Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineamyloid
Stranger
im completely appaled at americans.
    #1360640 - 03/09/03 04:05 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

im hearing all too often that if someone doesnt support the war with iraq "they should just leave"... this is absolutely fucking ridiculous, why should someone leave because they think differently then you? why should someone that doesnt think the same way as you have to leave where they live, just pack up and go somewhere else? contrary to popular belief you do not own where i live, you have no fucking control over me, your little game of government and people falls short of reality, your laws will not protect someone from being murdered, if someone must die, they will be killed, and your consequences will be just that, consequences. im disgusted that you americans just collect all the people that do things you dont like and put them in a cage, the inverse of freedom. in my opinion my time in this place is limited, its a pretty groovy place to be, i dont want to be locked up not enjoying myself, especially for doing something i want to do. and in advanced response to the inevitable question of 'what if someone kills your mom, or you, should that person be in prison?'... of course not, i should be able to do whatever i want to him/her you get the same kind of scare tactic prevention without laws, that u do with laws.

and to people that say i should vote: fuck you, im not part of this bullshit, i dont want laws to be changed, i dont want laws at all.

/rant
-doc

--------------------
"A human being is part of a whole, called by us the Universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings, as something separated from the rest--a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circles of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."
-Al Einstein

Edited by amyloid (03/09/03 04:06 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineupupup
guardian

Loc: George "I love Hitler" Bu...
Re: im completely appaled at americans. [Re: amyloid]
    #1360681 - 03/09/03 04:23 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I have recieved comments in emails I have sent out for moveon.org and truemajority.com from people I thought were "open minded" and had them say if you don't like it leave. Well, it's not quite that simple. I would move to Canada in a second if I could but Americans just can't move to other countries.

Besides just the logistics it is politically impossible though I would if I could.....

--------------------
Support bacteria - they're the only culture some people have.

Anonymous

#1360738 - 03/09/03 04:52 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

im disgusted that you americans just collect all the people that do things you dont like and put them in a cage

You are no different that those who would have you jailed for thinking differently, by assuming all Americans are like this.

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Loc: innsmouth..MA
Re: im completely appaled at americans. [Re: Anonymous]
    #1361060 - 03/09/03 06:34 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Not that theres anywhere for us to leave to, since Amerikkka wants to take over the whole world. Just pray that the Russians have enough sense to push the button. Ppl used to fear "nucular" war above all else; and now its mankinds' last hope!!

--------------------

"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Re: im completely appaled at americans. [Re: Annapurna1]
    #1361091 - 03/09/03 06:46 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I'm afraid if I move to another country I'll get bombed by America.

--------------------

Offlinegrib
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Here and there
    #1362166 - 03/10/03 08:02 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

im disgusted that you americans just collect all the people

That's about the most nonsensical comment I've seen or heard since Bush's last speech. 'you americans' ... is it really possible that you believe in guilt by nationality?

--------------------
<~>Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake <~>

Offlineamyloid
Stranger
Re: im completely appaled at americans. [Re: grib]
    #1362570 - 03/10/03 10:17 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

when i refer to "you americans" i dont mean people that live on the north american continent. when i say americans, i mean people that agree with, and have the same ideas as the current government in place on the north american continent that live "in the united states", i try to not divide ambigous land into imaginary states which have different laws, its kind of ridiculous when u think about it... i mean ok its the death penalty to murder someone on this side of this imaginary line, where the other side its life in prison... i dont know i just cant subject myself to that kind of bullshit. i hope you americans dont think everyone that lives near you is an american too...

-doc

--------------------
"A human being is part of a whole, called by us the Universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings, as something separated from the rest--a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circles of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."
-Al Einstein

Offlinethe universe
Harbinger ofEldritch Despair
Male

Loc: Under your bed
    #1362608 - 03/10/03 10:34 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Just so you know, anarchy can't work. It's a nice ideology, but like communism, just doesn't work. Also, people who don't vote make me sick when they bitch about the way the government is run, if you don't vote then you have no right to say anything about it.

--------------------
"If you had a million years to do it in, you couldn't rub out even half the 'Fuck you' signs in the world."- J. D. Salinger

OfflineAngry Mycologist
Spontaneouslycombusting

Loc: Galapagos
    #1362613 - 03/10/03 10:36 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

when i refer to "you americans" i dont mean people that live on the north american continent.

Then rephrase your statement, because it certainly sounds like you do. How about something like this: "The current administration". Tensions are only made worse when blanket statements are made.

--------------------
The proper penalty of ignorance, which is of course that those who don't know should learn from those who do... - Plato

Offlineamyloid
Stranger
Re: im completely appaled at americans. [Re: Angry Mycologist]
    #1362649 - 03/10/03 10:48 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Then rephrase your statement, because it certainly sounds like you do. How about something like this: "The current administration". Tensions are only made worse when blanket statements are made.

you are 100% correct, i formally appologize to all the americans that might have been confused, from now on i will use the acronym HAVOC (Humans with American Views On Civilization)

-doc

--------------------
-Al Einstein

Offlineamyloid
Stranger
    #1362657 - 03/10/03 10:52 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Just so you know, anarchy can't work. It's a nice ideology, but like communism, just doesn't work.

where have u seen anarchy fail? (and please dont say countries need a military, i dont feel like explaining how stupid it is to think that)

Quote:

Also, people who don't vote make me sick when they bitch about the way the government is run, if you don't vote then you have no right to say anything about it.

my previously posted response:
Quote:

and to people that say i should vote: fuck you, im not part of this bullshit, i dont want laws to be changed, i dont want laws at all.

and id like to add that when i register to vote im subjected to things other then voting(jury duty for instance)  plus i dont think its fair of me to vote, im not part of this "society" crap everyone is talking about... ive never met society, i dont know anyone in society and due to the things i associate with society, i hate it/them/whatever, just the idea of collectivizing EVERYONE into a 7 letter word is scary!  :shocked:

--------------------
-Al Einstein

Edited by amyloid (03/10/03 10:57 AM)

Offlineamyloid
Stranger
something to sum it up [Re: amyloid]
    #1362679 - 03/10/03 11:03 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

something to sum it up:

Quote:

If the people of tomorrow really need the rules of today, rally 'round all you prosecuting attorneys, the world is but a courtroom.

-- Bob Dylan

--------------------
-Al Einstein

Anonymous

#1362962 - 03/10/03 01:10 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Anarchy doesn't even work for bugs, what makes you think it would work for humans?

InvisibleChampion des Champignons
long standing member;)

Loc: Alba
Re: im completely appaled at americans. [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #1363072 - 03/10/03 01:50 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

I'm afraid if I move to another country I'll get bombed by America.

lol:)

--------------------
---------------------------------------------------
hmmm........

Offlineamyloid
Stranger
Re: im completely appaled at americans. [Re: Champion des Champignons]
    #1363117 - 03/10/03 02:11 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Anarchy doesn't even work for bugs, what makes you think it would work for humans?

thats what you call a rhetorical question right?... i hope so at least.

--------------------
-Al Einstein

Anonymous

#1363137 - 03/10/03 02:23 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Assuming that was a reply to me, and you are incapable of using the "Reply" link... no, that was not a rhetorical question. The fact that you assumed it was makes me think you don't have any reasons to think anarchy would work.

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
    #1364321 - 03/11/03 12:51 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

why don't you give an example of where anarchy worked?...i'm not even sure you know what anarchy is..

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Edited by Innvertigo (03/11/03 12:52 AM)

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
Re: im completely appaled at americans. [Re: Innvertigo]
    #1364326 - 03/11/03 12:56 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

the north american indians !
people power

--------------------

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
Re: im completely appaled at americans. [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #1364333 - 03/11/03 12:59 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Absolutly Wrong. You do know they have elders and Chiefs?...right? History class?

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Loc: London UK
Re: im completely appaled at americans. [Re: Innvertigo]
    #1364337 - 03/11/03 01:01 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

WTF???

--------------------
Always Smi2le

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

General Interest >> Political Discussion