Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineMorican
Stranger
 User Gallery

the perpetuation of ignorance should be illigal
    #13705967 - 12/30/10 01:19 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Its illegal to spank you child because of how it might affect his or her psycy but the teaching or rather instilling in ignorant obviously BS beliefs like racism or religion is ok.
I've been noticing on XBOX LIVE, where people are hidden behind a fake screenname/gamer tag, that people will speak freely, without holding back and there is a lot of racism.
The religious morons are everywhere else from our schools to our courts, all the way up to the highest posts in government, but this is ok.
Its one thing to lie to your kids about there being a santa claus, only to perpetuate the economy, greed, instlling matterialism in diguise of good will.

I say that we should teach true good will towards man with trying to break the racism in our families instead of blowing your hard earned money on crap and that things that can be easily proven as bull shit should have no place in government and should be illegal to teach to our children.

Ever since 9/11 I've noticed racist white peoples cockiness and ignorance increase or rather rear its ugly head and even more after Obamas rise to the presidency.

Just the other day I say a group of white college kids, mouthing off to this young mexican guy callin g him names and being all loud about it as if they where in their own house but they werent , they were in the "mexican" side of town and I guess this young mexican guy had friends because the next thing I know, three white guys where getting their asses kicked by a group of some big thug looking mexicans. My friend and I were done eating and so we walked away befor the cops got there but I dragged my feet a little getting out of there because it felt good to see true justice.

As good as it left to see a group of white kids getting their asses hadned to them, I felt a litte sorry for them because they were probably tought that ignorant shit that lead to them thinking they could mouth off like that.

My own daughter (with a white woman) is half Mexican/Puerto rican herself but was being raised in a white household in a predominantly white town but kicked it with me in a more ethnically diverse
City, on one of these visits we went to the theature and while walking from the car she saw a bunch of asia kids walking around and she asked, "daddy why is everyone Chinese?" To which I replied,  ""o honey they aren't all Chinese, that guy is vietnamese, that girl philipino and so forth" I realised my daughter is being raised byb ignorant rednecks and she thinks she's one of them when she's darked skinned than I am and it saddened me to think that some day her skin tone will be noticed and pointed out by one of those ignorant fucks like I saw getting their buts kicked the other day.

Why do we do this to our kids? Are we doomed to being lead by ignorants are they the majority?
If so, where will it leed?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleCaine
lab rat
Male User Gallery

Loc: NE
Re: the perpetuation of ignorance should be illigal [Re: Morican]
    #13705990 - 12/30/10 01:25 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I think we're progressively becoming more and more sheltered, ignorant, biased, etc. We survived for hundreds of years without these things, like hand sanitizer or innoculations to protect us from the big scary flu. You know what I mean? The old folks are always right when they start an anecdote with "back in my day..."

Offlinemeatcakeman
the search for bodhisattva
Male User Gallery

Loc: el sol
    #13705993 - 12/30/10 01:26 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

The eradication of social prejudices is a slow and gradual process.
The very fact that you notice this trend of ignorance is a glimmer of hope. Don't be so cynical.

Liberation is beautiful, but it has its repercussions. Society is not ready for such a liberation. Throw a child out in the street, and it will learn to beg. Throw a man into the woods, and he will hunt.

child = ignorant individual
man = one who has attained wisdom

--------------------
大开眼界

:awegroove:
:fbsnugs::fbsnugs::fbsnugs:
Hasta siempre, comandante.
:mattz:

OfflineMind Transcribing
Candy Baron
Male User Gallery

Loc: Lost in Tanaris
    #13706002 - 12/30/10 01:27 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Morican said:
As good as it left to see a group of white kids getting their asses hadned to them, I felt a litte sorry for them because they were probably tought that ignorant shit that lead to them thinking they could mouth off like that.

Hypocrite

--------------------

OfflinePatlal
You ask too many questions
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ottawa Flag
Re: the perpetuation of ignorance should be illigal [Re: meatcakeman]
    #13706003 - 12/30/10 01:27 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

ugh...I was in the mood of answering something smart and serious but the lenght of your thread discouraged me from reading it...

Based on the title alone, i agree

--------------------

InvisibleBrainiac
Rogue Scientist
Male

Loc: 與您的女朋 Flag
    #13706017 - 12/30/10 01:30 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

So whites are the only ones, that's racist...?  :facepalm3:

--------------------
:Awesketch:

:cool: Fair is Fair :devil:

OfflinePreparationH
apply daily

Loc: Amsterdam
Re: the perpetuation of ignorance should be illigal [Re: Patlal]
    #13706018 - 12/30/10 01:30 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Na, I think the perpetuation of ignorance is its downfall.  You must hold humans to a very low standard

Offlinemeatcakeman
Male User Gallery

Re: the perpetuation of ignorance should be illigal [Re: Brainiac]
    #13706030 - 12/30/10 01:34 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Brainiac said:
So whites are the only ones, that's racist...?  :facepalm3:

Apparently ones that yell at Mexicans.

--------------------
大开眼界

InvisibleBrainiac
Rogue Scientist
Male

Loc: 與您的女朋 Flag
Re: the perpetuation of ignorance should be illigal [Re: PreparationH] * 1
    #13706033 - 12/30/10 01:35 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

It's xbox live.... :laugh2:

--------------------
:Awesketch:

:cool: Fair is Fair :devil:

InvisibleCrasher
αἱρετίζω
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Tardy to the Party
    #13706049 - 12/30/10 01:40 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Spend less time arguing with stupid kids on xbox live and more time teaching your daughter to not be another ignorant, middle-class douche.

--------------------
Give me silence, water, hope;
Give me struggle, iron, volcanoes...

InvisibleSimplicitry
Just another mushroom lover
Male

Re: the perpetuation of ignorance should be illigal [Re: Morican] * 1
    #13706053 - 12/30/10 01:41 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Morican said:
Its illegal to spank you child because of how it might affect his or her psycy but the teaching or rather instilling in ignorant obviously BS beliefs like racism or religion is ok.

I've been noticing on XBOX LIVE, where people are hidden behind a fake screenname/gamer tag, that people will speak freely, without holding back and there is a lot of racism.
The religious morons are everywhere else from our schools to our courts, all the way up to the highest posts in government, but this is ok.
Its one thing to lie to your kids about there being a santa claus, only to perpetuate the economy, greed, instlling matterialism in diguise of good will.

I say that we should teach true good will towards man with trying to break the racism in our families instead of blowing your hard earned money on crap and that things that can be easily proven as bull shit should have no place in government and should be illegal to teach to our children.

Ever since 9/11 I've noticed racist white peoples cockiness and ignorance increase or rather rear its ugly head and even more after Obamas rise to the presidency.

Just the other day I say a group of white college kids, mouthing off to this young mexican guy callin g him names and being all loud about it as if they where in their own house but they werent , they were in the "mexican" side of town and I guess this young mexican guy had friends because the next thing I know, three white guys where getting their asses kicked by a group of some big thug looking mexicans. My friend and I were done eating and so we walked away befor the cops got there but I dragged my feet a little getting out of there because it felt good to see true justice.

My own daughter (with a white woman) is half Mexican/Puerto rican herself but was bei

When did spanking your kids become illegal. I must not have go that memo. It's always been illegal to abuse a child, but we all know thats different. I'm not a relegious person, but who the fuck are you to tell someone they can't teach their religion to their children. Did you birth? Do you support them? I beleive in equal protection, and that the constution grants people of all ethnicities and faiths protection. Including rasict people. You don't have the right to tell them what they can, or cannot teach their children Why do you care what people think about your race or ethnicity anyways.

As an American of Mexican decent I can honestly say that I have been treated extremely well by people of all ethnic backgrounds including the "white people" that you seem to hate, and veiw as though they are racist scum bags. Some of the most helpful, loving, and selfless people I've encountered in my life are white.

Pretty much your post said in short is "I think it should be illegal for people to teach their kids things that I don't believe in" Well I say fuck that shit!

--------------------

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

I think we should cut all the social parasites from their welfare checks. Then they will either find a means to support themselves or starve to death, either of wich is good for the economy and society.

I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal."

"Islam in a man is worse then rabies in a dog"

OfflineFungal-one
Kneegrow
Male User Gallery

Loc: No fuckin tellin
    #13706058 - 12/30/10 01:42 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Old habits die hard.

My step dad is an instructor at a technical college in his town and he says nigger constantly. I'm amazed that he has never been sued. He hates that I love black women. Talking to my parents on the phone recently it was mentioned that I have been talking to a black chick that I very very much like. Well, he flipped out and said lots of ignorant shit.

It makes me hate the very skin on his bones when he talks that racist fucking shit. If I ever was to catch him indoctrinating my daughter with that shit, I'd beat him until he was dead.

Farreel.

Religion isn't as hard to deal with. People latch on to religion because we all seek god. Some of us see god as nature or even ourselves while others see god as a bearded abusive dude in teh sky, but we all seek god. Whether that seeking takes the form of dosing psychedelics or bible thumping, the goal is the same. People who truly seek are always willing to seek, dig?

That doesn't do anything for willfully ignorant people, though. :feelsbadman:

--------------------
Never judge a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. But, by that time you're a mile away and you got his shoes, so fuck em.

InvisibleantiPock
fighting entropy
Male User Gallery

Loc: Sol 3
Re: the perpetuation of ignorance should be illigal [Re: meatcakeman]
    #13706062 - 12/30/10 01:42 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

People need someone to look down on. Used to be blacks, now it is "Mexicans" (anyone from Central or South America) and of course all Muslims (including Sikhs and many others that aren't even Muslim). What I hate most as a white male is when some jackass starts spewing racist shit as if I am on board with it. These days, it is most often something about "Mexicans". Basically the world is still full of ignorant people, and they are breeding ignorant children when they can. Luckily some kids see through the parents BS.

I also think the racist subtext in much of the media is still very strong. (Fox "news" in particular). I know right-wing pundits love to argue this point but the reality is that every single day they promote ignorance with respect to anything "other". When I was a kid, I thought that racism was clearly in decline and was looking forward to an increasingly enlightened future. In truth, we have just traded simple anti-black racism for a broader xenophobia and multi-cultural/ethnic bias.

I honestly believe the US is moving backward on this and other fronts. Not just racism but the absolute willful ignorance shown by many, watered down "debate" over non-starters like creationism vs evolution, the general attack on science, etc. Racism and other forms of ignorance are easier to promote in an echo chamber, and increasingly that is the form that people are getting there information from. The facist agenda is in full swing, and making us more racist/xenophobic/ignorant is part of the plan, and it is working :tinfoil: /end rant

Offlinemasterharf
Stranger
Male

Loc: Michigan
Re: the perpetuation of ignorance should be illigal [Re: antiPock]
    #13706103 - 12/30/10 01:51 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

im not fond of the majority of black people; however, i keep this to myself for the most part. everyone should just be a pussy like me and keep their racial bias to themselves.

--------------------
harf

Offlinemeatcakeman
Male User Gallery

Re: the perpetuation of ignorance should be illigal [Re: masterharf]
    #13706233 - 12/30/10 02:15 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

masterharf said:
im not fond of the majority of black people; however, i keep this to myself for the most part. everyone should just be a pussy like me and keep their racial bias to themselves.

WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW

That is blatant racism. And the fact that it's clearly intrinsic to you makes it so much fucking worse.

Oh, michigan. :facepalm:

--------------------
大开眼界

Offlinemorrowasted
Worldwide Stepper
Male User Gallery

Loc: House of Mirrors
Re: the perpetuation of ignorance should be illigal [Re: masterharf]
    #13706282 - 12/30/10 02:27 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

masterharf said:

:huxleyfacepalm:

OfflineThe Ecstatic
Chilldog Extraordinaire

Loc: 'Merica Flag
Re: the perpetuation of ignorance should be illigal [Re: morrowasted] * 1
    #13706380 - 12/30/10 02:43 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

biases will exist forever.

But perhaps, you can cry about it enough that your hippie tears create a river which you can ride to a place where nobody has the freedom of expression.

--------------------

InvisibleSimplicitry
Just another mushroom lover
Male

Re: the perpetuation of ignorance should be illigal [Re: The Ecstatic]
    #13706484 - 12/30/10 02:57 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

The Ecstatic said:

But perhaps, you can cry about it enough that your hippie tears create a river which you can ride to a place where nobody has the freedom of expression.

:laugh2: Haahahahahaha. Perfect reply. I could not have put it better :laugh2:

--------------------

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

I think we should cut all the social parasites from their welfare checks. Then they will either find a means to support themselves or starve to death, either of wich is good for the economy and society.

I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal."

"Islam in a man is worse then rabies in a dog"

InvisibleantiPock
fighting entropy
Male User Gallery

Re: the perpetuation of ignorance should be illegal [Re: masterharf]
    #13706517 - 12/30/10 03:01 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

masterharf said:

Yet you have a black man as your avatar. Really though, what you might not realize is that what you don't like about "black people" are probably factors that actually have nothing at all to do with the skin tone. I am talking about taught or observed biases that you associate with black people, but these things are NOT the product of "being black". Americans especially get so mixed up on this issue . . .  I call it "statistical" prejudice.

The same fallacious logic leads to the insane rates at which blacks are incarcerated in the US. There are a lot of black men in prison, therefore . . . "black must be more prone to crime". It becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. Time and again though we see that there is  a tremendous discrepancy in how "justice" is meted out based upon race. For the same exact crime, black men suffer much worse outcomes. Obviously justice is not blind.  Case in point: gram of crack on a black man, vs ounce of coke on a white man. Guess who gets more jail time? Luckily they are striking down some of the mandatory crack sentencing guidelines, but the black man will continue to suffer worse outcome for the same crime most of the time.

Thanks for being honest though; a great many white folk feel the same way you do. The guy who proclaims he "hates niggers" isn't really much more racist than a great many so-called progressive white folk. The real difference is that the vocal guy is not deluding himself and misleading other by trying to convince people that he isn't racist.

InvisibleantiPock
fighting entropy
Male User Gallery

Re: the perpetuation of ignorance should be illigal [Re: The Ecstatic]
    #13706530 - 12/30/10 03:03 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

The Ecstatic said:

amusing, but what is your point? That, because bias will continue to exist, we should permit injustice to flourish? Very noble of you.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder