Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleCalabi-Yau Space
Male

Loc: EU
Re: Operation Payback cripples MasterCard site in revenge for WikiLeaks ban [Re: Enigma of Ankou]
    #13604244 - 12/08/10 10:19 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Enigma of Ankou said:
Quote:

Calabi-Yau Space said:
Quote:

Everlong said:
I want to see Paypal.com go down... now that would be exciting. :rockon:

It Iooks that paypal is down for now.

www.paypal.com

It seems to be working fine for me, maybe its down in your region of the world?

Guys - seriously, Paypal is down for Now in Europe.

--------------------
The concept of a multiplicity of possible or actual universes is a very ancient one. In recent years, however, advances in physics and cosmology have given the "multiverse" idea 
a plausible scientific basis.

"There is no religion higher than Truth."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleblewmeanie
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
Re: Operation Payback cripples MasterCard site in revenge for WikiLeaks ban [Re: Calabi-Yau Space]
    #13604256 - 12/08/10 10:20 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Fuck them, I canceled my account as soon as I found out what they did. Same thing with Amazon. I'll spend my money elsewhere.

--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

Re: Operation Payback cripples MasterCard site in revenge for WikiLeaks ban [Re: Calabi-Yau Space]
    #13604269 - 12/08/10 10:24 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/paypal.com

It's down for me, and I'm in the US.  :shrug:

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

InvisibleEnigma of Ankou
Realist
Male

Re: Operation Payback cripples MasterCard site in revenge for WikiLeaks ban [Re: blewmeanie]
    #13604276 - 12/08/10 10:24 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I got locked out of my paypal account long ago I owed a measly 10 dollars to them and the called me every fuckin day for a month solid hounding me for it even though I always screamed almost incomprehensible strings of curse at them they never gave up fuck them!

Fuck amazon too, I aint buying shit from them from now on either I was thinking on buying the kindle but thats out of the question now :sad:

--------------------
War against a foreign country only happens when the moneyed classes think they are going to profit from it.-George Orwell-

OfflineFungal-one
Kneegrow
Male User Gallery

Loc: No fuckin tellin
Re: Operation Payback cripples MasterCard site in revenge for WikiLeaks ban [Re: Enigma of Ankou]
    #13604292 - 12/08/10 10:27 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Ive never had a problem with paypal, but I dont use them much. I was done with amazon once I saw the $400 price tag on Strike's book.

--------------------
Never judge a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. But, by that time you're a mile away and you got his shoes, so fuck em.

Offlinethecbc
Stranger in this land
Male User Gallery

Loc: lovely kansas city
Re: Operation Payback cripples MasterCard site in revenge for WikiLeaks ban [Re: Fungal-one]
    #13604577 - 12/08/10 11:31 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

cant get paypal to load here either. i do find this whole ordeal to be rather interesting

--------------------
"It's a joke. Greed and the desire to take drugs are two separate things. If you want to separate the two, the thing you do is make drugs legal. Accept the reality that people do want to change their consciousness, and make an effort to make safer, healthier drugs."
-Jerry Garcia

OfflineStaleShrooms
human after all
Male

Loc: Detroit
Re: Operation Payback cripples MasterCard site in revenge for WikiLeaks ban [Re: thecbc]
    #13606012 - 12/09/10 10:01 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

i'd boycott amazon too

but then where would I get my nitrous? :grin:

--------------------
Kick is seeing things from a special angle. Kick is momentary freedom from the claims of the aging, cautious, nagging, frightened flesh. Maybe I will find in yage what I was looking for in junk and weed and coke. Yage may be the final fix.

~William S. Burroughs

OfflineDrMambo
hamburger time
 User Gallery

Loc: 53rd & 3rd
Re: Operation Payback cripples MasterCard site in revenge for WikiLeaks ban [Re: StaleShrooms]
    #13606062 - 12/09/10 10:15 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

StaleShrooms said:
i'd boycott amazon too

but then where would I get my nitrous? :grin:

Quote:

Shop for: Nitrous Oxide, Balloons, Cracker

--------------------
"Yeah, he's a professor...... OF BEING A DOG!"

OfflineStaleShrooms
human after all
Male

Loc: Detroit
Re: Operation Payback cripples MasterCard site in revenge for WikiLeaks ban [Re: DrMambo]
    #13606112 - 12/09/10 10:33 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

:lolsy: oh, ebay and your hilarious shroomery ads. Who'd have thought you'd ever actually be useful one day?

--------------------
Kick is seeing things from a special angle. Kick is momentary freedom from the claims of the aging, cautious, nagging, frightened flesh. Maybe I will find in yage what I was looking for in junk and weed and coke. Yage may be the final fix.

~William S. Burroughs

OfflineFungal-one
Kneegrow
Male User Gallery

Re: Operation Payback cripples MasterCard site in revenge for WikiLeaks ban [Re: StaleShrooms]
    #13606497 - 12/09/10 11:55 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I think 'useful' is streching it a bit.

--------------------
Never judge a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. But, by that time you're a mile away and you got his shoes, so fuck em.

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

Re: Operation Payback cripples MasterCard site in revenge for WikiLeaks ban [Re: Fungal-one]
    #13607424 - 12/09/10 02:32 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Anonymous attack on Amazon.com appears to fail

Group shifts focus of attacks on perceived WikiLeaks foes to PayPal's secure payment site

By Jaikumar Vijayan
December 9, 2010 02:24 PM ET

This morning's planned distributed-denial-of-service (DDoS) attack against Amazon.com by Anonymous, a hacker group that has launched similar attacks against organizations it sees attempting to censor WikiLeaks, appears to have failed.

Anonymous started attacking Amazon's Web site at 11 a.m. Eastern time, but it appeared to quickly abandon the effort after realizing how little impact it was having, said Paul Mutton, a security analyst with U.K.-based Internet monitoring firm Netcraft.

"The attack didn't seem to make a dent on Amazon.com," which is not surprising, considering Amazon's network infrastructure, he said. "The size of [the Anonymous] botnet was not large enough to have any impact."

Instead, the group now appears to be focusing its attention on Paypal's api.Paypal.com secure payment transaction-handling Web site, Mutton said.

That site is not currently accessible, which could be because of the attacks or because of the defensive measures PayPal is taking to protect the site, he said. An Anonymous attack earlier today knocked Paypal's main site, Paypal.com, offline for about an hour, he said.

The planned attack on Amazon.com was announced in an Anonymous tweet posted by Netcraft.

The reason for the attack on Amazon.com appears to be the fact that the online retailer decided to start selling a Kindle e-book version of the leaked U.S. State Department cables after it had earlier booted WikiLeaks from its hosted cloud service.

The e-book includes the first 5,000 leaked State Department cables posted by WikiLeaks in tagged, searchable format. Amazon is offering the e-book on its U.K site for £7.37 ($11.62 U.S.).

Anonymous has begun using Internet Relay Chat (IRC) and a newly established Twitter account to announce new DDoS targets. The group's main Web site, AnonOps.net, has been hit with numerous DDoS attacks over the past few days, and it was suspended by its ISP yesterday.

Nonetheless, support for Anonymous appears to be growing, as has the sophistication and use of its DDoS tools, according to security researchers.

Up to now, the loosely affiliated group of Internet vigilantes had been more known DDoS attacks on various entertainment industry Web sites over copyright enforcement issues, in an effort called Operation Payback.

Earlier this month, Anonymous' organizers announced plans to extend Operation Payback by attacking any organization perceived as attempting to censor WikiLeaks.

Over the past few days, support for the Anonymous group appears to have grown substantially, according to Sean-Paul Correll a security researcher from PandaLabs. Correll has been chronicling the attacks in a blog that is now under a DDoS attack.

The Anonymous group has made available a DDoS tool called LOIC, or Low Orbit Ion Canon, that anyone can use to link their computer into a voluntary botnet for launching DDoS attacks against specific targets.

Security firm Imperva's Hacker Intelligence Initiative, which has been closely tracking Anonymous and its attacks against various Web sites, said that LOIC was originally developed as an open-source network stress testing tool. It was recently tweaked to include a central command and control module, Imerva added.

LOIC host GitHub shows more than 37,000 downloads of the tool set so far. In addition to the downloadable version of LOIC, users can install a JavaScript version of the program that does not require a download, according to Imperva.

"Operation Payback's ability to challenge serious sites and do that simultaneously is very much coupled to the introduction of the new version with its C&C capabilities," said Amichai Schulman, chief technology officer at Imperva in an e-mail. "My speculation is that due to the substantial increase in downloads, it is highly likely this is no longer just a social movement, but also a technical movement like a botnet."

According to Imperva, the hacker group is in the process of coordinating botnets with over 100,000 computers capable of generating 800MGBPS traffic to increase the attack horsepower. An attack of that magnitude is likely to better test Amazon's ability to deal with DDoS attacks.

Anonymous has so far claimed responsibility for DDoS attacks against MasterCard, Visa, PayPal, EveryDNS and Swiss payment transaction firm PostFinance. Each of those organizations terminated its service to WikiLeaks after the whistleblower Web site began posting thousands of leaked classified cables from the U.S. State Department earlier this month.

Anonymous has also launched attacks on the Web sites of U.S. Sen. Joseph Lieberman (I-Conn.), former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin and the Web sites of the Swedish prosecutors who are pursuing rape charges against WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange.

The attacks resulted in each of the Web sites becoming unavailable for varying lengths of time. PostFinance's Web site, for instance, was knocked offline for more than 33 hours, while MasterCard's main Web site was down for much of Wednesday. A note posted on MasterCard's site suggested that service has not yet been fully restored.

Visa initially appeared to fend off the Anonymous DDoS attacks before it was finally knocked offline yesterday. The site appeared to be working normally this morning.

--------------------

OfflineFungal-one
Kneegrow
Male User Gallery

Re: Operation Payback cripples MasterCard site in revenge for WikiLeaks ban [Re: deCypher]
    #13607444 - 12/09/10 02:37 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Anon fails at trying to be a badass.

--------------------

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

#13607466 - 12/09/10 02:40 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I wonder how large the botnet would have to be to take down Amazon.

--------------------

OfflineFungal-one
Kneegrow
Male User Gallery

Re: Operation Payback cripples MasterCard site in revenge for WikiLeaks ban [Re: deCypher]
    #13607480 - 12/09/10 02:42 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Im gonna say pretty fucking huge.

--------------------

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

#13607800 - 12/09/10 03:28 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

"On Wednesday, Dutch police arrested a 16-year-old in The Hague for allegedly participating in the attacks against Visa, MasterCard and PayPal. The teen is to be arraigned in Rotterdam on Friday."

http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9200659/Pro_WikiLeaks_cyber_army_gains_strength_thousands_join_DDoS_attacks?taxonomyId=82&pageNumber=1

It'll be interesting to see if anyone will get charged here in the US.

--------------------

OfflineFungal-one
Kneegrow
Male User Gallery

#13607830 - 12/09/10 03:33 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

He musta got caught setting bots, otherwise he could just claim to be an unknowing infected dick noggan. I dont know to many peeps who would share the reins to a botnet created for a news making attack with a 16yo. Then again the kids are fucking better at that shit than anyone else, it mighta been his net. Lol, if so it surely does suck to me him.

--------------------

InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
one-eyed willie
    #13607959 - 12/09/10 03:51 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I was just reading a news article that stated:

"The hackers launched "Operation Payback” Tuesday -- a series of denial of service attacks (DDoS), after various groups blocked funding to the WikiLeaks site."

:facepalm:

Operation Payback originated in September and has targeted multiple anti piracy agencies.

http://torrentfreak.com/acslaw-anti-piracy-law-firm-torn-apart-by-leaked-emails-100925/

http://torrentfreak.com/acslaw-boss-i-feel-defeated-and-could-go-bankrupt-101003/

--------------------
m00nshine is currently vacationing in Maui. Rumor has it he got rolled by drunken natives and is currently prostituting himself in order to pay for airfare back to the mainland but he's having trouble juggling a hairon addiction. He won't be back for a long while.

Edited by THE KRAT BARON (12/09/10 03:57 PM)

Offlinebbl337
genetic material is Ar based
 User Gallery

#13607989 - 12/09/10 03:56 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

wouldn't be that hard to anonymously make a worm that infects non protected xp computers, at all.  if i were one of them i'd do that, make it use something like 20% of their bandwith so the computers are still usable but can seriously fuck shit up

--------------------

InvisibleEnigma of Ankou
Realist
Male

Re: Operation Payback cripples MasterCard site in revenge for WikiLeaks ban [Re: bbl337]
    #13608018 - 12/09/10 03:59 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Teach them you must :yoda:

--------------------
War against a foreign country only happens when the moneyed classes think they are going to profit from it.-George Orwell-

Invisibleblewmeanie
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
    #13609003 - 12/09/10 06:56 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

phase 2?

--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals