Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineLiquidSmoke
My title's cooler than yours DBK

Loc: S.A.G.G.Y.B.A.L.L.S.
Show me your NFL Playoff Picks
    #13722586 - 01/02/11 10:47 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

AFC Wild Card:

Colts over Jets,  As good as the Jet's D is, I think Colts, at home, can pull out the win.  But this is the hardest matchup to call in this round for me.

Ravens over Chiefs,  Just feel like the Ravens are too solid of a team with too much playoff experience.

NFC Wild Card:

Saints over Seahawks, easy pick.

Eagles over Packers,  another tough one to pick.  Both teams are pretty well rounded.  Depends how Packer's D shows up, they're one of the best.

AFC Divisional:

Steelers over Colts,  but again another pick I dont have much confidence in.  The Steelers are going to have alot of key starters healthy with the bye week, and I think this could be the deciding factor. 

Patriots over Ravens,  Despite being in a similar situation last year, the Pats really do seem alot better this year, especially on defense.  Last year's win for Baltimore was really a huge upset, and I dont see it happening twice in a row.

NFC Divisional:

Saints over Falcons.  If you look at the two previous games they played, it really boiled down to one main factor.  The Saint's ability to defend the run.  Even in a game when the Falcons dominated with time of possession, New Orleans hung in there not only by points, but also still had a very high 3rd down conversion rate.  The problem was that they couldn't get their defense off the field. 

Eagles over Bears.  The Bears were pretty fortunate with the turnovers and misques the Eagles committed in their first meet.  I dont see it happening again like that this time.

AFC Championships:

Pats over Steelers.  Brady just plain owns Pittsburgh every time he plays them.  He understands the weaknesses in Lebeau's defense.

NFC Championships:

Saints over Eagles.  If the Saints D kicks in like it did towards the end of last season, they can more likely contain the Eagle's offense, which has been shut down several times this season to good defenses.  I also feel like the Saints are still incredibly well rounded, and the seeds dont mean shit when out of their 5 losses, 1 was a garbage week, and 2 were within 1 possession against top tier teams.

Super Bowl:

Patriots over Saints.  But again, you know I'll be rooting for the Saints to win.  I just think the Patriots are sort of positioned to make a run for it again.  The defense is playing at a much higher level than previous years.  And Tom Brady is pretty much the best QB in the league right now.

I hate the Patriots more than any other team, and have hated them for years.  But you can't deny just how good this team is, and just how well they generally do in high pressure games.

Having said all that, gonna love the playoffs this year, lots of intriguing NFC matchups especially.  GO STEELERS!!!!

--------------------
"Shmokin' weed, Shmokin' wizz, doin' coke, drinkin' beers.  Drinkin' beers beers beers, rollin' fatties, smokin' blunts.  Who smokes tha blunts?  We smoke the blunts" - Jay and Silent Bob strike Back

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleKillerPicklez
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
Re: Show me your NFL Playoff Picks [Re: LiquidSmoke]
    #13723200 - 01/03/11 01:36 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Are those all the matches? set in stone?

Sorry, I have been moving the past week and havent had a chance to read anything about football

edit- Just saw that the Cowboys beat the 2nd string Eagles :woot:

I really hope they dont give Garrett the job. I want Cowher, Gruden, or Harbaugh (unless he goes to Michigan to coach). If we cant get any of them. Then maybe give Garrett a look. I think he is overrated as a play caller. Although he didnt get to be head coach until Romo's season was over.

Who knows. Dez Bryant is a beast. That much I do know. 1st round pick well spent. Next year improve that O-line and sign a FA DB and we should be solid.

OfflineLiquidSmoke

Re: Show me your NFL Playoff Picks [Re: KillerPicklez]
    #13723416 - 01/03/11 04:00 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah the bracket is set.  NFL Playoffs are always a blast.

I dont think Cowher will end up in Dallas.  He's still too pissed about 1996 :wink:

I think they'll stick with Garret tbh.  But who knows.

Jerry Jones should lobby to have his team moved to the NFC West.  Then they'd make the playoffs every year.  ;P

--------------------
"Shmokin' weed, Shmokin' wizz, doin' coke, drinkin' beers.  Drinkin' beers beers beers, rollin' fatties, smokin' blunts.  Who smokes tha blunts?  We smoke the blunts" - Jay and Silent Bob strike Back

InvisibleKillerPicklez
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #13723451 - 01/03/11 04:47 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

AFC Wildcards:
Colts vs. Jets- Over the past decade I have learned that at home, always pick the Colts. Colts win.

Ravens vs. Chiefs- Upset city right here. I think the Chiefs have been overlooked all year. I dont think Baltimore's D is as good as their reputation any more. and imo they will have a hard time slowing down Charles, Thomas, and Bowe. Should be a good game to watch

NFC Wildcards:
Saints vs Seahawks- Saints win easily

Eagles vs. Packers- Got to go with the Packers. Michael Vick had a great regular season. But he lacks playoff experience and is playing against a better than average defense. The Packers know how to score points, I think GB knocks out Andy Reid before the opening round.

AFC Divisional:
Steelers vs. Colts- Pittsburgh is too well balanced to lose this game I think. Peyton for once hasnt looked unstoppable and Pitt rocks a solid running game, good WR's, and that always nasty defense. They might be the most balanced team in the NFL. They win at home.

Patriots vs. Chiefs- Easy. Pats.

NFC Divisional:
Saints vs. Falcons- As much as I hate them. I got to take the Saints. They know how to win. They are getting healthy and ive always thought ATL was a little overrated.

Packers vs. Bears- Packers win. Aaron Rodgers is surgical and has plenty of weapons.

AFC Championship:
Steelers vs. Patriots- As much as it stings me and I hope I am wrong. I pick NE to win

NFC Championship:
Saints vs. Packers- Packers continue to roll

SUPERBOWL:
Patriots vs. Packers- Packers win it all. I know it's a long shot but that's how I see it going down.

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Show me your NFL Playoff Picks [Re: KillerPicklez]
    #13723462 - 01/03/11 05:05 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

FC Wildcards:
Colts over Jets

Ravens over Chiefs

NFC Wildcards:
Saints over Seahawks

Packers over Eagles

AFC Divisional:
Steelers over Colts

Patriots over Ravens

NFC Divisional:
Falcons over Saints

Packers over Bears

AFC Championship:
Pats over Steelers

NFC Championship:
Falcons over Packers

SUPERBOWL:
Patriots over Falcons

InvisibleSenor_Doobie
Snake Pit Champion
 User Gallery

Loc: Trump Train
Re: Show me your NFL Playoff Picks [Re: Redstorm]
    #13723993 - 01/03/11 09:33 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Well, this is where it gets fun.  Welcome back to the fray LS.  Missed you all year.

Now it's "The Tournament".  NFL Season Part 2.  Everybody's 0-0.  One loss and you're done.  Level of competition is at its highest.  Good teams will be seperated from champions.

I'll have my picks for Wildcard weekend before the end of the week.  I'll be taking it one week at a time.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: Show me your NFL Playoff Picks [Re: Senor_Doobie]
    #13724312 - 01/03/11 10:59 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Jets
Ravens
Saints
Eagles

Steelers
Pats
Saints
Bears

Pats
Saints

Pats

Somebody on the radio, I think it was Carl Banks, pointed out that when the Pats were undefeated in 2007 they looked like they were getting more vulnerable as the season went along.  This Pats team looks like it is getting more invincible as the season goes along.

--------------------

InvisibleSenor_Doobie
Snake Pit Champion
 User Gallery

Re: Show me your NFL Playoff Picks [Re: zappaisgod]
    #13724417 - 01/03/11 11:31 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I don't really remember it that way.  That 16-0 year the Patriots were blowing everyone out by the end of the year with the exception of the Giants in Week 17.

Well, now I've looked it up:

1 New York Jets W 38-14 1-0 Giants Stadium
2 San Diego Chargers W 38-14 2-0 Gillette Stadium
3 Buffalo Bills W 38-7 3-0 Gillette Stadium
4 Cincinnati Bengals W 34-13 4-0 Paul Brown Stadium
5 Cleveland Browns W 34-17 5-0 Gillette Stadium
6 Dallas Cowboys W 48-27 6-0 Texas Stadium
7 Miami Dolphins W 49-28 7-0 Dolphin Stadium
8 Washington Redskins W 52-7 8-0 Gillette Stadium
9 Indianapolis Colts W 24-20 9-0 RCA Dome
10 Bye
11 Buffalo Bills W 56-10 10-0 Ralph Wilson Stadium
12 Philadelphia Eagles W 31-28 11-0 Gillette Stadium
13 Baltimore Ravens W 27-24 12-0 M&T Bank Stadium
14 Pittsburgh Steelers W 34-13 13-0 Gillette Stadium
15 New York Jets W 20-10 14-0 Gillette Stadium
16 Miami Dolphins W 28-7 15-0 Gillette Stadium
17 New York Giants W 38-35 16-0 Giants Stadium

--------------------

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

InvisibleSenor_Doobie
Snake Pit Champion
 User Gallery

#13724465 - 01/03/11 11:43 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

as opposed to this year..

1 CIN 24 @ NE 38       
2 NE 14 @ NYJ 28
3 BUF 30 @ NE 38
4 NE 41 @ MIA 14
5 Bye
6 BAL 20 @ NE 23
7 NE 23 @ SD 20
8 MIN 18 @ NE 28
9 NE 14 @ CLE 34
10 NE 39 @ PIT 26
11 IND 28 @ NE 31
12 NE 45 @ DET 24
13 NYJ 3 @ NE 45
14 NE 36 @ CHI 7
15 GB 27 @ NE 31
16  NE 34 @ BUF 3
17 MIA 7 @ NE 38

They've looked a lot more vulnerable in spots, obviously having lost 2 games and winning a few in OT, but I wouldn't say there is a solid trend toward invulnerability. 

--------------------

Edited by Senor_Doobie (01/03/11 11:46 AM)

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#13725424 - 01/03/11 03:35 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Look at the last 6 games of each year.  In 2007 they had 3 close games, maybe 4.  This year they had 1.  And they have demolished everybody else.

Margin of victory in the last 6 games of each season:
2007; 3,3,21,10,21,3
2010; 21,42,29,4,31,31
3 of those 6 in 2010 are playoff teams.

--------------------

InvisibleSenor_Doobie
Snake Pit Champion
 User Gallery

#13725641 - 01/03/11 04:25 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

It depends on how you look at it.  It's really hard to compare the two years since this year they had 7 games that finished with either them losing or winning by single point margins and in '07 they had 4.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#13726073 - 01/03/11 05:46 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

The point was about how they finished.  I thought I was clear.

--------------------

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery
    #13726090 - 01/03/11 05:49 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

my picks are the same as LS's. it is amazing we agree on something....

some of you are overlooking the seeding chart though. if you pick the packers to beat the eagles, then it will be packers vs falcunts and saints vs bears.

i think the eagles can do it. the packers secondary is probably the best in the NFL, but it works that way against every offense except one that has Vick. Vick is dangerous with the long ball and the short run and the only real way to keep them from getting a 1st down every 2 downs is to blitz the shit out of them apparently and I think after week 16 they worked on that a good bit.
I wouldnt be surprised if GB wins, just pissed that the saints have to play in the cold weather.

i think if any team can put the pats away it is the saints or eagles...

NFC championship - philly saints. i have been calling that almost all year.

AFC i always ignore a little bit. with my saints fervor and a baltimore stacked fantasy team i cant say i have even seen a KC game this year. so i dont know how to call that one, but I think they will lose if i was forced to pick.

saints pats superbowl. saints win by 93 points.

OfflineLiquidSmoke

#13727382 - 01/03/11 10:58 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

copy cat

j/k.

Bottom line is, I hate the fucking Pats.  Hate them hate them hate them.

But they're clearly the best team in the NFL.  And they're the best playoff team in the league.

They have the best, clutchest QB in the league.  They have the best coaching staff.  The best Nose Tackle.  The league leading tackler on defense.  And one of the best secondaries.

--------------------

InvisibleSenor_Doobie
Snake Pit Champion
 User Gallery

#13728182 - 01/04/11 07:30 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

You were clear with what you are trying to state but you pick an arbitrary number and call it a finish.  Coincidentally the number you pick makes your point look clear-cut, when a different arbitrary number makes it not so poignent. 

You say "look at the last 6 games", with 6 being the arbitrary number.

In 2007, there is only one close game in the last 6.  In 2010, there are 3.

But what if the arbitrary number becomes 4? 

Then you have 1 close game in 2007 and one close game in 2010.

If the arbitrary number becomes 7?

You have 2 close games in 2007 and one close game in 2010.

And if you make it 8 its 3 close games in 2007 and 2 close games in 2010.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#13728524 - 01/04/11 09:35 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Doobie, you said this;
Quote:

That 16-0 year the Patriots were blowing everyone out by the end of the year with the exception of the Giants in Week 17.

But they weren't.  Take the last 8 games, if you don't like 6.  In 2007:
9 Indianapolis Colts W 24-20 Close
10 Bye
11 Buffalo Bills W 56-10 Blowout
12 Philadelphia Eagles W 31-28 Close
13 Baltimore Ravens W 27-24 Close
14 Pittsburgh Steelers W 34-13 Blowout
15 New York Jets W 20-10 Neither
16 Miami Dolphins W 28-7 Blowout
17 New York Giants W 38-35 Close

Out of 8 games there were 4 close, 3 blowouts and one neither

In 2010:

10 NE 39 @ PIT 26  I'm gonna call this a blowouthttp://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/recap?gid=20101114023
11 IND 28 @ NE 31 Close
12 NE 45 @ DET 24 Blowout
13 NYJ 3 @ NE 45 Blowout
14 NE 36 @ CHI 7 Blowout
15 GB 27 @ NE 31 Close
16  NE 34 @ BUF 3 Blowout
17 MIA 7 @ NE 38 Blowout

6 blowouts and 2 close. Included in the blowouts were road wins at 2 playoff teams

--------------------

InvisibleBretdaniel
Heavy Vibes

#13728529 - 01/04/11 09:36 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I dunno about the Saints and Seahawks, you can't really judge a team by their record, remember the 2008 Arizonia Cardinals if the Steelers didn't get two key plays done in that game the Cardinals would have been the Superbowl Champions. I think the Saints are a bit overblown and bandwagoned hard. It should be a close game.

InvisibleSociety
Mmmm... pizza
 User Gallery

Re: Show me your NFL Playoff Picks [Re: Bretdaniel]
    #13728717 - 01/04/11 10:34 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

NYJ over IND
BAL over KC
NO over SEA
PHI over GB

It sucks that the Patriots already won the super bowl. :frown:  I look forward to the 2011 season already.

--------------------
Delicious Pizza

OfflineLiquidSmoke

Re: Show me your NFL Playoff Picks [Re: Bretdaniel]
    #13730173 - 01/04/11 03:52 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Bretdaniel said:
I dunno about the Saints and Seahawks, you can't really judge a team by their record, remember the 2008 Arizonia Cardinals if the Steelers didn't get two key plays done in that game the Cardinals would have been the Superbowl Champions.

Stating one exception as an example for another exception, doesn't mean it's common.

Quote:

I think the Saints are a bit overblown and bandwagoned hard.

So true.  Especially when every single Saints fan wears the jersey of the starting QB.

--------------------

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery
    #13730324 - 01/04/11 04:23 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

the onyl saints shwag i own is a saints beanie and an aaron brooks jersey ( was given to me).
i wear the beanie on occasions.

I have noticed a lot more supposed saints fans this year. where 2 years ago, living in nashville it was like me and one other guy holding down the cheering for saints in the sports bar, now it seems there are 15 people every time.
every superbowl winner is going to have douchebag bandwagoners who wear the jersey but couldnt name more than 4 people on the team.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds