Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Penis Envy Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleWise Toad
 User Gallery

Update the Shroomery Swag store
    #13699974 - 12/29/10 09:35 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Several of us had the idea in This Post that we should update the swag store. This would include user submitted designs, symbols on the shirts that only a shroomery member would recognize, and tapestries. This was posted here to get recognized by mods so we could do something about it. If you have any ideas on how the swag store could be improved post away:yesnod: For those of you who don't have time to read over that post i linked to here are its highlights:

Quote:

PreparationH said:
I've been pushing for a shroomery tapestry for years. YEARS.

Quote:

The Green Bastard said:
You need better color options. I like the cool designs but I don't want a white or grey hoodie, they stain to quickly. it would be nice if you had the option to get it in a nice deep blue or hunter green or plain black.

And on a side note you should have a contest for members to create the next tee shirt design and we could all vote on it.

And whoever said tapestry? WAS A DAMN GENIUS!!!!! get on that. I would get a couple tapestries and I'm sure plenty others would.

You could sell big plain white tapestries with some image embossed on there(or however you do it) and then when you bought it you could "custom" tie dye it!

Quote:

Wise Toad said:
Yeah we definitely need more stuff in the store. Many of our loyal shroomerites wouldn't buy clothing with the word SHROOMERY on it with mushrooms growing out of it as it is in essence a calling card saying "I do drugs", honestly I wouldn't risk that despite my absolute love of this place. We need some secret sign that would be unnoticeable to any non shroomery members out there but would appear as an obvious sign to those of us here, a way to spot each other in a crowd. The closest we have here is the cranky face printed on some clothes. Maybe some clothes with the each and every emotion that we use to define ourselves here at the shroomery printed all over, or a whole bunch of different types of our smileys printed on a shirt. I wouldn't care if it cost a lot more than it does now for the extra ink it would be worth the quality and the fact that I could meet shroomery memebers out there with it. Regular Items at the store could be: Psychedelic artwork on clothing, tie dye, and like they said murals. I would however buy waterpipes with shroomery or growery printed on it but that might be a bit risky for the site if people get busted with them. Some shroomery dogtags would be cool.

Quote:

The Green Bastard said:
I agree about the having a secret symbol idea. I don't think I would want Shroomery across my shirt for the exact reasons you said.

I think the shirt with the spore print is badass but I would just remove the word shroomery from the bottom.

Or what about abbreviated names we use for certain strains? I would wear a shirt that said nothing but PE on the front. people would assume it's a fraternity or something like that.

I honestly think we should all submit designs and vote on the best one to be the next shroomery shwag.

I do like the way that I can get each design on a bunch of different things. You bet your ass I'm gonna get a shroomery apron and beer cozie for when Im grilling out!:billymaythumbup:

So what do you think:)?

Edited by Wise Toad (12/29/10 10:16 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePreparationH
apply daily

Loc: Amsterdam
Re: Update the Shroomery Swag store [Re: Wise Toad]
    #13700141 - 12/29/10 10:22 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Ythan told me the company they use doesn't make tapestries.

Time to use a new company.

InvisibleWise Toad
 User Gallery

Re: Update the Shroomery Swag store [Re: PreparationH]
    #13700250 - 12/29/10 10:51 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Definitely, it would be a worthwhile investment for site.

OfflineThe Green Bastard
friendly hippie
Male

Loc: parts unkown....
    #13700301 - 12/29/10 11:11 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I'm glad this is finally a thread. Thanks wise toad!:billymaythumbup:

Another thing I thought of was hats. knit hats and baseball caps.
What about stickers? or window clings? patches?

I've already started drawing up some tee shirt ideas. I can't wait to see this take off!

--------------------
Well, if that's the case, then Julian, he is like a superhero. Holy fuck, Ricky, you know who you are? You're Dope-Man! He can smoke a pound in a single bound.

InvisibleWise Toad
 User Gallery

Re: Update the Shroomery Swag store [Re: The Green Bastard]
    #13700356 - 12/29/10 11:24 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Awesome ideas:smile:. Blacklight posters would be nice. With all the artists here the store could easily fill with designs for everything. iv seen some mad talents around from glass blowing to psychedelic artwork, each could have their place in the new store

Offlinerealfuzzhead
Male User Gallery

Loc: above the smog layer Flag
    #13701190 - 12/29/10 02:14 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

so our goal is to come up with a universal symbol recognizable by all fellow shroomerites but does not reveal an obvious associuation with drug use correct?

i will start making submissions for jackets, shirts and stickers

InvisibleWise Toad
 User Gallery

Re: Update the Shroomery Swag store [Re: realfuzzhead]
    #13701343 - 12/29/10 02:42 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

realfuzzhead said:
so our goal is to come up with a universal symbol recognizable by all fellow shroomerites but does not reveal an obvious associuation with drug use correct?

i will start making submissions for jackets, shirts and stickers

Right on. Im wondering how complex we could make the designs, im guessing with the current company its limited to a simple picture on the front of the tshirt, am i wrong?

Offlinerealfuzzhead
Male User Gallery

#13701425 - 12/29/10 02:58 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

yeah it probably is, but i bet we'd be able to get away with an offcenter logo thats a little larger than the last, if anything happens and ythan and the shroomery decide not to officially endorse, someone could privately print the t sihrts and give some procceeds to the shroomery

InvisibleRaw
Muslim
 User Gallery

Loc: USA West Coast Flag
    #13702806 - 12/29/10 07:29 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah, we do need a secret shroomery code symbol.

A blue T-shirt that sez...

Ythan?

Or a Vitamin C T-Shirt.
Or a 1 UP mushroom?

--------------------

InvisibleWise Toad
 User Gallery

Re: Update the Shroomery Swag store [Re: Raw]
    #13702835 - 12/29/10 07:33 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Or all three.

Offlinerealfuzzhead
Male User Gallery

#13703059 - 12/29/10 08:21 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

im thinking there needs to be some of the :awe: in there, :awestoned: or :awewtf: or :awesurprise:

idk, this isnt a quick thing so everyone should just throw ideas out there

OfflineThe Green Bastard
friendly hippie
Male

#13703811 - 12/29/10 11:36 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

what about this guy? :feelsgoodman:

the universal symbol could be something that we all use in mycology but also has real world value. Like say a picture of a bag of organic brf still in the package or wbs like that. Something almost dumb to put on a tee shirt so that way non shroomerites will look at it and think "did that guy have a humidifier on his shirt?". something simple but significant.

consent
Quote:

realfuzzhead said:
yeah it probably is, but i bet we'd be able to get away with an offcenter logo thats a little larger than the last, if anything happens and ythan and the shroomery decide not to officially endorse, someone could privately print the t sihrts and give some procceeds to the shroomery

I don't think we should go this route because it's borderline copyright infringement and might piss off a few mods. I don't see any reason why the mods wouldn't adhere to our requests. I mean, after all we ARE the ones buying this crap making the site money to keep going. Why wouldn't they listen to what we want and work with us to give us the best possible outcome? We just need to go about this thing right.

The way I see it is if WE do the work and WE do the research and WE set everything up so all a mod has to do is look over it and give it the go ahead then it'll happen. We gotta figure out what company we are currently using and what there graphic design capabilities are. Then we can decide if we need to look to other companies and compare rates. meanwhile we need to start getting some designs generated to show we are serious. i say we make a few sticky's in the pub, the cultivation, and the psychedelic forums(as recommended in our original thread) that are solely for user based submissions for new designs.

then when we have enough designs generated we can compile them into a massive thread and take a poll to determine which is the best. or maybe the top 3?

This is gonna take massive combined effort to do but it IS possible. By next festival season we could all be decked out with the latest shroomery shwag. And how fucking awesome will it feel to have created the number 1 user voted favorite????

I know I am willing to make the commitment to doing this. what about you wise toad? Let's make this happen shroomerites!!

:bubbles:

--------------------
Well, if that's the case, then Julian, he is like a superhero. Holy fuck, Ricky, you know who you are? You're Dope-Man! He can smoke a pound in a single bound.

InvisibleWise Toad
 User Gallery

#13708145 - 12/30/10 08:20 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Definitely:super:. Blue hoodie with a rye grain bag on the front, maybe some mason jars or just the word mason on the back, aluminum foil thrown in, and smileys of course.  It doesn't have to be complex just recognizable, that way even if we can't get some other company and the one we are using is limited we can still go ahead:dancer:.

My question is where do we start:confused:? How do we get this to Ythan and the admins and start submitting designs. Should we PM or do they automatically see this since its in the feedback forum? Im sure they would be in

OfflineThe Green Bastard
friendly hippie
Male

#13708299 - 12/30/10 08:42 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

they gotta know about this thread. that's like part of their job is to maintain the posts right?

--------------------

Offlinerealfuzzhead
Male User Gallery

#13709310 - 12/30/10 11:41 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

hey even if ythan and the shroomery dont want to front it, id be able to print 50 or 100 and sell them to the people on here while giving shroomery some royalties

and yes definitely something related to cultivation

OfflineYthanA
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Male User Gallery

Loc: NY/MA/VT Borderlands Flag
    #13723867 - 01/03/11 08:53 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Hey guys, sorry for the delayed response, hope you had a happy new year! I'm flattered that people are so enthusiastic about different kinds of Shroomery merchandise, and I agree our current offerings are kind of limited. However, we've tried sourcing our own products and running our own store, and it just didn't really work out. In fact I'm pretty sure we ended up losing money due to unsold backstock. We're not really equipped for mail order fulfillment, and there isn't enough demand to warrant building out that aspect of our business. Handing things off to Printfection has simplified things greatly, but it means we're kind of stuck with the products they have available.

So anyway, new designs are probably not a problem. I like the idea of having some more subtle merchandise which doesn't scream "DRUGGIE", and also the idea of a contest to create the art. That's something I'm in favor of pursuing as long as I don't actually have to handle it myself. :wink:

As for expanding into completely new types of products like tapestries, shot glasses, ash trays, lighters, etcetera, I don't think it's very likely in the near future. If someone wants to pursue this independently and produce their own limited run of unofficial Shroomery merchandise, please contact an admin and we can probably work something out.

OfflinePreparationH
apply daily

Re: Update the Shroomery Swag store [Re: Ythan]
    #13723887 - 01/03/11 08:59 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Mother fucker.

:sad:

InvisibleTranscendingLife
I Don't Need a Life to Live
Male User Gallery

Re: Update the Shroomery Swag store [Re: PreparationH]
    #13723911 - 01/03/11 09:10 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I like the idea for the subtle T-shirt, because the current one I can't wear in public due it screaming "Mushrooms here!"
I was thinking something like a quart jar w/ inoculation point & GE filter filled w/ rye. then the back could be a SGFC or monotub or martha. filled w/ myc, because most people won't recognize that that's mushrooms growing. :lmafo:
--How've you been Toad? Haven't seen ya in a bit.

--------------------
AMU: We Quickly Answer Questions Here
"One must accept the probability of failure to experience the elation of success." - TranscendingLife
“A man of genius makes no mistakes; his errors are volitional and are the portals of discovery.” - James Joyce
:sporedrop::sporedrop::mushroomgrow::sporedrop::sporedrop::wow:How I Do EVERYTHING:wow::sporedrop::sporedrop::mushroomgrow::sporedrop::sporedrop:
"Your vision will become clear only when you can look into your own heart…. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes."- Carl Jung
"Anything that can be done chemically can be done by other means."- William S. Burroughs
"You are as dead now as you will ever be" - Seth

Offlinerealfuzzhead
Male User Gallery

Re: Update the Shroomery Swag store [Re: Ythan]
    #13724440 - 01/03/11 11:36 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

yeah i didnt think the shroomery would wanna deal with the overhead of starting up a whole chain of items, ive been contemplating doing it. I live in L.A. and you can get 100 or so tshirts printed for pretty friggin cheap..

ima look some designs over and think about it, we'll be in contact ythan

OfflinePreparationH
apply daily

#13724590 - 01/03/11 12:13 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

If I make shroomery tapestries and sell them will you sue me ythor?

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Penis Envy Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom