Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MushBank.com Pink oyster live culture   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Brown Rice Flour, HEPA Filter, Laminar Flow Hood, Malt Extract, Parafilm, Petri Dish, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9  [ show all ]
InvisibleTranscendingLife
I Don't Need a Life to Live
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
How TL Makes A Glove Box / Still Air Box Tek (W/ PICTURES) * 14
    #13552603 - 11/28/10 03:22 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

First off, thanks to RogerRabbit.  This glovebox/still air box is his design.  I just made a tek out of it seeing that there are so many people out there looking for one.

Link to My Journal Page

Warning: This tek is not cheap and does require the use of power tools.  If you don’t have the tools/supplies already on hand, it will cost around $80 US (not including buying a drill).

Supplies:
- (1) Sterilite tote, I chose this one, because it has a clear lid, which keeps cost down from buying plexiglass. (You may want to buy 2, because you may screw up, which saves a trip.  Also, I found large totes w/ clear lids hard to find.  Always good to stock up a bit, use them for FC’s or storage.)
- (1) Tube of silicone (for exterior of PVC/GB)
- (1) Tube of silicone II (for interior of PVC/GB)
- (2) 4” PVC Cleanout Adapters (for arm holes)
- (1) 4-1/2” Holesaw (to cut holes for PVC Adapters), also purchase the Arbor for it as well (unless it comes w/ it; mine didn’t).  Also, you don't want to burn plastic.  The fumes are  :toxic: , and your holes turn out like shit.
- (2) 4” PVC Cleanout Plugs (to temporarily close the Adapters to stop MOST airflow)
- (1) Tyvek suit (for arms) OR if you can find just Tyvek Sleeves even better
- (2) 3-9/16 – 4-1/2” Stainless Steel (SS) Clamps (Stainless because they’ll hold up better to cleaning) – Also, you may want to go the next size up; they’re kinda tight when loosened fully
- (1) pair of rubber gloves
- (1) Drill
- (1) Package of Sandpaper (I use a medium grit) – this will help the Silicone adhere to the tote
- (1) measuring tape
- (1) Magic Marker/Sharpie

Pre-Construction:
1. Smoke a bowl and/or have a beer (if you don’t smoke nor drink, skip this step)
2. Place your tote on it’s side opposite of where your armholes will be
3. Put the PVC Adapters, skinnier side to tote, on the tote and trace, as best you can, the PVC, this makes it easier to know where to cut
a. Be sure to “test” your location by reaching around the sides and make sure you can go throughout your tote.
4. Measure from side to side and top to bottom & mark w/ the sharpie to find the “center.”  It doesn’t have to be EXACT but you want to be as close as you can, as this is where the Arbor will go, thus dictating the location of your armholes.
5. Connect your Arbor to your Drill then your holesaw.

Construction:
1. Place your tote on it’s side where the armholes will be and drill forward, from the inside, to start the hole.
a. The holesaw will lock-up against the tote once the Arbor is all the way through and the edges hit the container.
b. Switch the drill to reverse, then SLOWLY, with a slight rocking motion, work your way through the tote.  DON’T force it! You’ll crack your tote, let the saw do the work.
i. I don’t remember who said to run it in reverse, or even if they were being serious, but it works way better than going forward.  I haven’t cracked a tote since using this method w/ the holesaw (see picture).

ii. If you’re doing this outside and it’s cold, you may want to warm up the tote w/ a hair drier for a few seconds.  This will reduce the brittleness of the tote where you’re drilling.
2. Once both holes are cut, run your sand paper over both side of the tote, but DO NOT run it inside the holes.  Also, you can easily pick off the melted plastic.
a. Don’t go over board on the surface area you’re grinding.  You want to stay as close to the holes as possible, which keeps the tote clear so you can see better.
b. The hole is perfect as the PVC will be snug unless you sand the interior of the holes, and we want them snug.  This will reduce air flow/exchange, which we don’t want.
3. Put a nice bead of silicone around PVC Adapter where the skinny turns to large (see picture).

4. Insert PVC Adapters into Tote with a slight twisting motion until you get to the silicone, then just press it in.  DON’T force them as you may crack the tote.

a. Let cure/dry for a few hours, I let mine sit over night on the opposite side of the holes.  I wouldn’t recommend having it sit up right as gravity may work against your silicone, tote &/or seal.

5. Run a bead of Silicone II on the PVC inside the tote to seal it. 
a. This will help take some stress off the exterior silicone as well ensure an airtight seal.
b. Let dry for several hours, Type II Silicone sets in about 1-3 Hours depending on the brand.

6. Cut the sleeves off your Tyvek suit to fit the interior of the box & to slide over the PVC Adapters.
a. Initially, I cut the sleeves at the armpit/shoulder and put it on, then reach into the glove box noticing where it stops.  I then cut about 2” above (closer to the armpit) than this, which leaves some slack to toy around wit.
7. Put the Tyvek arms OVER the interior piece of the PVC.
8. Slide your SS Clamps over the Tyvek Suit and secure to the PVC.

a. DON’T attach your gloves! You want to be able to take your arm out of the GB to flame your needle or scalpel.  Spare Tyvek is always good to have around.  Therefore, keep all your scraps, and you can use them to make air filters for whatever you want.  I throw nothing away in this hobby.  It always comes back later that I need something I thought was scrap.

Final Product:

Well there she is.  My little GB/SAB.  There's two different styles here.  One's smaller w/out tyvek sleeves and no PVC adapters.  The other is for the tek above, which works WAY better.  If I left anything out, please let me know.  I’m stoned ATM and may have overlooked a minute detail.  But from what I’ve posted, I think, with a little common sense, anyone can figure out how to make a GB/SAB.  Just remember, NEVER ATTACH YOUR GLOVES TO THE GB! PLEASE!

--------------------
Looking for Dictyophora Indusiata (Phallus Indusiatus) Cultures Please PM me for a trade

AMU: We Quickly Answer Questions Here
"One must accept the probability of failure to experience the elation of success." - TranscendingLife
“A man of genius makes no mistakes; his errors are volitional and are the portals of discovery.” - James Joyce
:sporedrop::sporedrop::mushroomgrow::sporedrop::sporedrop::wow:How I Do EVERYTHING:wow::sporedrop::sporedrop::mushroomgrow::sporedrop::sporedrop:
"Your vision will become clear only when you can look into your own heart…. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes."- Carl Jung
"Anything that can be done chemically can be done by other means."- William S. Burroughs
"You are as dead now as you will ever be" - Seth

Edited by TranscendingLife (07/05/11 11:33 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleBarakanaten
Ama-gi
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: PNW Mycosphere( Blessed C...
Re: GloveBox/Still Air Box Tek [Re: TranscendingLife]
    #13552633 - 11/28/10 03:29 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Very nice! :borat:

Great right up:thumbup:

I think this will help some people and it is nice to see variances on teks like GB's...etc..etc.

Looks like you put some great effort into this and a job well done:congrats:

:chugbeer:

--------------------
:mushroomgrow:New to cultivation? :sunny: Have a Question?:mushroomgrow:
Because AMU We Q&A Know
AMU Genetic Library
  Easy Felt
  AMU
:blueangel:
Official PNW Mushroom Hunting Season 2011
"...Though in all else he may be as Saintly as St. Francis, in the pursuit of these ends he is more
Satanic than Satan. He will betray his nearest and dearest without the slightest twitch of flesh or spirit.
He is amoral."
-Definition of a mushroom hunter by ~Angelo Pellegrini
:gallery: :omgawesome: :gallery:

Offlinesaintpedro
nom nom nom

Loc: heliosphere
    #13552655 - 11/28/10 03:34 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Classy glovebox man!  Makes mine look ghetto as.  Nice tek, gonna upgrade my GB now you've inspired me.

InvisibleBarakanaten
Ama-gi
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: GloveBox/Still Air Box Tek [Re: saintpedro]
    #13552667 - 11/28/10 03:37 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

See already you have germinated inspiration:grin:

--------------------
Because AMU We Q&A Know
AMU Genetic Library
  Easy Felt
  AMU
"...Though in all else he may be as Saintly as St. Francis, in the pursuit of these ends he is more
Satanic than Satan. He will betray his nearest and dearest without the slightest twitch of flesh or spirit.
He is amoral."

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: GloveBox/Still Air Box Tek [Re: Barakanaten]
    #13552676 - 11/28/10 03:41 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Yup, it's all good man.  Really it's worth the money to buy the holesaw.  I forgot to add something though...which I'm going to do real quick.  The holesaw is a life saver though.  Greatest investment to make the holes easy and precise.

--------------------
Looking for Dictyophora Indusiata (Phallus Indusiatus) Cultures Please PM me for a trade

"One must accept the probability of failure to experience the elation of success." - TranscendingLife
“A man of genius makes no mistakes; his errors are volitional and are the portals of discovery.” - James Joyce
:sporedrop::sporedrop::mushroomgrow::sporedrop::sporedrop::wow:How I Do EVERYTHING:wow::sporedrop::sporedrop::mushroomgrow::sporedrop::sporedrop:
"Your vision will become clear only when you can look into your own heart…. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes."- Carl Jung
"Anything that can be done chemically can be done by other means."- William S. Burroughs

InvisiblehamloafS
7, 8, 11, 13!
Male User Gallery

Loc: 42. Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #13552761 - 11/28/10 04:06 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

First to post rate (+1) plus first to rate you up for a nicely laid out tek with pics!  :mushroom2:

I especially liked step 1 of the pre-construction.  I prefer the still-air box over the glove-box design simply because I can flame sterilize my cultivation tools and apply alcohol to my gloves outside of the box  then move into the box whilst my cultivation tools are still red hot and my gloves are freshly soaked with alcohol.

--------------------

How I Get Stuff done. - My Reference Guide. - My Grows.

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: GloveBox/Still Air Box Tek [Re: hamloaf]
    #13552839 - 11/28/10 04:22 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

hamloaf said:

I especially liked step 1 of the pre-construction.  I prefer the still-air box over the glove-box design simply because I can flame sterilize my cultivation tools and apply alcohol to my gloves outside of the box  then move into the box whilst my cultivation tools are still red hot and my gloves are freshly soaked with alcohol.

It's my favorite step too! It's the first step to everything, really. LOL
Exactly why i say to NEVER attach the gloves, use the Tyvek sleeves.  thanks for the rating, much love. :thumbup:

--------------------

InvisibleBarakanaten
Ama-gi
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #13552884 - 11/28/10 04:33 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

hamloaf said:
I prefer the still-air box over the glove-box design simply because I can flame sterilize my cultivation tools and apply alcohol to my gloves outside of the box  then move into the box whilst my cultivation tools are still red hot and my gloves are freshly soaked with alcohol.

I just apply Iso Alc Very very liberally and "nuke" the box once saturated I flame my needle INSIDE the box.
I am very pleased with the results and I think I will write up a
"how to turn your GB into a flamethrower" tek..:lmafo:

--------------------
Because AMU We Q&A Know
AMU Genetic Library
  Easy Felt
  AMU
He is amoral."

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: GloveBox/Still Air Box Tek [Re: Barakanaten] * 1
    #13553006 - 11/28/10 04:59 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Barakanaten said:

I just apply Iso Alc Very very liberally and "nuke" the box once saturated I flame my needle INSIDE the box.

I hope you're being sarcastic. :blush: There's lots of horror stories of people literally blowing up GB's by flaming inside after wiping w/ alcohol.  Iso is HIGHLY flammable.  It's rated as a Class 1 flammable liquid, even when it's "spent."

--------------------

InvisibleBarakanaten
Ama-gi
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: GloveBox/Still Air Box Tek [Re: TranscendingLife] * 1
    #13553034 - 11/28/10 05:06 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

todlow said:
Quote:

Barakanaten said:

I hope you're being sarcastic. :blush: There's lots of horror stories of people literally blowing up GB's by flaming inside after wiping w/ alcohol.  Iso is HIGHLY flammable.  It's rated as a Class 1 flammable liquid, even when it's "spent."

well of course...As you can see I have a horror story of my own...
notice the shriveled up sleeve:whoa:

Can you imagine what it is like to be on fire :onfire: and not be able to get your hands out of a GB while your running around screaming :omgawesome:

If anyone took that literally I have a bridge to sell them:lol:

--------------------
Because AMU We Q&A Know
AMU Genetic Library
  Easy Felt
  AMU
He is amoral."

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #13553075 - 11/28/10 05:14 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Barakanaten said:

Can you imagine what it is like to be on fire :onfire: and not be able to get your hands out of a GB while your running around screaming :omgawesome:

:ilold:

Good stuff.  I wish you had a video of it, because I bet you looked hilarious running around w/ a GB on your arms while it's on fire!  :lmafo: w/ :facepalm:

--------------------

InvisibleBarakanaten
Ama-gi
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #13554674 - 11/28/10 10:55 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

todlow said:
Quote:

Barakanaten said:

:ilold:

Good stuff.  I wish you had a video of it, because I bet you looked hilarious running around w/ a GB on your arms while it's on fire!  :lmafo: w/ :facepalm:

:ashamed: :lmafo::lmafo::lmafo: I learn the hard way. :commonsense:

--------------------
Because AMU We Q&A Know
AMU Genetic Library
  Easy Felt
  AMU
He is amoral."

Offlineafrosheen
9Lives the cat
Male User Gallery

#13554896 - 11/28/10 11:45 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Excellent write-up, nice pictures and steps. However, let it be noted that instead of a hole saw, you could have used a heated up coffee can and shoved it through the side. That gives you the right sized hole and smooths out the edges in one step and most people probably have a coffee can laying around.

--------------------

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: GloveBox/Still Air Box Tek [Re: afrosheen]
    #13554917 - 11/28/10 11:50 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

I agree, the coffee can will work perfectly.  However, melting plastic produces toxic fumes that are horrible for your lunges/ general health.  Therefore, I DO NOT recommend it.  Also, if you're going to use the coffee can, make sure you measure it and find the appropriate sized PVC.  Also, the "perfect" sized holes IS NOT necessary, I like the holes snug, not loose, which requires the hole saw and, possibly, a little elbow grease + sand paper.  This tek is for 4" Adapters using a 4-1/2" holesaw.  Adjust and measure appropriately, please.
My moto to live by: The right tool for the right job.

--------------------

Edited by TranscendingLife (11/28/10 11:57 PM)

Offlineoldmyco
Perma-5 Mushroom Rating
Re: GloveBox/Still Air Box Tek [Re: afrosheen]
    #13554920 - 11/28/10 11:51 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

great tip on running the drill in reverse. ill use that next time for sure.

just the thought of alcohol vapors and an open flame in a shut glove box makes me cringe.

--------------------
Deal with it

InvisibleBarakanaten
Ama-gi
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #13556275 - 11/29/10 10:09 AM (8 years, 5 months ago)

@me :lol:

The double facepalm is reserved for special occasions :lmafo:

--------------------
Because AMU We Q&A Know
AMU Genetic Library
  Easy Felt
  AMU
He is amoral."

InvisibleWise Toad
 User Gallery

#13558154 - 11/29/10 06:27 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Very cool write-up, iv been wanting to make a still air box. I plan to go all out when I make it, which means getting a micro torch and an air ionizer to go with it. Science!

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: GloveBox/Still Air Box Tek [Re: Wise Toad]
    #13559786 - 11/29/10 11:04 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Just make sure not to use ANY air flow through-out the GB/SAB.  That's the point of the GB/SAB, NO airflow.  On the other side, I don't use ANYTHING outside the unit to circulate air.  That's what we're trying to stop/reduce.  I turn off the AC/HEAT, and move extremely slowly, as to reduce air movement. 
On a side note, look into "moving w/out sound" this book will help you significantly in your mycology.  Yes, it's a bit odd, the idea of moving w/out "sound."  However, the Asian ninjas, yes there are still "ninjas" around, have followed this book and found a way to utilize it.
JUST REMEMBER THIS SIMPLE PRINCIPLE:  NO SOUND = MINIMAL AIR MOVEMENT, because Air Movement = Friction, which = sound. 

Yes, it's odd, but completely possible.  I wish I knew the EXACT name of the book, but I don't.  It's atleast 1000 pages long, but, if you study hard, you'll understand, and you'll be able to apply this every day.

Damn it, Barakanaten, I'm getting into your "conspiracy" theories. :wow:

--------------------

OfflineMaverick
Lover of Earwigs!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Mountains of Multnomah Flag
    #13559787 - 11/29/10 11:04 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Help me design arm holes for my glovebox.

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: GloveBox/Still Air Box Tek [Re: Maverick]
    #13559829 - 11/29/10 11:12 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

LOL, it looks like you already have arm holes.  What are their size? I'm sure they're consistent considering your GB is made out of wood.
I'd recommend you measure your arm holes from top to bottom and side to side and figure the diameter from there (guesstimating, of course.)
I'd, personally, recommend going slightly LARGER than what you measure.  That way you can "dremel"/sand the hole out to fit the PVC snugly.
Also, I WOULDN'T recommend trying to buy a holesaw and drill it outwards (larger) from there.  You'll end up chipping the wood and F'ing the GB up. Just go w/ PVC as close as you can and sand the INTERIOR of the arm holes out.  I used the same method to make by bulk humidifier.  I went 1/16" tighter w/ the holesaw than the PVC was, partially because holesawes don't come in 1/16" increments and other to make a snugger fit.
Much love, GL w/ your adventures.

--------------------

OfflineMaverick
Lover of Earwigs!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #13559845 - 11/29/10 11:15 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

I mean arm ports :frown:

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #13559915 - 11/29/10 11:27 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Read what I said.  I knew what you're talking about.  You want a fitting for the Arm holes you've already put in place.  Just carefully READ my previous post. (Not trying to be mean nor sarcastic. I know I come off that way.  It's just how I type.)
----Probably should put that in my sig?

--------------------

InvisibleBarakanaten
Ama-gi
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #13560474 - 11/30/10 01:32 AM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Your Tek is great, I hope you don't mind me sharing or contributing.
A small adjustment I ended up making to mine after staring at my GB for a while during its construction, was offset arm holes. The right arm is higher. works really good for Inoculations especially with the big ol 60cc/ml.:super:

If I feel like flipping it upside down the right arm still is higher then the left.

I actually have a clear lid that goes over the top.

Quote:

todlow said:

Damn it, Barakanaten, I'm getting into your "conspiracy" theories. :wow:

:lmafo: It's alternative history, and just that!

An alternative to the garbage that is foisted upon the ignorant by the Educational edifices and progenitors of Horace Mann & Johann Gottlieb Fichte.

Traditional definitions of "conspiracy theory" were neutral, phlegmatic, evocative and descriptive.

Such as:
Any concurrence in action; combination in bringing about a given result.

Currently the establishments have brought about the current image of "conspiracy theories"
as wild, overzealous and pejorative :tinfoil::paranoid:

But like I said I don't like talking about it, people get cranky about whats real and whats ...well just absolutely deranged...haha:sunny:

--------------------
Because AMU We Q&A Know
AMU Genetic Library
  Easy Felt
  AMU
He is amoral."

Edited by Barakanaten (12/02/10 03:35 AM)

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #13561576 - 11/30/10 09:49 AM (8 years, 5 months ago)

I like the offset idea.  I just make sure that they're wide enough apart and high enough w/in the tote though.  Also, that's why I use 4" adapters.  They allow A LOT of arm movement w/in the GB/SAB.

I follow ya on the "conspiracy theories" man.:rockon:

--------------------

InvisibleBarakanaten
Ama-gi
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #13563349 - 11/30/10 05:19 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

:mjk:

--------------------
Because AMU We Q&A Know
AMU Genetic Library
  Easy Felt
  AMU
He is amoral."

Invisiblearis
Feline Bovine

Loc: dl
    #13572689 - 12/02/10 01:07 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Barakanaten said:
Quote:

hamloaf said:
I prefer the still-air box over the glove-box design simply because I can flame sterilize my cultivation tools and apply alcohol to my gloves outside of the box  then move into the box whilst my cultivation tools are still red hot and my gloves are freshly soaked with alcohol.

Do you use 10% bleach in the box to prevent hazard?  Do u use hand cleaner instead of alcohol on yr gloves?

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: GloveBox/Still Air Box Tek [Re: aris]
    #13572738 - 12/02/10 01:22 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

I do neither of those and have yet to have a problem.  If you read closely, he says that his flame was INSIDE the SAB...:smbfacepalm: Besides, you can just use hot water and soap to wash it out, but iso works way better w/ a little Oust...then keep the lamp next to the SAB and flame outside.  They're really easy, just NEVER, as Barak learned, put your flame Inside the GB/SAB

--------------------

InvisibleShaggy Shaman
Divine Conduit
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
    #13577910 - 12/03/10 05:57 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

todlow said:
I do neither of those and have yet to have a problem.  If you read closely, he says that his flame was INSIDE the SAB...:smbfacepalm: Besides, you can just use hot water and soap to wash it out, but iso works way better w/ a little Oust...then keep the lamp next to the SAB and flame outside.  They're really easy, just NEVER, as Barak learned, put your flame Inside the GB/SAB

Are you spraying ISO in there or wiping it down? I'm building one of these this weekend but am not sure how to clean it before each use without getting the tyvek sleeves wet.

--------------------
"Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business."
— Tom Robbins

“The true value of a human being can be found in the degree to which he has attained liberation from the self"
-- Albert Einstein

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: GloveBox/Still Air Box Tek [Re: Shaggy Shaman]
    #13577934 - 12/03/10 06:02 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Make the sleeves removable.  Really you're looking for the MOST sterile you can get it.  It's never going to be 100% sterile.  Wipe down the box or mist it w/ ISO then put the sleeves in.  I mist the SS clamps too.  You can wash the tyvek sleeves too.  Once you've reassembled the GB/SAB blast it with oust or lysol air disinfectant. You should be good w/ that.

--------------------

InvisibleDAZER
Mythical Creature
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #13577974 - 12/03/10 06:10 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Where did you  purchase your storage tote at i like the dimensions and the clear lid is awesome nice GB.

--------------------

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: GloveBox/Still Air Box Tek [Re: DAZER]
    #13578063 - 12/03/10 06:27 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

The Big Evil Store (WM)...Just keep looking man.  I looked in about 10 different stores and found the smaller ones that have the black arm holes, then I was there randomly one day picking up supplies and found that beast. I think it's 71 Quart...rofl. It's 17" tall x 13" wide  x 25" Wide (roughly).  GL searching.  Just keep your eyes open, the clear lid is the hardest thing to find.  I found plenty that were huge but not clear...

--------------------

InvisibleDAZER
Mythical Creature
 User Gallery

#13578220 - 12/03/10 07:19 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Alright cool thanks Ill have hit up wally world tonight iv got a similar GB like yours with the black arm holes but I find it hard to work with using quart jars.

--------------------

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: GloveBox/Still Air Box Tek [Re: DAZER]
    #13578246 - 12/03/10 07:26 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

DAZER said:
Alright cool thanks Ill have hit up wally world tonight iv got a similar GB like yours with the black arm holes but I find it hard to work with using quart jars.

:thumbup: That's why I went w/ the 4" PVC also.  I put my arms in the smaller one and was like :awewtf:, even after "trying" them on in the store...rofl, I know i looked like an idiot.  It works, but for way smaller projects.  Quarts are :wow: in a small GB.

--------------------

InvisibleWise Toad
 User Gallery

#13579025 - 12/03/10 10:20 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

I was planing on getting a torch that would light inside a still air box providing my flame, and i also plan on connecting the tyvek sleeves to the gloves in a non-removable fashion. The problem is I will go up in flames quickly after. What should I use instead of iso. to clean the sides of the GB, just soapy water? Will the Lysol screw me over and if so what should I spray instead? If I leave the gloves in there can I wash them with soap too. Hope this hasn't already been answered. Iv been doing open air inoc.s for far too long:tongue:

OfflinexChaosMonkeyx
some dude
    #13579274 - 12/03/10 11:15 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Wise Toad said:
I was planing on getting a torch that would light inside a still air box providing my flame, an

Have you not read this thread at all?

DO NOT TRY TO IGNITE A FLAME IN A SAB, regardless of what you clean it with.  Remove syringe through armholes, flame sterilize, put back through arm holes, fill arm holes with arms.

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: GloveBox/Still Air Box Tek [Re: xChaosMonkeyx]
    #13579418 - 12/03/10 11:45 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

xChaosMonkeyx said:
Quote:

Wise Toad said:
I was planing on getting a torch that would light inside a still air box providing my flame, an

Have you not read this thread at all?

DO NOT TRY TO IGNITE A FLAME IN A SAB, regardless of what you clean it with.  Remove syringe through armholes, flame sterilize, put back through arm holes, fill arm holes with arms.

:whathesaid::wow:

Closed Container + Flame = Ignition of ANYTHING Flammable.

Fire strives for 02, why then would you put a flame in something you're trying to stop 02 transfer from?  The fact of having a FIRE in your GB/SAB is contradictory to what you're attempting to do.  By having a flame, you're forcing air into your GB.  Fire goes towards 02 BTW, ever seen "Backdraft?"  That's what You're going to do w/ a flame inside your GB/SAB.  Where does said backdraft go?  On your arms! = no good, ask Barak :lmafo:

--------------------

Invisiblearis
Feline Bovine

#13580930 - 12/04/10 11:34 AM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Wise Toad said:
I was planing on getting a torch that would light inside a still air box providing my flame, and i also plan on connecting the tyvek sleeves to the gloves in a non-removable fashion. The problem is I will go up in flames quickly after. What should I use instead of iso. to clean the sides of the GB, just soapy water? Will the Lysol screw me over and if so what should I spray instead? If I leave the gloves in there can I wash them with soap too. Hope this hasn't already been answered. Iv been doing open air inoc.s for far too long:tongue:

get a $1 spray bottle that has measurement markings on the side. mix 1 part bleach to 9 parts water or use soapy water.  Don't spray anything you don't want bleached!!  People say oust is good to clean air but the bleach mix  works too and is way cheaper.  I might b wrong but lysol is mostly alcohol... It has some sort of residual action that is supposed to continue to prevent things from growing.  I don't know why everyone is so aerosol happy(do cfc's still exist).  You will run out of Lysol fast if you use it to chemically sterilize all your surfaces.  Its meant for surfaces not air (thats why folks use the oust or 1/10 bleach water i guess)
PS u don't need a torch and it shouldn't be in the GB anyway.

read whole threads or smell like burnt hair!

InvisibleWise Toad
 User Gallery

Re: GloveBox/Still Air Box Tek [Re: aris]
    #13585371 - 12/05/10 01:26 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Don't know, I got the Ideas from an old post by hyphae where he described how his still air box worked. His had a micro-torch and an air ionizer along with gloves attached to the sleeves which made it completely air tight. He would spray it down and come back in 30 minutes when whatever he used was settled. The micro torch lit in the absence of air and only activated when needed. Maybe Im going a little over my head trying to mimic such a expert grower but I thought it was some really cool equipment and wanted to figure out a way to make my own. Damn I should have written down the name of the post, was some really cool stuff, ill have to go looking for it.

InvisibleWise Toad
 User Gallery

#13585448 - 12/05/10 01:49 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

After a good bit of searching I found the post http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/10683778/fpart/1/vc/1, read the whole thing. The actual design and pics of the SAB is on the second page

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #13590595 - 12/06/10 03:34 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

I'll be out of the country w/out internet connection for the next two weeks.

Much Love

--------------------

InvisibleWise Toad
 User Gallery

#13590612 - 12/06/10 03:36 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Have a good trip:wave:

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #13599727 - 12/08/10 03:47 AM (8 years, 5 months ago)

It's a GREAT Trip, I'm in EGYPT!!! :rockon:

--------------------

Offlinekustah
Learner...
Male User Gallery

#13600085 - 12/08/10 08:37 AM (8 years, 5 months ago)

i built glowebox from this tek and i use pc fan and 2 layer anti bacterial vacuum cleaner filter . i thought positive pressure helpful for cantam risk.

Invisiblearis
Feline Bovine

#13608352 - 12/09/10 06:48 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

u should buy a stuffed domestic cat while you r in egypt

InvisiblePhoenix Crash
Lesbian Seagull
Male

Loc: From Paris With Love
Re: GloveBox / Still Air Box Tek (W/ PIX) [Re: TranscendingLife]
    #13608475 - 12/09/10 07:07 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Sweetest GB tek I've seen yet. 5 Stars my man. :cheers:

--------------------
Why is pot against the law? It wouldn't be because anyone can grow it, and therefore you can't make a profit off it, would it? - Bill Hicks

Phoenix Crash LC Tek
DIY Magnetic Stir Bars Tek

"Not all drugs are good, all right? Some of them… are fuckin' great. Just gotta know your way around them, is all."

InvisibleDAZER
Mythical Creature
 User Gallery

Re: GloveBox / Still Air Box Tek (W/ PIX) [Re: Phoenix Crash]
    #13623532 - 12/12/10 10:39 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Are tyvek sleeves reusable??

--------------------

InvisibleShaggy Shaman
Divine Conduit
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
Re: GloveBox / Still Air Box Tek (W/ PIX) [Re: DAZER]
    #13623592 - 12/12/10 10:52 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

DAZER said:
Are tyvek sleeves reusable??

Yes. You can also throw them in the washing machine when you want to clean them and then in the dryer.

--------------------
"Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business."
— Tom Robbins

“The true value of a human being can be found in the degree to which he has attained liberation from the self"
-- Albert Einstein

InvisibleDAZER
Mythical Creature
 User Gallery

Re: GloveBox / Still Air Box Tek (W/ PIX) [Re: Shaggy Shaman]
    #13623600 - 12/12/10 10:55 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Sweet!
thanks SS

--------------------

InvisibleWise Toad
 User Gallery

Re: GloveBox / Still Air Box Tek (W/ PIX) [Re: DAZER]
    #13726750 - 01/03/11 10:03 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Well I finally got around to making one of these. Took a short while to figure out how to use the drill saw, definitely easier to drill in reverse after the initial hole is in place; thanks for the advice:smile:.

The only material I lack is sandpaper. I went ahead and put some RTV silicone around the PVC adapter and plugged that into the main tub. Its drying right now

Love cuetips, they made it so easy to get the bead steadily around the PVC, and again after I pressed the adapter into the tub cutips made it easy to improve the seal

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: GloveBox / Still Air Box Tek (W/ PIX) [Re: Wise Toad]
    #13726816 - 01/03/11 10:16 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

:thumbup: looks good buddy. What's the QT. on that beast.  If I may, I'd say you're arm holes are a little too off kilter, but if you've put your arms in & it works, :rockon:. I put mine a little higher, and kinda "throw" stuff in between my arms while working in the GB; I can reach them, it's just easier to throw than maneuver my arm in a  re:tard:ed position between the two. Also, I stack my foil from on top of the jars on the right side of the GB for reuse.
Is the lid clear?

--------------------

InvisibleWise Toad
 User Gallery

#13726987 - 01/03/11 10:55 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Its 71qt. I like the holes the way they are, I tested it out for 60cc needle use and it feels good. Im going to get more tubs soon and make specialized tubs for different uses since your handling for spore print making, GLC, and G2G are probably all different. Can't wait to use this thing. I also still have to go out and get sandpaper for the new ones. don't know if this has already been asked but how long do you usually plug the pvc ports for after you wipe down the inside to let it clean out?

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #13727088 - 01/03/11 11:24 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Print making = equal low holes. Everything else, you're at the same level, basically.  G2G may be slightly less on the height of the right hole (left if you're left-handed.)
I Oust the entire room then the armports w/ the tyvek on them, let settle for 10 minutes or as long as it takes to wash my hands w/ anti-bacterial soap, put on the gloves, get my supplies &, then, Oust the doorway to my myco-room. Then, I "nuke" the tub w/ 70% iso alcohol. I let that sit about 1 minute w/ everything in there, or, as it sits, I wipe everything down w/ 70% iso & put a damp, 2 sheet, iso 70% soaked paper-towel in the GB w/ everything. I always put the soaked towel in the GB, which is why I never put the flame in the SAB/GB

--------------------

InvisibleWise Toad
 User Gallery

#13728675 - 01/04/11 12:19 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Good point, gotta make that spore printing box. Thanks for the cleaning tips. Well I just got done sealing the inside of the SAB with some silicone II

Had a bit of a problem at first as I didn't have a caulk gun for it. I ended up accidentally breaking open the bottom of the tube trying to force some out, from there I just scooped it out with cutips. Almost done. Only problem I may have now is im not sure if I got the right clamps, long story how I got all this equipment suffice it to say I didn't see all the materials till I got them, more of a friends judgement:tongue:

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #13729058 - 01/04/11 01:54 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

I did the same thing to a tube of PL375 when I was sealing my GH to my water collection tub under it. O well though. I tore it up then re-sealed it w/ PL400.
You don't really need the clamps if you have Tyvek sleeves that are just sleeves & are, therefore, seal around your arm via rubberbands.  I just did it w/ the clamps so I can, if I want to, take out the Tyvek sleeves & wash them. I'd rather have just Tyvek arms, but I can't find them around here. I'll probably just end up getting some Tyvek suits from work & ordering some arms offline somewhere.
Also, feel free to jump in the AMU chat, in my signature, for questions concerning mycology or if you just want to BS check us out here:

--------------------

Edited by TranscendingLife (01/04/11 04:56 PM)

InvisibleWise Toad
 User Gallery

#13729771 - 01/04/11 04:23 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

All I have is arms I cut off paint suit. I wanted to get some sleeves that have elastic in both sides so they will stay on easy, if these clamps work tho it wont really matter. Thanks for the link

InvisibleWise Toad
 User Gallery

#13737960 - 01/05/11 11:18 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Ok well its all done.

only reason I didn't post this last night was b/c one of the four clamp  tightening device was jammed so I had to do some tinkering until it started spinning :badcomputer:. The only concern I have is getting that hot needle in without touching the tyvek, its gonna take a rolled up sleeve and some fancy hand/eye work, the video game winning kind.

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #13738079 - 01/05/11 11:36 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Those are some MONDO sleeve clamps:aliceshocker:
As for the needle, when I pull out of the sleeve, I try to ravel it up w/ a nice hole on the end.  Then, after flaming the needle, I eye down the hole, put my pointer finger towards the end of the tube and put my hand in. Took once or twice to get it down, now it's a sinch  :awethumb:

--------------------

Offlineunitoo1
Bending Minds

#13739300 - 01/06/11 05:18 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

nice tek

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: GloveBox/Still Air Box Tek [Re: unitoo1]
    #13741079 - 01/06/11 02:54 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

unitoo1 said:
nice tek

:thumbup:TY Buddy

--------------------

InvisibleWise Toad
 User Gallery

#13744888 - 01/07/11 01:11 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

todlow said:
Those are some MONDO sleeve clamps:aliceshocker:
As for the needle, when I pull out of the sleeve, I try to ravel it up w/ a nice hole on the end.  Then, after flaming the needle, I eye down the hole, put my pointer finger towards the end of the tube and put my hand in. Took once or twice to get it down, now it's a sinch  :awethumb:

Yeah I need to get some new clamps next time im at home depo, these ones had to be almost completely tightened to work but they do their job.

Offlinethemycoman
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

#14056060 - 03/02/11 07:52 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Great Tek!

After losing six large filter patch bags of king oyster due to open air inoculation and a mishap with the silicone pealing off my tyvek grain LC lids it awesome to see such a thorough tek when I really need one.

I have no excuse not to use one now, I'll be definitely going to get a hole saw and supplies first thing tomorrow.

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: GloveBox/Still Air Box Tek [Re: themycoman]
    #14056067 - 03/02/11 07:53 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Awesome :awethumb:

Yea, that was the first thing I made when I started this hobby...

--------------------

Offlineaiuas
Red Skywalker
Male

Loc: Uratha
    #14056156 - 03/02/11 08:10 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

:eek:

Classy stuff! :thumbup: Can't wait to begin my own adventures...!

--------------------
Samsara Surfin'

We experience it as strange things happening to us
(and) we meet the people in our lives that we need to learn from.
And so we create these circumstances at a very deep metaphysical and subconscious level. - Edgar Mitchell

OfflineChronicSmoke
wanderer
Male

Loc: On the Moon
Re: GloveBox/Still Air Box Tek [Re: aiuas]
    #14142453 - 03/18/11 12:22 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

another great tek, thanks so much.

--------------------
This is a public computer, 1,000's of people use it everyday this isn't me typing this.  I dont even know how I got on this site, how the hell do I even work this computer.:wow: 

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: GloveBox/Still Air Box Tek [Re: ChronicSmoke]
    #14142519 - 03/18/11 12:34 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

:kenthumbup: thanks buddy.

--------------------

InvisibleBlindBat
learning to see

#14143994 - 03/18/11 06:06 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Edited by BlindBat (04/29/12 02:17 PM)

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: GloveBox/Still Air Box Tek [Re: BlindBat]
    #14144317 - 03/18/11 07:03 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

:billymaythumbup:

I can't stand that smell either...I tried it in front of an open window w/ a knife when I first started, but I was like "Screw this shit" & went and bought my whole saw.

Post a pic of your design if ya want on here. I like seeing everyone's slight variations on my teks

--------------------

InvisibleBlindBat
learning to see

#14144381 - 03/18/11 07:17 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Edited by BlindBat (04/29/12 02:17 PM)

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: GloveBox/Still Air Box Tek [Re: BlindBat]
    #14235913 - 04/04/11 02:22 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

:bump:

--------------------

InvisibleWise Toad
 User Gallery

#14237324 - 04/04/11 07:12 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

I used your style SAB recently to pour my first agar plates and I think that is the greatest of its uses because of how nicely sealed it is and the fact that it can quickly be sealed with the PVC plugs; tho its also great for G2G(and probably sporeprinting but I haven't done that yet).

Also that sticky mat arrived today so Im going to test it out soon, Im still working on the bigger GB as thats my only problem with proper agar pouring is the space and the height I have to work with is tight to say the least, what size tub do you use?

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #14238721 - 04/04/11 11:26 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

It's a 71qt I think. The largest & tallest they had at the time. I don't pour agar, yet. I don't have petris. I just use 1/4 pint jars like in my lid tek...works great every time.

Keep it up buddy. :awethumb:

--------------------

OfflineMycowlogist
Freethinker
Male

Loc: in a galaxy far far away....
    #14238851 - 04/04/11 11:45 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Nice design.  I like the smooth PVC adapter.  I think I will be using the same attachment, and rubber banding the Shoulder lenght birthing gloves I found (cheap, easy to replace when worn).  Throw some additional silicone to create a good lid seal, and I am on my way.

--------------------
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."  Honest Abe

Offlinebig duder
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: GloveBox/Still Air Box Tek [Re: Mycowlogist]
    #14240623 - 04/05/11 10:03 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Made mine yesterday. Awsome tek Thanks for postin it.

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #14241298 - 04/05/11 01:18 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Mycowlogist said:
Nice design.  I like the smooth PVC adapter.  I think I will be using the same attachment, and rubber banding the Shoulder lenght birthing gloves I found (cheap, easy to replace when worn).  Throw some additional silicone to create a good lid seal, and I am on my way.

I don't really think the additional silicone on the lid is necessary, but if you feel it is, I say :rockon:.

BD - thanks buddy. I've used mine for agar isos, G2G, print making & syringe making. No contams yet *knock on wood*

--------------------

Offlinegofudgeyourself
Student
Male User Gallery

#14242348 - 04/05/11 04:58 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

my GB is a glass fish tank topped with a plexiglass lid with 2 couplers siliconed in. it doesnt SEAL (you dont want it to, would making needle flaming impossible and any holes would move tons of air) with my forearms in it closes up pretty well.

wipe down the sides with alcohol. place everything you are using inside. "bomb" with a spray or 2 of alcohol. close up the gb. let sit for a couple minutes. put on gloves and mask, spray arms down with alcohol. begin work.

tyvek sleeves make flaming needles a huuuuge pain in the ass imo, just size your holes to the size of your forearms and that'll seal it up pretty well.

great tek, imo the coffee can method for making the holes would do well in preventing cracks...i tried making a GB out of a clear plastic tote and gave up due to constantly cracking the thing.

--------------------
"believe it if you need it, or leave it if you dare."

"turn all the hate in the world, into a mocking bird. make it fly away" :peace:

Edited by gofudgeyourself (04/05/11 05:06 PM)

InvisibleWise Toad
 User Gallery

Re: GloveBox/Still Air Box Tek [Re: gofudgeyourself]
    #14243345 - 04/05/11 08:08 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

To gofudgeyourself: I just use a butane microtorch in my GB, works great.

TL have you checked out www.cynmar.com I love that place. Also, check out bulk foods for awesome agar prices.

InvisiblehamloafS
7, 8, 11, 13!
Male User Gallery

Loc: 42. Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #14243416 - 04/05/11 08:20 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

just use a butane microtorch in my GB, works great.

To avoid possible fire or injury by fire, you always want to keep torches and alcohol lamps used for flame sterilizing cultivation tools outside of the glove or still-air box while operating them.

--------------------

How I Get Stuff done. - My Reference Guide. - My Grows.

InvisibleWise Toad
 User Gallery

#14243448 - 04/05/11 08:24 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

As per RR's advice I only use water when cleaning my GB in preparation for any fire related work in there.

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #14244881 - 04/06/11 12:02 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

gofudge - I see now why you want to use the silicone. Make sense. A holesaw or hot coffee can won't crack the tote, btw.

WT - thanks for the link. good lookin' out. I still don't recommend a flame inside a GB/SAB due to the oxygen/air flow factor. As in, a flame inside needs to consume O2. Therefore, it needs to pull O2 from somewhere, which is outside the SAB/GB & not sterile.

Hammy - :tardhi: & I totally agree.

--------------------

Offlinegofudgeyourself
Student
Male User Gallery

#14245595 - 04/06/11 02:22 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Btw to all those saying they flame their needles inside their gb, common sense would dictate that anything that lands on a red hot piece of metal when moving your syringe from outside to inside your gb would be instantly destroyed. For reference, 15 psi is about 250 degrees, a red hot piece of metal is 500+ degrees. Also, moving your arms slowly in and out of your gb will move air but so does using a butane torch inside your gb. (just noticed tod mentioned this, good lookin out)

Safety first kids, fire + plastic or alcohol = untimely hair cut. Flame your needles OUTSIDE your gb.

--------------------

Edited by gofudgeyourself (04/06/11 02:28 AM)

InvisibleWise Toad
 User Gallery

#14249513 - 04/06/11 09:53 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

:sad: That sucks, the whole reason I bought the torch was to work with the SAB this thread is about.

Moving needles and especially scalpels is such a hassle for me when working with it.

I wanted a SAB that would provide the maximum amount of sterility and usability.

The idea for the microtorch came from a post by hyphae where he used one(along with an air ionizer) in his completely airtight GB, no problems with running out of oxygen(my first post in this thread has a link to hyphaes GB instructions)

Maybe in a SAB thats not airtight it will cause problems:confused2:

Offlinegofudgeyourself
Student
Male User Gallery

#14250338 - 04/07/11 12:12 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Wise Toad said:
:sad: That sucks, the whole reason I bought the torch was to work with the SAB this thread is about.

Moving needles and especially scalpels is such a hassle for me when working with it.

I wanted a SAB that would provide the maximum amount of sterility and usability.

The idea for the microtorch came from a post by hyphae where he used one(along with an air ionizer) in his completely airtight GB, no problems with running out of oxygen(my first post in this thread has a link to hyphaes GB instructions)

chances are you cant make the box entirely air tight, in which case air will be sucked in when you pull your arms out and stir the air inside, defeating the entire purpose of a gb. not only that but you wont be able to move objects in and out of your gb, which to me would be THE most annoying part of working in a gb. i tried this first. siliconed dish gloves over couplers in my duct taped gb. it was a major pain the the ass. mold and the like are similar to dust. when theyre on the ground, theyre no problem, you dont work on the ground. when theyre in the AIR however, they become a problem, attaching to things youre working with. keep this in mind when considering sterile technique. minimize the stiring of air and make sure you keep things away from where spores cling to.

this post is basically a regurgitation of what RR and many trusted cultivators have already stated, plastic box with arm holes that allow work in an area safe from drafts and moving air you might experience in most areas of your house. learn from mistakes that others have made and save yourself some stress and time. not to say attempting innovation is futile, just use common sense when people state the same thing over and over and over  again.

--------------------

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #14252455 - 04/07/11 12:41 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

:whathesaid:

sorry WT...I would NEVER recommend a flame inside an SAB/GB.

--------------------

Offlineic3.qu33n
Muff Muncher
Female User Gallery

Loc: NY
    #14253480 - 04/07/11 04:35 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

OMG that just gave me a serious laugh for a minute.  one time i tipped over my shot glass alcohol lamp in the sink while lit.  luckily I keep a pitcher of water nearby in case something like that ever occured.  not funny while its happening but it sure gives you a chuckle later....

--------------------
:alert: Disclaimer: Anything, I've said I do or done, or say is a complete facade of my dog Dr. Myco McRufferton's dream lifestyle. :alert:

Freestone Texas Grow

<<:mushroom2:Freestone Texas and B+ Prints available for Trade:mushroom2:>> PM me

My 5g Bucket Dehydrator Tek

InvisibleWise Toad
 User Gallery

Re: GloveBox/Still Air Box Tek [Re: ic3.qu33n]
    #14254154 - 04/07/11 06:27 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Can't argue with good logic, sorry bout all that, ill change my procedures up. Thanks TL, Ham, n fudge:grin:

I still love this microtorch even if I can't use it inside there, quick sterilization :flamethrow: 

Its been about 5 days since I poured my MEA with your SAB and they are all clean TL :rockon:

This completely changes my plans though; should I work in my other SAB for this, the one with only two open holes. Flaming that scalpel and getting it in your SAB without touching anything or cutting anything might be a bit of a hassle as were syringe/jar inoculations in there. The other one offers great maneuverability with those little tools; not trying to knock your SAB TL just trying to find what will work the best for the situation.

Of course I will need something to plug the holes, the plugs that go in your SAB are a tiny bit too small(since the holes drilled in my open GB are 4.5") but I might be able to keep them in place with a small piece of tape or some other improvisation.

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #14254178 - 04/07/11 06:31 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

I maneuver through my Tyvek sleeves w/ all my red hot utensils...

You can cover the holes w/ cling wrap or foil. That's what I did for the PE6 prints I took. Used the old SAB & covered the holes w/ foil, as it doesn't have the clean out plugs. (it's the one in the picture @ the end of the tek on the first page w/ the black arm holes.)

--------------------

OfflineMycowlogist
Freethinker
Male

#14304952 - 04/17/11 09:27 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Wise Toad said:

Can you just make a small whole large enough to stick your needle through to the outside of the box, fire the needle, and slide it back into the box.  Like a sterilization Port!  Sounds fancy!

--------------------
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."  Honest Abe

Offlinedrosmoka
Stranger

Loc: Titletown
    #14305074 - 04/17/11 10:32 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

possibly throw in something that looks like a doggy door so it's not open permanently

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: GloveBox/Still Air Box Tek [Re: drosmoka]
    #14305613 - 04/17/11 01:01 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

hmm...that is quite the little dilemma. :strokebeard: I'll think about it today for ya...

1/4" hole in the side of the SAB covered w/ RTV? hmmm...:justdontknow:

--------------------

OfflineEctius
Werecat Ninjabeast
Male

#14306425 - 04/17/11 03:33 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

todlow said:
hmm...that is quite the little dilemma. :strokebeard: I'll think about it today for ya...

1/4" hole in the side of the SAB covered w/ RTV? hmmm...:justdontknow:

A red-hot needle would punch a hole through RTV.

1/4" hole with a 1/4" vial stopper?  Remove, flame, replace.

Though that would compromise the air-tightness of your box for those 6 seconds.  :justdontknow:

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: GloveBox/Still Air Box Tek [Re: Ectius]
    #14306529 - 04/17/11 03:52 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Ectius said:
A red-hot needle would punch a hole through RTV.

That's not true. I've done it & seen it done many a time.

--------------------

OfflineMycowlogist
Freethinker
Male

#14306603 - 04/17/11 04:06 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

I guess as long as the needle is under the temperature that the RTV is rated for, it should work.  Damn, I wished I wouldn't have thrown those old ass lids out!  I would have done me some test pokin by now!

:syringe::omgawesome:

--------------------

InvisibleWise Toad
 User Gallery

#14308644 - 04/17/11 10:22 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

I did a whole bunch of agar work last night and your GB worked great for me; I had only used it a time or two before all this and that was with 60cc syringes. That was rather stupid on my part:facepalm:, thanks for such an awesome piece of equipment. Did four transfers, poured ten petris, and unrelated to the gb I made 9 tubes at a slant. Cloning and Isolation here I come:smile:

OfflineMycowlogist
Freethinker
Male

#14309031 - 04/17/11 11:19 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Nice!  I like the analytical and scientific process of this hobby! 

:crazy2:

Love being the control in control!

--------------------

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #14309088 - 04/17/11 11:29 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

WT - thankx brotha :awedance::awethumb:

Myco - damn right, but it's not as scientific as one makes it out to be. For instance, what's a quart of spawn to you? 600mL, 650mL, 700mL, etc...It's all small variants of calculations that most noobs don't understand. Also, say 500mL of water per LC...well when you boil water it evaporates...:strokebeard: It's odd & it's not as specific w/ the measurements as one would hope, but it all gets done & that's why I live by "What works for one, Does not for the other"

:getstoned:

--------------------

InvisibleFunGuy1492
Your brother

Re: GloveBox/Still Air Box Tek [Re: TranscendingLife] * 1
    #14427754 - 05/10/11 02:38 AM (8 years, 16 days ago)

Thanks for the BA tek TL!  Simple build and I am sure it will be effective.

I am short on cash after all the investments I have been making while growing with this hobby, so I decided to go with the hot knife method instead of buying the hole saw.

Using the hot knife worked very well for me and created symmetrical circles for the PVC clean out adapters.

TL gave me permission to post a little pictorial on here for using the flame and knife method.

If you don't have or can't afford a hole saw, this method worked well for me.

Use a sturdy razor blade or a utility knife. 

Here is ole' Bessey that I used.

Get your mask on.  I know there are some slight fumes, but when I cut into and melted the Sterilite 1928 tote there were no noticeable fumes while I had the mask on.  I was in a closed room with no fan on.

Get an alcohol flame going or use your stove.
Heat the knife up for 10-20 seconds.

Use the tip of the blue portion of the flame to heat your blade, it will get hot faster. Have the flame and knife in a place where you can quickly get the knife to your traced holes on the tote.  The knife cools quickly so the quicker you can begin the cut, the more you will get done.  Carefully and steadily cut through the trace on the tote.  Be patient while you get the hang of it. 

At first you may only get through 1/4" or a 1/2" before you have to reheat the knife, but eventually you will figure out how to get it up there quickly and make a 1" - 2" cut each time.  Be methodical, careful, and patient, you will get through it in no time.  As you make the cut and reheat the knife position the tote or your body such that you are in position to make the new angled cut.

Another trick I learned was once you have made the cut, and the knife begins cooling down pull it back through the area that you just cut.  Melted plastic that you just cut tends to stick back together and will need to be cut again if you don't do it while it's hot. It took me 19 knife heats for the first run and only 13 for the second :smile:  Not so bad.

and have I said to be careful with the knife yet?

Here is the cutting process and the resulting holes

Scored and ready for the PVC cleanouts

and the sweet completed still air box, sealed, clamped, and sleeved.

I made the holes at slightly different heights like another member suggested.  I also centered the holes a bit to the left of the tote to leave room for a line of quart jars on the right side (don't know if this will be beneficial, but I figured it couldn't hurt).

Another satisfied customer :smile:

The SAB is hanging out with todays other projects :biggrin:

I hope someone finds this info useful.

THANKS TL!! Your Teks and advice have been invaluable to me. Peace bro.

--------------------
Anything that I type in the space above has been completely fabricated to boost my self esteem.  All of the pictures I am posting here were copied from other places on the internet. Thanks for reading. (I'm still cool, right guys, right?)

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: GloveBox/Still Air Box Tek [Re: FunGuy1492]
    #14429317 - 05/10/11 01:12 PM (8 years, 16 days ago)

looks great bro :awethumb:

Just a side note, the hottest part of the flame is where the white meets the blue. Just a little FYI.

--------------------

InvisibleWise Toad
 User Gallery

#14430884 - 05/10/11 07:22 PM (8 years, 16 days ago)

Well TL, iv done dozens of clone/isolate petri transfers in your GB within the last two weeks and have yet to see a contam. Its awesome worthy of some  :awejeez:  :Awemazing:  :awesomeB52: and soon some :awetrippie: 

Just thought you should know ill be a smooth flight all the way through agar work with this box

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #14430920 - 05/10/11 07:30 PM (8 years, 16 days ago)

:bananadance:

Great to hear WT :awedance:

I've been doing the same thing lately. Just working on PE6 ATM. I updated my lid tek w/ a picture of the giant pin I took the first extraction from.

--------------------

InvisibleWise Toad
 User Gallery

#14465656 - 05/17/11 02:03 AM (8 years, 9 days ago)

2 things:

1. Well I solved the main problem Iv been having with this GB (for what its worth to you guys). The problem that I had hinged on the difficulty of removing my left hand to flame the scalpel with the tyvek sleeve clinging on. Don't know if this is on all latex gloves but mine have two sides: smooth and sticky. Now I simply use the smooth side for my left hand which makes of easy in out movement:doggystyle: and sticky on the right side in order to grasp the scalpel and disconnect parafilm from the paper that holds it in place(smooth doesn't work for that). This new configuration has things working all that much more efficiently for me.

2. TL, how often do you remove and clean the tyvek wrist sleeves, out of curiosity

OfflineBaldBull
The Dude
    #14465876 - 05/17/11 02:59 AM (8 years, 9 days ago)

Nice! Gotta spend a little money to do it right sometimes. Thanks for the Tek.

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: GloveBox/Still Air Box Tek [Re: BaldBull]
    #14469702 - 05/17/11 09:54 PM (8 years, 9 days ago)

WT - I haven't changed mine in 5 months. I spray them w/ iso & interior w/ Oust before use. I need to change them out as they are deteriorating due to use & the scalpel/syringe, which are RED HOT, hitting them.

BB - :awethumb: thanks buddy.

Just an FYI, you'll need to replace the silicone on the SAB about every 3 months if you use iso to clean the SAB. It's more like 6-8 months if you use a warm water+bleach solution to clean it &, probably (as I don't know), much longer if you use only water+anti-bacterial soap to clean it.

I don't find it as much of a hassle to replace the silicone every 3 months, as it only takes 20 minutes + 12 hours of not using the SAB...

--------------------

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #14547832 - 06/01/11 10:34 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

just a little :bump: :bomb: for you all...

--------------------

InvisiblePinsWellWithOthers
Thread Derailer

Folding@home Statistics
    #14620799 - 06/16/11 04:08 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Made one of these months ago but the container I used isnt totally flat on the bottom so when im playing w/ lots of G2G and have the jars pushed back to the wall they have a habbit of moving around. Still works just fine. Next step is flow hood :stoned: Thank you TL.

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: GloveBox/Still Air Box Tek [Re: PinsWellWithOthers]
    #14621900 - 06/16/11 12:27 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

:kenthumbup:

Yea, my bottom isn't 100% flat (has those weird divots in it) & the jars lean back as the bottom is a bit skinnier than the top, but it works.

Yea, I can't wait to get a flowhood up & running.

--------------------

OfflinetotalM
Post Office Tyvek Advocator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #14621953 - 06/16/11 12:36 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

I can help you score a blower cheap(free) in your area if you'd like TL...
Then all you need is a decent hepa and some wood...

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: GloveBox/Still Air Box Tek [Re: total]
    #14621969 - 06/16/11 12:40 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

I've got a few HVAC buddies that I get blowers from.

I've already gotten two of them, but one is for my 2'x4' HEPA, which I've decided to use for the gourmet farm rather than in my basement, as it's going to be HUGE!

Thanks for the other, though Total :super:

--------------------

OfflinetotalM
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #14622028 - 06/16/11 12:53 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Yup yup...

Here is my timeline...

~10 yrs ago...
Open air work...

~9 yrs ago...
Gloveboxes/Still Air boxes such as this

~Just recently...
My 4x2'

Flowhoods are awesome! :super:
Im prob gonna move this one to the farm as well, and get me a small 2x2' or 1x2' for the home lab

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #14762638 - 07/13/11 03:38 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

--------------------

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #14890771 - 08/08/11 04:39 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

must not die!

--------------------

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #15038655 - 09/06/11 05:39 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

:bump2:

--------------------

OfflineDASEDnCONFUZED
Stranger

#15058053 - 09/10/11 03:16 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

What is the reason behind using the two different types of silicone?

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: GloveBox/Still Air Box Tek [Re: DASEDnCONFUZED]
    #15058158 - 09/10/11 03:42 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

The type II holds up a bit better than the cheaper stuff.

It's also mold resistant for 3-5 years depending on the brand.

--------------------

InvisiblePinsWellWithOthers
Thread Derailer

Folding@home Statistics
    #15063603 - 09/11/11 06:51 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

Type 2 is best for any area that will be exposed to any amount of humidity especially used for boats and where moisture is expected to be present and is formulated for mold resistance however type 1 is a more pure silicon and will hold the bond better in dry areas but type 2 is really ideal for this type of work. A plastic to plastic bond is always going to be weak when bonded with silicon like this and the desire to change the chalking to prevent any mold build up just makes type 2 the way to go.

OfflineCid2112
Newb
Male

Loc: Ohio
Re: GloveBox/Still Air Box Tek [Re: PinsWellWithOthers]
    #15170473 - 10/03/11 08:53 AM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Great, Thanks, will use this for my first GB

--------------------
Cid

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: GloveBox/Still Air Box Tek [Re: Cid2112]
    #15171474 - 10/03/11 02:02 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

:kenthumbup:

If you want to keep costs down initially, you can ditch buying the holesaw & just heat up the bottom of a metal coffee can to make the holes.

--------------------

OfflineFuckMeRunnin
REALLY good looking
 User Gallery

#15171579 - 10/03/11 02:27 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

If you have problems with the bottoms not being flat just turn the GB over. I realized that I could do that a couple months ago and I was pretty pumped haha. I was like holy fuck! If I flip it over not only is the top bigger and gives me more space, but I wasn't always running around looking for the lid that I always misplaced hahaha. Idk just a thought if the bottom is giving you problems, just remember to wash the part of the table your working on.

--------------------
Grain Jar to Homemade Mycobag Tek
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/10954174

Offlineyumms
Strangest
 User Gallery

Re: GloveBox/Still Air Box Tek [Re: FuckMeRunnin]
    #15317567 - 11/03/11 03:48 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

I saw an old post by roadkill, he had a hole along side of his glove box fitted with tyvex or polyfill I think- later in the thread someone mentioned that this was so that alcohol fumes could escape the box.

Seeing that flame will be kept out of the glovebox, this isnt really needed I assume?

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: GloveBox/Still Air Box Tek [Re: yumms]
    #15317569 - 11/03/11 04:53 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Yes. You're correct.
Keep the flame outta the box.

--------------------

OfflineMaverick
Lover of Earwigs!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #15318022 - 11/03/11 06:36 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

My thoughts on having a flame in a still air box is that the heat would cause air movement
Quote:

TranscendingLife said:
Read what I said.  I knew what you're talking about.  You want a fitting for the Arm holes you've already put in place.  Just carefully READ my previous post. (Not trying to be mean nor sarcastic. I know I come off that way.  It's just how I type.)
----Probably should put that in my sig?

Dunno why it took this long to respond to this, but as for my wooden glovebox, I used a jigsaw to cut the holes out, not a hole saw and a drill.

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #15319565 - 11/03/11 11:20 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

A holesaw allows for cleaner holes than a jig-saw, etc.
That's why I use one.

--------------------

Offlineiron
I fart loud.
Male

#15319755 - 11/03/11 11:57 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Is the air flow really necessary? I just built my glovebox and it doesn't have any fans or anything like that. I'll add them if I really need it, though.

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: GloveBox/Still Air Box Tek [Re: iron]
    #15319930 - 11/04/11 12:32 AM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Absolutely NOT.

It's a Still Air Box for a reason.

--------------------

Offlineiron
I fart loud.
Male

#15319947 - 11/04/11 12:36 AM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

TranscendingLife said:
Absolutely NOT.

It's a Still Air Box for a reason.

thanks!

OfflineDimo114
Stranger

Re: GloveBox/Still Air Box Tek [Re: iron]
    #15319999 - 11/04/11 12:48 AM (7 years, 6 months ago)

I was low on funds so I burned holes w/ a wide mouth lid and they came out perfect. I think the key is not to push, even if you have to reheat the lid ring a couple of times. Also (again, I was REALLY low on funds) I used solo cups w/ the bottom halfs cut off instead of fittings. It fit PERFECT and they dont crack or anything.

OfflineMaverick
Lover of Earwigs!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #15320224 - 11/04/11 01:53 AM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

TranscendingLife said:
A holesaw allows for cleaner holes than a jig-saw, etc.
That's why I use one.

Depends on if it's in the hands of a skilled carpenter or not.  Plus I don't want to spend money on a hole saw I'd never use again. :crazy:

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #15321668 - 11/04/11 01:47 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

You can always use a hot coffee can or lid wrings.
I'd recommend the coffee can because it's larger.

Maverick - I explain in the tek how to use the holesaw properly to cut your holes.
I'm sure in skilled hands a jig-saw would be perfect, too.
I sold my holesaw after using it. :shrug2:

--------------------

OfflinePrime Peripherals

#15440532 - 11/29/11 04:49 PM (7 years, 5 months ago)

Just finished reading this whole thread and I have a question.
When I light my flames inside this thing, that's cool right?

But for real, thanks.  This will will be the first thing I build on my foray into this hobby.

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: GloveBox/Still Air Box Tek [Re: Prime Peripherals]
    #15440552 - 11/29/11 04:53 PM (7 years, 5 months ago)

Flame your needle outside of your SAB & then move it into your SAB while still red hot.

--------------------

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #15583363 - 12/28/11 04:51 PM (7 years, 4 months ago)

:bump2:

--------------------

OfflineDominar
Stranger

#15606726 - 01/02/12 08:03 PM (7 years, 4 months ago)

Sweet!  Seeing as how I just cracked my first attempt at making a glove box, I'm going to give it a go with this method.

Edited by Dominar (01/02/12 09:29 PM)

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: GloveBox/Still Air Box Tek [Re: Dominar]
    #15607893 - 01/03/12 12:12 AM (7 years, 4 months ago)

Remember, the tub needs to be room temp & once the holesaw locks into the tub, run it in reverse.
Nice & easy.

--------------------

InvisibleFishermanj
StrangerDanger
 User Gallery

#15608458 - 01/03/12 02:26 AM (7 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

hamloaf said:
First to post rate ( 1) plus first to rate you up for a nicely laid out tek with pics!  :mushroom2:

Yep, me too...

OfflineDominar
Stranger

Re: GloveBox/Still Air Box Tek [Re: Fishermanj]
    #15640755 - 01/09/12 05:43 PM (7 years, 4 months ago)

I made one using this tek.  Went well.  My  4" clean outs were 4 1/4" so I needed a smaller hole saw.  Good thing since 4.5" was impossible to find in my town.

I just inoculated my first jars (ever) in the box.  My technique leaves a lot to be desired.  I'll be amazed if I get any jars without contaminants.

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: GloveBox/Still Air Box Tek [Re: Dominar]
    #15640763 - 01/09/12 05:45 PM (7 years, 4 months ago)

You have to get used to moving in & outta the SAB w/ the tyvek sleeves for flame sterilizing the needle.
But once you get that down, you're golden.

--------------------

OfflineCid2112
Newb
Male

Loc: Ohio
    #15659062 - 01/13/12 08:03 AM (7 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks for the Tek, TL

I think I have the access holes a little to close together though, makes tight on the shoulders after a few minutes work in the box.

--------------------
Cid

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: GloveBox/Still Air Box Tek [Re: Cid2112]
    #15659942 - 01/13/12 12:31 PM (7 years, 4 months ago)

:kenthumbup: looks good. Sucks about the hole placement.

--------------------

InvisibleUnnamedGrower
The AMUiest
Male User Gallery

Loc: I'll be where I'm at
    #15659962 - 01/13/12 12:35 PM (7 years, 4 months ago)

Me and Barak were talking about that it should be a right of passage for all :noob: to have a GB blow up on them :lmafo:
:popcorn:

Offlinejonny_highway
Rambler

Loc: the highway
Re: GloveBox/Still Air Box Tek [Re: UnnamedGrower]
    #15728606 - 01/28/12 11:24 AM (7 years, 3 months ago)

Hey great tek man...this a probably a total noob question but i noticed on the lets grow mushrooms video that the sleeves werent attached. does that make a difference? that seems like an easier way to move in and out of the box when you have to flame the needle.

--------------------
“I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to move.” ~~~Robert Louis Stevenson

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: GloveBox/Still Air Box Tek [Re: jonny_highway]
    #15729121 - 01/28/12 02:13 PM (7 years, 3 months ago)

They don't have to be attached.
It's a little cumbersome at times moving the needle in & out w/ the attached sleeves,
But you get used to it eventually.
I've burnt a couple of holes in the sleeves before.

--------------------

OfflinetotalM
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #15729253 - 01/28/12 02:59 PM (7 years, 3 months ago)

I prefer not to use sleeves/attached gloves in a SAB...:shrug2:
It acts like a diaphragm, pumping air in and out around the leaks...

:2cents:

Quote:

UnnamedGrower said:
Me and Barak were talking about that it should be a right of passage for all :noob: to have a GB blow up on them :lmafo:
:popcorn:

:awesomenod:
This...QFT...
It happened to me, the first time i went to use one...:smirk:
I learned quick...
The explosion looks cool in there though, till it snaps that shit is right in your face...:hehehe:

Edited by total (01/28/12 03:01 PM)

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #15729524 - 01/28/12 04:22 PM (7 years, 3 months ago)

totes - I feel ya on moving the arm sleeves in & out, but I keep them fully extended while moving in & out of the SAB.

--------------------

Offlinejonny_highway
Rambler

Loc: the highway
    #15729536 - 01/28/12 04:24 PM (7 years, 3 months ago)

sweet thanks man.

--------------------
“I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to move.” ~~~Robert Louis Stevenson

OfflineTrippyJuice
 User Gallery

Re: How TL Makes A Glove Box / Still Air Box Tek (W/ PICTURES) [Re: TranscendingLife]
    #16695882 - 08/13/12 11:18 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Thx man i will be using this very shortly.

--------------------
We trippy mane!

Invisible13shroomsM
Lightning Shaman
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: IN ETHERS TORSION FIELD
Trusted Cultivator
Re: How TL Makes A Glove Box / Still Air Box Tek (W/ PICTURES) [Re: TrippyJuice]
    #16969135 - 10/05/12 01:26 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

--------------------
:takingnotes:A M U:helpdesk:
Click here ^ for the AMU forum
VVV AMUs Free Active/Edible/Exotic Spore Print or Syringe or Edible Culture Trade Thread VVV
"Man is the sex organ of the machine world" ~  Marshall McLuhan 

Offlinethodalmic
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: How TL Makes A Glove Box / Still Air Box Tek (W/ PICTURES) [Re: TranscendingLife]
    #17811344 - 02/16/13 03:30 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Beautiful tek, couldn't be more descriptive and it looks like a very effective glove box design. I will most definitely be following it step by step for my gb construction

--------------------
“I was completely astonished by the beauty of nature. Our eyes see just a small fraction of the light in the world. It is a trick to make a colored world, which does not exist outside of human beings.”

- Albert Hofmann

TRADE LIST

"Johnny got a shotgun and he aint even strong enough to cock one"

Invisibleb plus
poppin' veils

Re: How TL Makes A Glove Box / Still Air Box Tek (W/ PICTURES) [Re: thodalmic]
    #17811662 - 02/16/13 06:10 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

This is what I'm working with. After I bombed my bathroom with chemicals to nock my first few BRF cakes, I constructed this. No tek, just common sense. Enjoy:

--------------------
:mushroom2:-Reishi Grow-:mushroom2:
:mushroom2:-Grey Oyster Grow-:mushroom2:

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: How TL Makes A Glove Box / Still Air Box Tek (W/ PICTURES) [Re: b plus]
    #17824454 - 02/18/13 02:31 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Crazy looking GB, Dr. Frankenstein. :smirk:

--------------------

Invisibleabltsandwich
JFK = Jelly Donut
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Dildoville Flag
    #18752127 - 08/24/13 05:49 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

My second use with this design led to the silicone on both PVC fittings to completely let go while doing some G2G.  Anyone with some advice to keep the silicone attached to the tub?

OfflinePussyFartM
Retired Cultivation Extrodinaire
Male

Loc: Orbiting Earth
Trusted Cultivator
Re: How TL Makes A Glove Box / Still Air Box Tek (W/ PICTURES) [Re: abltsandwich]
    #18752231 - 08/24/13 06:15 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Gorilla Glue.

The 2 plastics become 1.....lol.

--------------------

THIS HOBBY IS NOT FOR THE IMPATIENT! PLEASE BE PATIENT, DON'T BE A PATIENT!
A Tale of 10 Isolates, GT Cluster Clone Monotubs, RR's Let's Grow Mushrooms DVD,
SGFC(Shotgun Fruiting Chamber), Monotub Tek, Damion5050's Coir Tek, TL's Tek List, Frank's Tek List,
EvilMushroom666's Pasteurization Tek, How It Should & Shouldn't Look - NEW CULTIVATORS GUIDE
  ^*~.,,.~*^*~.,_,.~*^*~.,_SHIT FOR NOOBS_,.~*^*~.,_,.~*^*~.,_,.~* 

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: How TL Makes A Glove Box / Still Air Box Tek (W/ PICTURES) [Re: PussyFart]
    #18752518 - 08/24/13 07:54 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

I wouldn't worry about the silicone not being attached the tote anymore.
Mine's been loose for awhile now without a problem.

--------------------

OfflinePussyFartM
Retired Cultivation Extrodinaire
Male

Loc: Orbiting Earth
Trusted Cultivator
    #18752580 - 08/24/13 08:12 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Mine worked forever too TL, but it was going to tear off eventually.

I tried Gorilla Glue and was truly impressed by what I saw.

There is no more play, it is solid, and the 2 plastics have bonded.

This is some strong shit.

Using sandpaper around the holes makes it that much better.

I could sit here and kick these hubs all day and not worry about them coming off.

All I am saying is try it....strong bonding shit after a 24hour cure....

--------------------