Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSirLurksalot
Strangler

How to get high without drugs (guide)
    #13723593 - 01/03/11 06:42 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I don't expect many people to believe me but maybe some of you will try this and see or maybe it will even help someone who has been using to many drugs...

You can get just as high (if not higher) from meditation.

Now don't go and think you are going to need years with monks.  Not at all.  I taught myself to do this and was having results with in 10 minutes.  You do get better at it with practice and can get to higher states though.

This is essentially a hedonistic way of meditation.  If you have already used drugs before then its even easier as you already have the "program" to run to get into the state of mind you desire.

Start out clearing the mind and try to remain focused.

Imagine yourself at a time when you most felt at your highest.  For me it was in a rave on MDMA listening to a particular song.  Imagine yourself to be there, hear the music, feel the glow you felt and allow it to flood through you.

Usually at this point - Mr. Disbelief comes in and says "yeah but your not there" ignore him.  keep doing it and keep practising until its natural to ignore your disbelief and create your own world with your imagination.

You can feel it, hear the music, it can be more real than now with practice.

The best explaination I can give for how this works is that when you dream you accept that as real and it becomes real.  Belief makes up our world.  The suspending of belief is what allows us to fully enjoy a movie or TV show and it can allow you take control of your mind and let your imagination feed your reality until becomes real.

I think we all had this ability as children, when we played etc but as we grew old we kind of forget and lose it in place of this "reality tunnel" that we do not allow for such things.

Hope this made sense and opened someones mind to the possibilities we tend to forget.  :cool:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGEncore
Authentic
Male

Loc: Buenos Aires Flag
Re: How to get high without drugs (guide) [Re: SirLurksalot]
    #13723673 - 01/03/11 07:24 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I've meditated before, and yeah sure you can really relax or something like that, but I doubt it would be the same as being high, let alone tripping. At least not within 10 minutes of your first meditation.

Offlinethecazz723
Pharmacologist

#13723722 - 01/03/11 07:49 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I've tried meditation before.  And not half-assed, but I really gave it a good try.  30 minutes a day most days.

It was relaxing but I didn't get anything else out of it.  Was I not doing it enough?  I certainly didn't have any euphoria from it ;(

OfflineSirLurksalot
Strangler

Re: How to get high without drugs (guide) [Re: thecazz723]
    #13723783 - 01/03/11 08:25 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Were you meditating on creating the desired feeling and suspending your disbelief as I stated?

OfflineSirLurksalot
Strangler

Re: How to get high without drugs (guide) [Re: GEncore]
    #13723791 - 01/03/11 08:28 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

GEncore said:
I've meditated before, and yeah sure you can really relax or something like that.

Ok well, no more replies about that please they will clutter the thread.  If thats your opinion and you not willing try my method then what else can I say?

I'm interested in furthering this concept not debunking it please.  I mean really people should know that it can work.  Look at the placebo effect or dreams for a perfect and scientific example of it working in real life.

Quote:

I don't expect many people to believe me

OfflineGEncore
Authentic
Male

Loc: Buenos Aires Flag
    #13723809 - 01/03/11 08:33 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I don't understand your method though. You didn't specify any method of meditation, you just said to meditate and focus on the music and stuff. That's what I do all the time.

OK, I guess I'll have to try to focus on the feeling I want to achieve. Doubt it will happen in 10 minutes. I'll get back to you, though.

Not saying I don't believe you, btw.

Edited by GEncore (01/03/11 08:34 AM)

InvisibleBlend
afferent orchestra
 User Gallery

#13723895 - 01/03/11 09:05 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Sorry, I haven't tried every meditation in the book or anything, but I'm going to have to flat out disagree with you.  If I've ever felt Anything while meditating, it was a sense of relaxation and maybe some subtle (something) else.
Psilocybin, on the other hand, has showed me the very limits of experience, decrypted the language of the brain to itself, had me convinced that the entire universe was in a state of evolution simultaneously and Because Of the high dose I took.  It has had me at my knees begging for it to end.

No, meditation hasn't come close to taking me to That place.  And I am skeptical it has that potential in and of itself.

OfflineSirLurksalot
Strangler

Re: How to get high without drugs (guide) [Re: Blend]
    #13723983 - 01/03/11 09:30 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

The Buddhists describe experience like that but that comes from years of meditation.  I'm talking about recreating a simple euphoria like MDMA not an enlightenment experience or ego death.  Things like that take much longer to achieve through meditation.

OfflineSirLurksalot
Strangler

#13723994 - 01/03/11 09:34 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

SirLurksalot said:
Were you meditating on creating the desired feeling and suspending your disbelief as I stated?

Your skepticism is the very disbelief that I'm talking about suspending.  That is key - without learning or trying to control that aspect then this won't work.

I personally got it in 10 minutes maybe others will take longer, I dunno - I'm not you.  Although at present I don't believe I've successfully communicated the concept to you, else your reply would not have been about skepticism.

OfflineNGC6705
In A Constant State of Becoming
 User Gallery

Loc: RA 18:53:44 DEC -06:28:42
    #13724015 - 01/03/11 09:40 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Thank you for a most interesting discussion.

I've meditated for 15+ years.  While I don't consider myself an expert, I do feel as though I've gone about as far as I can without some help.  I think that most people are like this.  I get into a state in my meditations (which is usually some form of TM) where I hit some kind of wall or ledge.  If I proceed, "something" always pulls me back (I now recognize that this "something" is my ego/mind doing it's job).  My whole body jerks and I'm pretty much back at the beginning again.  Frustrating.

With just a little help, the wall/ledge either vanishes entirely or going over that wall/ledge is as easy as breathing.  I see nothing wrong with getting a little help.  In fact, my sense is that once the path is cleared out a little more, my "straight" meditations (without any help) are much more satisfying.

I imagine my meditations like entering a dense jungle.  Yes, I can certainly get from point A to point B on my own, but it's very difficult.  So I take my handy machete and whack away at the vines and leaves, clearing a path.  And once the path has been made, it's much easier to make that trek the next time.

So-called "drugs" are just tools -- like the machete.  They help me clear the way.  Some people don't need any additional tools and I'm glad they don't.  But I think that's pretty unusual.

Peace to All.

--------------------
All Rights Reserved

I TAKE DRUGS SERIOUSLY   
    CULTURE IS NOT YOUR FRIEND   
    MATERIALISM IS A FAITH POSITION   

"Once you find psychedelics, you're not looking for the
accelerator anymore -- you're looking for the brakes" -- Terence McKenna

Offlinetriptogod
Journeyman

Loc: America's Penis AKA FLA
Re: How to get high without drugs (guide) [Re: NGC6705]
    #13724158 - 01/03/11 10:18 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

After years of meditation I can achieve a very intense level of focus and clarity of mind but not in the same direction as when I trip.  When I trip doors are opened to me that are unlike anything I experience through even the most intense state of TM sober.

--------------------

“There are children playing in the streets who could solve some of my top problems in physics, because they have modes of sensory perception that I lost long ago.”
-J. Robert Oppenheimer

Tell a man there are 300 billion stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

InvisibleHarley.Hammerhead
Informed Passenger.
Male User Gallery

Loc: The cold north. Flag
Re: How to get high without drugs (guide) [Re: GEncore]
    #13724403 - 01/03/11 11:29 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

GEncore said:
I've meditated before, and yeah sure you can really relax or something like that, but I doubt it would be the same as being high, let alone tripping. At least not within 10 minutes of your first meditation.

i meditate everyday, for at least an hour. sometimes when i slip into a "tance state" i can be gone for HOURS but to me it only feels like minutes. alot of the same mental states i have been able to achieve on DMT, i have also been able to reach most of those states through meditation.

Scientificly, when you sleep your penal gland releases DMT and other triptomines into your body, this is what causes "dreaming". you mearly must achieve a dream state, through meditation.

Quote:

triptogod said:
After years of meditation I can achieve a very intense level of focus and clarity of mind but not in the same direction as when I trip.  When I trip doors are opened to me that are unlike anything I experience through even the most intense state of TM sober.

meditate for longer, and let your body slip away. dont try and hold onto it, just let it slip away.........

--------------------

Edited by Harley.Hammerhead (01/03/11 11:30 AM)

Offlineeyes in the sky
Male
Loc: England
Re: How to get high without drugs (guide) [Re: triptogod]
    #13724487 - 01/03/11 11:49 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I think I get what the OP is getting at here.

He's not so much meaning meditation, more of reliving a memory and allowing it to bleed through into you're current state.

For instance if you "re-live" a sad time while happy, you will start to feel sad and visa-versa.

I think the same came be said of states induced by drugs. Especially psychedelics.
If you recall how you feel when tripping, remember the body high, the euphoria. If does carry through into your current sober state.

I do this all the time when preparing myself for a trip, and each time I do I can feel the energy rush through my body like it does with mushrooms. I feel the euphoria. I actually feel like I'm tripping but with a sober mind.

--------------------
Control Is An Illusion,
Order A Comforting Lie,
From Chaos, Through Chaos,
Into Chaos We Fly

InvisibleHiei
8======><=====8
Male User Gallery

Re: How to get high without drugs (guide) [Re: eyes in the sky]
    #13724728 - 01/03/11 12:48 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

yeah it's like conscious day-dreaming?

whats TM btw?

--------------------
◄►۞◄►

Edited by Hiei (01/03/11 12:48 PM)

OfflineMCSteveyC
lib lover
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: How to get high without drugs (guide) [Re: Hiei]
    #13725628 - 01/03/11 04:21 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

What a load of bollocks!

OfflineSirLurksalot
Strangler

Re: How to get high without drugs (guide) [Re: MCSteveyC]
    #13725724 - 01/03/11 04:42 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Whatan awesome contribution to the discussion.  You sir are a clever one.  :suicide:

Offlinea2theDawG

Loc: 2 Da Brain
    #13725750 - 01/03/11 04:48 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

why would i do that if i can get high off real drugs

OfflineDiaboleros
Devil's spawn

#13725755 - 01/03/11 04:48 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Hahaha Mr. Disbelief!! I'm also into meditation, and the concept of Mr. Disbelief to get rid of my annoying thoughts is brilliant :thumbup:

Quote:

a2theDawG said:
why would i do that if i can get high off real drugs

Real drugs only trigger natural highs. They only bind to receptors which are already naturally there, releasing chemicals, which are laready naturally released under certain conditions. Through meditation, you can gain control of this process yourself. But drugs make it easier to remember your childhood highs. The mind can be in many states. Drugs can induce a state, but meditation can also induce that same state. Proof? Flashbacks.

Invisibledrr
Female
Re: How to get high without drugs (guide) [Re: Diaboleros]
    #13725766 - 01/03/11 04:50 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Meditation is great, it can be very powerful. But I don't think it could ever be a match for a strong psychedelic experience. Maybe I'm just not experienced with meditation enough though.

:shrug: I meditate most often when I'm already high on psychedelics :smile: It is a great way to reduce anxiety

Offlinelaserluke
Curious Psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: NYC Flag
Re: How to get high without drugs (guide) [Re: drr]
    #13725781 - 01/03/11 04:54 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Meditation is absolutely awesome and can help sort out a lot of negativity in the brain. A must for me before tripping :smile:

But can you get "high" from it? Ehh... I really don't think so. You may come out of meditating feeling as if your mind is cleared, but that's about it. Sometimes when I get within a very very deep meditative state, it is extremely relaxing, and I feel as if I go beyond my mind, maybe that is what you are referring to. Almost a trance if you will.

--------------------

"If God dropped acid, would He see people?"- Steven Wright

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order