Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTold
Artiest

Loc: Rockies
spawn kits....
    #1370822 - 03/12/03 07:41 PM (21 years, 22 days ago)

ive got a spawn kit... with this hay. i pasturised the hay for 60 min. i then accidently added this white powder stuff i thought would of grown the mushrooms in the hay. but i later found out it was some sort of like nutriants for the mushrooms. well after i found this out i was so pissed. (im a newbie... can yea tell?) any ways i left the nutriants shit in there for 2 days and a little white mold grew on the top of the hay, i am pretty sure it was the top and it was just a very little amount like 10 1 cm small fury ball things. well what i did was take the hay out and poor hot water into the hay and washed out all of the nutriants shit. then i drained the hay and mixed in this kinda grain stuff.

alright its now mixed in and packed down and upstairs under a couch cultivating. its been about 2 more days now after i did this and there doesnt seem to be much action, and its really moist+hot inside of it. does it need to be dry in order to work? do you think it will grow? or should i just chuck it? (btw this stuff is from a grow kit)

but theres one more thing i want to know. the nutriants stuff is that absolutly neccesary? because i threw the water out. if it is were can i buy a substitute?

i also have this soil in which i must mix in 1 litre of water in 2 weeks let sit over night then shake loosly over the hay+spawn mix. this i pressume makes the mushrooms actually start to grow? iono. im so lost and i would love some answers, lotsa answers and your experiances with spawn kits. THANKS!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTrife
shroomin' n00b(for now)
Loc: East Coast, USA
Re: spawn kits.... [Re: Told]
    #1370919 - 03/12/03 08:32 PM (21 years, 22 days ago)

you need to read the faqs.

--------------------
I dream of rain...........

OfflineTold
Artiest

Re: spawn kits.... [Re: Trife]
    #1370944 - 03/12/03 08:44 PM (21 years, 22 days ago)

no i simply asked a direct question because the answer to my questions can only be answered by fellow shroomers who have been in the same position and know what to do. i did read it and it did not help me in the slightest. please if anyone can still help me id appreciate it. thanks

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
    #1370976 - 03/12/03 08:56 PM (21 years, 22 days ago)

Trife is right.
The reason why you should read the faq is that you get a basic overview ofer the whole process.
This will answer most if not all of your questions.

Be self sufficient! www.shroomery.org/faq

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
    #1370987 - 03/12/03 09:03 PM (21 years, 22 days ago)

Were there spores involved?

Where were the spores?

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

OfflineTrife
shroomin' n00b(for now)
Loc: East Coast, USA
    #1370995 - 03/12/03 09:07 PM (21 years, 22 days ago)

Quote:

no i simply asked a direct question because the answer to my questions can only be answered by fellow shroomers who have been in the same position and know what to do. i did read it and it did not help me in the slightest. please if anyone can still help me id appreciate it. thanks

you didn't even bother reading it because from your post it's obvious that you have no idea what you are doing/talking about

'alright its now mixed in and packed down and upstairs under a couch cultivating.'

read the faqs, learn about what your attempting to do, dude.

--------------------
I dream of rain...........

OfflineTold
Artiest

Re: spawn kits.... [Re: Trife]
    #1371012 - 03/12/03 09:21 PM (21 years, 22 days ago)

meh i should of been more specific. the kit is under the couch because its dark and warm there (only place i could find thats 85 degree F) ok im going to read the FAQ. some more i will post when im done.

OfflineTold
Artiest

#1371024 - 03/12/03 09:32 PM (21 years, 22 days ago)

i read this

http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/7937

ok now that casing mix.. is it necessary?

i dont fully understand it if i do...
TIP 3: A great casing mix is 8 parts peat moss, 8 parts vermiculite, 1 part lime flour. Saturate 80% of it with tap water then mix in the remaining 20% dry to get the moisture right. You can pasteurize the casing by cooking it at 160?F (that's the warm setting on most ovens) covered with foil for 2 hours. Do not sterilize the casing. Many respectable mycologists discourage sterilization of the casing.

can someone run me through this? thanks. oh and i have done everything correctly so far by the FAQ. im waiting for the straw to colonise right now. day 2.

thanks for your help all!.

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
    #1371037 - 03/12/03 09:43 PM (21 years, 22 days ago)

What did you spawn the straw with?

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

OfflineTold
Artiest

Re: spawn kits.... [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #1371044 - 03/12/03 09:53 PM (21 years, 22 days ago)

im not leaving this thread so yea keep the answers flowin.

im not sure really as i said it all came as a kit. it looked like a bunch of grain. dark and a little big.

here i took some pics but i posted em on another board just click the link and scroll. dont worrie there are no popups.

http://forum.grasscity.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=131351#post131351

EDIT,

the grain are those white thnigs. they turned into em or somthing or i just cant see em. n e hoo thats em. please help

Edited by Told (03/12/03 10:35 PM)

OfflineiiiSENiii
journeyman

#1371142 - 03/12/03 11:19 PM (21 years, 22 days ago)

So you saw mycelium growth, and washed it off!? You really should have read up on doing this BEFORE going about it.

From your description, it honestly sounds like you started to get mycelium growth [the white stuff] which is good, and washed it away. Mycelium is the first stage [if you will] in mushroom growth. First the mycelium should colonize the substrate, and then the mushrooms grow off of the mycelium.

By taking it out, and washing it, you ruined it. Ive seen pre-innoculated spawn bags before, and I take it this is what you got. You will now see NO growth, as you haven't added anymore spores. [unles it wasnt a pre-innoculated bag and you did add more spores after washing it]

Yes the nutrients are neccessary. Without it the mycelium can't grow. Using the PF TEK as an example, the vermiculite is to hold in moisture, and the brown rice flower/whole wheat flower is the 'food' for the mycelium.

Consider this a blessing. Spawn bags are usually a rip IMO. You spend a hefty amount of cahs, and don't get that much out of it. I suggest you read up on growing the mushrooms from scratch, without any kits or bags. The PF TEL is the simplest way to go, and I suggest this tutorial:

http://www.fungifun.org/pf/pf_en.htm

Everything is explained well, and it has pictures so you can geta a visual to go along with the text instructions. It explains the entire proccess of growing. It explains about substrate, sterilization, innoculation, and incubation. After reading this, most other teks will make a lot more sense.

--------------------
You're in the what now?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale