Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules, Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecyankid
Micron Magik Filter Lids?
    #1353301 - 03/05/03 06:38 PM (21 years, 28 days ago)

Used some of these recently. MM claims they aren't Tyvek, which they look a lot like. Thing that sucks though, after PCing my jars, I go to innoculate, and when I remove the lid, it sucked air in. There was a vacuum in the jar, the filters were not allowing air to pass through. I had a 3/8ths hole drilled in the metal top, and it still held a vacuum. So much for air exchange! Bummer, and I thought at 21 dollars for 100 it was a good deal. Guess not. You have been warned.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefrancisco
Richman Sporeman
Loc: USA
Re: Micron Magik Filter Lids? [Re: cyankid]
    #1353529 - 03/05/03 11:15 PM (21 years, 28 days ago)

I use them all the time w/no problems.This is the manner i use.
Lay the filter across the opening.
Put the dome cap upside down on the filter.
Put the ring on loosely,just enough to secure every thing.
My contam rate is negilible.
<5%
Hope this helps.

--------------------
Well...Maybe just a little.

Invisiblemobyd
mad agar worker
Male User Gallery

#1353538 - 03/05/03 11:28 PM (21 years, 28 days ago)

I have the problem that the filter discs are wet after PR. I dunno why ....

mobyd

--------------------
Sorry, my english is really bad!

If you like my work, rate me....

OfflineBruiser
Fuel Injected Suicide Machine

Loc: Hell
    #1353650 - 03/06/03 01:31 AM (21 years, 28 days ago)

I use them quite frequently and have never had that problem. Odd....
-Bruiser

--------------------
-I put the chrome to your dome

InvisibleMicronMagick
old hand

#1353873 - 03/06/03 04:14 AM (21 years, 28 days ago)

Quote:

Used some of these recently. MM claims they aren't Tyvek, which they look a lot like. Thing that sucks though, after PCing my jars, I go to innoculate, and when I remove the lid, it sucked air in. There was a vacuum in the jar, the filters were not allowing air to pass through. I had a 3/8ths hole drilled in the metal top, and it still held a vacuum. So much for air exchange! Bummer, and I thought at 21 dollars for 100 it was a good deal. Guess not. You have been warned.

It's impossible to create a vacuum with a 3/8 hole in the lid. You must have fucked something up. Did you glue the filter to the lid?

Offlinecyankid
Re: Micron Magik Filter Lids? [Re: MicronMagick]
    #1354100 - 03/06/03 05:48 AM (21 years, 28 days ago)

Damn Mr. Micron Magick, no wonder so many of your posts get deleted. I should have checked how you treat customers before I bought from you. I didn't "fuck anything up". I've been doing this for years. Your filters do not allow gas to flow through freely, plain and simple. You get what you pay for, and in this case you get cut out tyvek. Bunk.

InvisibleSixTango
Mycota

Loc: A little North of Paradis...
    #1354353 - 03/06/03 07:26 AM (21 years, 28 days ago)

Quote:

MM's filters are polyester fiber - spunbonded together & will remain micro/porious allowing macro gas exchange when autoclaved. They allow even more gas exchange than Tyvek material.

The pic above is the same exact material & that filter has been through the PC @ 15 to 20  poundss pressure for 90 minutes -- multiple times.

Just as MM states, it is impossible to create a vaccum in a PC'ed jar with a 3/8ths hole in the lid & this type filter material underneath the lid.

You either used glue of some sort (that solidified), or had tinfoil under the filter (& the ring screwed on tight), instead of over the exterior of the lid, as a LOOSE  protective cover.

You have more, I suggest you TRY AGAIN & apply the filter properly.

As much as I disagee with MM (now & then), Publicly bad mouthing a vendors product that works perfectly (applied properly) ain't right.

6T  :wink:

--------------------
~whiskey river rafting, hot tubbing, dirty dancing & spending money on - wild women - having fun & just gonna waste the rest~

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #1354709 - 03/06/03 09:32 AM (21 years, 28 days ago)

You must be special then because they work fine for me.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Offlinedebianlinux
Myconerd - DBK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Over There
Re: Micron Magik Filter Lids? [Re: SixTango]
    #1357834 - 03/08/03 07:24 AM (21 years, 26 days ago)

all i can say is A) they work beautifully for me and i use 2 freaking layers (one on top and one underneath the lid) and B) if 6T is agreeing with MM then it MUST be true.

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
    #1358343 - 03/08/03 12:47 PM (21 years, 26 days ago)

I have never had a problem with MM's filter disc's.

You must have been stoned when you were working!

If you still have a problem....email MM....I'm sure he will be glad to help you!

Click!

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules, Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder