Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleThinkPink
Cheese Farmer
 User Gallery
Mushroom Tabs?????? Could this work?
    #4523274 - 08/11/05 05:48 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Ok, I just thought of an idea.  A few weeks back I flushed about a kilo wet weight, so I ended up with 97g dry shrooms.  So now I have about 20g of the old flush, and I just got a new flush so I need to do something with the left over ones.  And came up with an idea for making mush pills.  Let me know if anyone has done this, or if you think it will work.

1.  First, you have to get you shrooms CRACKER dry.  SO DRY that you will want to dry them for at least 2 days more than usual.
2.  In a HIGH QUALITY coffee grinder, grind the mushies into the finest powder possible.  IT NEEDS TO HAVE THE CONSISTANCY OF TALC POWDER.
3. Next, I use a device that is used to take kief from weed, and compress it to make a low grade form of hash.  It is called a "pollen press".
So you put what ever amount of powder you want into the press, and compress it.  It should then come out as a little compressed shroom tablet.

NOTE:  Since the weight:potency ratio of powder shrooms can vary greatly, it is best to split up the wet weight shrooms into 1 dose batches, then dry them, then gring them.  This way you know for certain how mush effect they will have.
Also, could I use some sort of binding agent (i was thinking honey) in order to hold the tabs together better?
Any thoughts are welcome :smile:

--------------------
I tripped and fell into a revolution

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDieCommie

Re: Mushroom Tabs?????? Could this work? [Re: ThinkPink]
    #4523279 - 08/11/05 05:49 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Why not just capsulize them?

3gm worth of tabs would be alot.

Also since the "weight:potency ratio of powder shrooms can vary greatly" wouldnt it be best to homogenize the entire mixture? Why would this fact make you want to dry them separately? Then you would have some doses be stronger than others.

OfflineBigBallZMaN
Knowledge Quest

Loc: Washington, USA
Re: Mushroom Tabs?????? Could this work? [Re: DieCommie]
    #4523309 - 08/11/05 05:57 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Now, a pill press I dont think would work because what would you use to hold the pills together? I dont think honey would work too well, just make a mess and make inconsistant sized pills/weight and would just be sticky and them if you squeezed them they would splurge everywhere. The other idea of capsulizing them works, but imo is a waste of time. I think if ur gonna do anything, make chocolates, eat them dried and deal with it, or maybe if u are desperate for other methods, make tea, but I would use that as a very last resort and use the wet shrooms.

--------------------
Our body is light, we are immortal.
Our body is love, we are eternal.
Eternal..

Omniscient, omnipotent, omnipresent, without judgment.

InvisibleThinkPink
Cheese Farmer
 User Gallery
Re: Mushroom Tabs?????? Could this work? [Re: DieCommie]
    #4523332 - 08/11/05 06:01 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

>>Why not just capsulize them?
I do capsulize, but compressing should remove more oxygen and posibly make them keep potency longer. Not sure, but it seems to make sense.

>>Also since the "weight:potency ratio of powder shrooms can vary greatly" wouldnt it be best to homogenize the entire mixture? Why would this fact make you want to dry them separately? Then you would have some doses be stronger than others.

You can be much more acurate in weighing them if they are wet, due to the much lower weight:potency ratio. If you use mushrooms from the same flush, and mix big and small caped mushies into each batch, you can be very consistant with the doses. However, this only works for mushies of the same flush, since i would guess 100g wet PE will have much more phycoactive goodies than 100g wet S.Am. But thats just a guess.

--------------------
I tripped and fell into a revolution

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
    #4523491 - 08/11/05 06:43 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

AHA! I have an answer for you!

Use 7up as a binding agent! Agar recently used a 20 ton press to compass a QP of shrooms into a cigerette pack sized brick, and use 7up as a binder..then shrink wrapped it.

Powder doesnt vary though, because you mix it all up at once. Grind all the batches together when you make capsules, then you have a powder thats equal strength and after 1 time, you know the stregt. Capsules are easy, same dose every time. You could easily weigh out .5 -1.5 grams of powder on a scale, then press it, then weigh more powder, then press it, ect. Going through all the work seperating them wouldnt make a difference..any powder lost would be negligable compared to powder youd lose trying to grind .5-1.5 grams at a time, lots of times. also, if you weigh the doses wet, some shrooms contain more water then others, they wont dry to equal DRY dosages, which is whats important.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

OfflineChuangTzu
starvingphysicist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #4525793 - 08/12/05 08:18 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Re: Mushroom Tabs?????? Could this work? [Re: ChuangTzu]
    #4526508 - 08/12/05 01:29 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

i just think this idea should just be avoided, why go to all the bother of making these pills when you can just grind them up and put em in choco or the like. Seems like way to much hassle for something that may not work out in the end.

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

i really am glad you came back to us instead of taking the other path. *hug*

-A_S (RIP your final words to me will never be forgotten)

Don't fuck with the laughing jesus.

Offlinejsin

Loc: Iowa
Re: Mushroom Tabs?????? Could this work? [Re: coda]
    #13729832 - 01/04/11 02:36 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I know this is an old thread but I recently thought about trying to press my next dose of shrooms into a tablet.  I own a keif press so I would not need to purchase anything.

I usually grind them into a fine powder using a Cuisinart mini food processor, then I down it like B.C powder and chase with beverage.  However that taste still gets to me so I thought about pressing the powder into tablet form and swallowing it like a pill.

I don't see why there are so many negative comments on this method.  It seems that the powder would hold the pressed form long enough for me to swallow it.  It shouldn't take more than five minutes or so to press them.

Has anyone tried this personally and if so how did it go?

Offlinegornyhuy
A Myth Intrepidly Met
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
Re: Mushroom Tabs?????? Could this work? [Re: jsin]
    #13729886 - 01/04/11 02:47 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

jsin said:
I know this is an old thread but I recently thought about trying to press my next dose of shrooms into a tablet.  I own a keif press so I would not need to purchase anything.

I usually grind them into a fine powder using a Cuisinart mini food processor, then I down it like B.C powder and chase with beverage.  However that taste still gets to me so I thought about pressing the powder into tablet form and swallowing it like a pill.

I don't see why there are so many negative comments on this method.  It seems that the powder would hold the pressed form long enough for me to swallow it.  It shouldn't take more than five minutes or so to press them.

Yes, I tried EXACTLY this - cracker dry cubensis, ground up in a coffee grinder to a fine powder, pressed in my kief press into tablets.

It works fine, the tablets stay together fine, however there were two problems:
1)The diameter of my kief press is so big that they were the size of vitamin C chewable tablets, which make them very hard to swallow, so I wound up breaking them into smaller tablets.
2)Shroom powder doesn't compress all THAT well, so you wind up having to down quite a few tablets to get a decent sized dose.  Combine that with the problem above and you are swallowing a lot of big tablets or a LOT LOT of smaller tablets.

In the end, I went back to my regular dosing techniques which are:
1)soak in small amount of lemon or cranberry juice and shoot it back
2)chocolates or peanut butter balls
3)just eating them straight
4)Mixed in OJ

--------------------
:mushroom2:Bulk Grow Substrate Calculator Spreadsheet - Download :heartpump: Thread:mushroom2:
*Downloaded over 3,500 times!* Also try the DMT Changa Mix Calculator

Stonesun's Amazing Sclerotia/Stones Guide:mushroom2:Vasodilator List:mushroom2:Niacinamide - reduce trip anxiety

Offlinejsin

Re: Mushroom Tabs?????? Could this work? [Re: gornyhuy]
    #13729988 - 01/04/11 03:11 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

gornyhuy said:
Quote:

jsin said:

Yes, I tried EXACTLY this - cracker dry cubensis, ground up in a coffee grinder to a fine powder, pressed in my kief press into tablets.

It works fine, the tablets stay together fine, however there were two problems:
1)The diameter of my kief press is so big that they were the size of vitamin C chewable tablets, which make them very hard to swallow, so I wound up breaking them into smaller tablets.
2)Shroom powder doesn't compress all THAT well, so you wind up having to down quite a few tablets to get a decent sized dose.  Combine that with the problem above and you are swallowing a lot of big tablets or a LOT LOT of smaller tablets.

In the end, I went back to my regular dosing techniques which are:
1)soak in small amount of lemon or cranberry juice and shoot it back
2)chocolates or peanut butter balls
3)just eating them straight
4)Mixed in OJ

Cool, I'll definitely give it a try than.  Luckily I have a huge esophagus so I should be able to swallow the big tablets no problem.  I like to powder them no matter what because I feel like the body can absorb the shroom much better that way.  That's just my opinion though.

If it's too much of a pain in the ass I'll go back to just dumping the powder down my throat.  It's nasty as hell but I like to get it over with quickly.

OfflineF1234K
Wizard Of Tryptamines
Male

#13730091 - 01/04/11 03:35 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I have ground up mush and capped em, did about 3.5 worth, it was very very intense as it all hit at once and was already in powder form. Very fun but a bit overwhelming at first.

--------------------
Im Not Living, Im Just Killing Time

Offlinegornyhuy
A Myth Intrepidly Met
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
Re: Mushroom Tabs?????? Could this work? [Re: F1234K]
    #13730878 - 01/04/11 05:53 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

F1234K said:
I have ground up mush and capped em, did about 3.5 worth, it was very very intense as it all hit at once and was already in powder form. Very fun but a bit overwhelming at first.

How many capsules did it take to get to 3.5?  And what size capsule?

--------------------
:mushroom2:Bulk Grow Substrate Calculator Spreadsheet - Download :heartpump: Thread:mushroom2:
*Downloaded over 3,500 times!* Also try the DMT Changa Mix Calculator

Stonesun's Amazing Sclerotia/Stones Guide:mushroom2:Vasodilator List:mushroom2:Niacinamide - reduce trip anxiety

Offlinejsin

Re: Mushroom Tabs?????? Could this work? [Re: F1234K]
    #13731091 - 01/04/11 06:30 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

F1234K said:

It certainly can be overwhelming at first.  That's why I don't like to take mine all at once. 

For instance, if I'm planning on taking an 8th,  I'll take 2 grams at first and maybe an hour or two later I'll take the rest.

I don't like the initial come-up to be too intense.  That can potentially lead into a bad trip.

Offlinejsin

#13825824 - 01/21/11 12:29 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

So I ended up trying this method and thought I'd share in case anyone else would like to try.

I took a cracker dry 8th (of aborts:grin:) and ground them into a fine powder and pressed them into tablets using my kief press.  It worked out just like I thought it would.  The come-up was much more gradual than it was when downing the loose powder but it eventually came around full circle and when it did I was TWISTED!

I didn't take them all at once but rather I split the 8th and staggered them about two hours apart.  I'm new to high doses so I wasn't ready to take the whole dose at once.  Best trip I've ever had and I really liked the tablet method because I just don't care for the taste of shrooms.

Trying to upload a pic of the tablets but the file is a JPEG and wont upload and I'm not very computer savvy

Offlinejsin

Here we go: [Re: jsin]
    #13825865 - 01/21/11 12:36 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

http://

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate