Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibletak_old
Endo Smoke

Loc: State of confusion
Expecting the future
    #1355191 - 03/06/03 04:06 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Do you believe you can control reality. I have this feeling that what I anticipate will usually come true. Not supernatural or anything, but just that if we have a possitive attitude, and release posative energy, things will seem to work the way you want them too. I know sometimes I sit there and take in the whole world, then picture myself breathing it out, or breathing out a rainbow of some sort, bringing me to a warm inner peace. At tis point, everyone im around seems to be in the same mood. This also seems to work with people in bad moods too... I dunno what all im trying to say except that energy seems to flow all around you, effecting other people too, based on your attitude and expectations.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinejohnnyfive
Burning withCircles!
Loc: Hell
Re: Expecting the future [Re: tak_old]
    #1355268 - 03/06/03 04:51 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

"Do you believe you can control reality"

You ever had a dream were you were, flying? Your reality will soon become the lucid dream that you may control.

--------------------
And the gameshow host rings the buzzer (brrnnntt) oh and now you get a face full of face!

OfflinePsilozero
StonedGuitar/BassPlayer

Loc: mile high
    #1355670 - 03/06/03 09:22 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I think its good that you think things will go your way as long as you have a positive attitude...that's how I try to lead my life too.

There is a lot of random occurances in life though....bad things will happen to you if you are the nicest guy in the world.  You can only better yourself from negative things by continuing to release positive energy to those around you.  :wink:

--------------------
http://myspace.com/thevoid

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1356467 - 03/07/03 07:31 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

You can control your actions at any time. I'm starting to realize that "right now" seems to be the best time to get things done :wink:

The more "nowness" you take advantage of, the more of your future you can shape.... of course since all of US exist too, we can interfere with that, but if you're determined you can write your future, then write the path you take to GET to that future, and then make it all happen generally how you had originally planned - of course don't let it get you down if it doesn't work out, as we are ALL controlling the future and some people's plans can screw up others'

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Offline3DSHROOM
loon
Male

#1356545 - 03/07/03 07:04 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

--------------------
Your friendly neighborhood loon

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

#1357185 - 03/08/03 03:08 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I find that if i try and "expect" anything it can lead to some serious dissapointment. In fact, I really hate thinking about the future at all, i feel like it brings me out of touch with myself. Well, It's fun to dream and everything... I guess that's not what I'm talking about.

like you said, I just try my best to be positive and just wait for the really good vibes to find their way to me.

as Page McConnel says "Most events aren't planned".

Offlinestoner2002
Stoner

Re: Expecting the future [Re: Grav]
    #1357930 - 03/08/03 10:31 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I know exactly what you're saying. Peope feed of each other's energy, good or bad. I notice that when I stay positive I'm much more happy and everything works out just fine. When I get negative I get in a bitchy mood and I manifest crazy shit in my head like everyone is against me. Atleast now I'm able to catch myself when I find myself falling into a negative loop.

Is this normal or manic depression?

OnlineFlusH
Random person on Internet

Loc: Bizzaro World
Re: Expecting the future [Re: Strumpling]
    #1357972 - 03/08/03 10:55 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

You can control your actions at any time. I'm starting to realize that "right now" seems to be the best time to get things done 

Damn good definition of taking initiative in your actions.  Imo  : :grin: :cool: 

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: Expecting the future [Re: Strumpling]
    #1358034 - 03/08/03 11:35 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I agree with everything Strumpling says.. I have to if I'm ever going to get anywhere with my band..
If only [U]25%[/U] of the people in the United States would realize all of this, instead of victimizing themselves and living without meaning, the entire WORLD would be a better place (come on, we're the United States. we are suspossed to take responsibility for the benefit of the entire planet, instead of blowing up half of it). Everyone would sure be a lot happier and peaceful. We'd have heaven on earth.
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Invisibletak_old
Endo Smoke

Loc: State of confusion
Re: Expecting the future [Re: stoner2002]
    #1364117 - 03/10/03 09:21 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I was at a party sat night watching a friend spin, and outside the place around others i could feel the energy flow through me. Lots of these people were happy, but i think eachothers happiness overflowing through themselves into eachother made it even more so creative a giant energy field. I was not on anything, nor listening to music at the time, but i sure as hell felt it. Same goes in negative places. Ever been in a room with people in a not so good mood when someone walked in and changed the mood of everyone around, projecting thier possitive energy? I dunno, its not just a thing to me, it is part of my life, and ive noticed the more i focus energy, the better things work out.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
    #1364412 - 03/11/03 02:16 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Merkabas..our energy field... extends 55 feet out from our body when fully activated. They are very powerful energies, when our merkaba merges with someone elses, the energies mix, and the dominant one usually wins.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1365232 - 03/11/03 08:59 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

There's a quote from Waking Life that goes something like this:

"I do not await the future, anticipating salvation.. not even enlightenment through process - I subscribe to the belief that this flawed perfectionism is sufficient and complete in every single ineffable moment." Meaning there is no future... there's just one instant, and its right now.

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology