Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBrero
Mc
 User Gallery
what are stronger psilocybe cyanescens or Copelandia Cyanescens
    #5748015 - 06/14/06 12:19 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I recently tried to buy a Copelandia Cyanescens spore print from a smart shop in Amsterdam. The outer packaging was clearly labled "Copelandia Cyanescens" but when i opened it a few days later and no longder in Amsterdam i found that on the paper the print was on was written "psilocybe cyanescens". Am i at a total loss?

I know that psilocybe cyanescens is a wood lover. i have never grown a wood lover. Is it much harder?

are psilocybe cyanescens not as strong as Copelandia cyanescens?

any help with these questions would be much apreciated.

--------------------
Dont matter how many times the ball bounces, There is still no bones in ice cream

Death to out of focus photos! Use the manual focus people!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: what are stronger psilocybe cyanescens or Copelandia Cyanescens [Re: Brero]
    #5748141 - 06/14/06 12:58 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Most seem to say ps. cyans are more potent, but... they're both strong.

Yes, it is harder to cultivate ps. cyan if you were planning to do it indoor. It's more of an outdoor, yearlong project. Though certainly worth it.

It's also possible that the print was mislabeled and it is not ps. cyan? Were they selling ps. cyan at all? Seems like you might want to germinate it on agar and have some of the pros take a look (if the two are easily identifiable against each other?)

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

OfflineBrero
Mc
 User Gallery
Re: what are stronger psilocybe cyanescens or Copelandia Cyanescens [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #5748417 - 06/14/06 02:44 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Outdoor hey? could be tough..i live in a unit. ill look into it though.

They were also selling Ps Cyan. So maybe it has been mislabeled...which could be tough. as i dont know any pros personally.

--------------------
Dont matter how many times the ball bounces, There is still no bones in ice cream

OfflineIamthewalrus Happy Birthday!
every evening Idied and everynight I wasreborn
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario
    #5748458 - 06/14/06 03:08 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

unless u've had some experience growing mushrooms its gonna be tough to tackle a woodlover like ps. cyans...but certainly can be done

OfflineBrero
Mc
 User Gallery
Re: what are stronger psilocybe cyanescens or Copelandia Cyanescens [Re: Iamthewalrus]
    #5748591 - 06/14/06 04:34 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I dont have much expirience. So far i have 3 batches of Cubes under my belt. I do think i have a fair understanding of the process and conditions needed for growing cubes. With some good research and a little care do you think it would be much harder to grow some wood lovers? I also have Sub spores that i wanna have a go at some day.

--------------------

Edited by Brero (06/14/06 04:37 AM)

OfflineIamthewalrus Happy Birthday!
every evening Idied and everynight I wasreborn
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario
    #5748609 - 06/14/06 04:46 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

to be honest I've only gotten as far as mycelium on millet...it was no harder than cubes up to that point but I know its after this that things get tricky...indoors its very hard, outdoors its totally possible and many do it but ur def wanna do some reading first

Invisibleshamantra
hobbyethnobotanist

Loc: ¯\(º_o)/¯
Re: what are stronger psilocybe cyanescens or Copelandia Cyanescens [Re: Iamthewalrus]
    #5921209 - 08/01/06 07:34 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

isnt copelandia and psilocybe cyanescens same musrhoom?? i thought so at least heh

--------------------
note: english is my 3rd languange, please ignore misspelling and poor english, im doing my best :smile:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ug98TKkWKy0

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
Re: what are stronger psilocybe cyanescens or Copelandia Cyanescens [Re: shamantra]
    #5924364 - 08/02/06 03:36 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Ps.cyanescens and allies (Ps.subaeruginosa and Ps.azurescens) are by far the most potent group of mushrooms around - most woodlovers are (Ps.weilli, Ps.aucklandii, etc)
Panaeolus cyanescens is about half as potent fresh and about 1/3 as potent or less dried (although they dry too nothing)

--------------------

OfflineMoonchild7
Dabbler
 User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Re: what are stronger psilocybe cyanescens or Copelandia Cyanescens [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #13666346 - 12/21/10 03:08 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I am a beginner and in my experience P. cyanescens are not difficult to grow indoors as long as you have hard-wood chips (preferably alder.  I got mine from a grocery store, where they were sold in small bags for smoking meat. 

I just boiled the chips for about an hour , put them in a plastic container, let them cool and put a P. Cyan mycelium culture in the middle under some of the chips and keep them at 75-80 degrees F.  Also, I make sure to keep the chips very moist but no standing water.

The only part I don't know about is Germinating the spores.  I've never done that before.

--------------------
"If you think you know what the hell is going on, you're probably full of shit." RAW

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies