Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinejarby
Stranger
 User Gallery

Do shrooms cause flashbacks?
    #1358036 - 03/08/03 09:36 AM (21 years, 25 days ago)

Hi, the search thing was down so I wasn't able to search through previous posts to find out the answer to my question. Anyway, do mushrooms cause flashbacks? I ask because lately I'll often see slight visual distortions, though after focusing on them, they'll dissapear, and aren't much of a deal. Sometimes there'll be like a small white bright dot that will appear and dissapear almost instantaneously in my vision, but on one occasion, while playing squash, all of a sudden my vision became litterally full of them, everywhere, and some were moving. This lasted about 10 seconds, and I didn't think much of it, but now that I think about it I think it may have been some kind of flashback, if they exist as a result of munching shrooms. I last munched about 3 months ago (I plan on doing it again of course), and have only done it twice. Thanks for your advice.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedebianlinux
Myconerd - DBK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Over There
Re: Do shrooms cause flashbacks? [Re: jarby]
    #1358089 - 03/08/03 10:13 AM (21 years, 25 days ago)

mind you, i wouldn't think anyone has concrete, conclusive proof on flashbacks. i have had mild flashbacks but I am almost certain they are related to the enormous amounts of LSD i have consumed in my time. i, personally, can't 100% say that my flashbacks were attributed to LSD alone and not also to mushrooms. Somehow, they "feel" like LSD. I was having flashbacks from LSD way before I tried mushrooms. The defnintion of "flashback" is pretty ambigous and I'm certain that it varies with the individual. My "flashbacks" are more or less a very acidheaded feeling and things start to move in and out of focus. When i used to eat a whole lot of acid i was on what i deemed a perma-trip. With just a bit of mind focus i could see colors and pretty well trip. I haven't had a flashback in a long time and i cannot attest to the ones you hear about where somebody has one a decade past their last trip. I had a friend who used to do all sorts of acid and he told me that one time, while in jail, he was sitting in his bunk reading a book and all of a sudden he heard his friend (who was not in jail) say, "Hey, man, want some acid?" and he looked over (whre there should have been a blank wall) and saw his friend holding out a sheet of acid. In the same instant the visual disapeared and he was just staring at the blank, concrete wall. Now that, my friends, is what i call a full-blown flashback. That shit hasn't ever happened to me. Your particular case could be a flashback, who knows, but it sounds like a case of high blood pressure or low blood sugar with all the white dots and all. Anyway...

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1358096 - 03/08/03 10:17 AM (21 years, 25 days ago)

We get "flashbacks" from television and many other drugs as well

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Offlineloupgaroublond
watcher
    #1358107 - 03/08/03 10:22 AM (21 years, 25 days ago)

i used to get both flashbacks to different things in my childhood and those little white dots well before i started tripping. flashbacks are caused by any extreme circumstance, which imprints itself on your mind. doing shrooms or acid is pretty damn extreme, so of course there is a good chance you'll be imprinted. the minor visual distortions are simply a film of water on your eyelid that keeps changing thickness. everyone has that, but usually you don't notice it until you trip once. that film of water is what makes things seem to breathe on shrooms, b/c the shrooms amplify the distortions you normally filter out. don't worry about flashbacks on shrooms too much, they don't feel like you're slipping out of reality, its more just a memory of how you felt and what you thought.

--------------------
---------------------------------------------------
Its only fun until someone has a bad trip
Then its hillarious
---------------------------------------------------

Offlinejarby
Stranger
 User Gallery

#1358109 - 03/08/03 10:25 AM (21 years, 25 days ago)

Thanks a lot for your advice/information everyone.

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
    #1358121 - 03/08/03 10:29 AM (21 years, 25 days ago)

The white dots thing can be caused by, for instance, standing up too quickly. When it happens to me, I literally can't see a thing for a few seconds because of all the visuals getting in the way. It started happening before I ever tripped.

--------------------

OfflineTRaNcE_TriPPeR
TRaNcE FoRTriPPiNG!
Loc: Calgary, Alberta
Re: Do shrooms cause flashbacks? [Re: Revelation]
    #1358214 - 03/08/03 11:49 AM (21 years, 25 days ago)

I have/had full blown flash backs, and some of them are NOT good ones. Most of my flashbacks are related to my bad trips (I've had a few that have fucked me up mentally), and I get the same feelings as if I'm on shrooms and having a bad trip, and I sometimes see things in front of me that freaked me out on bad trips. But I have also had some pretty good flashbacks from only my first trip (feelings of being on shrooms and the surge of energy that I got only when I was on shrooms)(hard to explain.) But my first trip is the best trip I have had to date. I have learned to actually make myself hallucinate and control my hallucinations so that's an upside. These flashbacks range from 10 seconds to about 5 minutes. I have only had one 5 minute flashback, and it was a flashback of a bad trip.

--------------------
"GROOVY" - Popular 60's Slang :smirk:

InvisibleCracka_X
Spiritual Dirt Worshipper
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Swamp
    #1358238 - 03/08/03 12:01 PM (21 years, 25 days ago)

you can get flashbacks from anything.

--------------------
The best way to live
is to be like water
For water benefits all things
and goes against none of them
It provides for all people
and even cleanses those places
a man is loath to go
In this way it is just like Tao        ~Daodejing

InvisibleTxTec
Texas home andheart breaker...

Re: Do shrooms cause flashbacks? [Re: jarby] * 1
    #1358249 - 03/08/03 12:10 PM (21 years, 25 days ago)

its cataracts.....

--------------------
I felt a warm warm breeze that melted metal and steele

Offlineliftedoff420
i need drugs

Loc: fo-1-five
Re: Do shrooms cause flashbacks? [Re: TxTec]
    #1358559 - 03/08/03 02:06 PM (21 years, 25 days ago)

i get mild flashbacks off shrooms occasionally when i smoke herb and stare at somehting for a long time

my flashbacks included nothing more than patterning and flashes in my periphery vision when staring at something, such as a point on the ground

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #1358716 - 03/08/03 03:38 PM (21 years, 25 days ago)

FLASHBACKS
In 1973, Dr. Hall was the Principal Research Officer of the Narcotics Section of the Commonwealth Police Force in Canberra. Dr. Hall had also reported that several drug users had been experiencing recurring `flashbacks' from mushrooms that were similar to `flashbacks' which were associated with LSD consumption.

According to Dr. Karl L. R. Jansen, there is not any firm evidence that mushroom `flashbacks' can occur. Researchers in 1983, have reported that out of 318 specific cases of Psilocybe intoxications occurring in England between l978-l981, 21 patients experienced `flashback phenomena of some form' for up to four months after ingestion", and also mentioned that some of these were the result of drug synergy and polydrug abuse.

"...However, with such a controversial phenomena as `flashbacks', it is necessary to specify precisely what form these do take, so that they may be distinguished from psychological stress reactions wrongly attributed to past drug use." Dr. Hall also pointed out that "if solutions of mushroom extracts were injected intravenously, the results could be very serious." There are no known cases of such injections, and it seems extremely unlikely that anyone would attempt this.

mjshroomer

from Magic Mushrooms of Australia and New Zealand by John W. Allen

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #1358950 - 03/08/03 05:53 PM (21 years, 25 days ago)

John Lennon said he'd taken a thousand trips and never had a flashback in his life. Or knew anyone who ever had one.

Hard to know whether they exist or not - tell people some drug does something to them and a good proportion will convince themselves it's happening to them.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

InvisibleMeat_Log_Smurf
FumbDuck

Loc: BFE
Re: Do shrooms cause flashbacks? [Re: Xlea321]
    #1358992 - 03/08/03 06:17 PM (21 years, 25 days ago)

Where the hells chinacat when you need him? Jeez- JK chinacat

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom