Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

responsibility
    #1364509 - 03/11/03 01:50 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

i am finding some new found peace of mind in taking responsibility for some duties in my life (studying, looking for jobs, realizing importance of meditation)... however trivial my analyzing mind makes them out to be, I feel better by doing them.

just a thought i wanted to blurt out

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
Re: responsibility [Re: Grav]
    #1364514 - 03/11/03 01:53 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Taking 100% responsibility for your life and actions, is the quickest path to enlightenment and sovereignity, and contact with higher evolved forms of intelligence.

--------------------

InvisibleRebelSteve33
Amateur Mycologist
Male

Loc: Arizona
    #1364544 - 03/11/03 02:15 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

cool!  having a daily routine or set of responsibilities has always made me feel more at peace than when i sit around and do nothing.  for example, every day i get the newspaper, scan through all the headlines, and do all the word puzzles on the puzzle page.  it's a really trivial thing, but for some reason it makes me feel good.  having the same class and work schedule every week, although it can be stressful at times, makes me feel more at peace than when i am on break and don't have any responsibilites.  even the routine of waking up and having a cup of coffee every morning puts me in a peaceful state of mind.  people will obviously feel better about themselves when they are active rather than sedentary, but i think there's more to it than that.  i think it has to do with the pattern, or cycle, of routines and responsibilites one has.  cycles are extremely common in nature, so doesn't it make sense that they should be common in humans as well?  not having cycles would just be unnatural, and i think all of us here would agree that unnatural just isn't good!! :smile:

-rebelsteve 

--------------------
Namaste.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: responsibility [Re: RebelSteve33]
    #1365202 - 03/11/03 06:42 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

cool! having a daily routine or set of responsibilities has always made me feel more at peace than when i sit around and do nothing.

I find this true, as well. Mondays and Thursdays I work in an antique shop (hardly work; download music and hang out on the Shroomery, when no customers are looking). I then go wash dishes at a local eatery. I feel like the day was spent.
On Tuesdays and Wednesdays, I don't wash dishes, so I am home all day. I usually get depressed these days, although I do play guitar as much as possible (unless, of course, I don't feel like it). I need to set up a schedule for these days so I get all my practice in on guitar and all sorts of other stuff that will help better me as a person. Maybe this will work:
1. Wake Up.
2. Clear the negative thoughts, remind myself how I have some ass to kick today.
3. Go upstairs, find something to eat.
4. Watch a Simpsons episode. (we have the dvd collections, I am trying to watch them all).
5. Warm up on my bass (people's hands are always hard to control in the mornings).
6. Lift some weights.
7. Go outside and explore, weather permitting (the unglaciated area of Southwestern Wisconsin. very beautiful, hilly land. I should get some pictures to share).
8. Come back and play bass guitar for five hours.
haha, go from there.
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Edited by fireworks_god (03/11/03 06:51 AM)

Invisibleadrug

Re: responsibility [Re: fireworks_god]
    #1366435 - 03/11/03 01:34 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

How's this for responsibility? I'm on spring break...and I'm spending my week off picking up extra hours at my job and doing all the stuff around the house I've been putting off for ages. I'm actually quite proud of myself, no matter how crazy everyone else thinks I am.

OfflineLoverofEarth
spirit on ajourney

Loc: the in-between
Re: responsibility [Re: Shroomism]
    #1366510 - 03/11/03 02:01 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Hrm, are you saying that every single event that has happened in our life is of our own doing? Suffering is self-inflicted you say? ...damn

Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Loc: sailing the seas of chees...
Re: responsibility [Re: RebelSteve33]
    #1366690 - 03/11/03 03:21 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

not having cycles would just be unnatural

ok i can agree with that on a certain level (such a birth, the seasons), but mindless repetition of tasks that make us feel somewhat good and give us comfort is dull and uncreative. My opinion is that people enjoy having a daily routine because it gives them a feeling that they are supposed to be doing something in their existence, perhaps they fear the fact that without the tasks/responsibilities they have nothing to do with themselves which goes back to the dull and uncreative mind. just my 2 cents.

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

Re: responsibility [Re: chodamunky]
    #1368163 - 03/12/03 05:22 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

yea well humans have had to work their asses off since the dawn of humanity... our minds have just been shaped into that mode of thinking

Offlinesoylent_green
The greatEnitsuj
Female

Loc: Ontario
    #1369930 - 03/12/03 03:09 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

i know what you mean, i work full time now, and i make a lot of the plans for me and my friends,i try and make 'peace time' for meditation, and stuff like that. now i find if i'm not doing anything, i just tend to sleep, cuase i'm so bored. i love having stuff to do.
But it kinda sucks when other people aren't responsible.
sometimes i feel like i'm the only one making the effort to hang out with people,
and i hear a lot of my friends bitching about living with there parents and stuff, but there too damn lazy to get off there ass, and find a job, it gets pretty frustrating sometimes, i try and be sympathic, but after a while, i just want to smack them and say "take some responsibilty for you life!!!'
but i guess you can only find the modivation in yourself...

--------------------
What fun is it in Nirvana while other beings are suffering?

InvisibleRebelSteve33
Amateur Mycologist
Male

Re: responsibility [Re: soylent_green]
    #1369978 - 03/12/03 03:19 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

yes, relying on yourself is key.

--------------------
Namaste.

InvisibleRebelSteve33
Amateur Mycologist
Male

#1370001 - 03/12/03 03:26 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

yes, i agree completely. sometimes the mindless routines we practice in our lives serve nothing but to pacify us into a false sense of security, stability and contentment. alone, this is bad, but, as with all things, moderation and balance are key. we need routines, but we also need randomness. we need spontaniety and creativity in our lives. without them, they would be but dull, meaningless existences. i think a good balance of routine responsibilities and spare-time spontaneity is what helps to create a healthy emotional and mental mind state.

-rebelsteve

--------------------
Namaste.

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
    #1370011 - 03/12/03 03:29 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

My opinion is that people enjoy having a daily routine because it gives them a feeling that they are supposed to be doing something in their existence, perhaps they fear the fact that without the tasks/responsibilities they have nothing to do with themselves which goes back to the dull and uncreative mind.

I agree. I think it's a comanation of society shaping our minds and (possably) our DNA. We all want some sorta safety in life, I think repeating the same tasks daily just makes us feel safe and that we accomplish something even thow we really aren't.

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order