Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisibletak_old
Endo Smoke

Loc: State of confusion
Will we make it?
    #1364155 - 03/10/03 07:51 PM (21 years, 24 days ago)

As it looks, we have had technology in the past, and history has repeated itself more than once. It is a race... Do you think we will get to the Spiritual being mark before we destroy our own race?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: Will we make it? [Re: tak_old]
    #1364158 - 03/10/03 07:54 PM (21 years, 24 days ago)

That's an individual quest, not the quest of humanity as a whole. No, the conformist masses will not achieve that state, but some enlightened seekers may eventually do just that.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
    #1364347 - 03/10/03 11:14 PM (21 years, 23 days ago)

Yes. We have reached the threshold.

--------------------

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
Re: Will we make it? [Re: silversoul7]
    #1364980 - 03/11/03 05:19 AM (21 years, 23 days ago)

Quote:

That's an individual quest, not the quest of humanity as a whole.

Yep.

The key to 'saving' humanity is the progress of individuals. Humanity is an abstraction, you, your friends, your family members, your neighbors can all become better individuals and by so doing will advance 'humanity.' "Take care of the little things and the big things will take care of themselves."

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

InvisibleXibalba
Stranger
Re: Will we make it? [Re: Evolving]
    #1365264 - 03/11/03 07:14 AM (21 years, 23 days ago)

If we as a species prove incapable of saving ourselves, then we are not worth saving and the planet will be better off after our extinction.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1365288 - 03/11/03 07:22 AM (21 years, 23 days ago)

I've started to find it much mor comforting to think that "WE" will indeed make it, but with "WE" meaning Planet Earth, not necassarily the human race.

Who knows, maybe we WILL blow up almost every living organism and wipe out all the "progress" we've made so far, but I believe that Earth will STILL be able to evolve something new that will succeed where we fail as a species, if necessary.

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Offlinedebianlinux
Myconerd - DBK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Over There
Re: Will we make it? [Re: Strumpling]
    #1365827 - 03/11/03 09:56 AM (21 years, 23 days ago)

i disagree with that strumpling. "we" know for a fact that the sun will one day burn this planet up as that is the nature of a star's lifespan. therefore "we" would have to be the human race. i think that we have pussy-footed around far too long with learning to explore space and colonize new planets. that is our future, no way around it. thankfully we have a few billion years to figure it out.

Offlinejohnnyfive
Burning withCircles!
Loc: Hell
Re: Will we make it? [Re: silversoul7]
    #1366142 - 03/11/03 11:55 AM (21 years, 23 days ago)

"That's an individual quest, not the quest of humanity as a whole"

Indeed, the coming war is about the individual, not the masses.

--------------------
And the gameshow host rings the buzzer (brrnnntt) oh and now you get a face full of face!

Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Loc: sailing the seas of chees...
    #1366174 - 03/11/03 12:09 PM (21 years, 23 days ago)

I really like Terence McKenna's idea on this. He says that planet earth is sort of a living conciousness and it senses trouble for itself in the future, such as our sun exploding.  Therefore, it has turned monkeys into a technological species in order for us to leave our cradle behind (earth) and head for the start where we will be the only remained part of planet earth is the galaxy.  So in this respect, we as human beings are exremely important to the earth but we have made very many mistakes and bad decisions.  The fate of earth really is in our hands because there will never be another species like us again.

There is also an intersting story in how he came up with this theory.  One day he was sitting outside infront of this dead tree (it was still standing, didnt fall over)  that had a vine growing on it.  This green vine totally engulfed the entire tree except for this one big branch and Terence was annoyed with why the vine didnt wanna grow there. And then all of a sudden the branch just broke off the tree and fell to the ground! So it seems the plant somehow sensed the danger in growing on that branch and avoided it.  :laugh: Now reread the first paragraph.

OfflineEvilGir
Im the on coming storm

Loc: Planet Irk
Re: Will we make it? [Re: chodamunky]
    #1367463 - 03/11/03 09:36 PM (21 years, 23 days ago)

Yeah but I think the earth sees that most of the technologicly advanced monkeys are screwed in the head and are obsseded with the destruction of the earth and each other.  So the earth is going to say good bye to monkey form and try something diffrent.

I think a few Monkey will survive but will be taken to DMT hyperspace, the rest will come back as the dolphine race. :grin: say in another 1 million years time if where lucky. 

--------------------
Fighting the man the best way I can.

Offlinecreach
holist
Loc: Oceania
Re: Will we make it? [Re: EvilGir]
    #1370552 - 03/12/03 06:09 PM (21 years, 22 days ago)

The trouble is the time it takes to evolve a sapient species. If we totally fuck this up, the earth may not be able to evolve another species as 'intelligent' as us before the sun blows up/dies etc.

--------------------
Big Brother is watching you because you are watching Big Brother

OfflineKemist
Soul ComponentsPrototype IssueM11983MF50 (x_x)

Loc: The Orgin
Re: Will we make it? [Re: creach]
    #1370873 - 03/12/03 08:01 PM (21 years, 22 days ago)

well how far would you go to save yourself?

most of us dont want to die .... most of us are scared of death .... so if most of us want to live i figure when push comes to shove we'll change out habits and go for survival. we may be crazy primates but we're capable of some wonderful and crazy stunts when it's needed!

like said above ... "Take care of the little things and the big things will take care of themselves."

--------------------
Rafa (x_X)

fuck a sig

OfflineAislingGheal
A wave on the ocean
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Northern Ohio
Re: Will we make it? [Re: chodamunky]
    #1371126 - 03/12/03 11:08 PM (21 years, 21 days ago)

Terence McKenna also said "There are no points for good tries in the evolutionary game, its a make or break deal." I would agree with this, the outcome is open-ended, but I have hope that Humanity will ultimately make it. Hope is necessary to face up to an uncertain future.

--------------------

"I hate having to pick between the lesser of two evils. But I'm glad Obama was elected. McCain was another war monger. I'd rather deal with our country going into debt than trying to take on afghanistan...oh wait FUCK!" - Fungus_tao

InvisibleTheHateCamel
Research &Development -DBK
    #1371297 - 03/13/03 02:32 AM (21 years, 21 days ago)

Edited by TheHateCamel (12/05/07 09:15 PM)

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
Re: Will we make it? [Re: TheHateCamel]
    #1371525 - 03/13/03 04:30 AM (21 years, 21 days ago)

I can't decide on how I stand on this, but I hope humanity will overcome what it needs to.

.......but sometimes I hope we'll all become extinct.

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

OfflineLoverofEarth
spirit on ajourney

Loc: the in-between
    #1371549 - 03/13/03 04:43 AM (21 years, 21 days ago)

Last night I was reading and it finally hit me, Ureka!. I was looking down at my body, and it dawned on me. I am a spirit inside this vessel, a very funny looking vessel I might add.  :laugh: With every action I take I am trying to keep that afloat in my mind. As confined as we think we are to this material world, it is just one step on a very long road ahead.

InvisibleTheHateCamel
Research &Development -DBK
    #1371557 - 03/13/03 04:46 AM (21 years, 21 days ago)

Edited by TheHateCamel (12/05/07 09:15 PM)

Invisibletak_old
Endo Smoke

Loc: State of confusion
Re: Will we make it? [Re: TheHateCamel]
    #1371815 - 03/13/03 06:18 AM (21 years, 21 days ago)

no

OfflineDavid_Scape
Anti Genius
Male

Loc: U.S. of muthafuckin A.
    #1372009 - 03/13/03 07:28 AM (21 years, 21 days ago)

Damn, i wish i would've caught this thread earlier. I've always enjoyed thinking about this topic even if my outlook was grim...
The truth as I see it, is that our survival has been a combination of social amiability and intelligence, without these we cannot meet the standards of 'oneness' that is needed to survive as a species in the middle of an indifferent universe. It's a given, that you need to be able to challenge (as opposed to amiability) what is considered truth, but challenge can still exist in a more cooperative-natured type society. For instance, in a society whose nature is like that of ants, there would be no need for aggresive challenging, let alone any type of aggresive war, within the species.
Social amiability and intelligence is the only thing on our side.
The main crux is that we are trying, endlessly, to compensate for the hierarchical or the more 'dark side' of our nature with government and laws. And rightly so, we need to buy time.

--------------------
focusing
Flow
The Enneagram

Edited by David_Scape (03/13/03 07:30 AM)

OfflineScarfmeister
Thrill Seeker
Loc: The will to power
Re: Will we make it? [Re: David_Scape]
    #1372344 - 03/13/03 09:11 AM (21 years, 21 days ago)

We will live forever. When the times come and the human race face extinction we will prevail. We will suck this earth dry and when there is nothing more for us to exploit we will find other ways.
Humans dont care about something that will happen in several hundred years. When the time comes, then and only then will we work toghether to overcome our problems.

--------------------
--------------------
We're the lowest of the low, the scum of the fucking earth!

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck