Home | Community | Message Board

Kraken Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Coir

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineunproportionate
undefined line
Pinning while new casing layer?
    #1354218 - 03/06/03 08:38 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

A friend of mine had a couple trays of straw/wormshit that was taken over by myc pretty well: however, he used 50/50+ mix to case it. The pinning didn't occur after a week, while his other BIG tray (same 50/50+ mix but cooked too long, he thinks) barely colonized at all.

So, of the 5 trays, 2 of them (TC he he he) colonized quite well, the other 3 didn't work so well. While this was going on his wafer tek yeilded him 300+ wet grams (before he and a friend overwatered it and killed some 50 pins) (which he and some friends tripped and had a great 'fresh' time... unfortuanitly he didn't dry them right and the rest rotted).

The wafer tek was 'cased' with Miracle Grow WIth Moisture Control ('Aqua Coir') and HE RECOMMENDS THIS TO EVERYONE WHO CANT GET COIR (this stuffis the shit! seriousily, he had at least 50 litle pins shooting up after/udring while he pulled his harvest--they died all to do exessive overwatering). So he went out and pastuerized more of this MGAC+ and cased the three of the five trays that didn't colonize so fast/so evenly.

But, they had been 'inducing pinning' for a week, so today (a day after casing) he checked them out and they have a few pins coming up through the MG.

Do any of your expirence out there see this as a problem?

I am guessing he will try and harvest whatever comes through, but let it case the MGAC+ layer and then induce on that. Though, he is frightened maybe those pins might cause havoc or something... any comments?

------
Further, He ADVOCATES to everyone to use the Miracle Grow Aqua Coir as a casing material--this stuff is the shit. (read: OT's Wafer Tek from Mycotopia)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleChe_Night_Soil
Koinoniphobic

Loc: Commonslaughtia
Re: Pinning while new casing layer? [Re: unproportionate]
    #1354345 - 03/06/03 09:22 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

What else is in the Miracle Grow?

--------------------
if(human==autoPart){
for(i=1;i<infinity;i++){
getBorn(mind,soul);
getEdu(mind,soul);
getJob(mind,soul);
retire(mind,soul);
die(mind,soul);
}
}

InvisibleBilge
longtimenoC

Loc: USA
Re: Pinning while new casing layer? [Re: Che_Night_Soil]
    #1354382 - 03/06/03 09:39 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

miracle grow plant food for one....yek.

--------------------
Shopping for your head? Visit HeadShopFinder.com or find Online Head Shops.

Offlineunproportionate
undefined line
Re: Pinning while new casing layer? [Re: Che_Night_Soil]
    #1356499 - 03/07/03 07:45 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Uh, both of you need to think before you post; I'm sorry: but my question had nothing to do with what miracle grow has/is/will do in your opinion--instead, if you read my post, i said:

MGAQ+ (via wafer tek) yeilded me just under a full lbs wet, and would of yeilded me easily almost 2 lbs if my friend didn't excessivly water out of excitment of his first pull.

And secondly, my ORIGINAL question was:
The pins growing from the straw underneat the casing layer (MGAQ+): will they cause problems? I am assuming my friend will have to just pitch out those by poking some tool thro the casing layer and getting them out. But, does anyone with expirence see any severe problems related to this?

(dont diss miracle grow with moisture control (aqua coir they call it) until you've tried it, don't even post a message saying 'yek' or whatever--this is not a board to post such idiotic posts! That post served absolutly NO point but to bash miracle grow even when I just said that it got a good fresh lbs harvest for my friend, so try it before you diss it so quickly). I mean fuck, OT at Mycotopia says its his favourite and he has more expirence in his life than either of you ever will).

Offlineshirley knott
not my real name
 User Gallery
Loc: London
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Pinning while new casing layer? [Re: unproportionate]
    #1357023 - 03/07/03 11:02 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

no need to be a prick about it, man. your question was far from clear, and if you'd stayed civil, we would have got to your answer in the end when people figured out your query.

--------------------
buh

Offlinevalour
Swordbearer

Loc: USA
Re: Pinning while new casing layer? [Re: shirley knott]
    #1357992 - 03/08/03 11:10 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I know I'm not exactly an old guard member here, but what's with all of the newbies with attitude?

--------------------
"Remember, son,
I didn't sell out-
I bought in."

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Coir

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation