Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Loc: Alberta
bad trip
    #1360821 - 03/09/03 05:26 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

well, first off, i'm not that experienced with shrooms...I haven't done them too many times, but on thursday, i had my first bad trip. my question is, is it common to hear things that seem real but really arent happening....cuz my parents room is right above mine, and i thought i heard them fighting, but i left my room and my dad was there talking to my dog, so it clearly wasnt really happening, but when i went back in, i immediately heard it again. also, i found a few crumbs of pot in my drawer, and i got a few hoots out of it, and i got totally baked(while on the shrooms)....my eyes, were so red.anyways, is this normal, to get more high than usual when on shrooms, cuz seriously, i never get high like that anymore, especially off such little pot.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: bad trip [Re: kristina420]
    #1360879 - 03/09/03 05:40 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Pot and mushrooms compliment eachother very nicely, IMO.

Audible hallucinations are definitely not unheard of - I wouldn't worry about it.. R e l a xxxxx..... aaaahhhhhhhhhh......

Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

User Gallery

Loc: Exile
    #1360919 - 03/09/03 05:50 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

A good way to avoid going insane over hearing things that aren't there, is put some music on your headphones. It's quite common to hear things that aren't there, and I usually do on trips, but to me they're just background noise to the psychedelic world. Relax :wink:
And yes, you don't need to smoke as much pot to fuck you up while you're peaking. It's kind of like if you smoke pot when you've been drinking. It kicks your ass a lot more than usual.  For me, anyways. 

Loc: northeast usa
Re: bad trip [Re: Sheepish]
    #1360949 - 03/09/03 06:02 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

ok mr. headshrinker here..... my first impression was that thought about your parents fighting was in your head a fear deeply seated that there could ever be something troubling in your family. I in fact really did hear my parents arguing or quarelling many times a a youngster it was a deeply stressfull thing and scared me senseless i will defer to the more informed researchers around as to the physiologic reasons the THC was amplified with the Teo. hope you're feeling better and don't overdo things

If Im here whosgrooming thefoxes for theparade

Loc: UK
Re: bad trip [Re: ArdRi]
    #1361739 - 03/10/03 04:06 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Sheepish, I think you're right about pot and alcohol kicking your ass. Last time I did that I was hospitalised. I hallucinated like crazy, I was hearing all sorts of things, and then I checked my heart beat, and thought I was having a heart attack. Never mixed those two again :laugh:

No stranger than that!

A wave on the ocean
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Northern Ohio
    #1361819 - 03/10/03 05:11 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Don't be too worried, auditory hallucinations are common. Sometimes unconscious anxieties surface and manifest as hallucination, I've experienced this more than a few times on shrooms, and cannabis does intensify the shrooms effects. Sheepish is on the money, play some music, it can change the experience for you quickly and help you through rough patches. I always have some classical guitar or Celtic cd's ready just in case, they're good allies for dealing with turbulence.

It sounds like you tripped harder than you was expecting, no worries, just remember that everyone goes through some rough spots on psychedelics. Always approach the mushroom with respect and you will be fine.  :smile: 

"I hate having to pick between the lesser of two evils. But I'm glad Obama was elected. McCain was another war monger. I'd rather deal with our country going into debt than trying to take on afghanistan...oh wait FUCK!" - Fungus_tao

It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
    #1361875 - 03/10/03 05:39 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

"You're not tripping until you smoke weed"

Mp3 of the month: The Loose Enz - The Black Door

#1362774 - 03/10/03 11:45 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

is it common to hear things that seem real but really arent happening

Not for most people. Psilocybin doesn't generally produce true hallucinations - ie ones that you arn't perfectly aware is an effect of taking mushrooms. If you can't distuingish mushroom reality from genuine reality it might be best to leave psychedelics for the time being.

Don't worry, B. Caapi

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience