Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: Avoid mirrors [Re: psychopsilocyber]
    #1288528 - 02/07/03 10:40 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

On my recent ayahuasca trip I looked in the mirror and I was suprised at how normal I looked - I looked very very tired (eyes all puffy like when you wake up from mere 3-4 hours of sleep) but quite normal. The background sure was fucked up though :smile:

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineHamurabi
the babylonianleader..

Loc: Greece
Re: Avoid mirrors [Re: Strumpling]
    #1289900 - 02/07/03 08:20 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

i would love to try ayahuasca but i think i am not ready yet:(

i always love to see myself in the mirror while trippin on shrooms or LSD:-)
when i am no shrooms i always see my face like an alien's in the movie Men In Black:-p

Offlinetoolshroomer
smokin' all daylong..

Re: Avoid mirrors *DELETED* [Re: Roger_irrelevant]
    #1291455 - 02/08/03 03:59 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Post deleted by toolshroomer

Reason for deletion: Not interested in this kind of stuff any longer.

--------------------
and Viola! Mushrooms!

OfflineEnlightenedFreak
Lurk-er

Loc: Toronto, Canada
Re: Avoid mirrors [Re: toolshroomer]
    #1291656 - 02/08/03 05:26 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

When I am tripping and I look into mirrors i feel like Donnie Darko in that scene where he breaks through that weird barrier and he seems so lucid, and he gets all streched out. Everything just seems to be so much more real, and vivid. Its weird it can go either way depending how I feel at that instant either great or horrible.
***Alex***

--------------------
The pleasure of satisfying a savage instict undomesticated by the ego is uncomparaby much more intense than the one of satisfying a tamed instinct.
S. Freud

OfflineNirvhead
-State of Art-

Loc: WA State, USA
Re: Avoid mirrors [Re: Amber_Glow]
    #1292739 - 02/09/03 06:19 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

There are freakier things than mirrors when you're tripping... Like stumbling across the same thing posted 5 times in a row and getting trapped in an eternal loop.

--------------------
Like a fiend in a cloud
With howling woe,
After night I do croud
And with night will go;
I turn my back to the east,
From whence comforts have increas'd;
For light doth seize my brain
With frantic pain.

Offlinepsychosis
Stranger
Re: Avoid mirrors [Re: davikosack]
    #1358122 - 03/08/03 10:29 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I spent many years avoiding the mirror whilst tripping. I had at a few times caught a glimpse of myself and found it quite disturbing. The disturbing thing was that the feelings in my mind were not portrayed in what I saw as a tired, aging and distorted face.

However, sometime last year I decided to challenge my fear and look at my reflection. It was an amazing experience that provided me with a better understanding of myself and other people.

As I looked at my face I suddenly appreciated the important function of the body as well as the mind. I felt a strong connection to my face, knowing that my mind and my body belonged together and had we had been interconnected for my whole life.

It also challenged the way I perceive others, that the mind and body, although connected together, are not representative. I was never really a judgemental person on a persons appearances, I had always taken people as I found them.

However this viewpoint has become a lot stronger. It?s left me feeling more comfortable about who I am (my body is my body and it can not be changed) and who other people are (their appearance is irrelevant, it is the mind inside the body that is important)

Nowadays I love looking at myself in the mirror. I can spend what seems like an eternity just looking into myself, appreciating that my likeness is totally unique and something I should be proud of. It is the physical representative for my conscious being.

OfflineSyco
Trigger Man

Re: Avoid mirrors [Re: psychosis]
    #1358727 - 03/08/03 03:45 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Thats odd I love looking at my self in the mirror when tripping on shrooms or lsd. Sometimes if you look close you can see the universe in ur abnormally large pupils hehe.

--------------------
- I fart in thou general direction -

OfflineCockyMandrill
addict

#1359119 - 03/08/03 08:21 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I usually catcha glimpse of myself on the way to the bathroom, and i'll stop and stare at myself for at least 5 minutes. I've also stared in mirrors in dreams. I think its all about if your truely happy about who you are.

Offlinebubbaluvsshrooms
Stranger
Re: Avoid mirrors [Re: CockyMandrill]
    #1359472 - 03/09/03 02:30 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I think that instead of tripping in front of a mirror, you should try tripping in a place that has a reflecting pool. Like the water basin in Lord Of The Rings.

Mirrors are artificial devices and the reflecting pool may offer the same insights without the "grossness". Lighting also makes a difference. A soft off-white light makes your face much more natural looking than the phony flourescent lighting found in many restrooms/bathrooms.

Also, while you are looking into the reflecting pool, touch the water with your hand and watch what the ripples do to your thoughts.

Peace

Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
    #1359952 - 03/09/03 08:17 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Jeez thats pretty shitty that happened to him. Myslef, I like looking the the mirror when I trip and then stair into my eyes, pretty good stuff!

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

OfflineEvilGir
Im the on coming storm

Loc: Planet Irk
Re: Avoid mirrors [Re: barfightlard]
    #1360406 - 03/09/03 12:05 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I alway like a look in the mirror when tripping, especially if I concentrate and stare into my own eyes. A DMT like buzz usualy starts to overwhelm me and its as if the reflection of the room change into a diffrent place and sometimes the reflection of me changes. Its kinda weird almost looking back into my past lifes or something. Its definitaly worth a try.

--------------------
Fighting the man the best way I can.

Invisibledeprave
GrandmasterToker

Loc: DownUnder
Re: Avoid mirrors [Re: EvilGir]
    #1361614 - 03/09/03 11:14 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I remember a strong lsd and mdma combined trip i had where i was looking into the mirror hanging over the toilet and i saw myself in my mind sobbing my ass off, crazy shit, i love the mirror when trippin thou

--------------------

NONE OF THE ABOVE IS TRUE I LIKE TO WRITE STORIES

OfflineSombie
Moonrock eater

Loc: Stafford, Virginia
    #1361811 - 03/10/03 03:06 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Mirrors are kind of creepy for me when I am tripping.

When I was little, I was terrified of mirrors, ESSPECCILLY in the dark, thanks to that bloody mary shit my sister told me. I think thats why they creep me out when I am tripping. It always seems like it is "me versus my reflection"

--------------------
"America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable." - Hunter S Thompson

Check out Agio

Follow my NFL Blog

Offlinemoe
I Eat Children

Loc: Florida
Re: Avoid mirrors [Re: roygbiv]
    #1363295 - 03/10/03 01:29 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

...gawddam... a pentapost.... so rare to actually capture one in the wild... 

haha, first one I've seen too :smirk:

--------------------
Many nice things suck.

InvisibleChampion des Champignons
long standing member;)

Loc: Alba
Re: Avoid mirrors [Re: Bruiser]
    #1376323 - 03/14/03 01:26 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Coincidently, my bathroom is my favorite room to trip in. I can't seem to pull myself away from the mirrors or the design on the floor.  :smile:

mine too:) all those nice shiny surfaces and colourful bottles smiling at you
sucks when the plughole's about to tell you something really interesting and someone knocks on the door needing a piss though:D

--------------------
---------------------------------------------------
hmmm........

OfflineschmutzenS
King of the side-pins
 User Gallery

Loc: Miss Kitty's Lounge
    #1376579 - 03/14/03 03:48 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Davikosac----Beutiful Husky you have there.

I Love to look in mirrors while I'm tripping, I always think I'm some type of Lizard/Lepard hybird and wonder why I'm covered with hiroglyphics. Then I think "Is my right ear always two inches lower than my left?"

--------------------

"Blow up your TV, throw away your paper.  Go to the country, build you a home."

OfflineDull_Machete
-Jarrett-
Loc: PNW
Re: Avoid mirrors [Re: psychopsilocyber]
    #1376954 - 03/14/03 07:18 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

i had a crazy trip with one of those medicine cabinet mirrors heres a little example

__
  /        \
      |
stick head there and close door agaisnt the sides of your head
it was some crazy stuff it felt like i was decapitated and my head was in that movie The Cell

EDIT: that is a shitty example but i cant do a good one :mad:

Edited by Dull_Machete (03/14/03 07:22 PM)

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: Avoid mirrors [Re: Dull_Machete]
    #1377759 - 03/15/03 07:00 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

ahh yes I know what you mean... when you have a medicine cabinet thats like a middle piece and then two outer mirrors that fold out and toward eachother, in front of the middle mirror.

Stick your head in front of the middle mirror and wrap the other two back around you, and you're surrounded by mirrors, with your reflection being coppied in several directions off into infinity - cool shit :smile:

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineSevHoeSev

Loc: 707 - Napa
    #1380542 - 03/16/03 08:23 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

i saw the devil when i looked in the mirror.. my face was forming creature like faces that you would imagine only in hell you would see a face like mine... it was crazy but it didnt freak me out.. i love looking into the mirror

Offlinemesq
Psychonaut
 User Gallery

Re: Avoid mirrors [Re: Lyena]
    #1382497 - 03/17/03 02:22 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Ill  give you all a bit of a secret for those so inclined to try it...

The reason the mirror is so scary for some people is because the mirror is a powerful gateway into another dimension..

Mirros have been used for a very very long time for divination and various mystical purposes...

I have trained myself by gazing into a mirror whilst tripping, whist sober for long periods of time... what I do is this...

I will relax my eyes and try and defocalise so that everything is blurry but i can still see everything.... like the magic eye books... I will also stare at my third eye which is just above and between my regular eyes and the third eye is the portal for our Ability to see into other realities.

I will gaze like this until I see my third eye is opening up...you will notice it turning blue or purple in a big splotch on your forehead.. when this happens its important to be able to blink but continue the gaze like you didn't blink at all.

If you manage to hold the gaze your face will start to morph first it will be subtle but then you will notice you are not looking at your own face at all...your face will start morphing into VERY differnt faces... the longer you gaze the more faces you will see... It is my belief that these faces are the faces of your past lives...

In my practise I have found that once you have succeeded in gazing upon your own reflection you can then take that technique and.. with someone willing... you can use the gazing technique to see the past lives of other people...

You may think im crazy but you try it... Mirror Gazing is very rewarding if you practise... be careful not to freak yourself out... especially by the EVIL TWIN who wants to switch realities with you :laugh:

but seriously try it out..

Edited by mesq (03/17/03 02:24 AM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom