Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineCockyMandrill
addict

Re: Respecting the Sacred Mushroom [Re: deep_umbra]
    #1373396 - 03/13/03 03:36 PM (21 years, 21 days ago)

ITs just sad seeing people using something that can teach you anything you want to know and show you how to live a better life to just waste some time cause there bored.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: Respecting the Sacred Mushroom [Re: CockyMandrill]
    #1374366 - 03/14/03 12:54 AM (21 years, 20 days ago)

How do you know if someone else's time is wasted of not? Seem rather presumptious that you know what is best for another. Doesn't the mushroom teach not to judge?

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Offlinequemo
dontknowitall

Loc: worldcitizen
Re: Respecting the Sacred Mushroom [Re: CockyMandrill]
    #1374375 - 03/14/03 12:59 AM (21 years, 20 days ago)

swami, i know you've eaten mushrooms lots a times. And a side of the point you've made: did you never ever experience some mindgobbling revelations that, in some degree, manifest itself either positively or negatively in your normal life??

I myself am as much of a sceptic as you in many 'paranormal', 'UFO' or whatever kind of theories some ppl present here as absolute 'truths', but never ever would I degrade the profound life-altering mushroom-experiences to some 'pretty fractal visions'. Are these experiences 'sacred'?? Well to ME they are, and that is what counts isn't it?? But sacred in the way a mothers' love is sacred, sacred as i see the beauty of nature. Sacred as i charish my filosphical tendencies to view the world. Sacred, i guess, as in something i cannot grasp, but nevertheless is very right-down-to-earth, not something 'supernatural'......

exuse my english by the way....it's not bad...but its certainly not great either.. :frown:

Anonymous

Re: Respecting the Sacred Mushroom [Re: Swami]
    #1374568 - 03/14/03 02:54 AM (21 years, 20 days ago)

You are conflating respect with reverence.

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
Re: Respecting the Sacred Mushroom [Re: quemo]
    #1374747 - 03/14/03 03:58 AM (21 years, 20 days ago)

Quote:

Are these experiences 'sacred'?? Well to ME they are, and that is what counts isn't it?? But sacred in the way a mothers' love is sacred, sacred as i see the beauty of nature. Sacred as i charish my filosphical tendencies to view the world. Sacred, i guess, as in something i cannot grasp, but nevertheless is very right-down-to-earth, not something 'supernatural'......

Well said, that's the way I would look at it. :cool:

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: Respecting the Sacred Mushroom [Re: ]
    #1374987 - 03/14/03 05:16 AM (21 years, 20 days ago)

Are you saying that I regularly perform conflatio?

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
    #1375024 - 03/14/03 05:27 AM (21 years, 20 days ago)

Conflating?

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #1375106 - 03/14/03 05:54 AM (21 years, 20 days ago)

Quote:

Mushrooms aren't sacred in themself, they are only sacred to individuals to wish to interpret them as such.

Exactly. Everything in this life is how you interprept it. Or how you decide to see it. I'm sure there are people that would trip to watermelon seeds if they thought it would make them trip (reminds me of the banana peel).
Swami, do you get more pleasure out of tripping on mushroomz or by trying to "prove" that they aren't a big deal? We are given the choice to either believe they are sacred or that they are not. So you decide if they are or not for yourself, and let other people decide for themselves too, instead of you telling them that they aren't.
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Anonymous

Re: Respecting the Sacred Mushroom [Re: Murex]
    #1375353 - 03/14/03 07:30 AM (21 years, 20 days ago)

Quote:

Conflating?

Conflate 1. To bring together; meld or fuse: &#8220;They ingeniously conflated other characters and incidents to provide an op?ra-comique setting&#8221; (Andrew Porter).

OfflineCockyMandrill
addict

#1375425 - 03/14/03 07:57 AM (21 years, 20 days ago)

"How do you know if someone else's time is wasted of not? Seem rather presumptious that you know what is best for another. Doesn't the mushroom teach not to judge? "

I do consider doing shrooms for just some laughs and visuals is a waste of time. Plenty things are a waste of time. Why do you think most American citizens spend so much money on entertainment? Its cause we have too much time on our hands and not much else to do besides find fun ways to make it pass.

Invisible1stimer
Religion=Rape
Loc: Amerika
Re: Respecting the Sacred Mushroom [Re: Earth_Droid]
    #1381863 - 03/16/03 04:38 PM (21 years, 18 days ago)

hell no i wouldnt want to be on shrooms when i was about to die. that would be a definate negative setting and a bad trip.

--------------------
ash dingy donker mo gollyhopper patty popiton rockstop bueno mayo riggedy jig bobber johnathan pattywhacker gogboob t-shirt monkey.

There is such emotion in the distortion.

OfflineGRiMBLe_GRuMBLe
journeyman
Loc: Alabama, Land of Cubensis
Re: Respecting the Sacred Mushroom [Re: 1stimer]
    #1381947 - 03/16/03 05:25 PM (21 years, 18 days ago)

I think the reason they are considered "sacred" is because of their ability to open the mind to a greater awareness of existence. I am grateful for all my trips but...

I dont worship the shroom itself, i worship the divinity that the mushroom guided me towards

--------------------
Free Yourself From Yourself

Offlineshaggy101
Male

Loc: ..still waiting for godot
Re: Respecting the Sacred Mushroom [Re: GRiMBLe_GRuMBLe]
    #1381953 - 03/16/03 05:31 PM (21 years, 18 days ago)

Quote:

I dont worship the shroom itself, i worship the divinity that the mushroom guided me towards

nicely put.

Invisibletekramrepus
Female User Gallery
Re: Respecting the Sacred Mushroom [Re: shaggy101]
    #1381984 - 03/16/03 05:42 PM (21 years, 18 days ago)

The mushroom itself is not what is sacred.

The state of mind achieved from teh mushroom is what I consider sacred, or special if you will. Its a state of mind I'm priveldged enough to experience, so you better believe Im thankful.

Food in itself is sacred to me as well, simply because its sustaining life. Life is the greatest gift I've recieved thus far, and whatever helps me keep it is sacred , or atleast very, very great to me :smile:

OfflineViveka
refutation bias
 User Gallery

Re: Respecting the Sacred Mushroom [Re: 1stimer]
    #1382103 - 03/16/03 06:54 PM (21 years, 17 days ago)

Quote:

hell no i wouldnt want to be on shrooms when i was about to die. [/quote

There'snever been a time when you thought you were abou to die or had gone "too far" when you were trippin hard? I think mushrooms could be an intense gateway to the *actual* death experience, but i agree, it might thrwo you off balance for the "final" exit.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds