Home | Community | Message Board

Crestline Sales - MycoPath
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Contamination Forum

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinesoko
journeyman
Sneaky contamination
    #1357781 - 03/08/03 08:57 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

First grow here, using PF TEK. The mycelium took a long time to colonize because I had some problems with the syringe clogging up with vermiculite and hardly any spores actually getting into the cake. They colonized completly in about a month and a half, then another week for pins, I put them in a big translucent tub. Right after they were in i looked in and saw little green specs on the top of one of the cakes so i got out a blade and cut it out. Within a day i noticed some other cakes started to grow little shrooms and one shroom on one cake had a little green color to it so i took the whole cake out and decided to examine it, i first plucked all the baby shrooms off then cut the cake into little peices, and the shrooms in half. The whole cake inside was all white mycelium, I noticed a SPECK or two, TINY SPECK of green on the outside of the cake. The shrooms i cut of in the beginning were their normal color at first but within 30 seconds had turned an ugly sea-green color. So was it a contam or what? i included a pic of what the color was similar to.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibletheseeker
addict
 User Gallery
Re: Sneaky contamination [Re: soko]
    #1357898 - 03/08/03 10:08 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

bruising.

Invisibletheseeker
addict
 User Gallery
Re: Sneaky contamination [Re: theseeker]
    #1357927 - 03/08/03 10:30 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

ugh, conscience got the better of me.

this shroom is bruised. it looks green and so will your shrooms, hopefully more blue than green, but anyway this is what happens when psilocin oxidizes.

^ this (experimental) casing shows bruising pretty well too.. enlarge the pic to see better.

this casing is doomed. the smell you get is like the smoke before the fire, you know before you see it, you just don't always know where it's coming from. *sigh*

here's a nice contaminated jar. there's really no question about whether it's contaminated or not. you'll always know, and green mold spreads if you don't take care of it (or even if you do) so you'll be pretty sure of when you have contams.

nothing to be worried about, i think you're ok!

Offlinesoko
journeyman
Re: Sneaky contamination [Re: soko]
    #1358086 - 03/08/03 12:12 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks, helped alot.

Edited by soko (03/08/03 12:25 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Contamination Forum