Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleWise Toad
 User Gallery

Re: GloveBox/Still Air Box Tek [Re: TranscendingLife]
    #13590612 - 12/06/10 01:36 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Have a good trip:wave:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleTranscendingLife
I Don't Need a Life to Live
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: GloveBox/Still Air Box Tek [Re: Wise Toad]
    #13599727 - 12/08/10 01:47 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

It's a GREAT Trip, I'm in EGYPT!!! :rockon:

--------------------
AMU: We Quickly Answer Questions Here
"One must accept the probability of failure to experience the elation of success." - TranscendingLife
“A man of genius makes no mistakes; his errors are volitional and are the portals of discovery.” - James Joyce
:sporedrop::sporedrop::mushroomgrow::sporedrop::sporedrop::wow:How I Do EVERYTHING:wow::sporedrop::sporedrop::mushroomgrow::sporedrop::sporedrop:
"Your vision will become clear only when you can look into your own heart…. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes."- Carl Jung
"Anything that can be done chemically can be done by other means."- William S. Burroughs
"You are as dead now as you will ever be" - Seth

Offlinekustah
Learner...
Male User Gallery

#13600085 - 12/08/10 06:37 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

i built glowebox from this tek and i use pc fan and 2 layer anti bacterial vacuum cleaner filter . i thought positive pressure helpful for cantam risk.

Invisiblearis
Feline Bovine

Loc: dl
    #13608352 - 12/09/10 04:48 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

u should buy a stuffed domestic cat while you r in egypt

InvisiblePhoenix Crash
Lesbian Seagull
Male

Loc: From Paris With Love
Re: GloveBox / Still Air Box Tek (W/ PIX) [Re: TranscendingLife]
    #13608475 - 12/09/10 05:07 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Sweetest GB tek I've seen yet. 5 Stars my man. :cheers:

--------------------
Why is pot against the law? It wouldn't be because anyone can grow it, and therefore you can't make a profit off it, would it? - Bill Hicks

Phoenix Crash LC Tek
DIY Magnetic Stir Bars Tek

"Not all drugs are good, all right? Some of them… are fuckin' great. Just gotta know your way around them, is all."

InvisibleDAZER
Mythical Creature
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: GloveBox / Still Air Box Tek (W/ PIX) [Re: Phoenix Crash]
    #13623532 - 12/12/10 08:39 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Are tyvek sleeves reusable??

--------------------

OfflineShaggy Shaman
Divine Conduit
Male User Gallery

Loc: United States Flag
Re: GloveBox / Still Air Box Tek (W/ PIX) [Re: DAZER]
    #13623592 - 12/12/10 08:52 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

DAZER said:
Are tyvek sleeves reusable??

Yes. You can also throw them in the washing machine when you want to clean them and then in the dryer.

--------------------
"Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business."
— Tom Robbins

“The true value of a human being can be found in the degree to which he has attained liberation from the self"
-- Albert Einstein

InvisibleDAZER
Mythical Creature
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: GloveBox / Still Air Box Tek (W/ PIX) [Re: Shaggy Shaman]
    #13623600 - 12/12/10 08:55 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Sweet!
thanks SS

--------------------

InvisibleWise Toad
 User Gallery

Re: GloveBox / Still Air Box Tek (W/ PIX) [Re: DAZER]
    #13726750 - 01/03/11 08:03 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Well I finally got around to making one of these. Took a short while to figure out how to use the drill saw, definitely easier to drill in reverse after the initial hole is in place; thanks for the advice:smile:.

The only material I lack is sandpaper. I went ahead and put some RTV silicone around the PVC adapter and plugged that into the main tub. Its drying right now

Love cuetips, they made it so easy to get the bead steadily around the PVC, and again after I pressed the adapter into the tub cutips made it easy to improve the seal

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: GloveBox / Still Air Box Tek (W/ PIX) [Re: Wise Toad]
    #13726816 - 01/03/11 08:16 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

:thumbup: looks good buddy. What's the QT. on that beast.  If I may, I'd say you're arm holes are a little too off kilter, but if you've put your arms in & it works, :rockon:. I put mine a little higher, and kinda "throw" stuff in between my arms while working in the GB; I can reach them, it's just easier to throw than maneuver my arm in a  re:tard:ed position between the two. Also, I stack my foil from on top of the jars on the right side of the GB for reuse.
Is the lid clear?

--------------------
"One must accept the probability of failure to experience the elation of success." - TranscendingLife
“A man of genius makes no mistakes; his errors are volitional and are the portals of discovery.” - James Joyce
:sporedrop::sporedrop::mushroomgrow::sporedrop::sporedrop::wow:How I Do EVERYTHING:wow::sporedrop::sporedrop::mushroomgrow::sporedrop::sporedrop:
"Your vision will become clear only when you can look into your own heart…. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes."- Carl Jung
"Anything that can be done chemically can be done by other means."- William S. Burroughs

InvisibleWise Toad
 User Gallery

#13726987 - 01/03/11 08:55 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Its 71qt. I like the holes the way they are, I tested it out for 60cc needle use and it feels good. Im going to get more tubs soon and make specialized tubs for different uses since your handling for spore print making, GLC, and G2G are probably all different. Can't wait to use this thing. I also still have to go out and get sandpaper for the new ones. don't know if this has already been asked but how long do you usually plug the pvc ports for after you wipe down the inside to let it clean out?

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #13727088 - 01/03/11 09:24 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Print making = equal low holes. Everything else, you're at the same level, basically.  G2G may be slightly less on the height of the right hole (left if you're left-handed.)
I Oust the entire room then the armports w/ the tyvek on them, let settle for 10 minutes or as long as it takes to wash my hands w/ anti-bacterial soap, put on the gloves, get my supplies &, then, Oust the doorway to my myco-room. Then, I "nuke" the tub w/ 70% iso alcohol. I let that sit about 1 minute w/ everything in there, or, as it sits, I wipe everything down w/ 70% iso & put a damp, 2 sheet, iso 70% soaked paper-towel in the GB w/ everything. I always put the soaked towel in the GB, which is why I never put the flame in the SAB/GB

--------------------

InvisibleWise Toad
 User Gallery

#13728675 - 01/04/11 10:19 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Good point, gotta make that spore printing box. Thanks for the cleaning tips. Well I just got done sealing the inside of the SAB with some silicone II

Had a bit of a problem at first as I didn't have a caulk gun for it. I ended up accidentally breaking open the bottom of the tube trying to force some out, from there I just scooped it out with cutips. Almost done. Only problem I may have now is im not sure if I got the right clamps, long story how I got all this equipment suffice it to say I didn't see all the materials till I got them, more of a friends judgement:tongue:

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #13729058 - 01/04/11 11:54 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I did the same thing to a tube of PL375 when I was sealing my GH to my water collection tub under it. O well though. I tore it up then re-sealed it w/ PL400.
You don't really need the clamps if you have Tyvek sleeves that are just sleeves & are, therefore, seal around your arm via rubberbands.  I just did it w/ the clamps so I can, if I want to, take out the Tyvek sleeves & wash them. I'd rather have just Tyvek arms, but I can't find them around here. I'll probably just end up getting some Tyvek suits from work & ordering some arms offline somewhere.
Also, feel free to jump in the AMU chat, in my signature, for questions concerning mycology or if you just want to BS check us out here:

--------------------

Edited by TranscendingLife (01/04/11 02:56 PM)

InvisibleWise Toad
 User Gallery

#13729771 - 01/04/11 02:23 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

All I have is arms I cut off paint suit. I wanted to get some sleeves that have elastic in both sides so they will stay on easy, if these clamps work tho it wont really matter. Thanks for the link

InvisibleWise Toad
 User Gallery

#13737960 - 01/05/11 09:18 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Ok well its all done.

only reason I didn't post this last night was b/c one of the four clamp  tightening device was jammed so I had to do some tinkering until it started spinning :badcomputer:. The only concern I have is getting that hot needle in without touching the tyvek, its gonna take a rolled up sleeve and some fancy hand/eye work, the video game winning kind.

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #13738079 - 01/05/11 09:36 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Those are some MONDO sleeve clamps:aliceshocker:
As for the needle, when I pull out of the sleeve, I try to ravel it up w/ a nice hole on the end.  Then, after flaming the needle, I eye down the hole, put my pointer finger towards the end of the tube and put my hand in. Took once or twice to get it down, now it's a sinch  :awethumb:

--------------------

Offlineunitoo1
Bending Minds

#13739300 - 01/06/11 03:18 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

nice tek

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: GloveBox/Still Air Box Tek [Re: unitoo1]
    #13741079 - 01/06/11 12:54 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

unitoo1 said:
nice tek

:thumbup:TY Buddy

--------------------

InvisibleWise Toad
 User Gallery

#13744888 - 01/06/11 11:11 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

todlow said:
Those are some MONDO sleeve clamps:aliceshocker:
As for the needle, when I pull out of the sleeve, I try to ravel it up w/ a nice hole on the end.  Then, after flaming the needle, I eye down the hole, put my pointer finger towards the end of the tube and put my hand in. Took once or twice to get it down, now it's a sinch  :awethumb:

Yeah I need to get some new clamps next time im at home depo, these ones had to be almost completely tightened to work but they do their job.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Cultivation Supplies