Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDoDo
Rare

Loc: Mauritius
Extractions
    #1367536 - 03/11/03 11:18 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I was looking for some extraction teks, but the searchbutton doesnt seem to work for a while and the one on the site didnt come up with anything. So does anyone know of a good extraction tek not using any hard to come by materials?

Thnx!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineflatalbert
MexicanaJalisco,Stamets, andfractals
Loc: One of those corn states
Re: Extractions [Re: DoDo]
    #1367859 - 03/12/03 03:06 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

If you have access to everclear or golden grain alcohol, Just soak said material in it for 2 weeks shaking every day. Filter first through a wire seive, then a cotton filter, then a paper coffee filter. You may then want to repeat with the filtered material to make sure it all got out. The liquid should be put in the fridge. The crystals should precipitate at the bottom overnight. This is to see how much you got. After you do that, you can take it out of the fridge and put a fan on it. It should evaporate quickly. Viola!
91% isopropyl rubbing alcohol works too, just make sure it is all evap'd before consuming.
Peace
Flat

OfflinePantherina
Alchemist

Loc: Nirvana
Re: Extractions [Re: flatalbert]
    #1367964 - 03/12/03 03:43 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

If you dont have access to ethanol, methanol will work just as well but is poisonous so make sure you remove all of residue. Aqueous ethanoic acid can also be used in the same procedure and is probably even easier to come by OTC.
99.1 % methanol can be bought in the gallon at model aeroplane/car shops, just make sure it doesnt contain anything else like oil!

--------------------
The man who lost the plot, so had to improvise

OfflinePantherina
Alchemist

Re: Extractions [Re: Pantherina]
    #1367978 - 03/12/03 03:46 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

--------------------

OfflineQuick Blaze
Messenger

Loc: On My Way
    #1368603 - 03/12/03 08:04 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

instead of using dried mush for the extraction could you use a fully colonized cake and grind it up?

--------------------
"Life is one BIG road with Lots of signs. So when you riding through the ruts, don't you complicate your mind. Flee from hate, mischief and jealousy. Don't bury your thoughts, put your vision to reality "

OfflinePantherina
Alchemist

Re: Extractions [Re: Quick Blaze]
    #1368656 - 03/12/03 08:18 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Yes, dried mycelium also contains magic dust, it will work but swimx wont get as much as he would from dried shrooms. It also has to be filtered well, probably best of using vacuum filtration.
By the way i think 2 weeks is a bit to long to leave ground shrooms in the solvent. Swim normally leaves it to soak for about 12 hrs on a water bath at about 45 c and has extracted as much as if he left for several days.

--------------------

InvisibleLana
Head Banana
Female

Loc: www.MycoSupply.com
    #1368696 - 03/12/03 08:30 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

/me thinks...

But don't you think it would be easier to get more crystals faster if someone used dried mycelium?  The weight ratio is what I'm wondering.  As we all know, its much easier to get 100g of dried mycelium then it is 100g of dried mushrooms. 

A quart jar full of colonized grain takes 10 days.  Break that up and dry it out, 2-3 days.  My friend thought it would take a good 2 weeks to get a finished batch of extract. 

Although I can easily see how a vacuum pump would be needed, much more waste would need to be filtered... A lot more :smile: 

Good thread.

Lana

--------------------
Myco Supply - Distributors of Mycological Products
http://www.MycoSupply.com

The Premiere Source for Mushroom Growing Supplies.
Visit us online or call us toll free

OfflinePantherina
Alchemist

Re: Extractions [Re: Lana]
    #1368769 - 03/12/03 08:57 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Why not try try casing the grain with vermiculite and then extracting from the shrooms and the cased mycelium?
Swim will also try extracting from a bag of grain and also case another bag and extract from the shrooms and see which gets the biggest yield. :smile:

--------------------

InvisibleLana
Head Banana
Female

Loc: www.MycoSupply.com
    #1368957 - 03/12/03 10:00 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

You said, "Why not try try casing the grain with vermiculite and then extracting from the shrooms and the cased mycelium?"

I'm not quite clear on this. Why would you need to case the mycelium? My friend was thinking, colonize some jars of grain and once their fully colonized, dry out the mycelium....

Also, why doe the mycelium have to be dried out? Its noted that you can use fresh mushrooms as well as dried. So fresh mycelium may be easier to work with? I can easily see how something thats dried would be less of a mess to work with, but for extraction purposes, matter thats already hydrated seems as if it would be easier to break down.

Any thoughts?

Lana

--------------------
Myco Supply - Distributors of Mycological Products
http://www.MycoSupply.com

The Premiere Source for Mushroom Growing Supplies.
Visit us online or call us toll free

OfflineQuick Blaze
Messenger

Loc: On My Way
    #1369063 - 03/12/03 10:27 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

then i guess i could grind up my cakes..wait for them to dry and then extract..why wouldnt you get as much if you used cakes?

--------------------
"Life is one BIG road with Lots of signs. So when you riding through the ruts, don't you complicate your mind. Flee from hate, mischief and jealousy. Don't bury your thoughts, put your vision to reality "

OfflinePantherina
Alchemist

Re: Extractions [Re: Lana]
    #1369109 - 03/12/03 10:41 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Wet shrooms/substrate is difficult to work with, really you want to powder your shrooms/substrate before extraction. Plus the solvent will take up that H2O, which will then have to be removed afterwards. It will take a longer time to evaporate than pure methanol/ethanol or would have to be striped under vacuum

Shrooms are easier to work with than colonised grain. Only a small percentage of the colonised grain is mycelium, so it would take a large amount of grain and solvent to extract magic dust. It would also mean a lengthy filtration and a large amount of solvent would have to be removed afterwards. If your not recovering your solvent it will be expensive.

In reply to your other Q. Swim was just thinking rather than just using the shrooms or the substrate for extraction why not use both. After harvesting shrooms someone could try extracting the spent substrate as well? Yields might increase.

--------------------

OfflineBigJohnson
Whoa! You guysneed to lightenup!

Loc: The Yard
    #1369424 - 03/12/03 12:47 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Buy some bacardi 151, empty half the bottle. Fill the bottle with powdered shrooms until you are 3/4 full or shrooms + bacardi, cap it really tight, and shake every so often. Let it sit for a week or so, filter it using a fine screen into a jar, and add the solids back to the bottle. Now, take the half you originally poured out and pour it back into the bottle containing the solids. Treat this just as you did the first go around, and repeat the filtering process. Store the jar with the solution from the first soak in the freezer with the lid on tight. Now, after the second soak, combine the two halves and either dose or evaporate down to crystals.

Simple and effective, or so I've read.

Shots of this shit will kick your ass on multiple levels, so respect it and dose conservatively.

BTW, if you keep track of the mass of shrooms added to the final volume of liquid, you can get a pretty good idea of how many grams of shrooms per CC of solution went into the mix. Much of what is lost in quantity of psilo is made up for by a faster delivery time with alcohol and water as a vehicle.

--------------------
Should the US relegalize drugs?

http://www.lp.org/issues/relegalize.html

Edited by BigJohnson (03/12/03 12:53 PM)

OfflineDoDo
Rare

Loc: Mauritius
Re: Extractions [Re: BigJohnson]
    #1371285 - 03/13/03 02:25 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Thnx for all the replys, i think im going to try extracting it with 99% isopropanol using wet shrooms. My only worry is oxidization, is this an issue with extractions as the psilocybin gets exposed to air when the evaporation is done. Also, can one put the wet shrooms in a grinder before they are soaked in the isopropanol, or would this allow oxidization as well? thnx

OfflinePantherina
Alchemist

Re: Extractions [Re: DoDo]
    #1374466 - 03/14/03 01:59 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Hi have u guys checked out http://leda.lycaeum.org/Documents/Psilocybin_Producer's_Guide.10392.shtml
This avoids the problem of having all that extra substrate to extract from.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract