Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSenileDavid
Seeker
Male

Loc: Between reality & madness Flag
Re: growing around childern [Re: Barakanaten]
    #13584438 - 12/05/10 03:35 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

:lmafo:

BTW here's the FULL VERSION of the song/video. Pretty darn talented!!

--------------------

Insane people don't know they're insane; therefore I often question my sanity to make sure I'm not.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTetriana
Crazy Cat Lady
 User Gallery

Loc: a van down by the river Flag
Re: growing around childern [Re: SenileDavid]
    #13584454 - 12/05/10 03:52 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I keep typing and retyping my reply to this... :facepalm:

As far as the outside world knows I am a hard working single mother...
I'm a university student, volunteer at one of the local charity shops, neighbourhood computer repair lady, I work part-time at home, and I'm usually the first person the other mothers in the neighbourhood come to for a cuppa tea and some parenting advice during our weekly parenting group.

I pay my taxes.. pay my bills on time.. have an immaculate credit report.. my kids are well fed, well behaved, and well dressed. I don't even keep alcohol in my house or drink around my children.. what more can I do?

What they don't know about is the secret room under my stairs which is adjacent to my laundry room.. nor will they ever know.. and nor will my children. This makes me a terrible parent, does it? Really? God forbid if I would like to explore my inner self once every 3-6 months while my children are at their father's house. I am quite thankful for the insight mushrooms have given me.

So feel free to cast your small minded judgements on me if doing so will make you feel superior. I don't need your approval. :tardpig:

--------------------

InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Colorado Flag
Re: growing around childern [Re: Tetriana]
    #13584457 - 12/05/10 03:54 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

There's a better way to do that particular thing though. Sclerotia.

--------------------
You make it all possible. Doesn't it feel good?

OfflineSenileDavid
Seeker
Male

Loc: Between reality & madness Flag
Re: growing around childern [Re: Tetriana]
    #13584482 - 12/05/10 04:28 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I have nothing against any of it nor am I hear to judge anyone.

It's the very same with me, single father and sole parent with a little girl (not little anymore) and I had loaded guns in the house.  WHERE? Way out of her reach and where she could never get to them.

I was talking about parents that, like the topic stated, "Growing around children" which MY understanding is where small ones have access to them.

I'm not all HIGH and MIGHTY, I expressed MY OPINION  and my opinion alone.

So if anyone further wants to add to it... great. Otherwise, you can climb off my ass. 

:megacrankey:

--------------------

Insane people don't know they're insane; therefore I often question my sanity to make sure I'm not.

Edited by SenileDavid (12/05/10 04:42 AM)

InvisibleFungal growth
Lootinint
Male User Gallery

Loc: under a rock in your yard
Re: growing around childern [Re: SenileDavid]
    #13585229 - 12/05/10 10:39 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

SenileDavid said:
Quote:

Fungal growth said:
Quote:

SenileDavid said:
Quote:

PoisonCrazy said:
No one puts their entire life on hold for their children (though some come idiotically close).

In simpler terms. What I meant with: "When that baby is born, instantly your life is no longer your own... it belongs to him/her." is that: A decent parent acknowledges that his/her child is dependent on the ability to make right decisions; many times things that we want become inconsequential because the child's upbringing takes priority. Obviously there are times where situations are different, but growing mushrooms around children (and yes, I know that lil.lette.420's question came out wrong) is the same as cooking meth with children around or keeping a loaded gun in child's reach... etc etc.

:wizardfail:

again dave, you stated you have child(ren), but they dont live with you.
yet, growing ilegal mushrooms can still get you hard time, right?
which will mean your kid(s) wont have thier father's influence on thier lives,
no hugs and kisses from you, no financial support, nada.
so.....how do you figure its ok in your situation, but not if they live with you?
in the end, they will still miss out on thier fathers love and wisdom.
you still won't be there.

p.s. god forbid you or any of us ever gets busted, i don't wish that on you or anyone else.
    for some reason i felt i should clarify that.

I agree with you without doubt, don't get me wrong. we're both speaking the same but we're looking at it from different prospectives. As you mentioned, your view is direct consequence of the parent's action mainly upon him/her self trickling down to the child.

My view is the child getting hurt or in danger, ES: by ingesting mushrooms, inhaling perhaps contaminated jars with spores, i dunno... drinking alcohol etc. if that were to happen the parent would pay the consequences.

There is no doubt that any or all of our actions or intentions directly affect someone close or dear to us. It's just greater for small children VS lets say for example, my daughter 21 in college living on her own.

But again, in the end... we're both talking about the same.

hmmmm...maybe.
i'll have to totally disagree with your statement that growing shrooms is the same as cooking meth. w/ chidren around
(or w/o them, i guess, if we extend that logic). theres no explosions associated w/ growing. no fumes. no chemical
burns. no dieing from accidental ingestion. nope, not the same thing.

of course, with the proper knowledge, safety precautions and a small laboratory with the right equipment,
one could even cook meth safely.
i have no moral hangups against any drug. they should ALL be legal, imo.
we could erase 90% of the problems associated with drug use by legalizing them.
and just about clean out our prisons as well.
but this isnt that forum, so i'm done digressing.

OfflinePoisonCrazy
Stranger

Re: growing around childern [Re: Fungal growth]
    #13585497 - 12/05/10 12:01 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Fungal growth said:

Exactly.
Apart from any moral concerns, it just does not make sense to lock up so many millions of people for reasons which are flimsy at best.

InvisibleOzzy
TimeLord
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
Re: growing around childern [Re: PoisonCrazy]
    #13585549 - 12/05/10 12:16 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

WOW!!!!! This thread is still alive......:foreheadslap: someone should take ol' yeller out and end his misery....... :roulette:

Offlinek00laid
NEMO
 User Gallery

Re: growing around childern [Re: Doc_T]
    #13585567 - 12/05/10 12:20 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

dont let better be the enemy of good :rofl:

--------------------
AMU - AMU Q & A - MyVideo Teks!

Offlinekevbo
Manure Connoisseur
Male

Re: growing around children [Re: Ozzy]
    #13585589 - 12/05/10 12:29 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

We can all act high and mighty about this, when we don't have kids or know what its like, or we can just be real. Whether or not someone is a good parent is judged completely independently of whether or not they grow shrooms. Depending on the situation, we'd all do things we never thought we'd do. I don't think people should just change everything about them because they have a kid. Its this perception in society that everyone buckles down and stops doing irresponsible things when they have kids, when in reality many "responsible" people treat their kids like shit anyway. Say its a husband and a wife who want to get a babysitter and trip together and have a small pf tek grow in a locked closet. Isn't that so much better for the kids than the wife/husband cheating on the other because they've grown apart?

OfflinePoisonCrazy
Stranger

Re: growing around childern [Re: Ozzy]
    #13585590 - 12/05/10 12:29 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Ozzy said:
WOW!!!!! This thread is still alive......:foreheadslap: someone should take ol' yeller out and end his misery....... :roulette:

This thread was started YESTERDAY. 26ish hours ago... not exactly a lazarus-style ressurrection

InvisibleOzzy
TimeLord
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
Re: growing around childern [Re: PoisonCrazy]
    #13585627 - 12/05/10 12:54 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

PoisonCrazy said:
Quote:

Ozzy said:

This thread was started YESTERDAY. 26ish hours ago... not exactly a lazarus-style ressurrection

True, but of the two possible answers, which were given very early on, this has turned into  a PUB disscusion, not a cult question. Not that this DEBATE isnt without merit, Its just the wrong place for it. Which has already been said as well.

InvisibleBarakanaten
Ama-gi
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: PNW Mycosphere( Blessed C...
Re: growing around childern [Re: Fungal growth]
    #13587644 - 12/05/10 08:58 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Fungal growth said:

i have no moral hangups against any drug. they should ALL be legal, imo.
we could erase 90% of the problems associated with drug use by legalizing them.
but this isnt that forum, so i'm done digressing.

:bump::christmas::awesantabig::awesanta::bump:
:bump::bump::bump::bump::bump::bump:

:mjk:

--------------------
:mushroomgrow:New to cultivation? :sunny: Have a Question?:mushroomgrow:
Because AMU We Q&A Know
AMU Genetic Library
  Easy Felt
  AMU
:blueangel:
Official PNW Mushroom Hunting Season 2011
"...Though in all else he may be as Saintly as St. Francis, in the pursuit of these ends he is more
Satanic than Satan. He will betray his nearest and dearest without the slightest twitch of flesh or spirit.
He is amoral."
-Definition of a mushroom hunter by ~Angelo Pellegrini
:gallery: :omgawesome: :gallery:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags