Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Magic Mushrooms of New Guinea: Part One, Identification
    #1362973 - 03/10/03 11:13 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

These pages in two parts were sent to me frm an antrhropolgist downunder.

Be sure to see part two in a second post for this subject of New Guinea shrooms.

mj

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Magic Mushrooms of New Guinea: Part One, Identification [Re: mjshroomer]
    #1362985 - 03/10/03 11:19 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Good info! A++ post :smile:

InvisibleG a n j a
Pictish and proud
 User Gallery

Loc: Zone ate
    #1362990 - 03/10/03 11:20 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Nice :smile: sounds like quite a gold mine.I'd love to visit there.
Have you ever visited Burma Mj?Or know of any strains doing the rounds that origanated from there?
o0(wonder if the girlfriend will fall for that as a honey moon)

--------------------
er

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: Magic Mushrooms of New Guinea: Part One, Identification [Re: G a n j a]
    #1363148 - 03/10/03 12:29 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

There will be some Burmese cubensis prints around pretty soon. Not sure from who sincew I gave the prints to four people.

A Thai student present me with the prints from yangon, Myanmar.

I gave them away to Europeans and Workman. SO some may appear soon oin the market.

mj

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
    #1363152 - 03/10/03 12:31 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Warning.

There are headhunters in New Guinea so i really doubt if any shroomers from the shroomery would be going there to hunt for these shrooms but the info is valid.

mj

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

#1363565 - 03/10/03 03:18 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah, and you never know, Bush could be testing WMD on New Guinea here soon so Id watch out... :grin: :grin:

InvisibleG a n j a
Pictish and proud
 User Gallery

Loc: Zone ate
    #1364758 - 03/11/03 03:49 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Maybe some of our australian friends from here can pop over to get some spore prints :smile: as i cantsee a head hunter wonting to hang an ozzy head on his wall
j/k

--------------------
er

Anonymous

#1365247 - 03/11/03 07:07 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
Re: Magic Mushrooms of New Guinea: Part One, Identification [Re: ]
    #1366133 - 03/11/03 11:50 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Couple of points there John. There havent been reports of headhunters in New Guinea for a long, long time. Even when it was reported there, it was just as prevelant in areas of Eastern Malaysia.
You are right in that Port Moresby, the capital of Papua New Guinea is rated as one of the top three most dangerous and lawless cities in the world. Infact, Australian troops stationed there were informed that often people will fall out of trees as you drive along on the street. They were told that it is important that if you hit them, not to stop, as they will almost certainly kill you if you do.
Interesting read there John - although did you say that an Anthopoligist published it?

--------------------

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: Magic Mushrooms of New Guinea: Part One, Identification [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #1366346 - 03/11/03 01:07 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

HI Blue Meanie, yes an anthropologist did write the papers and they have just been submitteed somewhere , he said they are probably now (in press),

AS for the New Guinea thing I was reminded of the old Jacque Cousteau expedition (the son, not the father) and the group who cross New Zealand and how many actually survive the experience. many died along the way and they did meet some cannibals in the documentary, several of the party turned back, a few died along the way.

I am sure ift is archived somewhere in the Nat. Geo website or int heir history.

AS for the shrooms, there seems to be more interest in the Boletes and the Heimella's and the Rusullas than in the Psilocybes.

The kumaenorum and the Paupaua are most definately entheogenic as thaey stain blue green.

The others are suspect.
But onbe is most probably not.

It is not a cool place.

And I am reminded that when mark MErlin went to Yap and Cuuck Isleand in the Marshalls to study the flora and fauna, he had a guard at his door of his bungalow each night while there ebcasue the locals get machette happy with tourists.

mj

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
    #1366761 - 03/11/03 03:57 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Ha! Good stuff! Do you know of any Russulas that are actually edible and dont taste like hot pepper??
Papua New Guinea is a dangerous country, as is West Papua or Irian Jaya where there is a strong independence movement - as its controlled by Resource hungry Indonesia.
Maybe they wanted to machette all the tourists because they got so pissed off with the american presense in the Marshall Islands during WWII... Apparent the americans were a little naughty on some of those places.
I think another interesting area is New Ireland and Bougainville which im sure is lush and full of new species.
Planning another trip MJ?? :smile: 

--------------------

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: Magic Mushrooms of New Guinea: Part One, Identification [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #1367710 - 03/12/03 01:47 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

When I( worked on the Plants of Cuuck and Yap, we found that it was the Peace Corp which brought the marijuana to the islands. Cuuks sell spiffs for five bucks a peace of ereal high grade smoke.

It is the distribution point for Oceanea and the pacific and all of the Marshalls.

Yap on the other hand does not allow bikinis on women and it is the number one snokling and sopt for growth. The Japanese fleet was sunk their and the coral gardens are unbelievable.

mj

I havew seen [pictures of the atolls and they are beautiful. I wonder what the natives there thought whent he first ships sailed into their ports. Isiands surrounded by other smaller islands.

very bearutiful.

mj

Have spome slides somewhere should post them if I cna find them.

John

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains