Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1

Loc: SC
effects of "shrooms"
    #1358267 - 03/08/03 02:15 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Yes i was wondering if anyone has information on the effects of shrooms (the illegal kind =) on the human body? I "suffer" from heart diesease and cant find any information on side effects of shrooms. My wife and I are looking to grow some for our personal use and i would like to know the facts and risk before we jump into something. Any help with my search would be great. You have a very nice site goin on here!. Thx

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
keep rolling

Loc: US, Chicago
Re: effects of "shrooms" [Re: kitteh]
    #1358272 - 03/08/03 02:17 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

This is the wrong forum. No problem though one of the mods will move it.

I recomend looking it up at www.erowid.org

-->The above statements may or not be true.
->Quote of the Moment :
"Yea. All bitches are whores who love sex." -Cubie
----> PMs checked daily.

Day Tripper
Loc: UK
    #1358382 - 03/08/03 03:04 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

thenm mushrooms sure can get the heart beatin hard n fast :tongue:

Crash a cig guvnor?

Loc: NC
Re: effects of "shrooms" [Re: The_Clash_UK]
    #1359025 - 03/08/03 08:39 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

i'm not 100% sure about this, but i'm pretty sure that shrooms actually lower the heart rate and lower the blood pressure (but not by much). The only time that your heartrate will go up is if you start to slightly (or majorly)panic. Some people confuse the effects of a panic attack with the actual physical effects of shrooms.

#1359385 - 03/09/03 02:40 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

There was a recent thread (last week or two) in this forum about cardiac toxicity which might be of interest. It's something I've only seen one reference to however so I'm not sure how accurate it is.

Mushrooms are pretty non-toxic (they come around 400 places lower on the physical toxicity list than aspirin) so as far as physical effects are concerned you're pretty safe. If you're the kind of guy who panics then my advice would be to use low doses until you become comfortable with the experience.

Personally mushrooms for me are a massive health benefit - I can always run an extra 2-3 miles for 3 weeks after a trip.

As Bill Hicks said "To have every single cell in your body healed all at once in four hours - it's not the same as drinking a marguerita"  :laugh:

Don't worry, B. Caapi

Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #1359671 - 03/09/03 07:09 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Symptoms produced by eating fresh hallucinogenic mushrooms begin to occur within 15 to 30 minutes after ingestion (or from 5 to 10 minutes when prepared in the form of tea or soup). Symptoms persist for up to four to six hours after ingestion. In 1960, Clinical effects for psilocybine intoxication in humans was reported as being Hollister et al., 1962):

"0-30 minutes - Slight nausea, giddiness (light-headed), abdominal discomfort, weakness, muscle aches and twitches, shivering, anxiety, restlessness, and a numbness of lips.

30-60 minutes - Visual effects (blurring, brighter colors, sharper outlines, longer after-images, visual patterns with closed eyes). Increased hearing, yawning, sweating, facial flushing. Decreased concentration and attention, slow thinking, feelings of unreality, depersonalization, dreamy state. Inco-ordination, tremulous speech.

60-120 minutes - Increased visual effects (colored patterns and shapes, mostly with eyes closed). Wave-motion of viewed surfaces. Impaired distant perception. Euphoria, increased perception, and a slowed passage of time.

120-240 minutes - Waning and nearly complete resolution of above effects. Returning to normal within 4-12 hours. Other effects often include: Decreased salivation and appetite; uncontrollable laughter; transient sexual feelings and synesthesias (e.g., `seeing' sounds)."

For comparison with the clinical experience described above, the following is an excerpt from one of R. Gordon Wasson's experience with psilocybin mushrooms:

"The mushrooms take effect differently with different persons. For example, some seem to experience only a divine euphoria, which may translate itself into uncontrollable laughter. In my case I experienced hallucinations. What I was seeing was more clearly seen than anything I had seen before. At last I was seeing with the eye of the soul, not through the coarse lenses of my natural eyes. Moreover, what I was seeing was impregnated with weighty meaning: I was awe-struck."

From Magic Mushrooms of Australia and new Zealand by John W. Allen at erowid.com

Day Tripper
Loc: UK
Re: effects of "shrooms" [Re: nicene]
    #1359720 - 03/09/03 07:45 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Intresting. Id does worry be when my hear begins to beat fast. But as i know you cant die from those effects i tend not to worry too much. One trip I had, I felt pains in my heart.

Crash a cig guvnor?

Invisiblebilly cuts

Loc: Saturn
Re: effects of [Re: The_Clash_UK]
    #1359839 - 03/09/03 09:06 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

There was a time when every time I would dose I would get chest pains and freak out for awhile. Eventually I just ended up blocking it out or something, as I haven't experienced them in a very long time....

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience