Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePooGrower
Mr. Hanky

Loc: East Side
Is a Air Pump in Terrium worth it?
    #1370344 - 03/12/03 05:01 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

This is to anyone using a air pump. Before adding it to your terrium what were your results SIZE amount FLUSHed and Quickness in PINNING? Is it worth it to get a air pump pumping in oxygen???? thanks

--------------------
"I WONT STOP TILL I HAVE A LIFE TIME SUPPLY" "dont be offended by anything i say, its in a joking manner"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibledeprave
GrandmasterToker

Loc: DownUnder
Re: Is a Air Pump in Terrium worth it? [Re: PooGrower]
    #1370382 - 03/12/03 05:09 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

good question my friend sean was also wondering is he should move the bubler from the incubator to the fruiting chamber, he uses the bubler in the incubator to help better evenly heat the water below in the water chamber

--------------------

NONE OF THE ABOVE IS TRUE I LIKE TO WRITE STORIES

Offlinerealrasta
man in my closet

Re: Is a Air Pump in Terrium worth it? [Re: deprave]
    #1370446 - 03/12/03 05:28 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

my cat had a huge double vaulve air pump it was the biggest one in the pet store and honetly my cat had too air out 2-3 tmes aday to keep it from aborting. i say i guess it help might even help alot but nothin keeps those aborts away like a nice fanning out .actually my cat bought a air matress pump from wall mart it has inflat and deflate on it. so my cat ran2 hose into the terrium one to inflat one to deflat and pluged it into a timer to go off every 3 hours four one min it keeps it real fresh. my cat just put polyfill in a chamber in the air mattress pump to insure clean air works better than any pump and i only paid 19.00 dollars . and never effects my rh much better than anything my cat also uses it as the blower for my flo hood. it does the job. just look at the proof
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=Growlog&Number=1356784&page=2&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

Edited by realrasta (03/12/03 05:35 PM)

Invisiblerobinhood2
merry man w/outthe tights!
Re: Is a Air Pump in Terrium worth it? [Re: realrasta]
    #1370663 - 03/12/03 06:47 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Isn't that pump setup kinda loud though? Seems like an air mattress pump would jolt you out of a dead sleep in the middle of the night?

--------------------
"Rob? That's a naughty word, we never rob. We just.. borrow a bit from those who can afford it."

Offlinesocratesmind
old hand

Loc: in your house :)
Re: Is a Air Pump in Terrium worth it? [Re: robinhood2]
    #1370745 - 03/12/03 07:09 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

a friend of a friend uses an aquarium bubbler thats pretty weak and runs it one one hour increments in a h2o+h2o2 bath 6 times a day and it keeps abhorts away pretty nicely too and the mushes are tall n str8 to the light. he also has a hole in the bottom to allow the co2 to escape because of pressure. if i ask him maybe he'll post pics of it one day :/

--------------------
Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded.
- Abraham Lincoln: Speech in the Illinois House of Representatives, Dec 18, 1840.

Offlinescifi5001
Deranger
 User Gallery

Loc: fi
Re: Is a Air Pump in Terrium worth it? [Re: PooGrower]
    #1371769 - 03/13/03 06:01 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I too use an airpump, so i don't have to bother with the fanning all the time.
Makes living a bit easier :tongue:
And you can experiment with the air exchange to get best results.
:laugh: 

--------------------
Nothing lasts, nothing is lost.

Invisibledeanofmean
mycophagous

Loc: PNW
Re: Is a Air Pump in Terrium worth it? [Re: socratesmind]
    #1371957 - 03/13/03 07:11 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

a friend of a friend uses an aquarium bubbler thats pretty weak and runs it one one hour increments in a h2o+h2o2 bath 6 times a day and it keeps abhorts away pretty nicely too and the mushes are tall n str8 to the light. he also has  a hole in the bottom to allow the co2 to escape because of pressure. if i ask him maybe he'll post pics of it one day :/ 

in my mind this is what air exchange is all about .
all that is needed is a way for co2 to escape, and proper rh .
this can be accomplished without a pump .as co2 is heavier then o2, fresh air gets drawn in as the co2 leaves .the trick is to size the vent so rh doesn't get too low .
i think its called the chronic tec ? :laugh: 

Offlinethrice
Stranger
Re: Is a Air Pump in Terrium worth it? [Re: deanofmean]
    #1372271 - 03/13/03 08:51 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

in my mind this is what air exchange is all about .
all that is needed is a way for co2 to escape, and proper rh .
this can be accomplished without a pump .as co2 is heavier then o2, fresh air gets drawn in as the co2 leaves .the trick is to size the vent so rh doesn't get too low .
i think its called the chronic tec ? :laugh: 

So your saying, all one needs would be a hole in the top-side, and bottom-side of the terrarium, stuffed with polyfill, and the gas will exchange itself?  Has anyone had success with this tek?  What size holes would you use for a 10 gal rubbermaid?  Thanks. 

--------------------
"I've got high friends in places".

Invisibled1giPhux
Stranger
Re: Is a Air Pump in Terrium worth it? [Re: thrice]
    #1372444 - 03/13/03 09:33 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

How does one go about setting up fish tank air pumps so that one would not have to air out his chamber more than 2-3 times a day? Peace!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder