Home | Community | Message Board

Myco Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: San Pedro

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinejohnnyfive
Burning withCircles!
Loc: Hell
Being nice
    #1365235 - 03/11/03 09:00 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Being nice

Its like you can't even be nice to ANYONE, anymore. If you attempt to be nice, you get screwed. Here's a couple examples:

I gave this old friend i thought knew, a joint (hydro joint), for free. He comes back to rob me! I do a lot of nice things for my brother. Like when he had a bill that he owed me (800) dollars, i knock off a 100 dollars. Why? (because im stupid actually) Because being nice must come second nature to me or something. When i sell him something i usually don't sell it to him for the full price i payed for it, but when he trys to sell me something, he loves raping the money from me. Or like when im out on the town and were hungry, and i have some money, ill just buy us some food, but he never helps me out.

Up until my first mescaline trip ive mannaged to stay non-compassionate (not being nice), for the last couple of years. Now its like it an uncontrolable, action. AND I HATE IT, it gets me screwed to many times.

--------------------
And the gameshow host rings the buzzer (brrnnntt) oh and now you get a face full of face!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: Being nice [Re: johnnyfive]
    #1365278 - 03/11/03 09:19 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Sounds like an ego issue :wink:

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Offlinejohnnyfive
Burning withCircles!
Re: Being nice [Re: Strumpling]
    #1365302 - 03/11/03 09:26 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Please explain? i would like to figure this one out.

--------------------
And the gameshow host rings the buzzer (brrnnntt) oh and now you get a face full of face!

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
    #1365344 - 03/11/03 09:39 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Well it sounds like you may be too concerned with other peoples' acceptance of you.. but of course I'm not you so I dunno man I could be WAY off

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
    #1365396 - 03/11/03 10:00 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

well i think its when you have to know when to stand up for yourself. sounds like your niceness getting the best of you? well yeas this has happened to me all my life, but it doesnt stop me from being nice. it only makes me smarter :smile: . and makes me realize i shouldnt trust devious people! you can see it in their eyes when they want something other than what you are capable or accepting of. if you let yourself act whorish your gonna have a bad time  :wink:  . just be smarter about how nice you are to people, i mean you dont have to be a little lamb up to slaughter you know? just play it safe, be able to see when people are going to do this crap when you give them that extra space. you can be nice and firm, its possible :smile: :laugh:

--------------------
What?

Offlinejohnnyfive
Burning withCircles!
Re: Being nice [Re: Strumpling]
    #1366137 - 03/11/03 01:53 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Its not that, basically i really don't care what people think of me.

When i ment "uncontrollable" i ment that im not thinking before i give shit a away. Im not greedy with anything, i really don't care much for alot of material things, so when i have more of something ill share.

When it comes to friends and such i just think its just assholes that would come back to rob a person over 5 to 10 grams of weed (with a fucking gun!). i know its a freak case, but that one got to me for the fact that I GAVE HIM FREE WEED, WHEN I WAS GOING TO CHARGE ON THAT ASS! And he shows me his true colors by coming back with a gun! Just fustrated ya know.

--------------------

Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Loc: sailing the seas of chees...
    #1366197 - 03/11/03 02:17 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

LOL, that dude is fucked up!  See I don't think it's you who has the problem of being too nice and wanting to share. No, we need more people like you  :laugh:, but it's the others who have the issues and do stupid stuff like you mentioned in your posts.  Greedy materialistic whores who can't appreciate your compassion towards them are sad human beings and I hope someday they will realize of how it causes them to mistreat fine people like yourself. 

OfflineLoverofEarth
spirit on ajourney

Loc: the in-between
Re: Being nice [Re: chodamunky]
    #1366285 - 03/11/03 02:48 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Man, what we need is a whole city of people like you. Utopia I tell you. Start a town with me, we will build paradise. :tongue:

Invisibleadrug

Re: Being nice [Re: LoverofEarth]
    #1366395 - 03/11/03 03:24 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I truly believe, because I'm a hopeless optimist, that you get what you give. If you treat people kindly and with respect, they will treat you the same. Of course, there are always those asshole exceptions, but those are a given.

Anonymous

#1366792 - 03/11/03 06:12 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Don't give anyone anything unless they ask for it.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
    #1367195 - 03/11/03 08:28 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

ahh ok heh.. well thats easier to take care of - stop giving stuff away :wink:

--------------------

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Re: Being nice [Re: LoverofEarth]
    #1367301 - 03/11/03 09:01 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

you got a pen too... lets start working!

--------------------
What?

OfflineEvilGir
Im the on coming storm

Loc: Planet Irk
Re: Being nice [Re: Zero7a1]
    #1367447 - 03/11/03 11:16 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I sorta know what you mean I am just the same but the way I see things is its only material things and if thoes people wanta to be ass holes and try and screw with me then I will just simple drop em. They no longer exist to me anymore.

I also beleive in you give what you get, because in the end it all comes back to you, be nice and nice things will happen, even if shit happens just accept it and things will still be fine. But be an ass hole then shit will hit the fan and the hole shit house will go up on flames.

Even I have just recently dropped a friends because I found he simple has turned into an ass hole. Ripping me of over a growlight and other stuff, but now hes gone crazy so I am staying away.

--------------------
Fighting the man the best way I can.

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Re: Being nice [Re: EvilGir]
    #1368441 - 03/12/03 09:04 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

well its not just material things people want, people do the same thing with sex and whatever else you can think of.

THAT is another and just a different means for what people do. they dont think about anyone else, only what they want, their own power, own pleasure, own enligtement, whatever.

Most people just have a complete dis regard for the nature and well being of others. Sometimes these people are crazy and will do anything they can to get their way, and the more "nice" you are in letting down your guard, the more vulnerable you become to their moves. you can still be nice and know when to push these people away.

you have to find people who value human life before any personal material gain, otherwise one day you will get the Golem look from someone, and who knows what they may try and steal from you. Its a Jungle out there!

my approach may seem cold, but ive been screwed by people and fucked with so many times, im not stupid enough or wanting to "be a victim " anymore. but in this Day and age, you have to watch your back.

you can judge everyone from some few bad experience so i still give people a chance and im still very nice to people, ive just learn how to play the hands well, and deal with things as i need to. :smile:

--------------------
What?

InvisibleTinMan
Stranger

Loc: Russia
    #1368549 - 03/12/03 09:42 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

If this is a supposed "friend", then I believe a serious ass-beating may be in order at this time. I'm not talking revenge, I'm talking what should be done when someone violates anothers trust. I'm also aware that he has a gun. Guns don't make you better, neither do any weapons for that matter. Its the way you stand up for yourself that makes your reputation. Anyone that uses guns to harass others or commit crimes is a pussy.

Edited by TheInvizibleMan (03/12/03 09:43 AM)

Offlinedumlovesyou
retired shroomer
 User Gallery

Loc: One dimension
    #1368722 - 03/12/03 10:41 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I thought of this things very much. I don't know if I got to any conclusion. I just think that what we call kindness is not really kindness.(maybe it is straight stupidness):) I saw people that were said to be cool and kind and they had nothing to do with it. It has to do with the way you play. I mean, I think you MUST show the guys you REALLY did a cool thing for them. MAKE them really understand you were kind. (not saying to them. "MAN you i am so kind") :laugh: I don't know..I am still thinking at this one :wink:  :grin:

--------------------
I see trees of green, psylocibe mushrooms too
I see them bloom for me and you
And I think to myself what a wonderful world

OfflinePassthedutchie
Stranger
Re: Being nice [Re: dumlovesyou]
    #1372160 - 03/13/03 10:17 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

man i feel for u, im just like that, im nice to ppl and when ur back is turned they bitch slap u. god what is wrong with ppl these days? i totally know what zero7a1 means with ppl only thinking about themselves, i especially know what he means about the sex. i like this girl in my school and she dated this guy who was older than me and he used her for sex and then dumped her, it makes me really pissed off that someone could do this to another human being. i mean i really like this girl and he did that to her.......it makes me sad what people do these days.

OfflineScarfmeister
Thrill Seeker
Loc: The will to power
Re: Being nice [Re: Passthedutchie]
    #1372318 - 03/13/03 11:02 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Continue being nice. I'm generous by nature and i know that some people likes to take advantage of that. I don't really care as the people who are being assholes notice pretty quickly what my opinion is of them.

Some people are helpless egos and its a good thing to spot them early so you can keep you distance. If your a good man, people will notice. And it will pay off in untold ways. People never forget assholes.

--------------------
--------------------
We're the lowest of the low, the scum of the fucking earth!

Offlineentiformatie
EvolutionaryMovements
Male
Loc: miami, florida
    #1372375 - 03/13/03 11:20 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

if only everybody was like you. oi. a perfekt world :-)

--------------------
/opinion
.sean

Offlinenamaste
RuNnINg OwL
 User Gallery

Loc: Fiddler's Green
Re: Being nice [Re: entiformatie]
    #1373413 - 03/13/03 05:44 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Don't give up, bro. Just try to become more assertive.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop for: San Pedro

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology