Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Offlineblujay
pass it b*ch!
Male User Gallery

Re: Buying a new Xbox 360: Suggestions? [Re: Society]
    #13703401 - 12/29/10 09:40 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Society said:
I had the old "Pro" 20GB system.  It was manufactured in 2006, RRoD, and I obviously cannot get it repaired for free.  It costs $100.  $100 for another broken piece shit.  Fuck no.

And of course Microsoft now solely manufacturers these new pieces of shit that are completely incompatible with my perfectly good hard drive.

So I'm stuck buying a new Xbox and am looking to buy one NEW- not refurbished.  I don't want these pointless new "slim" Xbox's with the retarded Kinect bullshit.  I'd like ANY old model that is reasonably priced.

Know where I can get an older model new and reasonably priced?

I'm awful trouble on eBay trying to find a decent deal.

I hate Christmas.  I hope Santa gets fucking rear-ended by a lear jet this year.

Don't get an older model. Get the slim. My brother got one for xmas. It like what the Xbox360 was mean to be. It runs quiet and cool. It vents out the side like some kind of space-jet, has integrated 250gb, HDMI port, and those trippy switches that work like reed switches where you tickle it and the tray opens or it turns on. Also it makes awesome beeping noise when you do either of those. And it's black.

WHy the flyign fuck would you pay more for hardware that's doomed to fail (larger chip die, poor heat dissipation design) is loud as hell, has less than 1/8 the potential storage, is larger, uglier, and shittier in every way...

They are not pointless. They are what the XBox 360 should have been if Microsoft wasn't such a bunch of greedy fuckups. You have no idea what you are talking about. I have owned, opened, and modified every model. The only model I would every buy again is the slim. All the others are like alcohol-syndrone cousins with ugly cleft pallete lip.

Get Forza 3. Get Halo Reach. Have fun. Don't worry about it ever again. Trust me...

--------------------

wat man rly

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSociety
Mmmm... pizza
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #13703412 - 12/29/10 09:42 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

It was decided earlier in this thread that I would get a slim.  My main deterrent was data transfer issues, my old HD becoming worthless, and price.

Quote:

Society said:
I believe that I have decided to get the new "slim" $300 Xbox 360.  I found transfer cables for cheap, and the new one supports the same AV/VGA cables which I use to play on my computer.  So I guess I'm sold.

Now the trick is finding a place where they aren't sold out.

--------------------
Delicious Pizza

Offlineblujay
pass it b*ch!
Male User Gallery

#13703451 - 12/29/10 09:49 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Society said:
It was decided earlier in this thread that I would get a slim.  My main deterrent was data transfer issues, my old HD becoming worthless, and price.

Quote:

Society said:
I believe that I have decided to get the new "slim" $300 Xbox 360.  I found transfer cables for cheap, and the new one supports the same AV/VGA cables which I use to play on my computer.  So I guess I'm sold.

Now the trick is finding a place where they aren't sold out.

A 20gb proprietary HD is worthless. We played air hockey with our old one today. Whoop de-do. Buy a transfer cable if the data's worth it. Yes it's proprietary, yes it sucks. Yes it's bullshit. Blah. That's what you get for being a console gamer. Can't wait to go home to my Coreduo and i5 buttbuddies.

Don't use RCA cables if you're using an HD display. That's stupid. Get an HDMI cable for cheap off the web and an HDMI to DVI plug. HDMI is just compact DVI. The difference will be astounding and will give you a signifigant advantage spotting enemies at distance in games like reach.

Also, have you heard? Halo doesn't suck anymore. I'm not a fan either, just somone who likes scifi and shooters. They fixed it, in every way imaginable. The lighting in the game is rivaled by none I have seen running on paltry game console hardware (at least during SP, it gets tuned down to handle split).

Short of Alan Wake anyway- Alan Wake is great if you find it cheap. Consoles can have games with deep concepts now, apparently. It's a once-through though.

--------------------

wat man rly

Offlineblujay
pass it b*ch!
Male User Gallery

Re: Buying a new Xbox 360: Suggestions? [Re: ToTheSummit]
    #13703539 - 12/29/10 10:13 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

ToTheSummit said:
Quote:

iateshaggy said:
i'm not trying to play fan boy here, just stating facts

Its OK to be a fan of one or the other.  I think we all know you are a fan of xBox.  Personally I think PS3 fanboys are just as annoying as xBox fanboys.  But you have to be honest and admit that, although both machines have had their issues,  xBox was always plagued with more hardware problems.

I love my PS3.  Its worked flawlessly for over 4 years.  And I bought the 60gig model with hardware emulation so I've never found a PS2 or PS1 game that wouldn't play perfectly as well.  But I know people who've had PS3s break and I know people with a 4 year old xBox that still runs fine.  A lot of times I think it has a lot to do with how people treat their machines.  I'll go to someones house and see their game system sitting on the ground in front of the TV with junk piled around it, always getting shuffled around, and getting kicked every time someone walks by.  And then they wonder why it broke!

The coreduo rig I have makes Starcraft 2 look nice on High settings with an old $40 8600. Telling me PC gaming costs more than console gaming proves conclusively you have no idea what you're talking about. Once I put a $100-150 GFX card in it, you will not be able to out-gfx it until there's a new generation of consoles, and at that point my options for upgrades for a comprable price will outrageously outpace what you'll be getting again.

In fact, if I had researched and not bought a card from a shady dealer, I would still ahve an 8800 and your PS3 could suck my 16x AA. No console is touching that.

Both machines cower in fear either of my gaming computers, both the i5 rig I just built my girlfriend, she spent about $800 on, and my old Core2Duo, which can now be had for signifigantly less- probably $500 (with peripherals). That's buying name brand too... if you aren't afraid of AMD you can do it signifigantly cheaper, and unlike a game console where you:

-Don't have to take the entire cost/investment hit at one time

(key to the doesn't have to cost more point)

-Never have to play for singleplayer games if you have flexible morales and half a steel nut

-Can use your cpu for useful purposes in addition to mental masturbation

-Can design the look and feel of your experience down to every last bloop, pixel, and heatsink.

(if plug A fits into socket B it'll probably work. Any idiot can build a computer, don't let yourself feel otherwise)

-Gain the (free!) benefit of never-ending user-generated content in many games, such as maps

-Gain access to hundreds of great, free games and programs

-Gain access to deeper games console interface just can't handle, such as Diablo 3, SCII, realistic simulators of every variety.

-Retain the option to use a controller, and gain the ability to specify every single input to your liking in most games

-No pay-to-play multiplayer schemes, with the obvious exception of MMO's, but you guys get to pay double monthly fees if you want those, anyway.

-I could make this list as long as I wanted, there are literally endless possibilities.

The downside is, you don't get to play a small handful of games they keep on the consoles to make them appealing, such as Forza 3 and Reach. That is the only downside. However, when you balance those with the massive number of indie games that are addicting, cheap, charming, lovable, and generally not attached to massive doom-corperations, I think it's well worth it.

Just food for thought, I love both the XBox 360 and PS3 and have a long gaming history with consoles, and I collect old Xbox game rares for fun, like Panzer Dragoon Oorta and the Metal Slug disks. It's just an option I think a lot of people decide is beyond their reach for all the wrong reasons.

--------------------

wat man rly

Edited by blujay (12/29/10 10:16 PM)

Offlineblujay
pass it b*ch!
Male User Gallery

Re: Buying a new Xbox 360: Suggestions? [Re: blujay]
    #13703570 - 12/29/10 10:21 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Oh, splitscreen though. No splitscreen on PC. It almost feels like there are secret embargoes developers have agreed on to keep the PC gaming and console gaming crowds seperate. While PC's are certainly capable, for sitting down with 3 buddies they are either emberassingly inept or completely incapable.

I'll always have both for that reason and that reason alone.

But arguing about PS3 vs XBOX vs Wii is like arguing about different flavors of soda. Pick the one that tastes best to you!

--------------------

wat man rly

OfflineToTheSummit
peregrinus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Las Vegas
Re: Buying a new Xbox 360: Suggestions? [Re: blujay]
    #13704915 - 12/30/10 08:30 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Who was that long-winded "PC beats a console" reply directed at?  Not me I hope.  This was strictly a console discussion.  I don't think anyone brought up PC gaming until you entered.  Only thing I said was that fanboys are annoying.  So let me add PC fanboys to that list!

I've never debated the merits of PC gaming.  It certainly has its pros and cons.  I've just never been a fan of PC gaming.  I like to kick back on my couch and play a game with a controller on my big screen TV.  My computer stays in my office.  PC gaming is no more superior or inferior to consoles then the consoles are to each other.  Its just a matter of preference.

--------------------
You invented the wheel....You push the motherfucker!!

InvisibleSociety
Mmmm... pizza
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Buying a new Xbox 360: Suggestions? [Re: ToTheSummit]
    #13705235 - 12/30/10 10:26 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

This was supposed to be an Xbox 360 discussion.  :crankey:

--------------------
Delicious Pizza

Offlineiateshaggy
i haxor 360s
Male User Gallery

Loc: 612 Warf Avenue, next to....
    #13706714 - 12/30/10 03:33 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

i told ya you can use the old hdd in the new slim no problem.  however, i would still get a jasper model since they cost half as much and work just as good.  also, no need to pay 100 extra for the 250 gig model, u can get a 250 gig hdd for $40 and pop it in there after flashing it w/ hddhackr.

--------------------
You are a filipina sex goddess who wants to fuck me until I fall asleep, so then you can tickle my balls and see if the legend of my diamond filled nutsuck is true.  I am a white man from costa rica, who smells like lime jello.

I can flash/jtag/repair 360's, pm for details.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom