Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

doing
    #1359514 - 03/09/03 02:58 AM (21 years, 26 days ago)

because of the fact that it is possible your body can not deny the opportunity. so you find yourself constantly wondering where your feet can take you, what your mind can make you..
but you sit and rot in your petty distractions and disuasions

im becoming more and more aware of the mental prison i'm locked in. fear, laziness, monotony(sp?)
im sick of it, and im starting to hear a voice calling me out into the unknown. i feel like i have to honor life somehow, and it's not gonna be done sitting around home and building a nexus of government sponsored career opportunity.

essentially i have to get the fuck out of here and see different things. i have no choice

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: doing [Re: Grav]
    #1359521 - 03/09/03 03:03 AM (21 years, 26 days ago)

Good-Bye

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

InvisibleRebelSteve33
Amateur Mycologist
Male

Loc: Arizona
    #1359723 - 03/09/03 05:46 AM (21 years, 26 days ago)

Dude-- GO FOR IT!!! :laugh:

Right now I am in Florida on my spring break from school...

I came down here with no money and no place to stay, and I have been having the time of my life!!  Right now I'm using the computer in the library of the University of Florida.  Today is my third and last day here, but the trip has been amazing!  I met some wonderful people on the bus trip down here, and some even more amazing people once I got here!  I met these two hippie guys who do nothing but panhandle for money and hitch-hike from town to town.  I spent the day with them yesterday and they were really great people!  We talked all about mushrooms and other drugs and rainbow gatherings and such.  The one had this awesome dog that he takes around with him on his travels. 

It would take too long for me to tell you all the other amazing things I've seen and people I've met in the few days that I've been down here, but the point is:

Getting out and going somewhere is GOOD!  So give it a try! :laugh:

Just be safe! 

I slept in some bushes the first night I was here.  It was fun! :smile:

I woke up to birds chirping, sunshine, and 75 degree weather when it is snowing and below zero where I live at home!!! :laugh:

This trip has been so great!

Okay... I'll stop now.  Good luck, and take care, Grav!

-RebelSteve

--------------------
Namaste.

Offlineentiformatie
EvolutionaryMovements
Male
Loc: miami, florida
    #1359804 - 03/09/03 06:42 AM (21 years, 26 days ago)

i know the feeling. i feel it right now actually. it usually happens when i sit at home in front of my computer. so i work out more often now. that helps :-)

i would masturbate a lot more often too, but my parents walk around pretty often, lol

--------------------
/opinion
.sean

InvisibleTheHateCamel
Research &Development -DBK
Re: doing [Re: RebelSteve33]
    #1359898 - 03/09/03 07:45 AM (21 years, 26 days ago)

Edited by TheHateCamel (12/05/07 08:52 PM)

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1359942 - 03/09/03 08:15 AM (21 years, 26 days ago)

Yes I'm starting to realize a new duality in my mind:

There's THINKING and DOING, and they must be very carefully balanced in order to get things done :wink:

Sometimes I start doing something without putting enough thought into it, and sometimes I put too much thought into something, overlooking the fact that I've still got to physically DO it..

Excellent point to bring up, Grav. I'm starting to notice that RIGHT NOW is the best time to do things. Whenever I start thinking something like "oooo it'd be cool to do [whatever]," I've recently started following that up with "ok well why don't you do it right NOW?" and I'm learning that this is an extremely good way to go about doing things. That may seem obvious, but as somebody who has procrastinated on everything for his entire life, this "NOW" stuff is quite new to me :wink: it makes me feel closer to the future, if that makes sense..

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

Re: doing [Re: Strumpling]
    #1360603 - 03/09/03 01:51 PM (21 years, 25 days ago)

yer makin me jealous, Steve... that sounds awesome. I gotta save up some money, then I just want to leave.

yea Matt, I am a fellow procrastinator as well. it really bothers me how much time I spend just sitting and staring, or babbling on about nothing, trying to deny how important experience really is to me.

Offlineschmutzen
King of the side-pins
 User Gallery

Loc: Miss Kitty's Lounge
    #1360630 - 03/09/03 02:00 PM (21 years, 25 days ago)

make a list of everything you need, want to do. Prioritize with A,B,C. never do the B or C before an A.

--------------------

"Blow up your TV, throw away your paper.  Go to the country, build you a home."

Offlineupupup
guardian

Loc: George "I love Hitler" Bu...
    #1360769 - 03/09/03 03:06 PM (21 years, 25 days ago)

Farm. Produce what you need to live on this earth yourself. You will find power in this. There are many opportunities for people who want to learn about how to simply live and be responsible for thier exsistence on this planet.

here are some links for apprenticships for organic farms-

http://www.organicvolunteers.org/
http://www.planetfriendly.net/organic.html#joblistings
http://www.wwoof.org/

--------------------
Support bacteria - they're the only culture some people have.

InvisibleFick_Duck
Truffle Shuffle
Male

Loc: The Hamburger Train
    #1364739 - 03/11/03 03:37 AM (21 years, 24 days ago)

i know what you mean man. were consumers.

"working jobs that we hate, so we can buy shit that we dont need" - Tyler Durden

--------------------
"To know life you must fuck it in the liver." -Dr. Frankenstein, Andy Warhols Frankenstein

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: doing [Re: Fick_Duck]
    #1365238 - 03/11/03 07:02 AM (21 years, 24 days ago)

I recently have came to a lot of the same conclusions as you did.
I am a lazy procrastinator from the start. I realized I am the only one who makes my life what it is. So I have started turning my life around. I still stumble on negative thoughts, but I am isolating them a lot more and ignoring them.
I decided to become really ambitious, though, and am headed into a career in music. It definitely isn't a secure life, trying to make it in a metal band. However, I realize all the things we need to do to better ourselves and get along our path to greatness, and I enjoy working on it. A lot of people have their doubts about trying to make it "big" and everything, but I think all the great bands always knew they were the best and had faith. I do. As long as I am in a band that has some people that dig what we do, and I get to write, record, and tour, no matter how big or small we get, I'll love it. I know I'll love every step along the way.
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order