Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinelearningtofly
Ancient Aliens
Male

Loc: Out of this world
How do you help someone who's severely bipolar get/maintain a job?
    #13681421 - 12/24/10 11:58 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Someone who's very close to me has is extremely bi-polar and down to her last dollars. She's been on unemployment for awhile but hasn't had a job in years (or at least a solid one to my knowledge). How do I help her get/keep a job? :sad: I can't support her myself but I would if I could. I am willing to do pretty much anything. She has a therapist and a job coach but those aren't working.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedickpayne00
Adult
Male User Gallery

Loc: Florida
Re: How do you help someone who's severely bipolar get/maintain a job? [Re: learningtofly]
    #13681443 - 12/25/10 12:12 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

My brothers bipolar and hes on social security ,takes his medication, and lives with our mom.  Social security seems like the best course of action considering the situation.

--------------------
The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Invisibleowls
just let go!

Loc: dancing Flag
Re: How do you help someone who's severely bipolar get/maintain a job? [Re: dickpayne00]
    #13681533 - 12/25/10 12:54 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

stop making excuses for yourself and all parties involved...

--------------------
i love you

you are beautiful! :rockon:

COME TOGETHER, JOIN THE PARTY!!

"what beith a man if he doth not enjoy cannabis?" :mushroom2:

Offlinelearningtofly
Ancient Aliens
Male

Re: How do you help someone who's severely bipolar get/maintain a job? [Re: owls]
    #13681698 - 12/25/10 02:04 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

owls said:
stop making excuses for yourself and all parties involved...

What? Clearly you've never dealt with anyone who's bipolar.

--------------------

Invisibleowls
just let go!

Re: How do you help someone who's severely bipolar get/maintain a job? [Re: learningtofly]
    #13681815 - 12/25/10 02:58 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

i'd recommend psyche meds. but not the prescription kind, unless you can get lsd by prescription and use it in an appropriate setting to facilitate a productive experience

--------------------
i love you

Offlinelearningtofly
Ancient Aliens
Male

Re: How do you help someone who's severely bipolar get/maintain a job? [Re: owls]
    #13683050 - 12/25/10 01:16 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Meds are not working. If you dont mean Rx what else could you be talking about? I'm not going to give her LSD

--------------------

Offlinedickpayne00
Adult
Male User Gallery

#13683541 - 12/25/10 03:54 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah psychedelics are a terrible idea.  My brother use to be a fiend and got his hands on some once.  6'4 200 pound psychopath.  Lithium worked well to even him out and just getting his head on straight helped the most.

It is a disability,  and being worried about income and where your going to stay only facilitates being bipolar.

She needs a serious psychologist to prescribe her proper medication and some sort of stable income. If she cant get social security maybe a low stress job with a family member or loved one. 

Otherwise its a bad road to be on.

--------------------

Offlinebendychicken
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Central Florida Flag
    #13683558 - 12/25/10 04:01 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I firmly believe that the 2 underlying conditions that cause someone to be bipolar are poor diet and traumatic experience. Good diet and spiritual healing can work wonders. This however requires much hard work to change ones life style and as a consequence many will never get better.

It's a chemical imbalance in the brain caused by poor input(both physical and psychological) to the body.

Addition: To make it simple, take care of your brain and it will take care of you. Also, antipsychotic drugs do far more permanent harm then the temporary good they do.

Edited by bendychicken (12/25/10 04:04 PM)

Offlinedickpayne00
Adult
Male User Gallery

Re: How do you help someone who's severely bipolar get/maintain a job? [Re: bendychicken]
    #13684242 - 12/25/10 07:37 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I'll agree with that statement.  Good physical and psychological health are detrimental.  A major hurdle is that no matter how much you want someone to change they have to want that change for themselves. 

Anti psychotic drugs do a lot of damage to the body, but they may be necessary to start a healthier path in life.

--------------------

Invisibleowls
just let go!

Re: How do you help someone who's severely bipolar get/maintain a job? [Re: bendychicken]
    #13684584 - 12/25/10 09:19 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

bendychicken said:
I firmly believe that the 2 underlying conditions that cause someone to be bipolar are poor diet and traumatic experience. Good diet and spiritual healing can work wonders. This however requires much hard work to change ones life style and as a consequence many will never get better.

It's a chemical imbalance in the brain caused by poor input(both physical and psychological) to the body.

Addition: To make it simple, take care of your brain and it will take care of you. Also, antipsychotic drugs do far more permanent harm then the temporary good they do.

:thumbup:

--------------------
i love you

InvisibleMisterMuscaria
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #13684588 - 12/25/10 09:21 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Im severely bipolar myself and a head doctor once told me "youll never be able to hold a job or relationship for more than 6 months"

So far it's held true.
:frown:

Also, i dont think it has anything to do with diet since i eat better than 99% of people I know. I have another friend with bipolar and she also eats better than most people I know. We both exercise regularly too.

I think it's more of an innate chemical imbalance than something brought about by trauma, bad food, etc.

Some rather strange statistics though; something like 90+% of homeless people are bipolar (though not all bipolars are homeless) and an even higher percentage than that have smoked or currently smoke weed heavily.

Invisibleowls
just let go!

Re: How do you help someone who's severely bipolar get/maintain a job? [Re: MisterMuscaria]
    #13684647 - 12/25/10 09:40 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

well, you're obviously pretty intelligent, right? learn to roll with it man.

believe me when i say that i have "mental disorders" as well, but the second you stop buying into that bullshit and giving it power it goes away

:dancer:

--------------------
i love you

InvisibleMisterMuscaria
Male User Gallery

#13684659 - 12/25/10 09:45 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

That's what i keep telling myself.

Its in no way a lack of intelligence that prevents me from maintaining employment, so much as a lack of impulse control and rational mood control.

Offlinebendychicken
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: How do you help someone who's severely bipolar get/maintain a job? [Re: MisterMuscaria]
    #13684660 - 12/25/10 09:45 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

MisterMuscaria said:
Im severely bipolar myself and a head doctor once told me "youll never be able to hold a job or relationship for more than 6 months"

So far it's held true.
:frown:

Also, i dont think it has anything to do with diet since i eat better than 99% of people I know. I have another friend with bipolar and she also eats better than most people I know. We both exercise regularly too.

I think it's more of an innate chemical imbalance than something brought about by trauma, bad food, etc.

Some rather strange statistics though; something like 90+% of homeless people are bipolar (though not all bipolars are homeless) and an even higher percentage than that have smoked or currently smoke weed heavily.

I'm curious what you define "eating good".....

InvisibleMisterMuscaria
Male User Gallery

#13684670 - 12/25/10 09:47 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

No chemical laden foods, low fat, low cholesterol, low trans fats, absolutely no fast food

Healthy things like hemp, avocado, fish, tempeh, wheat grass, whole grains, legumes, etc.

I get plenty of calories and amino acids. I dont eat any red meat or fatty foods whatsoever. I hardly ever partake in deep fried things or refined sugars.

Offlinedickpayne00
Adult
Male User Gallery

#13684671 - 12/25/10 09:48 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Roll with it

--------------------

OfflineMaharishi_2_U
Opt Out Super Fag
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Streets Flag
    #13684677 - 12/25/10 09:49 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I have been diagnosed ADD as a child, bipolar, mpd, teens/twenties and skits, and of course depression/anxiety later in life.
I think it is an excuse for not accepting life on lifes terms PERIOD.
But I am no Doctor.

InvisibleMisterMuscaria
Male User Gallery

Re: How do you help someone who's severely bipolar get/maintain a job? [Re: Maharishi_2_U]
    #13684688 - 12/25/10 09:53 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah, i dont completely buy into it.

i just see people who supposedly have milder forms than mine go to pieces and wonder how Im still able to function.

Offlinebendychicken
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#13684728 - 12/25/10 10:06 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Well assuming those aren't processed foods, I'd say you've got it covered.

What about drugs?

What is the general level of environmental stress in your life?

Invisibleowls
just let go!

#13684860 - 12/25/10 10:42 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

honestly, i have a lot of very "out there" thoughts sometimes that i know if i were to actually vocalize to a doctor, i would be labeled schizophrenic..

we aren't really crazy, we're just special, unique, and often rather intelligent people. infact in my experience that is always the case, those of us labeled with a "mental illness" are usually exceptionally intelligent, and i honestly believe people like us have the ability to feel on a much deeper level

i'll go even further to say that we perceive things that most others cannot, we feel energies that many people are not aware of. this energy flows through every living thing, some just aren't aware of it. that's what fucks with people like ours' heads. we feel negativity and no love so we do not thrive. we are spiritual beings

personally, i was the mistake of two drug addicts fucking and was adopted into a christian family. i went through my younger life with them trying to control me and not allowing me to be who i really was.. so i learned to push everything inside. i was labeled adhd, ocd, you name it. i never knew love was actually a real feeling that people experience because my parents did not know how to teach with love. it's still hard for me to be around my family sometimes, i have to consciously remind myself that i can't always take everything they say seriously because it goes against what i know now. i had to accept the fact that they don't know how to truly love me for who i am because every essence of me goes against their bullshit morals. when you attempt to believe something that is not true, it fucks with your head. that's why letting yourself believe that you are actually different from people in a "mentally diseased" way will seriously fuck with your head. try not accepting something that is real in a trip, you will have a bad trip. well remember that reality is just that, a trip.

i would honestly not be able to function in society, and i would be crazy and obsessive and stuck inside my own mind had i never opened the door and eaten mushrooms that first time.

even now, i rely on dextroamphetamine to work my job serving at a restaurant. if i did not have this medication i would not be able to hold this job because there is absolutely no interest there. it's not my passion. my ability to feel energy has become so strong that my head will become clouded and i will not be able to think straight around certain energies. in instances like this, i tend to appear zombie-ish or "out of it" to judgemental observers.

anyways, that's all i have for now. i hope i was able to help someone

:heart: everyone

--------------------
i love you

Edited by owls (12/25/10 10:55 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag