Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Amanita Muscaria Store Amanita Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleenacid
solid funk
amanitas help
    #1368429 - 03/12/03 06:56 AM (21 years, 12 days ago)

i recently got ahold of some amanitas... not too much information about what the trip is like is out there, erowid and lycaeum pretty much give "possible effects" and explain them too sientifically for me to really interperet, ive only tripped on psylocibes once before, and it was an intense experience for me, id like to knpow more about this amanitas shroom before i try, if anyone has done it before let me know what im in for, i wanna be safe so knowledge i seek

thanx

Edited by enacid (03/12/03 06:56 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineArdRi
traveler

Loc: northeast usa
Re: amanitas help [Re: enacid]
    #1369086 - 03/12/03 10:32 AM (21 years, 12 days ago)

Made me dance. Of course i was at a Grateful Dead show at Red Rocks but when i was doing some online research about them i came upon a picture of a Siberian Shaman it was old from like the early part of the century or before he was dancing and as soon as my eyes met that image i felt that profound sense of astonishment a recognition . it was like yes thats it they got me dancing but it was kinf of a frenzied really intense almost like wardance. I remember a fellow dancer asking me if i was alright . It was in the middle of a smoking Samson and Delilah so i was kinda pissed at him for breaking my groove and i just kind of glared at him wonding to myself what the hell he could be talking baout but maybe i looked insane. I heard that the vikings took alot of them before going into battel, which put them into the state they called going Berzerk.Thai was on one half of a cap id say about three inches across. keep asking before you try.

Edited by ArdRi (03/12/03 10:35 AM)

Invisibleenacid
solid funk
Re: amanitas help [Re: ArdRi]
    #1370419 - 03/12/03 05:19 PM (21 years, 12 days ago)

so the way you describe it, sounds less intense? i dunno i dont even think i could stand up and dance when i shroom :smile:

InvisibleRebelSteve33
Amateur Mycologist
Male

Loc: Arizona
    #1371665 - 03/13/03 05:17 AM (21 years, 11 days ago)

Amanitas produce very different effects from Psilocybe mushrooms, as the active chemicals are completely different and work on the brain in different ways.

This is demonstrated by the fact that it is preferable to dry Amanitas using heat before consumption, as this produces more of the active chemical, whereas drying Psilocybes using heat will actually destroy the active chemical!

I have never eaten Amanitas myself, but from what I've read, the effects are similar to drunkeness with some minor hallucinations. I've heard that sounds and colors can become intensified, and synesthesia (blending of the senses) sometimes occurs.

It's very important to make sure you have the right species of Amanita, though! There are many species that will kill you!! Also, if they're not dried and consumed properly, they might do nothing but produce nausea.

Good luck, and be safe, my friend! I love to see people seeking knowledge about a drug before they put it into their body, and I hope something I said here has helped you!

-RebelSteve

--------------------
Namaste.

Anonymous

Re: amanitas help [Re: RebelSteve33]
    #1371677 - 03/13/03 05:25 AM (21 years, 11 days ago)

I've heard they be smoked with effects similar to pot.

Do some research before you try it, though..

Offlinepleasesmokemarijuana
Blackface.

Loc: Ontario
Re: amanitas help [Re: ]
    #1372413 - 03/13/03 09:27 AM (21 years, 11 days ago)

Does ingesting amanita muscaria have many or any serious negative effects??

Invisibleenacid
solid funk
Re: amanitas help [Re: pleasesmokemarijuana]
    #1373163 - 03/13/03 01:51 PM (21 years, 11 days ago)

im positive of the strain i have, "amanitas muscaria (fly agaric)"

im planning to do it with 2 other people each of us will be ingesting 4.5 grams (5g - 10g being a common dose). the information i recieved however that bothers me most is " Individuals can respond differently to the same dosage. What is safe for one can be deadly for another. "

this worries me some, i hope taking just under the regular dose will keep me and my fellow trippers within a safe range even if one of us happens to react strongly to it.

i hope to find more about preparation as it seems its very important to whether or not you take in a potent or weak dose.

another thing that sort of touches on a personal note with me, maybe someone else out there can share this... i have only ingested psylocibe mushrooms once before, and it has been the only hallucenogen i have experienced, and in my experience my minds first reaction to the hallucenations was fear, and at that point i felt my body started to flush out adrenaline. how does that affect the trip? if anyone else has had a massive adrenaline rush on shrooms... what does it do to your trip?

luckily i was only scared for 2 specifics parts of the trip and all else was absolutly beautiful. but i know that when i ingest the amanitas because of what i remmeber about my first experience, my "fear glans" will be ready to fire.

im not worried about a bad trip, i wonder where adreneline fits into the trip and how it affects it.

Offlinepleasesmokemarijuana
Blackface.

Loc: Ontario
    #1373178 - 03/13/03 01:58 PM (21 years, 11 days ago)

If you're afraid of tripping you SHOULDN'T be doing it.

Invisibleenacid
solid funk
    #1373193 - 03/13/03 02:05 PM (21 years, 11 days ago)

im not scared of tripping, i realise i make it sound so, just wanna know what part (if any) adrenaline rushes play into the game

im too inexperienced to really understand and explain it, im sure you guys can understand

when i get a chance to explore psylocibe more, maybe ill be able to put the experience into words better. but for now.. :smile: guess its the best i can say  :grin:

Edited by enacid (03/13/03 02:12 PM)

Offlinethe spiral
Neuroscientist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1373992 - 03/13/03 08:07 PM (21 years, 11 days ago)

Quote:

If you're afraid of tripping you SHOULDN'T be doing it.

i don't think you should trip unless you're afraid of it.
it means you respect it.
wait....you'll know when you're ready. just wait until it's the perfect day.

--------------------

"A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism." - Carl Sagan

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
    #1374045 - 03/13/03 08:44 PM (21 years, 11 days ago)

There information is here:
http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/23629

OfflineSterile
mushroom lover
 User Gallery

Loc: under the Amanita
    #1376303 - 03/14/03 01:13 PM (21 years, 10 days ago)

I have been eating them for the last 4 years.

Please approach with respect.

Shrooms gathered from different places and seasons may vary extremely in potency.

This can be somehow a hardcore trip.

Have someone to take care of you during the whole trip (sitter) . This is a must, Or the trip may become harmfull and/or fatal.

***HAVE A NICE TRIP*** 

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Oh and one more thing: "Be patient and don't under-estimate the power of the king of mushrooms"

--------------------
The Source Of The Force
Is The Power Of The Mind

"if you don't like what you're doing, you can always pick up your needle and move to another groove." - timothy leary"
Anno: "-I can do anything with those clouds!"
Annos Tek

Edited by Sterile (03/14/03 01:20 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Amanita Muscaria Store Amanita Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains