Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAngry Mycologist
Spontaneouslycombusting

Loc: Galapagos
My friend's first casing...
    #1370064 - 03/12/03 03:43 PM (21 years, 21 days ago)

My friend has finally moved into the realm of casing after success with the simplified PF Cake method.  The casing is currently in the fruiting stage and he would like to recieve advice, etc.  The information and pic's are below:

8 BRF Cakes - 2 inch substrate layer
50/50: Verm/Coir/Oyster Shell - 1/2 inch casing layer
Fruiting container - 17 gallon sterilite
Humidity - Stays around 89% to 95% (sometimes higher)
Temperature - 74 - 80 degrees
Air exchange - Fans three times a day, uses bubbler also

My friend noticed a spot located on the casing layer that resembled the early stages of green mold.  It was a very thin layer.  The section was cut out and replaced with moist casing material.  No signs of any type of contamination have been seen since.  Now, pictures:

The casing:

Closer section:

Notice the top right hand corner of this picture, this is where the supposed contaminant was removed and filled:

Sooooooooooo.  My friend would like to know how he is doing and what he could be doing better in order to help his friends along they're journey to maturity.  Any type of response is appreciated  :grin: 

--------------------
The proper penalty of ignorance, which is of course that those who don't know should learn from those who do... - Plato

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineshirley knott
not my real name
 User Gallery
Loc: London
Trusted Cultivator
Re: My friend's first casing... [Re: Angry Mycologist]
    #1370821 - 03/12/03 07:40 PM (21 years, 21 days ago)

Well i think it all looks lovely!

shame about the greenspot - i get that sometimes too. it's almost certainly airborne, and can only be prevented by using exclusively HEPA-filtered air (so I hear). fanning seems to be a no-no, though most of us do it. hopefully you cut a decent margin around the green, and it'll be at least a week before it returns (it always does, though!)

looks like you'll have yourself a nice crop there, angry  :cool:
i predict giggling and swirling scenes before the month is out!  :grin: 

--------------------
buh

InvisibleTxTec
Texas home andheart breaker...

#1370840 - 03/12/03 07:48 PM (21 years, 21 days ago)

Ck out the contam forum cause they have a big post on using salt/bleach combo to get rid of green...was a long post an didnt read into it much. Your grow is looking good and you need to try and save it.

--------------------
I felt a warm warm breeze that melted metal and steele

OfflineSemperUbiSubUbi
some dude

Loc: Colorado
    #1370844 - 03/12/03 07:49 PM (21 years, 21 days ago)

looking good,  Bummer about that mold spot though, welcome to the contam war.
Another day in the trenches. :grin: 

OfflineAngry Mycologist
Spontaneouslycombusting

Loc: Galapagos
Re: My friend's first casing... [Re: shirley knott]
    #1373337 - 03/13/03 03:12 PM (21 years, 20 days ago)

Ugh.  Sad day today.  After a couple of days of my friend noticing completely stalled fruit-body growth, he has once again encountered the green mold.  The mold began at the very top surface layer again and even made it's way to a patch of fruits where it immediately caused them to turn a dark black and rot.  Upon further inspection, he realized that the contamination seemed to reach further into the casing then he thought.  The casing has been disposed of :frown:  This is his first encounter with contamination after two successful grows.

So......if fanning invites green mold in (even after the air has been sprayed with Lysol) how would my friend achieve the correct amount of air-exchange for his casings?  Would the bubbler alone suffice?  He never had such a problem with cakes.... 

--------------------
The proper penalty of ignorance, which is of course that those who don't know should learn from those who do... - Plato

Invisibled1giPhux
Stranger
    #1373362 - 03/13/03 03:22 PM (21 years, 20 days ago)

How can one go about doing a pretty sterile casing?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds