Home | Community | Message Board

Lil Shop Of Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Website Announcements and Feature Feedback

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineLiquidSmoke
My title's cooler than yours DBK

Loc: S.A.G.G.Y.B.A.L.L.S.
I don't appreciate
    #1356589 - 03/07/03 07:26 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Ok I'll start off by saying I for one won't start bitching about whose banned and who shouldn't be banned and such.

I've grown long tired of that meaningless struggle. But there's something I'd like to address as diplomatically as possible.

I don't appreciate it when moderators rub it in when a user gets banned. Of course there were logical reasons for a user being banned that I'm probably unaware of. But I honestly don't think polking fun at a banned user really does anything constructive.

This applies to a number of mods whose names I won't mention. I just think it's of very low class to be saying something like "hey! where'd that user go???" and basically capitalizing smiles out of another's misfortunes.

That is all I have to say.

--------------------
"Shmokin' weed, Shmokin' wizz, doin' coke, drinkin' beers.  Drinkin' beers beers beers, rollin' fatties, smokin' blunts.  Who smokes tha blunts?  We smoke the blunts" - Jay and Silent Bob strike Back

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
Re: I don't appreciate [Re: LiquidSmoke]
    #1356881 - 03/07/03 09:31 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I can't speak for other mods here, but I can offer up my own perspective on the situation.

There are many mods here who all mod in their own unique style.  What you may see as "basically capitalizing smiles out of another's misfortunes," may actually be intended as a simple attempt to warn the membership that they should follow the rules.  I'm assuming your referring to the recent ban of Joe666 - but you have to realise he has constantly hassled the staff of this site (particularly Senor_Doobie), and did not have any respect for the forum policy.  Thus, he is a bit of an example to other users that they best keep themselves in line if they know what's good for them :wink:

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

InvisibleSenor_Doobie
Snake Pit Champion
 User Gallery

Loc: Wexico
    #1356886 - 03/07/03 09:35 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I don't think I did any of that, but if I did, I'd appreciate knowing about it so I could apologize.

--------------------

OfflineLiquidSmoke

Re: I don't appreciate [Re: Senor_Doobie]
    #1356920 - 03/07/03 09:56 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I wasn't pointing out doobie. There were others who weren't even primarily involved in the conflict who just felt like capitolizing on the whole situation.

And if that falls under the acception of "style of modding" then I really don't know what else to say.

--------------------
"Shmokin' weed, Shmokin' wizz, doin' coke, drinkin' beers.  Drinkin' beers beers beers, rollin' fatties, smokin' blunts.  Who smokes tha blunts?  We smoke the blunts" - Jay and Silent Bob strike Back

OfflineShrewDigsby
Toker
Male User Gallery

Loc: Shrewtown somewhere near ...
    #1361830 - 03/10/03 05:17 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

>I'm assuming your referring to the recent ban of Joe666 - but you have to realise he has constantly hassled the staff of this site (particularly Senor_Doobie), and did not have any respect for the forum policy. Thus, he is a bit of an example to other users that they best keep themselves in line if they know what's good for them

I think when a member is banned a clear enough example is set.  It would probably be in the best interest of Admins/mods to maturely handle a ban w/o adding any further antagonistic/inappropriate posts.  It would show members that this topic is not up for discussion, period.

Anywho, if you like that mods have their "own style" (which i think sounds really silly) then let the annoying games of dissention continue.

Have a good one :laugh:

Edit*** :tongue:

--------------------
Marijuana is a horticultural plant.  Hemp is an industrial weed.  I believe they were both provided to us by GOD to use and enjoy.

Edited by ShrewDigsby (03/10/03 07:28 AM)

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
Re: I don't appreciate [Re: ShrewDigsby]
    #1363042 - 03/10/03 01:38 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I'll assume your post was directed towards me, since it contained a rather large excerpt from my comments.

How is the membership to know when a person is banned unless a moderator makes it clear?  Users don't get notified via PM for bannings, so word of mouth has to get around somehow.  Now I'm not speaking for every mod or admin here - I myself don't relish in anyone's banning, and wouldn't go to great lengths to shove the fact in people's faces.  But I do support the idea that the membership should be aware of bannings and why the person was banned. 

I don't spend much time in OTD as I concentrate my efforts on Trip Tips, ODD, and the various communications between the staff and the membership - so I'm kinda in the dark here about what LiquidSmoke was even referring to when he started this post.  I'm just clarifying that the moderators of this site all have their own personal opinions and methodology of handling various situations.  If you think that's silly, you must think we're all robots from the same mold, incapable of differing viewpoints (.. talk about silly :tongue:). 

Provided you have a serious complaint regarding the actions of a specific moderator - I encourage you to contact me or one of the other admins and we will attempt to resolve the situation to the satisfaction of all parties as best we can.  Do not assume that every moderator has a strict set of guidelines they need to follow.  We are not a business, we are a voluntary organization of people, just like you, who are giving our time to help this site run smoothly.  It should be obvious that each moderator handles the issues of their forum(s) with unique character.

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

OfflineLiquidSmoke

Re: I don't appreciate [Re: geokills]
    #1363257 - 03/10/03 03:14 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

[qoute]But I do support the idea that the membership should be aware of bannings and why the person was banned.

I think yer onto something. That would probably be a good idea imho.

--------------------

OfflineShrewDigsby
Toker
Male User Gallery

Loc: Shrewtown somewhere near ...
Re: I don't appreciate [Re: geokills]
    #1363520 - 03/10/03 04:53 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

>you think that's silly, you must think we're all robots from the same mold, incapable of differing viewpoints (.. talk about silly ).

>Provided you have a serious complaint regarding the actions of a specific moderator - I encourage you to contact me or one of the other admins and we will attempt to resolve the situation to the satisfaction of all parties as best we can. Do not assume that every moderator has a strict set of guidelines they need to follow. We are not a business, we are a voluntary organization of people, just like you, who are giving our time to help this site run smoothly. It should be obvious that each moderator handles the issues of their forum(s) with unique character.

Point well taken.  I have no qualms.  I have a business backround so I guess my ideas about runnin and managing efficiencies are a bit more rooted in control stabled structures :tongue:...I admit it tends to omit the human factor :laugh:  Sorry if my post didn't sound so nice. 

--------------------
Marijuana is a horticultural plant.  Hemp is an industrial weed.  I believe they were both provided to us by GOD to use and enjoy.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Feedback and Administration >> Website Announcements and Feature Feedback