need to kill a bear with a knife, but I may just go back and start again to accomplish that. After I play the zombie version, of course... :wink:

As The Mysterious Stranger once said to The Dude, "Sometimes you eat the bar, and sometimes the bar, well, he eats you."

--------------------

Offlineakira_akuma
Φύσις κρύπτεσθαι ὕψιστος φιλεῖ

Loc: Onypeirophóros
Re: Red Dead Redmpetion [Re: Papaver]
    #13733325 - 01/05/11 01:30 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

i can pretty much second that post... but i ain't far at all in the game yet.

my favorite thng about it is that.. a: immersive as fuck with the environment. b: like you said, the narrative is great... and also the story seems to be hauling up some darkness. as some scary shit is happening in the town i am staying at.

and c:

rockstar

OfflineTetriana
Crazy Cat Lady
 User Gallery

Loc: a van down by the river Flag
Re: Red Dead Redmpetion [Re: akira_akuma]
    #13733838 - 01/05/11 05:04 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Ah, I need to finish this game still. Since uni started back up I've been lacking in free time. :thumbdown:

I've gotten as far as Mexico... :facepalm:

--------------------

Offlineakira_akuma
Φύσις κρύπτεσθαι ὕψιστος φιλεῖ

Loc: Onypeirophóros
Re: Red Dead Redmpetion [Re: Tetriana]
    #13735046 - 01/05/11 12:41 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

that shit always happens to me... goddamn it, i wanna finish a fucking game! :scat: i have no patience for long ass-games.

DAMN

OfflineSpore-hunterFacebook
lost and found
Male User Gallery

#25416710 - 08/27/18 12:11 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

TACO?

Offlineentheo_heathen
Unrepentant Heathen
I'm a teapot

Re: Red Dead Redmpetion [Re: Spore-hunter]
    #25426702 - 08/31/18 05:05 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

:pandayourposting:

--------------------
Entheogenic Heathen

I Am Shroomery (And So Can You!)  ~
RogerRabbit    bodhisatta    FrankHorrigan
TranscendingLife    Violet    c10h12n2o

Trade List

@azurefungi

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck