Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBaldBull
The Dude
Re: GloveBox/Still Air Box Tek [Re: Wise Toad]
    #14465876 - 05/17/11 12:59 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Nice! Gotta spend a little money to do it right sometimes. Thanks for the Tek.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleTranscendingLife
I Don't Need a Life to Live
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: GloveBox/Still Air Box Tek [Re: BaldBull]
    #14469702 - 05/17/11 07:54 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

WT - I haven't changed mine in 5 months. I spray them w/ iso & interior w/ Oust before use. I need to change them out as they are deteriorating due to use & the scalpel/syringe, which are RED HOT, hitting them.

BB - :awethumb: thanks buddy.

Just an FYI, you'll need to replace the silicone on the SAB about every 3 months if you use iso to clean the SAB. It's more like 6-8 months if you use a warm water+bleach solution to clean it &, probably (as I don't know), much longer if you use only water+anti-bacterial soap to clean it.

I don't find it as much of a hassle to replace the silicone every 3 months, as it only takes 20 minutes + 12 hours of not using the SAB...

--------------------
AMU: We Quickly Answer Questions Here
"One must accept the probability of failure to experience the elation of success." - TranscendingLife
“A man of genius makes no mistakes; his errors are volitional and are the portals of discovery.” - James Joyce
:sporedrop::sporedrop::mushroomgrow::sporedrop::sporedrop::wow:How I Do EVERYTHING:wow::sporedrop::sporedrop::mushroomgrow::sporedrop::sporedrop:
"Your vision will become clear only when you can look into your own heart…. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes."- Carl Jung
"Anything that can be done chemically can be done by other means."- William S. Burroughs
"You are as dead now as you will ever be" - Seth

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: GloveBox/Still Air Box Tek [Re: TranscendingLife]
    #14547832 - 06/01/11 08:34 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

just a little :bump: :bomb: for you all...

--------------------
"One must accept the probability of failure to experience the elation of success." - TranscendingLife
“A man of genius makes no mistakes; his errors are volitional and are the portals of discovery.” - James Joyce
:sporedrop::sporedrop::mushroomgrow::sporedrop::sporedrop::wow:How I Do EVERYTHING:wow::sporedrop::sporedrop::mushroomgrow::sporedrop::sporedrop:
"Your vision will become clear only when you can look into your own heart…. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes."- Carl Jung
"Anything that can be done chemically can be done by other means."- William S. Burroughs

InvisiblePinsWellWithOthers
Thread Derailer

Folding@home Statistics
    #14620799 - 06/16/11 02:08 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Made one of these months ago but the container I used isnt totally flat on the bottom so when im playing w/ lots of G2G and have the jars pushed back to the wall they have a habbit of moving around. Still works just fine. Next step is flow hood :stoned: Thank you TL.

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: GloveBox/Still Air Box Tek [Re: PinsWellWithOthers]
    #14621900 - 06/16/11 10:27 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

:kenthumbup:

Yea, my bottom isn't 100% flat (has those weird divots in it) & the jars lean back as the bottom is a bit skinnier than the top, but it works.

Yea, I can't wait to get a flowhood up & running.

--------------------

Offlinetotal
Post Office Tyvek Advocator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #14621953 - 06/16/11 10:36 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I can help you score a blower cheap(free) in your area if you'd like TL...
Then all you need is a decent hepa and some wood...

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: GloveBox/Still Air Box Tek [Re: total]
    #14621969 - 06/16/11 10:40 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I've got a few HVAC buddies that I get blowers from.

I've already gotten two of them, but one is for my 2'x4' HEPA, which I've decided to use for the gourmet farm rather than in my basement, as it's going to be HUGE!

Thanks for the other, though Total :super:

--------------------

Offlinetotal
Post Office Tyvek Advocator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #14622028 - 06/16/11 10:53 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Yup yup...

Here is my timeline...

~10 yrs ago...
Open air work...

~9 yrs ago...
Gloveboxes/Still Air boxes such as this

~Just recently...
My 4x2'

Flowhoods are awesome! :super:
Im prob gonna move this one to the farm as well, and get me a small 2x2' or 1x2' for the home lab

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: GloveBox/Still Air Box Tek [Re: total]
    #14762638 - 07/13/11 01:38 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

:bump:

--------------------

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #14890771 - 08/08/11 02:39 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

must not die!

--------------------

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #15038655 - 09/06/11 03:39 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

:bump2:

--------------------

OfflineDASEDnCONFUZED
Stranger

#15058053 - 09/10/11 01:16 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

What is the reason behind using the two different types of silicone?

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: GloveBox/Still Air Box Tek [Re: DASEDnCONFUZED]
    #15058158 - 09/10/11 01:42 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

The type II holds up a bit better than the cheaper stuff.

It's also mold resistant for 3-5 years depending on the brand.

--------------------

InvisiblePinsWellWithOthers
Thread Derailer

Folding@home Statistics
    #15063603 - 09/11/11 04:51 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Type 2 is best for any area that will be exposed to any amount of humidity especially used for boats and where moisture is expected to be present and is formulated for mold resistance however type 1 is a more pure silicon and will hold the bond better in dry areas but type 2 is really ideal for this type of work. A plastic to plastic bond is always going to be weak when bonded with silicon like this and the desire to change the chalking to prevent any mold build up just makes type 2 the way to go.

OfflineCid2112
Newb
Male

Loc: Ohio
Re: GloveBox/Still Air Box Tek [Re: PinsWellWithOthers]
    #15170473 - 10/03/11 06:53 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Great, Thanks, will use this for my first GB

--------------------
Cid

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: GloveBox/Still Air Box Tek [Re: Cid2112]
    #15171474 - 10/03/11 12:02 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

:kenthumbup:

If you want to keep costs down initially, you can ditch buying the holesaw & just heat up the bottom of a metal coffee can to make the holes.

--------------------

OfflineFuckMeRunnin
REALLY good looking
 User Gallery

#15171579 - 10/03/11 12:27 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

If you have problems with the bottoms not being flat just turn the GB over. I realized that I could do that a couple months ago and I was pretty pumped haha. I was like holy fuck! If I flip it over not only is the top bigger and gives me more space, but I wasn't always running around looking for the lid that I always misplaced hahaha. Idk just a thought if the bottom is giving you problems, just remember to wash the part of the table your working on.

--------------------
Grain Jar to Homemade Mycobag Tek
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/10954174

Offlineyumms
Strangest
 User Gallery

Re: GloveBox/Still Air Box Tek [Re: FuckMeRunnin]
    #15317567 - 11/03/11 01:48 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I saw an old post by roadkill, he had a hole along side of his glove box fitted with tyvex or polyfill I think- later in the thread someone mentioned that this was so that alcohol fumes could escape the box.

Seeing that flame will be kept out of the glovebox, this isnt really needed I assume?

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: GloveBox/Still Air Box Tek [Re: yumms]
    #15317569 - 11/03/11 02:53 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Yes. You're correct.
Keep the flame outta the box.

--------------------

OfflineMaverick
Lover of Earwigs!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Valleys of Willamette Flag
    #15318022 - 11/03/11 04:36 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

My thoughts on having a flame in a still air box is that the heat would cause air movement
Quote:

TranscendingLife said:
Read what I said.  I knew what you're talking about.  You want a fitting for the Arm holes you've already put in place.  Just carefully READ my previous post. (Not trying to be mean nor sarcastic. I know I come off that way.  It's just how I type.)
----Probably should put that in my sig?

Dunno why it took this long to respond to this, but as for my wooden glovebox, I used a jigsaw to cut the holes out, not a hole saw and a drill.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom