Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineNiGGy
Stranger
Loc: Nova Scotia, Canada
Re: feel rather enlightened. like i know too much. [Re: Grav]
    #1359611 - 03/09/03 04:24 AM (21 years, 25 days ago)

crazyness!! a mind state it was, now, i feel normal and not so crazy. ut then when i get crazy, my ego goes into self protection mode. thats what it is. if that didnt happen, i may have troubles gettin along with reality.... but why does this happen? what in the long term do i get out of it? right now. whoop de he, i feel normal. i dont have thoughts of any thing like what i was saying...just a normal member of society. so whats the point of what happend before, as it was a mindstate i know longer feel the knowledge of. so it was like a conflict with my ego, which my ego won, because if it didn't win, i woulden't be typing this now would i? so then, why go against the grain, why even talk about this. why think like i was thinking?

hmmm

"dont beleive me? immagine you never met me.....
where would you be today?"

those are true words. and i realised that quite awhile ago! pretty damn cool! :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Okanagan
Re: feel rather enlightened. like i know too much. [Re: NiGGy]
    #1359631 - 03/09/03 04:37 AM (21 years, 25 days ago)

don't miss that part about doing well in school

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1359991 - 03/09/03 08:34 AM (21 years, 25 days ago)

well make sure you actually DO SOMETHING with what you've learned.

You can always fall back on various art styles, like writing (even on message boards) or making visual/audio artworks. You can try and get your friends interested in "deeper" than normal conversation, which turns talking about sports or women or video games or whatever into a kind of collective thinking process which can be pretty fun.. You can try and invent something..

There's a track by Infected Mushroom which has a sample in it that goes something like this:

"The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success."

The geniuses are the thinkers who can actually stand up after an intense "thinking session [heh]" and apply what they were just thinking about to something having to do with everybody else. The "insane" are the thinkers who have problem balancing the thinking with actually DOING something related to the thoughts.... like ME :wink:

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineFliquid
Back from being gone.
Male User Gallery

Loc: omotive
    #1361641 - 03/10/03 12:01 AM (21 years, 24 days ago)

Sucks a bit doesn't it...

--------------------
:dancing: My latest music! :yesnod:

OfflineGlacius
Lang
 User Gallery

Loc: Western Cordillera(Inverm...
Re: feel rather enlightened. like i know too much. [Re: Fliquid]
    #1363870 - 03/10/03 05:14 PM (21 years, 23 days ago)

I dont think you ever have to worry about knowing to much

--------------------
addicted to reason
a hollow understanding trapped me
I cannot see outside but its calling

OfflineGlacius
Lang
 User Gallery

#1363888 - 03/10/03 05:19 PM (21 years, 23 days ago)

Quote:

crazyness!! a mind state it was, now, i feel normal and not so crazy. ut then when i get crazy, my ego goes into self protection mode. thats what it is. if that didnt happen, i may have troubles gettin along with reality.... but why does this happen? what in the long term do i get out of it? right now. whoop de he, i feel normal. i dont have thoughts of any thing like what i was saying...just a normal member of society. so whats the point of what happend before, as it was a mindstate i know longer feel the knowledge of. so it was like a conflict with my ego, which my ego won, because if it didn't win, i woulden't be typing this now would i? so then, why go against the grain, why even talk about this. why think like i was thinking?

hmmm

"dont beleive me? immagine you never met me.....
where would you be today?"

those are true words. and i realised that quite awhile ago! pretty damn cool! :smile:

Maybe you are manipulating us and faking the fact that your mindset has changed :shocked:

--------------------
addicted to reason

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
Re: feel rather enlightened. like i know too much. [Re: Glacius]
    #1364430 - 03/11/03 12:38 AM (21 years, 23 days ago)

I've just got to reply to your sig

"wisdom can not be expereince without knowledge, nor can it be knowledge without expereince. Only when both are acquired, can the doors to wisdom be opened"

Yes..my take on it is.. wisdom and knowledge are gained through experience. Through experience comes wisdom. Without experience there can be no wisdom. Life is a series of experiences, through which we gain knowledge and wisdom by learning from our experiences.

--------------------

OfflineGlacius
Lang
 User Gallery

Re: feel rather enlightened. like i know too much. [Re: Shroomism]
    #1365025 - 03/11/03 05:33 AM (21 years, 23 days ago)

Indeed. A realization one must make on this path of wisdom or enlightenment is that one never knows to much. In fact it seems one never knows enough. And when one does, he sooner or later realizes that he knows so little. It is through the discovery of new things that gives us the wisdom that we know so little. Because when one of the doors is opens it leads to ten more.

--------------------
addicted to reason

Anonymous

#1365050 - 03/11/03 05:45 AM (21 years, 23 days ago)

try to ignore the conclusive thoughts.. just let that awareness flow through you, dont latch onto it.

Ahhh... when you think you've reached a conclusive thought. This has been a pitfall for me lately. You think your on to something and then bam... it stops.. sometimes it stops in the middle of a beautiful dreamworld, and it gives you hope. Other times you stop in the middle of a cold dark void, and it seems like there is no escape. Instead of letting your thoughts pan out endlessly.. your mind is triggered to stop at the void, and not grow anymore...you think you've reached the end.. when you actually just started. you must keep going.. but never put that stamp of approval on it, it only makes things more confusing.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag