Home | Community | Message Board

Myco Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinehollowheart
Stranger
the emotions ?
    #1371312 - 03/13/03 04:41 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Hi everyone. I'm new here, and I have shroom related question.

First of all, I'd just like to say, I have yet to try shrooms. I've done other drugs, but for some reason (unreliable people) I haven't gotten around to the shrooms yet.

Anyways, Last November, I sort of experianced an emotional shut down. It happened after a lot of torturous mental anguish, couple of weeks of drinking to forget, and some strange weed. BTW, I've been a generally sensitive person throughout my life, so all of this no-emotions-whatsoever just like that is kind of harsh. So I was on numerous shroom sites, and all said that when you take shrooms, you become more intune with your emotions. So A) is this true? B) has anyone ever experianced something similar and C) will shrooms help my case?

Thanks

-Hollowheart

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Anonymous

Re: the emotions ? [Re: hollowheart]
    #1371318 - 03/13/03 04:47 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Shrooms will intensify your mindset x100. Be sure you aren't depressed or going through lots of life problems when you take them. You might want to read some of the 'Bad trips' on www.erowid.org for a good explanation of just what can happen when you go into a trip without proper mindset.

Anonymous

Re: the emotions ? [Re: Organic]
    #1371328 - 03/13/03 04:52 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Bah.

Dont work yourself up. Just let the experience happen. Dont worry about bad trips or good trips or have any expectations.

A psychedelic experience will show you parts of yourself you did not know existed. It can force you to resolve your emotional issues, if they need resolving.

Dont resist.

You'll be so glad you didn't. Many people value difficult/bad trips as much as their most enjoyable.

Anonymous

#1371330 - 03/13/03 04:52 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

A) Yes, its good to be intune with your emotions before a mushroom trip. Mushrooms don't obey the silly things your mind tells you, they are quite honest, whether that leads to pain or happiness, only you will know.

C) Shrooms can be used for spiritual growth or to have a good time, what do you want out of your experience? I would discourage trying to solve problems in your life for your first shroom trip. You will be experiencing something beyond anything you've ever imagined and its best to just "go with the flow" your first couple times, till you have a good idea about what it's like.

On a side note... if you want to have a good first trip, just think positively on the experience and don't fight anything, everything will be alright! Happy tripping =)

InvisibleRebelSteve33
Amateur Mycologist
Male

Loc: Arizona
    #1371632 - 03/13/03 07:08 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

For me, shrooms are a very emotional drug. Each time I've done them, it felt like my emotions were surging through me like electrical waves of energy. It was so intense and amazing!

Also, I think I have cried at some point during every mushroom trip that I've taken, and I am not normally prone to tears! They were good tears, too; ones that needed to be shed. Each trip I've taken has been like a spiritual and emotional cleansing or catharsis. It's a hard thing to put into words, but you will understand once you eat mushrooms yourself!

Just remember that emotions work two ways. There are "good" ones and there are "bad" ones. It is of utmost importance to be in a good emotional state prior to eating the mushrooms, and to remain in that good emotional state throughout the trip. It can be difficult, but positive attitude and faith in your own mental strength is all it takes.

Good luck in your journeys!

-RebelSteve

--------------------
Namaste.

Offlinehollowheart
Stranger
Re: the emotions ? [Re: RebelSteve33]
    #1372287 - 03/13/03 10:55 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks a lot guys.
I'll let you know about the results!

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1372422 - 03/13/03 11:29 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

You'll be in touch with your emotions while ON the shrooms, but its up to you to take the effects of the mushroom and use them to your sober advantage - it doesn't happen automatically.

Good luck, man!! :smile: Don't forget to let us know how things go - no rush :smile:

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Edited by Strumpling (03/13/03 11:30 AM)

OfflineFliquid
Back from being gone.
Male User Gallery

Loc: omotive
    #1374286 - 03/14/03 01:32 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

b)

So if i understand you correct, you are saying that you lost emotions do to large amounts of weed smoking?
I have the same problem, it will never return to normal i think. Its been over 6 years for me now. I can remember how it used to feel to have direct emotions. Now it feels like everything is filtered. And emotions just don't come. Its not your fault it will get less senseless. Doing shrooms is a good choice. You will have intense emotional bliss. Don't get hooked, try to get you emotions back the hard and good way. Not by constantly using drugs. I also suggest you decrease you weed smoking amounts to twice a week or less. Since it will only decrease emotions more and more.

I hope you read this, because i believe you are talking about this.

--------------------
:dancing: My latest music! :yesnod:

Offlinelockhart53
BEAST
Male

Loc: CA
    #10895142 - 08/20/09 04:26 AM (7 years, 8 months ago)

SHROOMS IS ALWAYS A PERSONAL THING, WHEN I TRIED IT I WAS VERY IN TUNE WITH MY MIND AND EMOTIONS, I WAS GOING THROUGH A ROUGH TIME AND TOOK THEM FOR THE FUCK OF IT! WHEN IT HIT ME I WAS ABLE TO TAKE A STEP BACK AND ANALYSE WHY I WAS UPSET AND HOW TO FIX IT. WHEN IT WAS ALL DONE I GAINED SELF RESPECT, AND LEARNED TO USE MY MIND FOR MY BENEFIT, DONT LET UR MIND CONTROL YOU! BUT BE CAREFUL CUZ I AM KINDA TOUGH WHEN IT COMES TO DRUGS.... I REALLY REALLY THINK U SHOULD TAKE THEM, BUT.... THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT 1. DO IT AT A COMFORTABLE LOCATION AND SURROUND YOURSELF WITH GOOD PEOPLE. IF U DO THAT THEN I PROMESS U WILL FELL GREAT!!!

--------------------
DRUGS ARENT BAD.....ITS THE BAD PEOPLE THAT TAKE THEM.:evil:
FIRST YOU LOVE IT THEN YOU REPEAT IT.:mushroom2:

Invisiblebobbles
Drop Acid, Not Your Pants
 User Gallery

Re: the emotions ? [Re: lockhart53]
    #10895749 - 08/20/09 08:36 AM (7 years, 8 months ago)

That is one reason I do like taking shrooms they bring out all my emotions, which I absolutely love.  I honestly think it is the best part of the whole experience.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience