Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineCRfactOR
Amature Grower
Male User Gallery

Loc: LIBERTY & TRINITY
Re: How does my plan sound? [Re: anonjon]
    #13605869 - 12/09/10 09:10 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

If you feel I am wrong by all means share your input. I'm just going by what I've read. I'm not experience or a professional by any means. It's working for me right now. However, if you have some reason why I should not do it this way, I would love to hear why. Then I can make an educational decision of whether or not I should change my way of going about this grow. Thank you in advance. :grin:

Also you say 20 degrees over ambient which I don't understand. The ambient air where I am may be 75 degrees...where as at another persons place it may be 60 degrees. So what is it you mean by ambient???

REASON FOR EDIT: FORGOT A QUESTION

--------------------
"Today i'm going to think EVIL thoughts and try NOT to say them out loud." -UNKNOWN

FIRST GROW LOG
So you wanna grow mushrooms??? CLICK HERE
Damion5050 LINK COLLECTION

Edited by CRfactOR (12/09/10 09:17 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleshLong
Male User Gallery

Loc: 'sconsin Flag
Re: How does my plan sound? [Re: CRfactOR]
    #13605967 - 12/09/10 09:44 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

All in all it seems like you have a solid plan in place, for a 1st grow.

My comment was more aimed at the fact the insulation is meant to retain a certain temp. I.e. you wrap em at 70 and try to keep em at 70 as you move them through a 35 deg environment for 15 mins or so. (or whatever)

Since there is not a whole lot of heat being transmitted through the glass, you wrapping them up wont really do much of anything. Wont hurt, but wont really help...Maybe im wrong?

Ive found that on top of the fridge is usually decently warm, if thats an option at all?!?!?

Offlinecmcd5528
Stranger

Re: How does my plan sound? [Re: shLong]
    #13606304 - 12/09/10 11:13 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

shLong said:
Quote:

cmcd5528 said:
just putting them in a box with the tops still exposed for GE and maybe put some shirts between the jars for a little extra warmth?

That'd probably work better if, idk, you were growing warm blooded animals....

well i wasn't really talking about doing it for warmth, just to keep drafts and such from cooling them more

Offlinecmcd5528
Stranger

#13606320 - 12/09/10 11:16 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

shLong said:

My comment was more aimed at the fact the insulation is meant to retain a certain temp. I.e. you wrap em at 70 and try to keep em at 70 as you move them through a 35 deg environment for 15 mins or so. (or whatever)

Since there is not a whole lot of heat being transmitted through the glass, you wrapping them up wont really do much of anything. Wont hurt, but wont really help...Maybe im wrong?

Ive found that on top of the fridge is usually decently warm, if thats an option at all?!?!?[/qut
Quote:

shLong said:

Ive found that on top of the fridge is usually decently warm, if thats an option at all?!?!?

that was my original plan (to put them on the fridge) but when i felt up there, it wasn't warm at all. maybe a little colder.

InvisibleshLong
Male User Gallery

Loc: 'sconsin Flag
Re: How does my plan sound? [Re: cmcd5528]
    #13607138 - 12/09/10 01:41 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Well guy, do the best you can. I.M.E the best learning is gotten through trial and error. You'll hit some snags, but get better at it. DO as best you can (by reading as much as u can) and you'll have success. and then next time you'll do better and so on and so on.......

Cheers and good luck to ya! :-)

Oh yeah, Ive found that while waiting for jars to colonize it helped (in the winter) to put em in a box and cut a hole (size depending) in the box and face it towards a heating vent.
BTW, why the fuck is your house only 60 deg? Brr man, holy shit!

Edited by shLong (12/09/10 01:49 PM)

Offlinecmcd5528
Stranger

#13609117 - 12/09/10 07:16 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

shLong said:
Well guy, do the best you can. I.M.E the best learning is gotten through trial and error. You'll hit some snags, but get better at it. DO as best you can (by reading as much as u can) and you'll have success. and then next time you'll do better and so on and so on.......

Cheers and good luck to ya! :-)

Oh yeah, Ive found that while waiting for jars to colonize it helped (in the winter) to put em in a box and cut a hole (size depending) in the box and face it towards a heating vent.
BTW, why the fuck is your house only 60 deg? Brr man, holy shit!

well, i have the incubator right by the heating vent but no holes cut in it. right now with the tank heater MAXED OUT, it's a stable 77 degrees. the house is only 60 in the winter because of our gas bills being a shit ton. i would get a space heater but i don't like the thought of it running while im not home. 18 years ago, the owners of this house had a space heater running and the house caught fire. the kitchen and the whole upstairs bedroom were almost destroyed. the guys wife that lived here died in the fire. so basically, so in a nutshell, no space heaters for me!

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds