Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblejtseaweed
Stranger

Loc: in the middle of everywhe...
friends first trip. need advice.
    #1349223 - 03/04/03 07:33 AM (21 years, 20 days ago)

Alright, a friend of mine wants to trip with me and i agreed. this will be his first time tripping. I am an experienced tripper but i have never tripped with someone their first time. Now i want to make this great for him. We will be using some fresh cultivated shrooms that a drunkin mad man that was in an alley behind the bar we got kicked out of gave to us. For music i dont want to put anything to intense on because he will probably flip out if i put some infected mushroom on so i was think maybe a round of tosca, he likes pink floyd so i was going to put on dark side of the moon. What other trippy music would be cool for a noob on a level 3+ trip. I want his minnd to be blown but i dont want him to freak out.

Later,
JT

--------------------

buisness is kickin yo butt

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblesoochi
Chef
 User Gallery

Loc: The Richest County
Re: friends first trip. need advice. [Re: jtseaweed]
    #1349268 - 03/04/03 07:47 AM (21 years, 20 days ago)

toscas great, maybe a little stereolab? or Radiohead? or maybe go out into the forest and listen to the sounds of nature.

--------------------
Wee, sleeket, cowran, tim'rous beastie,
O, what panic's in thy breastie!
Thou need na start awa sae hasty,
Wi' bickering brattle!

Offlinenicene
milkman

Loc: NC
    #1349358 - 03/04/03 08:14 AM (21 years, 20 days ago)

Medeski, Martin, and Wood. Trust me on this. Some of the best trip music there is.

Invisiblejtseaweed
Stranger

Loc: in the middle of everywhe...
Re: friends first trip. need advice. [Re: nicene]
    #1349461 - 03/04/03 08:43 AM (21 years, 20 days ago)

he likes radiohead but im no big fan. but i could tolerate it if he wants to.

--------------------

buisness is kickin yo butt

Offlineshroominbloom
i have arrived

#1349617 - 03/04/03 09:45 AM (21 years, 20 days ago)

If you like it, try some good classic rock, you really can't go wrong. The Doors, Zeppelin, CCR, Yes, Dire Straits, Clapton, Cream, ELO, Dead, Jethro Tull, Hendrix, Skynard, Stones, The Who, and Tom Petty are all good picks, just off the top of my head. I find that (most of) the music is so upbeat that it just puts you in an amazing mood (even when you're not tripping). If you don't like classic rock (but really, how could you not?) then go with something equally upbeat. I can't really suggest anything cause I haven't listened to any current music in a while as it's shit (only in my opinion though). If it's his first time, he'll probably enjoy it regardless, but great music can only make it better (as I'm sure you already know).

--------------------
ha

Offlinepillsbury420
psychedelicscientist

#1349631 - 03/04/03 09:49 AM (21 years, 20 days ago)

Phish is really good tripping music for first timers.. actually.. if you are ever having a bad trip.. put on "brian and robert" or "bliss".. garunteed to calm you down :smile: 

--------------------
The day you were born, you were born free. That is your privilege.

I forgot to remember.

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #1349913 - 03/04/03 11:23 AM (21 years, 20 days ago)

Have a little bit of everything ready. A lot of fun the first few times out is finding out how things are different. Classical sounds very different when tripping than when not. Try some jazz or blues. Keep the ones you know you like handy as well, but don't be afread to explore a bit.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Invisiblewayne
creature

#1352759 - 03/05/03 01:14 PM (21 years, 19 days ago)

personal recommendation: Bjork - Vespertine
this album is quite amazing, really. it is extremely calming, mellow... it seems to have been designed to play into the trip to create fantastic, rhythmic, pulsating visuals that will leave one in total awe.

however, i have had some less-than-pleasant experiences listening to her other albums, some of which have frightening, saddening imagery in the songs. so stay away from everything, i'd say, except for Vespertine.

as far as other bands...definitely go with  The Flaming Lips . anything you can find of theirs will be excellent  :grin:

this is surely a personal thing, perhaps someone out there agrees, but while tripping, i can't stand to listen to much music with lyrics i can readily understand. not sure why, but during a trip i don't often like to be spoken to, and it sometimes frustrates me to hear someone singing unless the voice acts as an instrument, and plays in with the other instruments [see: Bjork]. of course, that's just my opinion.....i could be talking total nonsense, who knows  :tongue: if you agree, i'd like to discuss this though, perhaps in another thread, or you can PM me if you'd like... 

OfflineOKKuato
Amazon BasinRepresentative

Loc: A small planet in the esc...
    #1352851 - 03/05/03 01:50 PM (21 years, 19 days ago)

I double the vote for THE FLAMING LIPS. They own. I also HIGHLY rcommend the Beatles (St. Peppers, Revolver, Abby Road), if your friend is into them.

However, as you mentioned Tosca and Pink Floyd and looking for stuff with fewer lyrics, throw on some MUSHROOM JAZZ by Mark Farina or THE SOUNDS OF THE ASIAN UNDERGROUND by Talvin Singh.

My current favorite Trip CD is YANKEE HOTEL FOXTROT by Wilco. My best night of shrooming ever was spent with SUMMERS TEETH also by Wilco in the stereo.

However, the only peole who can really know what you want to listen to are yourselves. Have a quick chat about it before hand. Anything your friend usually likes should be perfect, and if you have something you really want to share, keep it on hand too. I do agree with having a bit of variety so if something is not working for you, throw something different in to the player.

Have a shroomarific time.

--------------------
Everybody knows what is going wrong with the world,
I don't even know what's going on . . . in myself.

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: friends first trip. need advice. [Re: OKKuato]
    #1353013 - 03/05/03 03:32 PM (21 years, 19 days ago)

Does anybody else find that music that is good on one drug is not so good on another? I love floyd, for example, when on acid. When on shrooms, however, I find the beat to sometimes be too fast. When rolling, it is just the opposite.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineB4rK0d3
Bromeo
 User Gallery

Re: friends first trip. need advice. [Re: Seuss]
    #1353643 - 03/06/03 01:26 AM (21 years, 18 days ago)

Quote:

Have a little bit of everything ready. A lot of fun the first few times out is finding out how things are different. Classical sounds very different when tripping than when not. Try some jazz or blues. Keep the ones you know you like handy as well, but don't be afread to explore a bit.

I think that's the best idea, just have a little of everything ready. If I would've thought about Infected Mushroom last night, I would've blasted that! But, my roommate showed me that Pink Floyd synchronized with the Wizard of Oz track and that was awesome to me...and personally, I can't stand Pink Floyd!

Offlinedumlovesyou
retired shroomer
 User Gallery

Loc: One dimension
    #1353715 - 03/06/03 02:25 AM (21 years, 18 days ago)

I think Shpongle is great for this also. ALSO.. Masive Atack- album MEZANINE Very very cool. You must make little order in your room. I mean clean it little bit.. you know. Have a nice trip. Both of you!  :cool: :wink:

--------------------
I see trees of green, psylocibe mushrooms too
I see them bloom for me and you
And I think to myself what a wonderful world

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: friends first trip. need advice. [Re: dumlovesyou]
    #1354169 - 03/06/03 06:24 AM (21 years, 18 days ago)

Shpongle = Best :wink:

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Invisiblechunder
marker

Loc: The City
Re: friends first trip. need advice. [Re: Strumpling]
    #1354303 - 03/06/03 07:05 AM (21 years, 18 days ago)

Make Yourself and Morning View by incubus are amazing albums to trip to. Morning View is my personal fav to trip to, but MY is the best rock album of the 90's. Just the feeling I get when I get after hearing Under My Umbrella, and then aqueous comes on to take me to this peaceful place of perfection....just so profound. peace.

--------------------

OfflineOKKuato
Amazon BasinRepresentative

Loc: A small planet in the esc...
Re: friends first trip. need advice. [Re: dumlovesyou]
    #1354977 - 03/06/03 11:49 AM (21 years, 18 days ago)

I love Massive Attack's MEZANINE, but I can not stop listening to BLUE LINES. Whenever I got the Massive Attack urge, it always wins. But my favorite MA song will always be TEARDROP.

--------------------
Everybody knows what is going wrong with the world,
I don't even know what's going on . . . in myself.

OfflineSyco
Trigger Man

Re: friends first trip. need advice. [Re: OKKuato]
    #1358721 - 03/08/03 03:41 PM (21 years, 16 days ago)

I find burning mixed cds to be the best trip cds. Maybe try some beatles songs such as free as a bird and Across the Universe(very very trippy song) jefferson airplane go ask alice is another great trippy tune sometimes ill even listen to james brown when im tripping. Just some ideas =-P

--------------------
- I fart in thou general direction -

OfflineTeKn0
†hè
Male User Gallery

Loc: ŵįţĥįń ? ?ŧąţĩ�...
    #1359055 - 03/08/03 07:19 PM (21 years, 16 days ago)

Man, don't be afraid to put on some really trippy shit like Shpongle or Infected Mushroom, I'm sure he could handle it.... and if not he should not be eating mushrooms :wink:

--------------------
Listen, or your tongue will keep you deaf. :wink:
ŦēҜй? - ??ĜįĈ?? ҒűČҝĮńĜ ?đVǻŃčЄмЄńŦ

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag