Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Salvia

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineNirvana
ScentlessApprentice

Self Control!
    #1360075 - 03/09/03 11:13 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Salvia 10x extract has been a favourite of mine for the past 2 months now... A lot of my Salvia journeys have been quite negative, but the majority have been very enjoyable and 'interesting' to say the least.
When under the influence of salvia, I find it hard to act sober and I am wondering if this is the same as with mushrooms?
My uncle told me about a time he tripped out when he was younger and his mum came upstairs and poked her head into his room to see what he was up to, he said he went into a screaming frenzy because he saw his mother as some sort of deformed, skeletal monster.
He also told me how his friend pissed himself whilst tripping because he had 'imagined' himself going upstairs to the toilet and taking a piss. He has had many enjoyable trips but said that most of them were pretty scary.
Can anyone give me some tips etc. like amount to ingest/where to trip? This information would be very valuable to my friend whom it will be passed on to.

Thanks very much

P.s.
Can you compare Salvia and mushrooms to each other? I know the trip lengths are drastically different but what about effects?

--------------------
====* I Made My Avatar *====

Edited by Nirvana (03/09/03 11:16 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinesirreal
devoid
Loc: In the borderlands
Re: Self Control! [Re: Nirvana]
    #1360112 - 03/09/03 11:32 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Can anyone give me some tips etc. like amount to ingest/where to trip?

If you are just wanting to get high and do not want to worry about the trip becoming to intense then I would recommend not taking more than 3 dry grams.

Trip wherever you feel comfortable.

--------------------
I may not always tell the truth, but atleast I'm honest
-----------

I see what everyone is saying. It is so hard to form an opinion when you see both sides so clearly!

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
    #1360242 - 03/09/03 12:45 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Welcome to the Shroomery, Nirvana

For a first experience, I would recommend between 1.7-2.2g dried cubensis, or 15-20g wet weight cubensis.  This should be enough to give the first timer a taste of what mushrooms can do, yet still be a low enough dose to allow for a somewhat manageable trip :grin:

As far as the setting goes, it should be in a place the psychonaut feels comfortable in - where there won't be any unwanted interruptions.  I wouldn't recommend tripping in public for the first timer.. half of my first experience was in public roaming the streets of Burbank, fortunately my girlfriend at the time was sober so she kept me and my buddy out of trouble :cool:

I wouldn't compare Salvia and Mushrooms.  They are very different, imho.

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

Re: Self Control! [Re: geokills]
    #1361269 - 03/09/03 08:12 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah, salvia is very different from shrooms. Smoking salvia puts you into an hour long dream state with uncontrolable vivid halucinations that often leave you stained with fear when you finnaly come around... whereas shrooms make you feel euphoric and disconnected for 3 to 6 hours, give you the ablity to focus (or not to focus), let your thoughts consume you or let you consume your thoughts. Give mostly pleasing oev and cev. And I could go on and on... But if you stay within 1.5 to 2.5 g you will be go to go. IMO you'll be able to handle shrooms with ease after trying salvia and I'm sure you'll enjoy it more.

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

OfflineNirvana
ScentlessApprentice

Re: Self Control! [Re: djd586]
    #1362233 - 03/10/03 08:21 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks guys, great information!
The dosage level and the fact I should be able to handle the trip a bit has put me at ease. All I need now is to grow them cos 'shroom season is way too far away for me...

--------------------

Offlinepillsbury420
psychedelicscientist

#1362453 - 03/10/03 09:42 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I'll say one thing.. i've tripped a lot.. but i've eaten 2 grams dry of some shrooms and tripped nuts.. almost lost it.. i wonder why so many people recommend that much for a first time.. it was pretty intense..

--------------------
The day you were born, you were born free. That is your privilege.

I forgot to remember.

OfflineNirvana
ScentlessApprentice

Re: Self Control! [Re: pillsbury420]
    #1362734 - 03/10/03 11:29 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

There's some weird information going around here! Pillsbury, I read on the board that someone consumed 108g and had an intense trip and you had 2g for your first and said it was intense... How is that? I thought the 108g guy would be dead!Is it all to do with mushroom type, state of mind etc?

--------------------

OfflineJssMthrFcknChrst
Son of the LordGod Almighty

Loc: Vatican City
    #1362745 - 03/10/03 11:33 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

That was 108g Fresh, which equals about 10g Dried. Still a big dose, but not that extreme.

--------------------

OfflineNirvana
ScentlessApprentice

Re: Self Control! [Re: JssMthrFcknChrst]
    #1362750 - 03/10/03 11:35 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Ooh right, I see!
That's enlightened me a bit JssMthrFcknChrst, thanks...

--------------------

Offlinepillsbury420
psychedelicscientist

#1363390 - 03/10/03 03:57 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Like i said.. it just varies on batch and everything else.. i never go over 2 g's but i've never had a trip that compared to that one.. it was fucking insane... i'd say start of at 1-1.5.. whats the worst that could happen?? it won't be that strong.. but what's the worst that could happen if you took too much? get me? :smile:

--------------------
The day you were born, you were born free. That is your privilege.

I forgot to remember.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Salvia

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports