Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinedeusex420
Stranger
Seizuers
    #1364107 - 03/10/03 09:07 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

The other day i ate an 1/8 of cubensis which isnt anything new to me in fact i've eaten much more than this at one sitting before up to 3/8's to be precise. But this particular trip was like no other,, didnt get much off of them but i had a nice mellow fry for about 7 1/2 hours or so and i was just about down and i got the usual side and back cramps like always then all the sudden i was getting light headed and eventually fell over. now i've passed out before so i know what this feels like but this wasnt like a normal pass out i seemd somewhat consiouse throughtout the epidemic... anywho some of the people around said they think i was having a SEIZURE.... im wondering if anything has ever heard of anything like this before. im sorta worried.... I havent had any problems since the original occurance and i feel completely fine.... just a little freaked out, if anyone can gimmie some info on the matter i would be much appreciative

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinedeusex420
Stranger
Re: Seizuers [Re: deusex420]
    #1364779 - 03/11/03 05:55 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

anyone?

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
    #1364827 - 03/11/03 06:18 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

People have reported similar occurences, i don't think anyone was ever able to give a definitive answer.

Do you have epilepsy?

Anonymous

#1364836 - 03/11/03 06:22 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I've heard of this happening before.. seizures on mushrooms, that is.

Offlinedeusex420
Stranger
Re: Seizuers [Re: ]
    #1365833 - 03/11/03 11:57 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

no i do not have epilepsy... im wondering if it could be possibly my heavy alchohol intake as of lately or due to the fact that i coulda been dehydrated.

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
    #1365894 - 03/11/03 12:15 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

perhaps, we've never encountered a definitive answer to this question posed countless times, and i can think of no known reason why one would have seizures as a result.

Though i'm still skeptical as to exactly what is going on with these people as i've never witnessed it, a layman's interpretation of a seizure might not be one at all.

Offlinedeusex420
Stranger
Re: Seizuers [Re: neuro]
    #1365942 - 03/11/03 12:34 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

has anyone else who has reported similar occurance faced any resulting experiences?

OfflineThe FUnGal FiEnD
Mister, can youplease help mypony?

#1366038 - 03/11/03 01:14 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

this shit happens to me. its scary as hell. i think, personally, that it might be a pineal release of endogenous DMT. this is because during the experience, i hear high pitched voices and i see a line that reverberates as these voices talk. they sound like the noises you hear on N20, and say stuff like, "why are you here? you arent supposed to be here? oh well." After that i feel myself leaving that place, and i see a small circle containing the room i am physically in. The circle gets bigger and bigger until its my complete field of view again. I just got my cast off yesterday and im gonna type up a report of the phenomenon. Its happened to me 5-7 times and im still here. Its just really really really fucking scary/weird/crazy.

--------------------
"Don't believe the florist when he tells you that the roses are free." -- Ween

OfflineFunGuyFan
Stranger

Loc: Hack Hack Cough Cough
Re: Seizuers [Re: The FUnGal FiEnD]
    #1366377 - 03/11/03 03:19 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I do not have epilepsy but I have had 2 seizures b4. There are a few different kinds of seizures so I am only really familiar with the kind I have had. Mine are caused by high frequency strobes, which sucks because I love to go to raves and I can't really do that anymore. Too afraid. I have what are called grand mal's. When I am going into one my whole body feels like a corkscrew and I am literally spinning around (maybe just one turn) until I fall to the ground. Then my body procedes to tighten up and twitch around on the floor. These usually last for about 2 minutes, which is a really long time considering. Aterwards I can barely walk or function because I am so sore from the muscle spasms and I usually bite big chunks out of my tongue. The fucked up thing is I have been at clubs both times and both places kicked me out because they thought I was on drugs. Tell me what happened to you physically and how long it lasted. Oh yeah! Have you recently had a head injury, it doesn't even have to be a serious one. That can somehow cause paople to have seizures that never did b4. I think what caused me to start getting them was when I fell off of a 10 to 15 foot cliff face first. Not to long after that I noticed that my eyes would severely twitch in strobes but it was years til I had a seizure. http://www.erowid.org/ask/ask.cgi?ID=2837 Read this, it might help.

--------------------

"Don't touch me while your laughing maniacally"

Offlinedeusex420
Stranger
Re: Seizuers [Re: FunGuyFan]
    #1366703 - 03/11/03 05:27 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

well i was coming down and watching my friends play gta3 : vice city, the game was making me feel strange so i quit watching, went in the kitchen and started eating some pizza... next thing i know im feeling shitty and light headed then i keeled over, i was down and out for about 30 seconds id say... immediatly after the seizure everything i saw was bright red. i could here a loud ring and voices were faint but really noticable, i could see my body moving but could not feel a thing. quickly i regained vision and hearing and feeling, i was extremly sweaty and a little jolted by the whole thing.

Offlinescanner
Jedi Master
    #1366753 - 03/11/03 05:54 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

It sounds to me like you were dehydrated from drinking the alcohol, and you had a vertigo spell as a consequence. I have had many vertigo spells, and they seem similar to what you described. They can be brought on by dehydration. When I have them, I suddenly feel really out of, I start seeing bright light or stars in front of me if you will, and I cant walk, so I usually fall down or feel like I am about to pass out, and when they are over, I always have cold sweats. Although, I am not sure what was going on with you though, just a thought, hope it helps

Offlinethelivinglegend
Stranger
    #1366960 - 03/11/03 07:20 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

i have had an experience i think may have been a seizure.. it sounds very much like most of the posts here. I had smoked a lot of weed.. A LOT, and was VERY faded... then one of my friends gave me a cigarette.. when i the head rush i began to feel VERY faint and began to feel myself start to fall, i suddenly *sortof* forgot everything that was going on, and then suddenly found my self fallen into a puddle of mud, kicking violently "trying to get out"... as i remember, I WAS SEEING EVERYTHING IN PURPLE!! thats right PURPLE everything was tinted very purple for about 3 seconds and it felt like everything was sped up extremely fast and then i stood up, shook it off, and stared right at my friends like "wtf just happened" and i was covered in mud. I hope this helps, im not sure if it was a seizure but it seems like it could've been.

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #1367057 - 03/11/03 07:48 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

By the sound of it no-one knows the difference between a seizure or fainting or vertigo spells. Self-diagnosis is always notoriously inaccurate.

If the mushrooms arn't making you feel good, stop taking them.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

OfflineTheEggman
Mind-expandingStudent
Loc: Central California
Re: Seizuers [Re: Xlea321]
    #1367812 - 03/12/03 04:51 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I have not seen anyone pass out from mushrooms. Once, I saw a guy nearly pass out, then puke his brains out, then he was fine; I guess he learned never to eat a full meal before you shroom.

However, I have passed out of weed when I'm dehydrated. I had been drinking heavily the night before and only blazed 2 bowls (this is nothing for me as I'm a complete stoner), and I was in line at a hamburger joint and passed out. I just started feeling really stoned (seeing colors, feeling lightheaded) and boom, I fell over. It happened the day after I took 7 hits of acid as well.

Peace and love,
Tim.

--------------------
Peace and love,
Tim.

OfflineFunGuyFan
Stranger

Loc: Hack Hack Cough Cough
Re: Seizuers [Re: TheEggman]
    #1369498 - 03/12/03 03:10 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I have also passed out on weed and it is a totally different experience, I guess you could say it was more of a black out. I remember feeling faint and thinking that I needed to sit down. Then b4 I could act on it I could hear myself hitting the floor and everyone around me talking about what was going on but having no control over my body. Not too long afterward I came to and had some H2O and some crackers and was fine. So yes I do know the difference between passing out and seizures. I just know that there are many different types of seizures and I am not familiar with them all. For instance I know someone who is diabetic and his seizures are completely different than mine. When he seizes no one around can really tell for sure, he just appears to be nodding off and can't respondd to others very well. It is an iffy situation. It does not sound like you had a seizure, but then again video games have been known to onset them b4 in people who don't normally have those problems. especially if you have been tripping. Did you take a look at that link I provided? I hope I have helped you out some. I know how terrifying it can be to lose control like that. Take care!

--------------------

"Don't touch me while your laughing maniacally"

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #1370556 - 03/12/03 08:11 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Blackouts, seizures and temporary blindness are all symptoms of psychosomatic illness - effects often triggered by stress. Could mushrooms and other drugs cause stress in some people bringing on psychosomatic symptoms? Definately. But it's not the drugs causing the seizures, it's psychosomatic.

Here's a bit of info:

Psychosomatic illnesses are characterized by symptoms for which no physical cause can be found. People with these disorders are not faking symptoms. They truly believe that they are caused by serious illness.

In conversion disorder, which used to be called hysteria, emotional conflict and extreme stress are unconsciously converted into physical symptoms. Symptoms usually appear as the loss of a physical function. They may include paralysis, seizures, false pregnancy, blindness or the inability to walk or speak. Episodes are usually of sudden onset, brief and may recur. Characteristically, people with conversion disorder do not seem to be appropriately alarmed by their severe symptoms. Conversion disorders usually occur in adolescence or early adulthood. Symptoms may help the person avoid dealing with an internal conflict, avoid a disliked activity or get support from others that he or she might not otherwise receive. They usually disappear when the situation that caused it improves.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience