Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineschmutzen
King of the side-pins
 User Gallery

Loc: Miss Kitty's Lounge
Those who don't learn from the past...
    #1372703 - 03/13/03 11:00 AM (21 years, 21 days ago)

...are condemed to repeat it.

"An evil exists that threatens every man, woman, and child of this great nation. We must take steps to ensure our domestic security and protect our homeland."
Adolf Hitler, 1933

--------------------

"Blow up your TV, throw away your paper.  Go to the country, build you a home."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: Those who don't learn from the past... [Re: schmutzen]
    #1373228 - 03/13/03 02:17 PM (21 years, 21 days ago)

Hmmm, sounds like something Saddam would say.

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Loc: innsmouth..MA
    #1373309 - 03/13/03 02:55 PM (21 years, 21 days ago)

Lets see...One possible comparison:

then early 1930s: The US and Nazi Germany are allies (The Elkhorn Manifesto).
now 1979-1988: The US and Saddam Hussein are allies against Iran.

then 1933: The Reichstag Fire.
now 2001: 9/11

then 1938: Czechoslovakia. Schickelgruber bullies Europe into the Munich pact handing him Czechoslovakia or else face the global consequences of unrestricted German unilateral agression.

now 2002-2003: Iraq. The UN is being forced to hand Iraq to the Shrub, with or without a new resolution. If the UN does not approve the invasion pre- or post-facto, then it accepts the global consequences of unrestricted US unilateral agression.

then 1939: Poland. WW II begins, with the allies ill-prepared to take on Nazi Germany.
now 2004(?) Iran. At this point the world can no longer deny the reality of Shrub's fourth Reich. Anti-US alliances form; WW III begins with the world ill-prepared to take on the US Shrubbernaut.

then 1945: WW II ends with the Axis demolished and their leaders executed as war criminals.
now 2030(?) The Fourth Reich meets the same ignominous end as its predecessor.

--------------------

"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

Anonymous

Re: Those who don't learn from the past... [Re: Annapurna1]
    #1373339 - 03/13/03 03:13 PM (21 years, 21 days ago)

-The Reichstag Fire and 9/11 both resulted in death. We have established a clear link! Bush is Hitler's reincarnate!

-No one is forcing the UN to hand Iraq over to "Shrub." The UN refuses to act on its own resolutions, so the US is stepping in and cleaning up their mess. I equate your (and other's) hatred of America with a pothead's hatred of police, "He's enforcing the law which I disagree with. TYRANT!"

-First of all, America is not Germany. Bush can't possibly be setting up a Fourth Reich. Second, just saying that Bush is a Nazi doesn't make it so.

-Your prediction based on something that does not exist.

Your arguments are basless, your logic is nonexistant, and you have no facts or support to back you up (no, tabloid articles oncompletely random subjects do not count as proof).

OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
    #1373368 - 03/13/03 03:24 PM (21 years, 21 days ago)

I liked it.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

OfflineAngry Mycologist
Spontaneouslycombusting

Loc: Galapagos
Re: Those who don't learn from the past... [Re: Anonymous]
    #1373382 - 03/13/03 03:31 PM (21 years, 21 days ago)

Quote:

Hmmm, sounds like something Saddam would say.

I was thinking the exact opposite. Frighteningly, it sounds like what Bush has already said at numerous conferences and State of the Unions.

I also feel that the comparisons between Bush and Hitler are uncanny.

--------------------
The proper penalty of ignorance, which is of course that those who don't know should learn from those who do... - Plato

Edited by Angry Mycologist (03/13/03 03:35 PM)

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Re: Those who don't learn from the past... [Re: Anonymous]
    #1373643 - 03/13/03 05:22 PM (21 years, 21 days ago)

Quote:

-The Reichstag Fire and 9/11 both resulted in death. We have established a clear link! Bush is Hitler's reincarnate!

I was thinking more along the lines that they were both meant to frighten ppl into accepting their perverted agendas.

Quote:

-No one is forcing the UN to hand Iraq over to "Shrub." The UN refuses to act on its own resolutions, so the US is stepping in and cleaning up their mess. I equate your (and other's) hatred of America with a pothead's hatred of police, "He's enforcing the law which I disagree with. TYRANT!"

Thats bullshit. The similarities between the Munich Pact and Shrub's UN strategy is very obvious and i need not explain it further.

Quote:

-First of all, America is not Germany.[1] Bush can't possibly be setting up a Fourth Reich.[2] Second, just saying that Bush is a Nazi doesn't make it so.[3]

1. True.
2. False.
3. True, but he certainly acts like one.

Quote:

-Your prediction based on something that does not exist.

I admit that everything i said beyond Iraq is pure speculation.

Quote:

Your arguments are basless, your logic is nonexistant, and you have no facts or support to back you up (no, tabloid articles oncompletely random subjects do not count as proof).

Please post a link -- any link -- that will back up that claim.

--------------------

"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

Edited by Annapurna1 (03/13/03 05:37 PM)

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #1373897 - 03/13/03 07:13 PM (21 years, 21 days ago)

1099, 2001, 2004, and 2030 are not "now".
Are you always so inaccurate and prone to exaggeration?

Or do you simply have the ability to travel in time?

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Edited by luvdemshrooms (03/13/03 07:14 PM)

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Re: Those who don't learn from the past... [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1374792 - 03/14/03 04:12 AM (21 years, 20 days ago)

Read my post above, fool:

Quote:

I admit that everything i said beyond Iraq is pure speculation.

and BTW, heres a link.

--------------------

Edited by Annapurna1 (03/14/03 04:23 AM)

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#1374979 - 03/14/03 05:11 AM (21 years, 20 days ago)

I'd say the fool is someone who doesn't seem to know the difference between now, then, and the future.

Of course putting stock in the web site you linked to puts you right past fool into the moron category.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #1375047 - 03/14/03 05:32 AM (21 years, 20 days ago)

Hitler was a intelligent, driven organizer. He was a master of marketing.

Bush is just a goof who got into power, and is being puppeted around by his much more capable administration.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Re: Those who don't learn from the past... [Re: Phluck]
    #1375058 - 03/14/03 05:35 AM (21 years, 20 days ago)

...anyways, comparing Bush to Hitler is cheap and underhanded. If you can't come up with enough nasty shit about Bush without resorting to cheap tactics like this then you aren't trying hard enough.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#1375068 - 03/14/03 05:37 AM (21 years, 20 days ago)

Or they're trying too hard.

--------------------

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
    #1375089 - 03/14/03 05:46 AM (21 years, 20 days ago)

Bush is a goof?!?!?!?! Say it ain't so...

I just thought he was a pickle-brained born again fundamentalist fortunate son who never had to make it on his own and always had someone picking up after him... but a goof?

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Re: Those who don't learn from the past... [Re: Evolving]
    #1375113 - 03/14/03 05:56 AM (21 years, 20 days ago)

Sorry, I may have crossed the line there.

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#1375154 - 03/14/03 06:09 AM (21 years, 20 days ago)

Amazingly enough you could easily substitute Gore's name for Bush and the sentence would be just as accurate.

I'd still rather have Bush than Gore.

--------------------

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

#1375165 - 03/14/03 06:13 AM (21 years, 20 days ago)

Quote:

Amazingly enough you could easily substitute Gore's name for Bush and the sentence would be just as accurate.

True
Quote:

I'd still rather have Bush than Gore.

I used to think that Bush was the lesser of two evils. Unfortunately, I think may have made a mistake in that prior assessment (but I will never know for sure).

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#1375169 - 03/14/03 06:15 AM (21 years, 20 days ago)

Quote:

I used to think that Bush was the lesser of two evils.

I'm still sure. It's a rare liberal politician indeed who isn't a complete dumbass crook.

--------------------

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

#1375188 - 03/14/03 06:21 AM (21 years, 20 days ago)

Quote:

It's a rare liberal politician indeed who isn't a complete dumbass crook.

True.

--------------------

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #1375970 - 03/14/03 11:04 AM (21 years, 20 days ago)

Quote:

It's a rare liberal politician indeed who isn't a complete dumbass crook.

The same can be said for conservative politicians.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order